Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2009 6:56 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
oh man, it has been set up. I really can't wait to see their meeting.
Feb 14, 2009 7:59 PM

Feb 2008
Azuki and Mashiro should be more open about their feelings, or else they'd regret never knowing about each other...

Though this much seems standard in any romance Manga....
I believe that they might end up not only regretting this, I mean really regretting it, but they both would most likely end up with other people, as is also standard in manga, and stories of love and romance... after all if you can't be sure of the one you want to be with, you might be with someone else... not to mention the thought of meeting a great guy and being in his care, while your true/first love stays back for your sake, will give the impression of not being wanted...

Wouldn't you believe it that Girls in love with a boy, wouldn't actually express their feelings? Not only because the men don't express their feelings, but because they are insecure? Azuki testing Mashiro, without meaning to, is one of the most likely outcomes of this story. I think the most believable future outcome would be Azuki finding a replacement for Mashiro, that cares for her, but that she might choose over Mashiro at some point, without knowing his feelings... Though Azuki and Mashiro miht never be together in this outcome, might I say that they would if Mashiro actually attempted to get Azuki back!?

Kaya and Takagi, might end up regretting leaving their friends to do as they wish, and end up meddling in Azuki and Mashro's love lives, to get them together...

Another possible outcome, is that of a great tragedy befalling them, Azuki and Mashiro, not just a bonk on the nose in terms of their lives, but radical life destroying tragedies.

I might also mention, that Mashiro and Takagi are thinking on similar wavelengths, which is a most unrealistic development... It is in the story, even though for the most part this story has great depth in reality, if you plan on advancing a story beyond this chapter, without making more story up to get Takagi to re-write his story within the story...

I'd also like to say, that you could have just ignored this post, since its pretty long without getting to a point. I must've edited it a bunch of times.

Ah, I like the story, and will continue to read, I suggest if you have read up till now, you might as well continue also...

I think that was the highest considerable praise that I could give to an ongoing story.
LonerGothFeb 14, 2009 8:07 PM
Feb 14, 2009 8:19 PM

Nov 2007
very cool. it seems their partnership may continue since they are thinking on the same wavelength now. im glad they moved away from battle manga. it would be too mundane.
Feb 14, 2009 8:34 PM

Oct 2007
Cant wait to see what happens when they find out that they were thinking the same thing the whole time. Soo glad they arent doing a battle manga though.
Feb 14, 2009 9:02 PM

Aug 2008
LonerGoth said:
*Insert text wall*
Nice prediction... but I feel more like letting them be and be happy their own way... they are rooting for their dreams and that's what they jave to do... as long they have dreams in common they will end up together

Mmm I dunno what to say about this chappie... I got mixed feelings for it.. I feel happy 'cause the team is not really disbanded but they fell apart in the vacations and Shujin is givin' Miyoshi a lot more time than his own dreams.. yeah of course it's better to spend time with the person you're interested in and you love... but if being away from him/her means a better future and better way to reach their future then it's okay to be separated some time 'til you can accomplish your dreams with her/him... Just the same as Takagi said...

Mmm I dunno I feel like a mystery manga is quite an option for sure... And I completely feel sorry for Saiko.... He's alone and that's not cool... *sigh* C'mon Ashogi Mutou and hit Jump naoooo!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2009 9:49 PM

Jun 2008
I thought that Takagi was neglecting the names, until the last page. They made it seem like he was going to give up or something for the past five or so chapters, with him just hanging with Kaya.

I love the relationship between Azuki and Mashiro <3
Feb 14, 2009 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
wow, this keeps getting better and better. The Con-Man manga sounds and looks alot more interesting than what they were shooting for before.
Feb 14, 2009 10:13 PM

May 2008
another awesome chap
Feb 14, 2009 10:49 PM

Sep 2008
Aww~
Feb 14, 2009 11:28 PM
Oct 2008
wow tht was intensingly good!

i really hope they dont split up ><

arghhhh~
Feb 14, 2009 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
Oh no, I hope Shujin and Mashiro stay friends.

And another oh no, I can't wait for next week's issue :(
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Feb 14, 2009 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
Hopefully don't turn out bad because both of them are trying to please each other by making battle manga.
Feb 15, 2009 12:58 AM
Nov 2007
l o l.

irony.

gotta love it
Feb 15, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
The chapter is interesting, with lots of potential. I suspect that events are heading towards some sort of tragic end, with Shujin and Mashiro breaking off due to misunderstandings, only to discover much much later that it was entirely regretable.
Feb 15, 2009 4:32 AM

May 2007
This was the best chapter so far.. IMO..
Feb 15, 2009 5:34 AM
Oct 2007
can't wait for the next chapter T_T
Feb 15, 2009 5:59 AM

Oct 2008
they work perfectly as a team with the same ideas ^^
Feb 15, 2009 7:39 AM

May 2007
Getting exciting! Lol both want to do a mystery manga but they won't tell it to each other! Really can't wait for their 'reunion' or watever. XD

Speaking of mystery manga.... -cough cough- Death Note anyone? XD

Feb 15, 2009 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
Our team really trusts each other whether its to draw a great name or accept a non-battle name!!! ^_^ I really like where this chapter was headed especially when it was revealed at the end that they had the same idea. They need to stop procrastinating. -_-
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Feb 15, 2009 8:17 AM
Apr 2007
Great chapter, one thing that I don't get though. Takagi says he's been working on the name all this time and his gf has just been with him.

Then why is the cliffhanger: Can I do it in 2 days? If he's been working all this time. I was under the assumption that Mashiro only thought Takagi wasn't working but he actually was.

And was I the only one hoping Takagi and Kaya would get busy when he stared at the bed XD
Feb 15, 2009 8:50 AM

May 2008
this chapter was pretty awesome at the end.

CapitalJ said:

And was I the only one hoping Takagi and Kaya would get busy when he stared at the bed XD

i thought about it but i think you are the only one hoping for it....
Feb 15, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
Now that was something.

Can't wait 'til they meet.
Feb 15, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
CapitalJ said:
Errr... Well I was thinking Shujin was too tired to keep on writing Miyoshi's novel and anted to have a nap hahahaha... pervy mind you have uh XD
NoyaChan said:
Really can't wait for their 'reunion' or whatever. XD

Speaking of mystery manga.... -cough cough- Death Note anyone? XD
Yah We're eager to see their reunion... lol no... for me it sounds more like Detective Conan... CLAMP Campus Detectives... or even FMA... not D :P... but what the hell... DN is a possibility

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2009 12:31 PM
May 2008
haha as if they both decided to do a mystery manga. i think that connection of theirs is what will keep them together through the random crap that will be thrown at them.

and i think when Takagi said can he do it in two days, he meant he just thought of a good mystery idea (from the categories) and changed his idea two days before the 'deadline'.

interesting!
Feb 15, 2009 12:52 PM
Apr 2007

i thought about it but i think you are the only one hoping for it....

It would have been unexpected and funny although it would never happen in a Shounen manga. I didn't mean that I wanted to see it just that it would have been unexpected and funny.
Feb 15, 2009 3:07 PM

Sep 2008
^
you wouldn't want to see it?

I would, it opens up so much possibilities, plot wise.

eg. Miyoshi is pregnant.

Takagi picks up smoking and starts drinking often. But continues to write names for the further chapters.

Editor also notices in the new chapters and names, the themes and the mood becomes darker and darker. Reflecting on the mental state of Takagi.

Meanwhile, Miho harbors resentment towards Takagi due to Miyoshi's current condition. Regardless, Miyoshi remains faithful to Takagi.

But Miho's hatred starts sipping out and slowly/subconsciouslly starts to affect Mashiro.

The Manga Duo's bond is in danger!

on next chapter: The Secret behind the Uncle.
Mashiro finds a manga vols of hidden behind the boxes.

It looks like simple gag manga at first, but the theme becomes stranger as it goes on. Slowly it starts to reveal the "truth" between Mashiro's uncle and Miho's mother.

And the most frightening of all, the parallel that exists between the uncle's manga, and current condition of Mashiro, Takagi, Miho and Miyoshi.
Feb 15, 2009 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
lol

that would be too dramaful D:
Feb 15, 2009 5:03 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man, awesome chapter. I really hope things don't turn sour between this two now.

Feb 15, 2009 10:41 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
CapitalJ said:
nope you weren't ;)

lol this is how you know they're meant to work together. i mean, they both switched to mystery without knowing the other one did at the same time!!

gah i love Bakuman's artwork and facial expression.

i only wish the scanlators/translators would replace "email" with "text" because well, that's what they are, texts! not emails! XD
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 16, 2009 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
They are emails.... If you didn't know Japanese have enough technology to send emails via their cellphone... in fact we can also do that but the little difference is that we pay a lot for them while the Japanese don't

Signs,
Green
Feb 16, 2009 10:15 AM

May 2007
blanclait said:
^
you wouldn't want to see it?

I would, it opens up so much possibilities, plot wise.

eg. Miyoshi is pregnant.

Takagi picks up smoking and starts drinking often. But continues to write names for the further chapters.

Editor also notices in the new chapters and names, the themes and the mood becomes darker and darker. Reflecting on the mental state of Takagi.

Meanwhile, Miho harbors resentment towards Takagi due to Miyoshi's current condition. Regardless, Miyoshi remains faithful to Takagi.

But Miho's hatred starts sipping out and slowly/subconsciouslly starts to affect Mashiro.

The Manga Duo's bond is in danger!

on next chapter: The Secret behind the Uncle.
Mashiro finds a manga vols of hidden behind the boxes.

It looks like simple gag manga at first, but the theme becomes stranger as it goes on. Slowly it starts to reveal the "truth" between Mashiro's uncle and Miho's mother.

And the most frightening of all, the parallel that exists between the uncle's manga, and current condition of Mashiro, Takagi, Miho and Miyoshi.

wow.
Feb 17, 2009 2:20 PM

Sep 2008
^
now wouldn't that be great :D
Jul 13, 2009 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
I really liked this chapter. Especially towards the end were we see it all coming together. A mystery manga it'll be then.

Miyoshi x Takagi were so cute in this chapter.

And Mashiro, in the panel when he woke up and got an email from Miho. >__<
Jan 31, 2010 5:46 AM

Oct 2008
Ahhh, I'm disappointed in you Takagi, starting so late on the name. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 15, 2010 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
CONFIDENCE MAN - haha

Tension is heating up between Takagi and Mashiro
as for Azuki and Mashiro, it would be a lot harder doing things their way
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 31, 2011 10:31 AM

Jun 2010
I hope Shujin brings a good manga, if not it will be a good moment to kick his ass
Dec 11, 2011 4:09 PM

Mar 2011
The dramatic irony is pretty intense in this chapter.
May 27, 2012 12:27 PM

Oct 2008
So Shujin really wasn't working on the name this entire time! That pissed me off. Miyoshi is annoying too! How can she call it 'her' success when she makes other people do it?? But still, it's amazing that Saiko and Shujin are thinking of the same thing. I hope this goes well.
Apr 24, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, they're a perfect team.
May 7, 2018 6:05 PM

May 2010
I'm relieved that Takagi wasnn't just playing around whole summer with Miyoshi, and him having exactly same idea as Mashiro is awesome af :3 They really are the perfect duo!
Jul 25, 2019 5:20 PM
Apr 2018
Yes! A detective manga is definitely the way to go. I can't wait for the Mashiro and Takagi meeting.
Nov 6, 2021 2:30 PM

Dec 2007
only ohba could pull an entire chapter about 4 character that doesn't even meet each other face to face, and still makes it engaging as other chapters.

detective story is perfect for takagi.
May 16, 2023 7:37 PM

Jun 2021
I like that eiiji and saiko are friends and all the conversations between the crew of assistants was really fun. God buy all the 20 volumes in a manga store (also manga stores in mi querida tijuana ajuuua papa! are like 7eleven, they are everywhere) in about five visits and with absolutely confidence about the quality of this story was worth it.
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.