Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 8, 2021 8:49 PM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking shit, that was an amazing arc. Ougi really do be the catalyst to this whole thing, I mean it was all Nadeko but it was Ougi that gave her all those information, and she probably knew this would all happen. What's your game here Ougi?

Nadeko repeatingly stabbing Shinobu is disturbing as fuck, and then killing Koyomi-oniichan so no one else can be with him, damn. She's really insane now, and an insane God at that. Senjougahara, awesome as always. Managing to negotiate 6 months with Nadeko before she kills them all. And then when Nadeko was saying that classic line "We could've been friends under different circumstances". Senjougahara was like "Nah", lmao that was great.

So, I am assuming the next arcs will be focusing on those 6 months probably. Totally did not expect Nadeko to become this big of an antagonist but it's really fucking amazing how it happened. I can honestly see as well some small similarities with Hanekawa and Nadeko, in that they created their own dangerous aberrations, but I guess that's where the similarity stops, personality wise they are way different.
Jun 3, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2020
Did they go crazy making this arc ? How exactly did we go from a shy girl running away from reality to a yandere ? I mean, was turing her into a yandere really necessary ? I don't think so, actually, I believe it turns the story away from its main point. But it's not the only problem.
In last episode's thread, I talked about how the show's depiction of a shy person is wrong, but while I still partially believe it (specifically because it blurs the line between "shy and awkward" and "superficially cute", something it shouldn't do), I don't think that's my main problem. The real problem is the whole thing about victim and bully. I strongly disagree with the message that every victim is a bully.
And to explain why I'll use one simple exemple. Remember when Hanekawa told Araragi the abuse she was victim of was okay because she deserved it for annoying her father ? Remember how this arc showed that her way of thinking was totally wrong ?
Well, according to the Nadeko arc, her way of thinking was right because she indeed deserved the abuse since there are no victims in this world, only bully. So not only is the show putting the blame on an abuse victim, it also contradicts its own message. Wonderful.
And that's not just it. How can there be bullies if there are no victims ? What exactly makes someone a bully if their victim isn't one ? If there is no victim then nobody suffers which undermines a bully's actions, so in the end the bully isn't one. That doesn't make any sense.

The one thing I understood and agreed with is about running away from reality. Nadeko hallucinating everything was a nice twist. If the arc focused on that it would've worked. Unfortunately it didn't.
I I also understand that Nadeko is basically supposed to be this nice girl who became tired of being nice. It's been done before, generally it works. Here it was starting to work and... Nope. Because they decided to turn her into a psychotic villain without her having anything that could've explained such a change in character. I mean, she didn't have a particularly difficult life, she just didn't know how to face people and was tired of them seing her as a cute girl. Simply keeping her as this aggressive girl she became last episode would've been enough.
I must say there are still three interesting things it brought up : the creation of a villain (as weird as her development was) who will obligatory come back, mystery behind Ougi's actions (I feel like I'm gonna love this sneaky miss), and great development for Senjougahara.

But overall, let's just say Monogatari had to have a bad arc, it happened, now it's behind us and let's move on to the next one.

Oh, just one last thing : this arc made me become annoyed at Shinobu. I hope next arc will redeem her because until now she was one of my favorites in the series.
FafetteJun 3, 2021 6:19 AM
Aug 5, 2021 10:29 AM

Aug 2020
This was a great episode. I might wanna re-watch to understand this one. But Shinobu getting stabbed was pretty uneasy for me.
Araragi gets beat up as usual.
Senjougahara interfering is the least expected of all things. I thought Shinobu and Araragi were gonna fix this up, but Hitagi's interference seems rather unorthodox.

Nadeko got roasted. Senjougahara's mouth can't go any less savage than this XD.
Aug 17, 2021 9:09 AM
Aug 2021
Awesome episode!
Is Ougi a medium or something?She seems to know what would happen in the future. Araragi gets gets stabbed a fuck ton as usual but even Shinobu gets pretty beat up by Nadeko- who's now a snake god.That went from 0-100 real quick.

Hitagi's back:)
Well let's see how she saves them in these 6 months.

Kami-ng soon XD
Sep 1, 2021 5:50 AM
May 2020
doeesnt that mean that sengoku is a yandere?
Sep 1, 2021 8:25 PM
Jun 2017
Holy...!

A great episode that forecasts a great arc coming.

I'm eager to see what happens next.
Sep 20, 2021 1:47 PM

Aug 2015
I love how unpredictable this show is.
In any other anime, they'll just fight with her, they lose at the beginning then somehow win after a speech, she'd end up losing and realizing what she did was wrong, the end.
but here it's just so different and more interesting. that's why I love this anime!
Nov 25, 2021 2:47 AM

Feb 2016
Stab those emotions away
Apr 11, 2022 10:37 PM

Feb 2019
Shinbou getting stabbed again and again was very difficult to watch.... Not sure how to think about Nadeko, but right now I definitely dislike her.
May 5, 2022 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
Writer of Monogatari is genius.
Eyes were glued onto my screen, lots of incredible development, tease of graduation fucked me, preview fucked me as well. Wow.

Surreal how damn amazing this show looks.
Senjougahara calling Araragi's phone, saving the day was awesome. They'd never have become friends, haha.
Still blown away.
Oct 1, 2022 2:56 AM
Jun 2021
Never thought nadeko will be my hatest character in monogatari.. everything aside.. when she attack shinobu on ground for her selfish brat reason.. my anger was peak..
Hope she will pe get what she deserved.
DynamicGuy
Aug 3, 2023 9:49 AM

Jun 2021
holyy fuck
nadeko just became the last boss?
and damn oshino's niece is the one behind it?
maybe she had a reason for it but still

i just love how nadeko is just cute and nothing else like they said in the show
by this arc ppl are getting to hate her 
i didn't like my nadeko in this arc

i love the OP just as much i love this series
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Aug 19, 2023 12:06 AM
Mar 2022
A great episode. Nothing more, nothing less.

"You said it yourself. You put everything you have on those scales of yours.
Because if you merely followed others, while being lost and adrift yourself...
without ever truly weighing your decisions and consequences... then you just may come to regret everything."
Sep 7, 2023 3:25 PM
Mar 2021
It seems I don't like Shinobu that much because I didn't feel anything when she got stabbed lol. In general, I'm feeling like I'm not vibing with this anime at all lately xD
Sep 27, 2023 11:15 AM

Oct 2018
I hope she succeed in killing Araragi & Senjougahara. I don't like her very much.
Oct 25, 2023 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
I hope all will go well, Nadeko stays a god but wont kill them.
Dec 15, 2023 2:26 AM

Nov 2023
Nadeko is a really victimized-self character
Jan 12, 5:18 AM

May 2021
Wait, they're actually going to leave it at that? That's pretty bold though from Kanbaru's arc, I kinda know that they're gonna be alive. So what's left is how it concludes, or more specifically, what's gonna become of Sengoku? Does she remain a god or not? Probably not in this season though.

Jan 23, 4:23 AM

Mar 2020
Watching this after reading the LNs, I can see why Nadeko and Tsubasa are similar - constantly putting up a facade and bottling up their emotions and then pushing them on to an alternative personality (Black Hanekawa and Mister Serpent) to boot. even if Nadeko doesn't actually have an alternative personality and was just pretending to have one.
Contry to what some of the older posters seem to be alluding to, as shocking as it was first time I don't feel the negative aspects to Nadeko came too out of left field even if I don't think they were always planned (someone as perceptive as Oshino would definitely have confronted her on them like he did all the other girls if it was). I feel like the conclusion she's spoilt and trying to skirt by life on easy mode feels like a natural extension of her orginal character, even the idea she only really likes Koyomi because - being the brother of her friend - he was off limits so she could get the highs of loving someone without actually having to deal with the messy parts and downs of a real relationship- she's just like her classmates who are avoiding relationships after the charm craze, and just like them doing nothing and putting it all off just ended up hurting her, hence this arc.

She's still worst girl though.

Feb 27, 4:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well I wasn’t expecting this episode to be the end of this arc, things escalated rather quickly, we went from our usual cutesy Nadeko to your son calls me mommy too in the span of 20 minutes lol, and man the way they explained all of this happening is quite interesting. So all of this stuff with Nadeko being helped by a snake god was all in her head supposedly, all of the stuff we were seeing with her hunting for the object of worship was a fantasy she created (not sure if it was consciously or unconsciously) and it all began when Ougi planted all of this info in her head and gave her that white scrunchy which was thought to be that snake god. So basically this was orchestrated by Ougi, yeaaah I can definitely see that being the case lol, I just wonder what her goal is by making Nadeko into a god, or a god-like being at least, perhaps time will tell or we’ll never know.

But yeah this was quite the fun arc, I personally enjoy Nadeko and despite her becoming a villain by the end I still really liked it, really it makes her more of an interesting character, although I hope it’s in the cards that she can still return to normal after graduation, because even though she did some dastardly things near the end of this arc I still do not hate her, I don’t think her reaching this state is just on her, Shinobu definitely didn’t help with her constant insults lol, and really I kinda see happened as what would happen if you give a middle schooler in their edgy phase godlike powers lol, because at the end of the day Nadeko is a kid and isn’t gonna make the best decisions, and this is another reason I don’t hate Nadeko after this, so screw you dudes that said I’d hate her all those years ago lol.

And lastly I do want to mention that Senjougahara gaslighting Nadeko into giving them 6 months to live was kinda wild lol, of course that’s how their asses got saved, she didn’t even appear in this arc yet she was a GOAT lol, good moment for sure, as well as Nadeko’s little “next time preview” which got me hyped ngl. And this arc had a very nice OP too, it’s just a shame it wasn’t used much as the version I watched only used it in 2/4 of the episodes, I’ll have to listen to it more on my own time.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.