Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2009 4:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty decent episode.

Interesting to see Zadan jutsu used by Ouri. Now we see that Ouri is no longer useless and managed to destroy few Keisei puppets.

Makina's new power seems a bit overpowered, but at least Ouri will suffer the consequences if overused. But taht makes two of the Shichisei destroyed...

lol at boob queen becoming shikabane. She fell under the power of the balloon Shichisei, which is to manipulate people's heart. But interesting to not that one of Ouri's friend was very sharp and noticed right away that there is something wrong with her.....

The face Saki made was really priceless....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 15, 2009 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was pretty jumbled. It feels like they tried to do way to much, and as an effect, it skipped around a lot and didn't come off as cohesive.

Other than that it wasn't a bad episode. Oori all of a sudden using Zadan techniques was necessary, and the explanation was lame enough, that I'll just accept it. I'm interested to see how this will all end now that we're halfway through.
Feb 15, 2009 3:55 PM
Dec 2007
Strange episode overall, there were very good scenes with great direction and the usual dark atmosphere really well rendered, and also really lame scenes with cheap animation and problems of coherence. But developments, especially those concerning Oori and O-mune sama, were good. I only wish they had a bigger budget and could do this series properly (like a GAINAX only production for example), I'm pretty sure it could turn out much better than it already is.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 15, 2009 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
What happened to the black cat?

Feb 15, 2009 8:33 PM

Jun 2007
@wakka9ca - Booby queen isn't a shikabane or even dead yet. The Shichisei wrapped a balloon around her to manipulate her true desire which is death. This is why she asked Ouri to kill him....she's not dead yet.

This episode was pretty interesting. The head of the Kougonshuu is the only one that can make shikabane. I wonder if he knows about the cat :P. Another thing that seems to pop in my head every time I see him is that maybe he too is a shikabane or a similar living dead as the Shichisei. That would explain why he sides with the shikabane.

The cat is still a mystery. I still have a feeling Ouri made a contract with it on accident when he was a kid. But then again after finding out that the head of Kougonshuu is the only one that can make shikabane this leads me to believe that if Ouri did make a contract with it, then maybe he too has the power to make shikabane. However if the cat is not contracted to him then it's most likely a living dead similar to the Shichisei. We have no way of telling if the cat is bad or good at this point. We can only assume that it's trying to help Ouri because they made a "promise" about something.
Feb 15, 2009 9:19 PM

Jan 2008
It's hard to tell what the cat really is. Considering that Ouri is the only one who can see it, I tend to believe it's somehow a "part" of Ouri. It only appeared after Ouri started coming out of his coma-like state. Perhaps it's a buried personality or some unknown power that has taken form.
Feb 15, 2009 9:22 PM

Aug 2008
Is everyone forgetting Makina could see the cat?
I could have sworn she saw it when Oori had it with his bike a few episodes back (by few that could me 7 or 8).

Feb 16, 2009 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Is everyone forgetting Makina could see the cat?
I could have sworn she saw it when Oori had it with his bike a few episodes back (by few that could me 7 or 8).

yeah last season but no further discussion happened.
Feb 16, 2009 12:16 PM
Oct 2008
i believe the betrayer priest also saw the cat back in the 1st season
Feb 16, 2009 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
I still have a feeling Ouri made a contract with it on accident when he was a kid.

I can see a spin-off series on the way...

Shikabane Neko
Feb 18, 2009 9:43 AM

Jan 2009
That Balloon guy is creepy.. and that voice >.<

Jun 16, 2009 5:18 AM

Jan 2008
Argh, what's with that balloon guy/thing.
Aug 24, 2010 2:37 AM

Dec 2009
I think this episode is most romantic of whole SH.
And, you know, it is one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen. May be not in TOP-5, but TOP-10 definitely.
Mar 14, 2012 2:41 AM

Nov 2011
Hopefully balloon guy eats it soon... he's really kind of annoying.
Jul 2, 2014 2:28 AM
Mar 2013
Finally, Oori starts calling Makina by her first name. About damn time.

I always wondered what Kasuga's (the highschool girl with a crush on Makina) purpose was in this anime. She's so stupid getting herself killed and turning into a corpse. I wish she would've listened to Makina's advice in season 1.

Blue_Monday said:
Hopefully balloon guy eats it soon... he's really kind of annoying.
He is probably the most disturbing one of the Sichisei in my opinion. He needs a bullet to the brain. Doctors orders.
Apr 16, 2015 11:07 PM
Jun 2013
wow ouri actually beating the bad guys up and using his head. This transfer body guy sure isint the sharpest tool. I mean why leave all your extras out in the open. So this dude was a psycho who killed a bunch of pretty people to make the perfect body. Oh noes balloon demon person got to the crazy big boob girl. ha at saki poking fun at as its out wish line. Im guessing rika had a thing for keisei to. well big boob lady is undead now and killing people. well thats alot of blushing from both sides. I guess ouri was feeling he cant replace keisei.
Jun 7, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
Huh. In that monk assembly, you could tell which characters were important to the show if they had hair.
Aug 7, 2017 12:43 AM

May 2015
I hope MC doesn’t go the talking bullsh*t route with Nozomi… she clearly made her choice and she even got innocent people involved & killed, hope MC & Makina put her to rest for good.
Apr 2, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2016
I like the development between Makina and Ouri, but ugh Nozomi is gone for good now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Mar 28, 2009

99 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

wakka9ca - Jan 24, 2009

27 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:19 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion

sniW - Jan 1, 2009

41 by Ronninn »»
May 20, 2022 3:58 AM

» season 3?

gregory003 - Jul 8, 2011

11 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Oct 22, 2021 12:41 AM

» How to finish story?

Wen_tnuocca - Jul 2, 2021

0 by Wen_tnuocca »»
Jul 2, 2021 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.