Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
In a distant future where most of all parents are otakus, how you think it will be the world? The new generations of childs and teens? And the popularity of anime bigger than now?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2013 4:11 PM

Apr 2013
I actually hope this never happens.
I also don't understand the questions.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Sep 21, 2013 4:13 PM

Jun 2011
>Otaku

THERES THAT WORD AGAIN

On topic, I think most of us would have grown out of anime by then.
Sep 21, 2013 4:14 PM

Aug 2012
This is gonna get ugly fast.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 21, 2013 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
ssrex said:

In a short question: you think that animes will change a big or a little part of this world? And by the way.. why you hope this?
Sep 21, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
ssrex said:
In a distant future where most parents are otakus how do you think the world would be for the new generations of children and teens? And would the popularity of anime be bigger than it is now?
gamer2710 said:
This is gonna get ugly fast.
Without a doubt.
Sep 21, 2013 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
FastWheels said:

On topic, I think most of us would have grown out of anime by then.

Maybe grown out of battle shonen...but I don't think it's sensible to say you can grow out of entertainment.

Otherwise people over 65 would never watch tv, movies, read books, etc. Which is silly.

Otherwise, I don't see much changing. So, future parents like animation from Japan. I don't think children will really care.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Sep 21, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
AkiyoSSJ said:
ssrex said:

In a short question: you think that animes will change a big or a little part of this world? And by the way.. why you hope this?

I would think that if that future ever existed, it would probably set society back a couple of years, since all the top scientists would be to busy catching up on the latest One Piece and Naruto episodes.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Sep 21, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
AkiyoSSJ said:
In a distant dystopian future where most of all parents are otakus, how you think it will be the world? The new generations of childs and teens? And the popularity of anime bigger than now?
Fix'd it for ya.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Sep 21, 2013 4:26 PM

Feb 2010
By then I hope english is taught well across the globe.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 21, 2013 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
I have a friend with otaku parents. His parents have loads of manga at home. He does read manga, but he's nowhere as addicted as I am. In fact, he only reads shounen and only occasionally.

So it'll be alright.
Sep 21, 2013 4:28 PM

Mar 2011
In a distant future where most of all parents are fucking idiots, how do you think the world will be? The new generations of children and teenagers? Are they going to be even more retarded?

We're fucked.
Sep 21, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
This is one fucked up apocalypse scenario you've come up with, OP.
получить деньги моего друга
Sep 21, 2013 4:36 PM
Jul 2013
This should be your last post on MAL, OP.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Rinshansan said:

I don't understand all this goddam rudeness.
Sep 21, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
Cupquake2 said:
Rinshansan said:

How come did you forget that this is Mal?
Sep 21, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2011
Cupquake2 said:
Rinshansan said:

No one likes idiots who don't even have a good enough grasp on the English language to be comprehensible.

This isn't primary school, we don't have to be your friend. If you're a fucking idiot, then by jove I'm going to call you a silly goose (because I don't want to be banned).
Sep 21, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
In ancient times, the land lay covered in otaku, where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of the normal.

For those were the days of dorks and of anime geeks...
получить деньги моего друга
Sep 21, 2013 4:44 PM

Apr 2013
*facepalm* maybe this will be my last post.. I wanted to know people's opinion, yes if this happens it will be a dystopian era :). And of course.. sorry for my english.
Sep 21, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
LOL

Who are they going to get pregnant, their waifu?

Apr 2013
AkiyoSSJ said:
*facepalm* maybe this will be my last post.

Okay bye forever.
an egomaniac and a fool

Aug 2013
InfiniteRufus said:
Cupquake2 said:
Rinshansan said:

No one likes idiots who don't even have a good enough grasp on the English language to be comprehensible.

This isn't primary school, we don't have to be your friend. If you're a fucking idiot, then by jove I'm going to call you a silly goose (because I don't want to be banned).

Yeah but making stupid threads isn't that terrible...I made a really stupid one in the first week I joined. Back then people were being extremely unhelpful about why my thread was bad.
Jul 2013
AkiyoSSJ said:
*facepalm* maybe this will be my last post.. I wanted to know people's opinion, yes if this happens it will be a dystopian era :). And of course.. sorry for my english.

lol, just don't post threads like this. I was being sarcastic.
Sep 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Dec 2010
Red_Keys said:
LOL

gg
Sep 21, 2013 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
Mikuza said:
Red_Keys said:
LOL

gg

As statistics show, 50% of rapists are otakus....

Statistics also show that eight-fifths of what i say is BS.
Sep 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
LOL

And thus, the phrase "otaku parents" has been proven to be an oxymoron.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 21, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2013
LevailRenn said:
AkiyoSSJ said:
*facepalm* maybe this will be my last post.

Okay bye forever.

They hate me T_T..
Sep 21, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake2 said:
Yeah but making stupid threads isn't that terrible...I made a really stupid one in the first week I joined. Back then people were being extremely unhelpful about why my thread was bad.
Tell me more pls
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 21, 2013 5:07 PM

Jul 2008
Can someone explain to me for once and for all why so many people like Highschool DxD? Isn't it just the worst harem ecchi bullshit?
Sep 21, 2013 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
gstaad said:
Cupquake2 said:
Tell me more pls

"If you had the power to switch an anime character with another at a certain scene, what would you do?"
Sep 21, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake2 said:
gstaad said:
Cupquake2 said:
Tell me more pls

"If you had the power to switch an anime character with another at a certain scene, what would you do?"
pls stop
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM

Apr 2012
Op dont mind all this pricks, there are no dumb questions as long as they havent been asked before.

Also I dont think anime is popular enough to make a difference when we grow up and have kids ourselves, and also many will probably stop watching anime by then. I do think that gaming will be a big thing tough, the next generation of parents will consist of even more gamers than there already are. It will be glorious.
Sep 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2013
baki502 said:
Op dont mind all this pricks, there are no dumb questions as long as they havent been asked before.
However, there is dumb grammar.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Mar 2011
Cupquake2 said:

Did I mention how we have no obligation to be helpful? We're not a place to get help if you get stuff wrong, we're a place where we shit on you if you get stuff wrong.
Sep 21, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
InfiniteRufus said:
Cupquake2 said:

Did I mention how we have no obligation to be helpful? We're not a place to get help if you get stuff wrong, we're a place where we shit on you if you get stuff wrong.

Rufus-niichan, don't be so edgy~
Sep 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
Red_Keys said:
LOL

keee kekekek kululu.jpeg
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
InfiniteRufus said:
Cupquake2 said:

Still, if you don't want to read stupid threads, I think you should tell a user how to use the site correctly instead of insulting them.
Sep 21, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2013
2-D said:
Can someone explain to me for once and for all why so many people like Highschool DxD? Isn't it just the worst harem ecchi bullshit?

Because this anime is perfect, except the MC's stupidity.
Sep 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
gstaad said:
baki502 said:
However there are countries other than amercia and england, and languages other than english in this world.
Sep 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
baki502 said:
gstaad said:
baki502 said:
However there are countries other than amercia and england, and languages other than english in this world.
Implying that every MAL-user is from the U.S. or England.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 21, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
gstaad said:
baki502 said:
gstaad said:
baki502 said:

You are splitting hairs.
Sep 21, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
I kinda believe that anime will get more popular and accepted in the future. But not THAT big as eveyone becoming hardcore anime otakus n' shit.
A decade ago videogames were just for nerds and geeks, nowadays it's pretty much accepted by young parents (30 or - ). So MAYBE it could be the case with anime too.

It's up to the fanbase to try to act less retarded and keep their power lever under control.
Sep 21, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
gstaad said:
baki502 said:
gstaad said:
baki502 said:

No I am just saying you are being a dick, by being so painfully dead set on grammar, when there are enough people here, that only heard english at school a few times. Its people like you that make me wish to build a german grammar torture camp, where you can have the pleasure of learning german grammar to perfection. Then you will know what you are demanding from people that dont have english as their native language.
Sep 21, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
baki502 said:
Its people like you that make me wish to build a german grammar torture camp, where you can have the pleasure of learning german grammar to perfection.
I've been there. It was called school.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 21, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
op, that shouldn't be your concern. instead you should worry about how people are getting dumber and lazier every year and these are the people who will be the future rulers of this world. imagine what their kids are gonna be like. on top of that, eventually there will be a time when girls with the names jessica, brittany and ashley will be grandmas
Sep 21, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
orchidork said:
op, that shouldn't be your concern. instead you should worry about how people are getting dumber and lazier every year and these are the people who will be the future rulers of this world. on top of that, eventually there will be a time when girls with the names jessica, brittany and ashley will be grandmas

So cynical!
Sep 21, 2013 9:09 PM

May 2013
There will be no "even more" distant future.
Sep 21, 2013 9:10 PM
Aug 2011
This question sucks.
Sep 21, 2013 9:13 PM

May 2011
Otaku =/= An anime fan, get this fucking straight OP.
Sep 21, 2013 10:03 PM
Jul 2013
baki502 said:
No I am just saying you are being a dick, by being so painfully dead set on grammar, when there are enough people here, that only heard english at school a few times. Its people like you that make me wish to build a german grammar torture camp, where you can have the pleasure of learning german grammar to perfection. Then you will know what you are demanding from people that dont have english as their native language.

That's not a bad idea o:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

19 by alshu »»
53 seconds ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

29 by Azuchi »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
16 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
23 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.