Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 6, 2009 7:23 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, Yoichi received a love letter :'D And he will be going on date with Ibuki !
And it was so cute to see that Ibuki likes stuffedanimals :----------D ♥

And Yoichi's new clothes are much better than the first ones !

Feb 7, 2009 5:54 PM

Aug 2007
Kind of cute. Whatever. I just had to post because the engrish at the end just seriously made me laugh out loud.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Feb 7, 2009 7:25 PM
Mar 2008
Rofl, Yeah XD
Engrish at the end was win.

On another note, Glowing Sword thingy next episode! :D
Feb 7, 2009 8:56 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Ayame, I so want her with Yoichi. D:
I broke out laughing when the Engrish came on and when Yoichi threw the bowling ball at the wall. xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2009 8:56 PM

Apr 2008
The english at the end was really funny " Wa-san Macho-Man"
Its was a good ep.

Breath||
Feb 7, 2009 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
i liked this anime at first but during this episode i was just plain dissappointed, the story and the character developement/interaction turned out to be average and very predictable, i was expecting more.

Dropped this anime.
Feb 7, 2009 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
So he went on a date =O, nice enough episode although not the greatest, lol is the money man wearing a rats mask or something? black and white limousine's nice xD
Feb 7, 2009 11:43 PM

Oct 2008
mrSmiles said:
i liked this anime at first but during this episode i was just plain dissappointed, the story and the character developement/interaction turned out to be average and very predictable, i was expecting more.

Dropped this anime.

For generic ecchi/comedy anime like this, you shouldn't start them expecting much but the same overused gags. :)

With that said, it was a pretty okay episode. Needs more Chihaya, though.

Feb 8, 2009 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
Man, I hate storylines like this. Ayame's gonna get hurt and its so uncomfortable. I know now its an impossibility for her to win him. An anime as cliched as this one is not going to change course. We all know its gonna be Ibuki who he ends up with in the end, if anyone. *Sigh. Can't they just once let the underdog have a shot?
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Feb 8, 2009 2:11 AM

Aug 2008
Cute and fun as always. The engrish was unnecessary though.
Feb 8, 2009 3:55 AM

Jun 2008
Somnia said:
mrSmiles said:

Dropped this anime.

For generic ecchi/comedy anime like this, you shouldn't start them expecting much but the same overused gags. :)

With that said, it was a pretty okay episode. Needs more Chihaya, though.

well i wasnt expecting this to be an ecchi type anime after watching the first episode i thought it was going to be something completely different either way it ends up being dissappointing even for a ecchi/comedy
Feb 8, 2009 6:15 AM

Jun 2008
Didn't like this episode much the previous one was better.
Next episode looks like it gonna be awesome.
Feb 8, 2009 6:31 AM

Sep 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Poor Ayame, I so want her with Yoichi. D:

Awww, I know, me too!

Feb 8, 2009 8:33 AM

Feb 2008
lol the boys in his class reaction was just too rich. haha. JESUS!
Feb 8, 2009 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
kisami said:

OOOH MY GOT!
mrSmiles said:
i liked this anime at first but during this episode i was just plain dissappointed, the story and the character developement/interaction turned out to be average and very predictable, i was expecting more. Dropped this anime.

Your dissappointed, and I'm happy to see an ecchi/comedy on the likes of Amaenaide yo!

datsunvicFeb 8, 2009 9:16 AM
Feb 8, 2009 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
the engrish was wonderful
Feb 8, 2009 9:41 AM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, the date was really cute and funny :)

Next episode seems pretty good... But wtf with that engrish in the end ? ^^
Feb 8, 2009 10:14 AM
Mar 2008
This has to be the most enjoyable anime of this genre since Love Hina. I truely can barely stand waiting week to week.

This episode had some pretty win moments
-Throwing the bowling ball.
-His new outfit.
-Ibuki has already understood her own feelings(was expecting it to play more like LH with a ton of episodes of self denial
-The classmates reactions
-Generally cute moments/reactions by the girls.
Feb 8, 2009 11:27 AM

Oct 2007
JESUS! OH MAH GAWT~!!!!!1

that was the best of this episode lol.

I could swear i heard Mick Foley in the preview for the next episode. "Have a Nice Day"
Feb 8, 2009 4:03 PM

Dec 2007
I loved this episode. The comedy was great and the romance scenes were cute :)

Oh, and the engrish made my day
Feb 8, 2009 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
When real date girl came. It turned out differenter than the manga :P
Feb 8, 2009 7:14 PM

Nov 2008
Not much too talk about over than how needed the "fake date" was in terms of development. Good episode.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Feb 8, 2009 9:28 PM
Jan 2008
Bladin said:
This has to be the most enjoyable anime of this genre since Love Hina. I truely can barely stand waiting week to week.

you said my thoughts right there. even though is a little cliche but is still pretty fun to watch.
Feb 8, 2009 9:57 PM

Oct 2007
This is a poor man's FMP but it's still not bad.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Feb 8, 2009 10:10 PM

Jan 2009
kisami said:

Followed up by "Oh my god"...lol
Feb 9, 2009 5:51 AM

Feb 2009
Funny as always. :)

Lol at engrish during next episode preview. xD
Feb 9, 2009 7:10 AM

Jun 2008
Lmao, the class guy's "JEEEESUS" made me laugh.
Feb 9, 2009 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
Nice engrish ^_^ That was quite good episode, nice loveletter
Feb 9, 2009 12:11 PM

Dec 2007
Nice episode.
Yukarin...err, I mean Chihaya is <3
Feb 9, 2009 12:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Not enough Chihaya but still, this episode was fun.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 9, 2009 12:35 PM

Feb 2008
Funny episode.
But need more Chihaya
Feb 9, 2009 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
Always needs more Chihaya. Good episode otherwise, I'm growing more and more fond of Ibuki. I think I just have a thing for purple hair.

Anyway, while being "poor man's FMP", this is still pretty enjoyable, especially with the reactions of his class mates.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 9, 2009 12:59 PM
Mar 2008
I just recently watched FMP, and honetsly I can't say this is a poor mans fmp.

FMP was fairly decent(only seen the first series so far) but the comedy is way more generic, and the action/drama is ruined by the same villain over and over with no motivations beyond hai guys sup fight fight.

Sagara is also a much worse male lead. Not only is he so dense that his head could break a rock. but he's not even that good of a fighter. They put him on a pedastol and give him a special mech which is made out to be some secret weapon. But he can barely fight anything beyond grunts.

Let alone the animation quality of FMP really hurts in some episodes.

Also the relationship crushes seem rather far fetched, Chidori is head over heals for him but in denial, but why? He protects her, but she never once has had any positive conversations or the like. Even the captain is crushing on him, and while we may not have been shown their time together before the story started, I can't imagine it being much different then just a captain-recruit relationship, since he didn't have ANY emotions before it started.

To me the characters in this are progressing much better, the comedy is genuinely better, and the relationships seem to occur much more reasonably.

The main char here while being a great fighter, also genuinely does things and says things which could win a girl over, unlike sagara

Poor mans FMP? Don't make me laugh
Feb 9, 2009 7:43 PM

May 2008
datsunvic said:
kisami said:

OOOH MY GOT!
mrSmiles said:
i liked this anime at first but during this episode i was just plain dissappointed, the story and the character developement/interaction turned out to be average and very predictable, i was expecting more. Dropped this anime.

Your dissappointed, and I'm happy to see an ecchi/comedy on the likes of Amaenaide yo!

This is episode made me lol!
Feb 9, 2009 9:00 PM

Oct 2007
Bladin said:
I just recently watched FMP, and honetsly I can't say this is a poor mans fmp.

FMP was fairly decent(only seen the first series so far) but the comedy is way more generic, and the action/drama is ruined by the same villain over and over with no motivations beyond hai guys sup fight fight.

Sagara is also a much worse male lead. Not only is he so dense that his head could break a rock. but he's not even that good of a fighter. They put him on a pedastol and give him a special mech which is made out to be some secret weapon. But he can barely fight anything beyond grunts.

Let alone the animation quality of FMP really hurts in some episodes.

Also the relationship crushes seem rather far fetched, Chidori is head over heals for him but in denial, but why? He protects her, but she never once has had any positive conversations or the like. Even the captain is crushing on him, and while we may not have been shown their time together before the story started, I can't imagine it being much different then just a captain-recruit relationship, since he didn't have ANY emotions before it started.

To me the characters in this are progressing much better, the comedy is genuinely better, and the relationships seem to occur much more reasonably.

The main char here while being a great fighter, also genuinely does things and says things which could win a girl over, unlike sagara

Poor mans FMP? Don't make me laugh

Er yes it still is. This one is a much more generic harem comedy in which we have the loli sister, the tsundere character, the uninterested character, and the violent one(which turns out to be the love interest). Almost all of these characters could have been ripped out of Love Hina or even Tenchi Muyo. The idea that he can't fit in due to being isolated is straight out of FMP(I'm sure other shows have done this before but point still stands) instead of a soldier, we have a samurai.

In regards to the animation, again not only different time periods but different studios. If you want to say Gonzo which did a mediocre job then fine, although they were animating a mecha show which is much harder than just some generic wind motions. However Kyoto with TSR blows this out of the water in both character design and action. This is only ep.4 of a 12 episode series and the character designs are by no means original or unique.

Then lets talk about the villains with the guy with the fox mask no way touches Gauron or the psychopath(I can't remember his name) in TSR.

The relationship really doesn't develop till the later novels because as you said, he's not very likable but he's always been there for her. This was seen in Ending Day by Day when she saw without him watching her she's bloody terrified of somebody kidnapping her. She does have some positive moments with him in both animes like when she goes fishing with him, the school antics(she does enjoy it in some way), and later the last scene on the train. As for the captain thing, he's really the only one around her age on the ship so you bond with what you have. Also Sousuke really isn't there to make friends and study culture and society unlike Yoichi.

This is really just a generic harem anime but it's been handled in a decent way, if you prefer this over FMP, fine but tell anyone that this is better than TSR and you'll get laughed out the room.

JarmelFeb 9, 2009 9:04 PM

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Feb 9, 2009 10:10 PM

Oct 2007
for a pretty predictable harem, i really do enjoy watching this. the girls are all cute and have their adorable quirks (and everyone's tsundere). the main guy is likeable and not a loser. awesome seiyus. and enough zanyness and gags to keep me laughing.

Orkel said:
Lmao, the class guy's "JEEEESUS" made me laugh.

lol, yeah. that was such a great line. funniest part of the episode.
Feb 9, 2009 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
I'd like ayama to have a chance and hope in the next few eps she gets more of a spotlight. that said I like Ibuki to. love how their date has stalkers haha.
Feb 9, 2009 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
Jarmel said:
This is a poor man's FMP but it's still not bad.
LOL, nicely said. I enjoyed the episode it was pretty well done.

To Boldin,

Like Jarmel is saying, you need to watch the other two series of FMP. Many of the issues that you mentioned are addressed by these two series
Feb 10, 2009 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
There should seriously be a children story called "The boy who cried cliche".

Cliche's aren't a bad thing, especially in this genre, as long as the show is achieving enjoyability.

http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Feb 10, 2009 10:34 PM

Jul 2008
Starting to like Ibuki a lot more just because of how deep her personality is compared to the rest of the cast. Anyways, good episode 4/5.

EDIT:want Kagome episode.
DefianceFeb 11, 2009 12:06 PM
Feb 11, 2009 5:48 PM

Jun 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
Man, I hate storylines like this. Ayame's gonna get hurt and its so uncomfortable. I know now its an impossibility for her to win him. An anime as cliched as this one is not going to change course. We all know its gonna be Ibuki who he ends up with in the end, if anyone. *Sigh. Can't they just once let the underdog have a shot?

Feb 12, 2009 2:29 AM

Mar 2008
Pretty balanced episode. Generic but not bad at all.
Feb 12, 2009 10:32 PM

Aug 2008
I am a sucker on this type of show. I know the plot itself is predictable but I still find it enjoyable.

What's with the next episode anyway? I find his English out of this world.

Feb 13, 2009 10:16 AM

Dec 2007
yatsushiro said:
I find his English out of this world.

Heh, you should watch some Chrome Shelled Regios to hear some more of that world English ^_^ And the show needs more Ayame!
Feb 13, 2009 11:22 AM

May 2007
I can't belive...

The anime is turning better then the manga.
Seriously better.

This episode had much better plot then the manga one.

This anime is starting to look promising.
Feb 13, 2009 4:21 PM

Jun 2007
Ryushi said:
I can't belive...

The anime is turning better then the manga.
Seriously better.

This episode had much better plot then the manga one.

This anime is starting to look promising.

Na I liked it the other way around because it made it clear that not everyone in the school thought he was "cool". The anime gives off the vibe like everyone thinks he's the man because he's a samurai, which isn't the case.
Feb 13, 2009 4:32 PM

May 2007
Well, i better off with that reallity.

I rather see something like this then what happened in the manga.

If I wanted something like that, all i needed to do was spend sometime in any primary education school.
Feb 15, 2009 5:45 AM

Oct 2008
The preview for next episode was...

Feb 15, 2009 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
Eizei said:
yatsushiro said:
I find his English out of this world.

Heh, you should watch some Chrome Shelled Regios to hear some more of that world English ^_^ And the show needs more Ayame!

I haven't got the chance to review that show. I might pick it up soon.

Kira01 said:
The preview for next episode was...

I was about to say the same thing.

Feb 16, 2009 5:18 AM

Dec 2008
Kallen_R2 said:
When real date girl came. It turned out differenter than the manga :P

Yeah very different XD

No matter what, its a nice show.

I begin to like Ibuki ,she was so nice and beautiful in this episode

the english in the preview was strange ; (
FabienneFeb 17, 2009 12:49 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asu no Yoichi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

superman89 - Mar 26, 2009

128 by AshRayKay »»
Mar 12, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Asu no Yoichi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Mar 21, 2009

50 by AshRayKay »»
Mar 11, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Asu no Yoichi! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 30, 2009

65 by AirMitsuki »»
Dec 3, 2022 12:19 PM

» At what chapter of the manga does the anime ends ?

daniel1919 - Mar 31, 2013

6 by MaplesDay »»
Nov 24, 2022 1:07 AM

Poll: » Asu no Yoichi! Episode 10 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 14, 2009

49 by Ashhk »»
Dec 7, 2019 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.