Forum Settings
Forums
New
Angel Beats:Another Epilogue should be written as a new story.
Sep 10, 2013 4:58 AM

Sep 2013

After i saw the Another Epilogue, i thought there might be a possibility of a new story. I really want Otonashi and Kanade together. What do you guys think? should they continue where Otonashi tried to grab Kanade?

Also, do you guys think season 2 would come out?

Sep 10, 2013 4:59 AM
Apr 2013
No and no.
Sep 10, 2013 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
It's ending was fine. No more is needed.

And as for best anime? No, but it was good.
Sep 10, 2013 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
Not one of the best anime. One of my favorites? Yep.
Far from the best though.
an egomaniac and a fool

Sep 10, 2013 5:04 AM

Dec 2012
Would love a second season but don't think that's happening.
Sep 10, 2013 5:12 AM
Jul 2013
Angel Beats is the anime to make an example of in one regard. Put it on the top of a list of anime that could've redefined anime as a whole, but completely missed the ball due to it being handled in awful hands. More character development for the whole cast, and about as much episodes as the whole Clannad series, and finally, in the hands of KyoAni and not that no-face company, and it could've been the best anime ever made.
Sep 10, 2013 5:17 AM

Oct 2012
trabeus1 said:
should they continue where Otonashi tried to grab Kanade?
I don't recall Otonashi being that perverted
Sep 10, 2013 5:19 AM
Jul 2013
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Angel Beats is the anime to make an example of in one regard. Put it on the top of a list of anime that could've redefined anime as a whole, but completely missed the ball due to it being handled in awful hands. More character development for the whole cast, and about as much episodes as the whole Clannad series, and finally, in the hands of KyoAni and not that no-face company, and it could've been the best anime ever made.

Except Angel Beats wasn't part of KyoAni.

Stop assuming that all Key works are made by that company, it's not cool.

did you even read what i said? I clearly just stated it is because that Key did not hand this to KyoAni and to some mediocre, half-assed company instead is why it failed. I mean why? Kanon 2006 and Clannad were smashing successes, so what compelled them to not hand the idea to KyoAni?
Sep 10, 2013 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
This is totally an original thread and will not be locked soon.
Sep 10, 2013 5:23 AM

Sep 2013
kuuurt said:
Second season? Nope. Best anime? Not even close.

/thread

it was my opinion sorry.......

Sep 10, 2013 5:23 AM
Jul 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:

did you even read what i said? I clearly just stated it is because that Key did not hand this to KyoAni and to some mediocre, half-assed company instead is why it failed. I mean why? Kanon 2006 and Clannad were smashing successes, so what compelled them to not hand the idea to KyoAni?

I deleted my post because I realized my error, but still, KyoAni doesn't have to be in charge of literally every Key work to be good. Angel Beats is just fine with P.A. Works in terms of art. I do believe though Key and KyoAni had a bit of a rift though, so maybe that's why KyoAni didn't take charge of Angel Beats, it happened with LB too.

Anyways, you can't really say one studio is going to guarantee an anime to be perfect just because of their art style. While I can appreciate the artwork that KyoAni does, sometimes their shows aren't at all that good in other regards.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 10, 2013 5:27 AM
Jul 2013
trabeus1 said:
kuuurt said:

/thread

it was my opinion sorry.......

Welcome to MAL where opinions shouldn't exist, nothing new~
Sep 10, 2013 5:27 AM
Jul 2013
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:

I deleted my post because I realized my error, but still, KyoAni doesn't have to be in charge of literally every Key work to be good. Angel Beats is just fine with P.A. Works in terms of art. I do believe though Key and KyoAni had a bit of a rift though, so maybe that's why KyoAni didn't take charge of Angel Beats, it happened with LB too.

Anyways, you can't really say one studio is going to guarantee an anime to be perfect just because of their art style. While I can appreciate the artwork that KyoAni does, sometimes their shows aren't at all that good in other regards.

I sadly always imagine Angel Beats in it's full glory. Imagine, a full, in-depth analysis on Yuri's life after her tragedy leading up to her death, Kanade's life explored, most of the minor characters getting some closure like Iwasawa. ALL MISSED...But there's a Visual Novel apparently in the works.
Sep 10, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2011
Since when has Angel Beats bean considered even a moderately good anime, let alone the best? Even if KyoAni handled it, they'd have to change the story itself to avoid creating that bloody pointless plothole in the end of the anime. Angel Beats S2 as a comedy anime? I'm up for it. Angel Beats S2 as a romance? The romance in Angel Beats is exactly what makes it bad, so no.
Sep 10, 2013 5:36 AM

Sep 2013
yhunata said:
Since when has Angel Beats bean considered even a moderately good anime, let alone the best? Even if KyoAni handled it, they'd have to change the story itself to avoid creating that bloody pointless plothole in the end of the anime. Angel Beats S2 as a comedy anime? I'm up for it. Angel Beats S2 as a romance? The romance in Angel Beats is exactly what makes it bad, so no.

Have you thought about combining the two? Comedy + Romance

Sep 10, 2013 6:39 AM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:

KyoAni already completely screwed up the endings in Clannad and Kanon; so I seriously doubt they could have made AB any better than it currently is.

But Key is most likely working on a new Angel Beats VN, so there will be more AB in the future
Sep 10, 2013 9:37 AM
Jul 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:

I sadly always imagine Angel Beats in it's full glory. Imagine, a full, in-depth analysis on Yuri's life after her tragedy leading up to her death, Kanade's life explored, most of the minor characters getting some closure like Iwasawa. ALL MISSED...But there's a Visual Novel apparently in the works.

Let it just be the way it is dude, it's already very good as it is.
Sep 10, 2013 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
PA works always fucks everything up. Kyoani needs to do a remake.
Sep 10, 2013 11:04 AM

Dec 2011
Misleading title. Angel Beats is NOT the best, and in fact, far from it. There IS no "best" anime anyway.
Sep 10, 2013 11:06 AM

May 2011
Worthless threads are spreading like weeds in the house garden,,
Sep 10, 2013 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
DramaEnthusiast said:
Mokkan said:
DramaEnthusiast said:

Lol, P.A Works is no KyoAni, but the background setting they gave us for Angel Beats was beautiful. Not really mediocre, imo.
Sep 10, 2013 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
Fuck "kyoani", fuck PA works, and especially fuck KEY. Too much garbage.
получить деньги моего друга
Sep 10, 2013 4:07 PM
Aug 2013
no. i don't know this shit
Sep 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
Accept their fucking fate please.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 10, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
That would ruin my opinion of Angel Beats
Sep 10, 2013 5:15 PM

Jun 2012
That would do more harm to the series then help, it'd be like if Death Note had an epilogue with L
Sep 10, 2013 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Shojo-chanCat said:
Lol, P.A Works is no KyoAni, but the background setting they gave us for Angel Beats was beautiful. Not really mediocre, imo.

hehehe
получить деньги моего друга
Sep 10, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
The scene at the end is all about your ability to imagine. You can think whatever you want with it. Maybe kanade and otonashi did find eachother, maybe Kanade thought otonashi was some pervert because he was moving to touch her. The possibilities are endless. That type of ending lets you come up with the best scenario in your head, if they made a second season and fucked it up (which is entirely within the realm of possibility), it would ruin the whole series. Nothing is better then what we can imagine.
"There stood a high school boy, who for selfish reasons had twice beaten an elementary school girl unconscious, and had gotten all nihilistically worked up about it. Actually that's still me."
Sep 10, 2013 5:25 PM

Dec 2012
Angel Beats was fine, but I don't want another season of it.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Sep 10, 2013 5:33 PM
Jul 2013
The responses in this thread scare the shit out of me. You people actually enjoyed what was given?? We need a prequel series for a second season. That would save this series, and bring it to the heights it deserves.
Sep 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
The responses in this thread scare the shit out of me. You people actually enjoyed what was given?? We need a prequel series for a second season. That would save this series, and bring it to the heights it deserves.

So Angel Beats Heaven's Door?
Sep 10, 2013 6:15 PM
Jul 2013
Cupquake2 said:
DramaEnthusiast said:

So Angel Beats Heaven's Door?

An Angel Beats anime dedicated to giving every unexplored character an episode of development exploring their lives prior to their deaths would nail it a 10/10 for me.
Sep 10, 2013 6:17 PM
Jul 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:

Are we not allowed to?

This is REVERSE NAZISM REVERSE NAZISM I SAY
Sep 10, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
its fine as it is, no need for sequel since that d only ruin the ending of the series for me an certainly no need for remake
Sep 10, 2013 6:28 PM

Jun 2013
Until they make a 24 episode series focused entirely on T.K, I won't give a shit about what they make.

Closer to the original topic, it's not "that great" of an anime in my opinion, and they'd need to really "buckle down" and re-make the whole thing for it to do much for me.

Just my opinion though.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Sep 10, 2013 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
I dont care but I would prefer to have more seasons of course but I highly doubt it will happen.
Sep 10, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed the ending; as was stated before, it leaves room for the imagination. Instead of a direct sequel which takes place in the real world after all of them were obliterated, I think the series would benefit more from further development of the other characters. The series does an excellent job developing the characters it does focus on, such as Yui, but I would love to find out more about the others in the SSS.

In other worlds, an expanded remake or several OVAs would be more fitting. Still love Angel Beats! for what it is, nonetheless :D
Sep 10, 2013 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
kuuurt said:

/thread
I agree. The show was very rushed and poor. To have another season of the same bullocks is just insult to injury.
Sep 11, 2013 12:23 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Another Epilogue Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mollymortensen - Dec 25, 2010

239 by bakakisima »»
Feb 19, 3:53 AM

» Episode 13 Another Epilogue

earthfairys - Oct 10, 2010

11 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jun 27, 2022 3:51 PM

» Otonashi circle

JustAnotherShiro - Dec 14, 2019

1 by GreenClock »»
Dec 14, 2019 11:17 AM

» Angel Beats SPOILER

yg01 - May 25, 2018

6 by kevin_satron »»
Oct 4, 2018 4:52 AM

» How this connects to the end of the main series

fang3412 - Jun 6, 2015

1 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 15, 2015 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.