Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 9, 2013 12:18 AM

May 2009
No. Though I don't flat-out hate the franchise, I don't exactly love it, either.

The anime community hyped it up to immense proportions and that alone made me weary. After watching it, I can honestly say I was right to not have such high expectations.

I liked the Endless Eight move. I thought it was a nice way to troll the Haruhi fans and bring them down to more respectable levels. Also, I liked the whole E8 arc. Just watching for the many differences was entertaining in its own right. Not that I'd be willing to rewatch it all again, but it was fun at the time.

Apparently, the author seems to have hit a slump, Kadokawa isn't interested in promoting a franchise that's dead in the water, and KyoAni most likely can't be bothered to touch it even if Kadokawa wanted to, since they've moved on to other projects., so I say let the franchise die a slow death.

RIP, Haruhi, you will (not) be missed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 12:41 AM

Apr 2013
AO968 said:
No. Though I don't flat-out hate the franchise, I don't exactly love it, either.

The anime community hyped it up to immense proportions and that alone made me weary. After watching it, I can honestly say I was right to not have such high expectations.

I liked the Endless Eight move. I thought it was a nice way to troll the Haruhi fans and bring them down to more respectable levels. Also, I liked the whole E8 arc. Just watching for the many differences was entertaining in its own right. Not that I'd be willing to rewatch it all again, but it was fun at the time.

Apparently, the author seems to have hit a slump, Kadokawa isn't interested in promoting a franchise that's dead in the water, and KyoAni most likely can't be bothered to touch it even if Kadokawa wanted to, since they've moved on to other projects., so I say let the franchise die a slow death.

RIP, Haruhi, you will (not) be missed.

I hope your body will finally putrefy .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 9, 2013 1:47 AM

May 2012
You can never have enough Haruhi
Sep 9, 2013 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
This show was terrible, peculiar premise I suppose but goddam they dropped the ball. The entire anime felt like on massive filler episode not to mention the 3 hours of the same bullshit episode repeating.
Sep 9, 2013 8:45 AM
May 2009
Don't really mind. it was entertaining enough. Movie wasn't that bad.
Sep 9, 2013 10:35 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, after reading so much rage that burned down my computer, I might as well give my two cents on this subject.

I'm actually not too sure if KyoAni will continue with Haruhi. Granted, it'll be nice to see that but still. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. If and when will it happen is up in the air but being it around this year is kinda having high hopes. Plus, KyoAni is wokring on Free! at the moment and is gonna work on Kyōkai no Kanata.

That is my two cents. Hope you all will have a good day. ^^
Sep 9, 2013 2:08 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Jun 6, 2021 1:58 PM
Dec 2017
well we got new light novels on the way so yeah

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1535 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:41 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.