Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Mar 12, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2008
So... has this ever been fixed, or even addressed? It's the only site I know of that can't keep you logged on more then 15 minutes, and it's pretty stupid.
Mar 12, 2014 8:07 AM

Oct 2009
DmonHiro said:
So... has this ever been fixed, or even addressed?

No
Mar 17, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
This problem is now a year old nearly
Mar 18, 2014 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
As of today I started to get logged out in every 10 mins or so........

Why the sudden change after about a week of betterment?
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Apr 8, 2014 2:53 AM

Sep 2009
I keep getting logged out after 5 mins or so.
Apr 10, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
komic said:
I keep getting logged out after 5 mins or so.

I think that happens to everyone o.o

I remember I couldn't log in so I just switched browsers and it worked.

Apr 14, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2013
How is this problem not solved yet?

I keep signing out every minute now.
Apr 14, 2014 5:08 AM

Jul 2008
Veniamin said:
How is this problem not solved yet?

I keep signing out every minute now.
I'm using firefox and I have never encountered that issue before.
Apr 18, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to report it but I have being getting a one incapsula page with one of those confirmations boxes to see if I'm human or a machine.
I couldn't access anything every single MAL page was loading this confirmation box until I typed the code on the image than it finally let me in.

EDIT: Received it again but this time it was 3 times in raw
here is an image of what it looks like http://imgur.com/LLd9ULs
Miketsukami-kunApr 18, 2014 12:08 PM
Apr 18, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
Miketsukami-kun said:
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to report it but I have being getting a one incapsula page with one of those confirmations boxes to see if I'm human or a machine.
I couldn't access anything every single MAL page was loading this confirmation box until I typed the code on the image than it finally let me in.

EDIT: Received it again but this time it was 3 times in raw
here is an image of what it looks like http://imgur.com/LLd9ULs

I've been getting this one all day as well. I have to do two of them each time before it lets me on the site.
Ara ara.
Apr 18, 2014 1:02 PM

Oct 2009
Try different browser, as it is based on your IP as well as browser
Apr 18, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2010
Came to see what that was about. It seems to be breaking anything that interfaces with the site.
Apr 18, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
Serhiyko said:

I get the Incapsula page no matter what browser I use on my phone.
Apr 18, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 2012
What the hell is this people? It asks the fucking captcha for every.single.page I try to access...

The same on both Firefox and Chrome

I mean what the hell
Apr 18, 2014 1:22 PM

Mar 2009
I´m getting the Incapsula page too :S
Apr 18, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
Hystery said:
Serhiyko said:

I get the Incapsula page no matter what browser I use on my phone.

Same here with all browsers. I even cleared my cookies and got it before being able to login again.
Apr 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2008
Just a few moments ago I was experiencing the captcha page on firefox. the url for MAL was origin.myanimelist.net which is weird. I tried chrome and it had no problem. Clearing all cookies related to MAL in Firefox solved the problem for me.

Also check my website for weekly anime rankings of the newly released episodes: http://roanapurblog.com
Apr 18, 2014 2:05 PM
Feb 2012
Nope, clearing MAL only cookies doesn't help for me (Firefox). Still same shit in Chrome too.

This looks like some bad joke...

Captcha says it'll remember my answer but asks really for every page i try to go. Ridiculous.
Apr 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
Whatever update is screwing the users here is also blocking MAL Updater from working. It blocked MALU for me and forced me to enter a captcha when trying to access through the browser. It let me in, but it's still blocking MALU, and many are reporting the same problem.
Apr 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2012
Maguita said:
I´m getting the Incapsula page too :S
Apr 18, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2013
what the fuck is going on with MAL lately..

no mods

and this terrible "security check" keep popping when I open a new tab
Apr 18, 2014 9:06 PM
May 2007
Just decided to check the site to see if everything was OK because MAL Client wasn't working right. Ended up getting one of those security check pages before I could get to the site. I can see my lists in the app just fine, but I can't update anything. Guess I'll have to do it from here for now.
tigeress02Apr 18, 2014 9:15 PM
Apr 18, 2014 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
Having the same problem. Just a refresh and the Captcha is gone.

But the need to update my stuff by the website since MALU don't work is driving me insane =x
Apr 18, 2014 11:22 PM

Mar 2012
It looks like something is going on with Incapsula (the DDoS protection service used by MAL) so that the client whitelist isn't working. It's broken the API service for Atarashii! and many other applications. In addition, it seems to be triggering on more people. That's what that Captcha page is all about. Once you solve it, you should be okay until you close your browser.

I sent Xinil a message, but haven't heard back. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Developer, sysadmin, and anime addict.
Have an Android smartphone? Try Atarashii!
Apr 19, 2014 3:21 AM
Mar 2013
having the same problem here with the Incapsula things...
Apr 19, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2011
this constant captcha is starting to bug me is this gonna be fixed soon?
Apr 19, 2014 7:44 AM
Apr 2011
MAL please. Get this captcha shit out of here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 8:12 AM
May 2013
Really? The login problems are already bad enough and hasn't been fixed for months! Now we have this stupid captcha?!? LOL
Apr 19, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2011
I have the same captcha thing problem. I have tried with different devices and the message still appears. Can you fix it?
Apr 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
Bananaguy said:
Really? The login problems are already bad enough and hasn't been fixed for months! Now we have this stupid captcha?!? LOL

What's next? I vote for minigames: you have to win in order to bypass Incapsula, and the amount of points determines the time you will be able to use MAL before getting logged out.
Apr 19, 2014 9:03 AM

Sep 2010
And you'll be clickin' on banners in this game.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Apr 19, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
I hope this Incapsula thing is fixed soon...really annoying to have to type some passphrase 4 or 5 times just to update my list, or add a forum comment sighhhh
My Candies:
Apr 19, 2014 11:08 AM
May 2009
my 2ct.
If you want to to prevent bots, at least choose one captcha system, where there is not yet a known and workling algorithm, because it would be a moot point that only the user have to guess while the bots have no worries.

This captcha system can be read by the google street view algorithm, I even got the impression that the dev himself prefers to use it instead of "guessing".

Also, I did not ask you to distribute my user data to google. My browser works with a detailed whitelist. Ever seen what happens, if you don't let google watch every move on the forums and the lists? The whole site morphs into a tiny little one liner without any references to the orignal site or why someone should even allow some thrird party script to run.
Apr 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
No word from the mods yet? and captcha shit is still here.
There are so many problems that it wouldn't surprise me if the MAL stops working in the future.
Lucky me I already exported my anime list to anidb whatever happens to MAL on the future I would hate to lose my lists, just need to find somewhere to export my manga list to and probably will also make a back up list on my HDD just to be safe.
Apr 19, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Konzure said:
my 2ct.
This captcha system can be read by the google street view algorithm, I even got the impression that the dev himself prefers to use it instead of "guessing".

It's reCAPTCHA, which is managed by Google. They have "recently" introduced some changes on their side where less risky IPs get easier puzzles with numbers while other IPs will get harder-to-solve challenges.

If you don't like the system, contact Incapsula. MAL is just a customer and this isn't their system to modify as they like.

Konzure said:
my 2ct.
Ever seen what happens, if you don't let google watch every move on the forums and the lists? The whole site morphs into a tiny little one liner without any references to the orignal site or why someone should even allow some thrird party script to run.

That's the protection system by Incapsula. If they think the site is under attack or feel your IP is suspicious, they'll force a CAPTCHA before they allow the request through. It's not Google grabbing your information.
Apr 19, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
thank goodness I am not the only one having this problem. Hopefully it's fixable
Apr 19, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
Likely thanks to the security update, MALupdater doesn't work. So, since I couldn't update my manga from there, I went to the main site. Then, I had to put in a captcha code. Pretty irritating. If this kind of thing keeps happening, you'll likely lose a lot of members to the copycat sites.
Apr 20, 2014 2:32 AM
Jul 2008
Updating manually doesn't appear to be working for me. Even with the forced update signature under the profile. The image doesn't change on the forum where I have my MAL Signature. It seems to be updating fine on the site.
Apr 20, 2014 2:39 AM
May 2009
motokochan said:

It's reCAPTCHA, which is managed by Google. They have "recently" introduced some changes on their side where less risky IPs get easier puzzles with numbers while other IPs will get harder-to-solve challenges.

If you don't like the system, contact Incapsula. MAL is just a customer and this isn't their system to modify as they like.

In other words you want the customer to report to the one in charge? Well the fans here are customers to mal, and mal choose this system. What impact does a user have on incapsula, since we are just some bystanders? None.

Konzure said:
my 2ct.
Ever seen what happens, if you don't let google watch every move on the forums and the lists? The whole site morphs into a tiny little one liner without any references to the orignal site or why someone should even allow some thrird party script to run.

motokochan said:

That's the protection system by Incapsula. If they think the site is under attack or feel your IP is suspicious, they'll force a CAPTCHA before they allow the request through. It's not Google grabbing your information.

Ok yesterday I tested that theory. Since I'm on dynamic IP I tested the bahaviour while they got no traces of me (even though I have confidence in my Security I even used a fresh browser and one time a proxy from US, Japan and NL for that part), while they got my cookies but mal suffered another problem and kept logging me out, while I did a proper logout and finally the one and only time mal was actually able to keep me logged in. Maybe I didn't mention it before, but the "Sorry, we got a problem" is usually the first thing I see when I return to mal. And that part is not of incapsulas doing, the result is:

I always see the captcha.

It doesn't change even if I stay on my IP and reduce my own security policy to actually make do with what mal is right now. The sorry, we got a problem is a bug I ignore since 2012, and the reasan why I choose mal in the first place was the easy and dynamic signature - which is also dead since November 2013. Actually I begin to ask myself, why do I have to make do? Why can't they fix things that are broken before they try out something which causes more problems?

see here:
http://myanimelist.net/signature/Konzure.png

my so dynamic signature with totally not so acurate list. Did I mention that my history shows other data?
KonzureApr 20, 2014 2:44 AM
Apr 20, 2014 3:00 AM

Sep 2010
Konzure, old news. You go here and just simply click on "Update Signature" (you don't need to actually change anythin'). Voila! You signature updated (it takes from 0.5 to 3 minutes to change dependin' on... G-d knows what. Server traffic?).
But yeah, that's all pretty much stupid, sad & annoyin' - to the point I'm actually thinkin' about switchin' to an other similar site (Anime-Planet, I guess).

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Apr 20, 2014 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
Its weird, it only happens to me while I'm at work. I don't seem to have the captcha security popup bs from home.
My Candies:
Apr 20, 2014 5:18 AM
Dec 2012
How can I know WHY the friggin' incapsula considers me dangerous???
Apr 20, 2014 6:29 AM
May 2009
kitsune0 said:
Konzure, old news. You go here and just simply click on "Update Signature" (you don't need to actually change anythin'). Voila! You signature updated (it takes from 0.5 to 3 minutes to change dependin' on... G-d knows what. Server traffic?).
But yeah, that's all pretty much stupid, sad & annoyin' - to the point I'm actually thinkin' about switchin' to an other similar site (Anime-Planet, I guess).

Wow. That actually worked. I tried twice on another Topic and no one used to know that answer. One question remains: Why does someone need to click the button for an automated service which used to work for years? So that you have to choose either to keep your signature or keep an updated signature that you at least can use on other forums - but not here because that would be a security risk?
Apr 20, 2014 6:31 AM

Dec 2011
Iolo said:
Its weird, it only happens to me while I'm at work. I don't seem to have the captcha security popup bs from home.

Agreed. In my case, it only happens on my phone.
Apr 20, 2014 6:48 AM

Sep 2010
Konzure said:
I tried twice on another Topic and no one used to know that answer. One question remains: Why does someone need to click the button for an automated service which used to work for years? So that you have to choose either to keep your signature or keep an updated signature that you at least can use on other forums - but not here because that would be a security risk?
Well, I thought that by now everyone knows about that manual update thingy, but, oh, looks like there are still people who don't know.
As for your questions - lookin' from your previous posts, I think you've already know the sad answers. Yeah, that's all 'cause Crave treat MAL as some very small low-profitable busyness unworthy of any real hard work. That's why only a small number of people workin' on MAL, and it looks like even these people are not paid enough. It's not Xinil, Kineta or any other admins/mods fault - it's all Crave and only Crave.

Apr 20, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Hystery said:
Iolo said:

Agreed. In my case, it only happens on my phone.

I was curious so i tried it on my phone too, but it seems to be working fine. What kind of phone do you have? (iPhone Android ect)
My Candies:
Apr 20, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
HenryLeonheart said:
Just came here to inform that MAL Updater is now working (at least in my PC) so maybe they're already fixing the captcha problems.

MAL Updater is using a workaround that seems to be working for the time being. It's the same trick I'm using on the Atarashii API endpoints right now.
Apr 20, 2014 11:48 PM
Jul 2008
kitsune0 said:

My signature will change on a manual forced update - but then it doesn't update on other sites I use my signature.
Apr 21, 2014 2:47 AM

Sep 2010
Don't know about that, my sig on another site is appearin' all right, updated without any delay or problems. You better ask someone from admins/mods directly.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
3 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.