Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was good. That explains the intros on every episode. It makes sense now. What will Mereille do now that she knows who Kirika really is?
Dec 9, 2015 8:32 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode :)

So Kirika finally remembers her true past? Chloe's hair and eyes look menacing here compared to the past episodes. Even Kirika has the same eyes on the PV.

I have a feeling Kirika will be fighting Mireille soon.

Can't wait for the next episode! It gets interesting now :)
Aug 17, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
..........Bruh...

It was pretty depressing how Mirielle tried to help out her friend in taking the bad guys down and then she saw Kirika and Chloe completely outclassing her.

And then that satanic chanting was creepy as shit.

You can really sense the distance growing between Mirielle and Kirika in this episode, not just in skill but in their friendship as well.

Looking back, it's flat-out hilarious that Mirielle actually thought she could kill Kirika.

Oh, and that episode preview with Kirika's stone-cold eyes at the end (OH LAWD HAVE MERCY!)
Jan 17, 2017 11:16 PM

Jan 2016
Chloe is always there, isn't she? lol
Schoolgirl Kirika looks so happy back then
Aug 12, 2017 9:31 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
bmoore07 said:
You can really sense the distance growing between Mirielle and Kirika in this episode, not just in skill but in their friendship as well.

Well, Chloe is clearly more similiar to Kirita exspecially when it comes to killing.

Dec 30, 2018 11:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Big reveal here with the intro, but I hate how the animation got so terrible halfway through. Really bad art there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 21, 2023 1:03 PM
Dec 2013
Honestly, Noir might be the best-looking TV anime of the 2000s decade. It's traditional ink-and-paint anime at its peak, and it looks way better than the digital ink-and-paint anime of the 2000s decade, which has aged like milk visually because it's early days of the digital ink-and-paint anime. It's sad knowing that Noir was one of the last anime made in traditional ink-and-paint before they started making everything in digital ink-and-paint, which still has issues by having backgrounds being too clean and new looking, homes that don't look like they've been lived in, no signs of deterioration, etc, which traditional ink-and-paint excels at showing. I really do prefer the grainy look of 90s and early 2000s traditional ink-and-paint anime, where backgrounds look better, and nighttime and dark places look better.
wildhoodDec 15, 2023 6:55 AM
Jan 12, 1:15 AM
Aug 2007
Reply to wildhood
Honestly, Noir might be the best-looking TV anime of the 2000s decade. It's traditional ink-and-paint anime at its peak, and it looks way better than the digital ink-and-paint anime of the 2000s decade, which has aged like milk visually because it's early days of the digital ink-and-paint anime. It's sad knowing that Noir was one of the last anime made in traditional ink-and-paint before they started making everything in digital ink-and-paint, which still has issues by having backgrounds being too clean and new looking, homes that don't look like they've been lived in, no signs of deterioration, etc, which traditional ink-and-paint excels at showing. I really do prefer the grainy look of 90s and early 2000s traditional ink-and-paint anime, where backgrounds look better, and nighttime and dark places look better.
@wildhood The art and animation in Noir is a lot better than people give credit for. I agree with the backgrounds today, it's too technically correct and clean which gives it a lack of soul. I think what Noir does in backgrounds can be done digitally but everyone in the anime industry seems to be either pressed for time to put texture or broken pieces or been influenced to make perfectly clean Shinkai-esque BGs. I've done digital backgrounds inspired by Noir that are more dirty and older looking so I'm sure it's possible.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noir Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 19, 2010

31 by zettai-jin95 »»
Apr 28, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 13 Discussion

ApolloFC - Apr 8, 2010

21 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Apr 7, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 20 Discussion

barelyalive - Sep 11, 2011

15 by wildhood »»
Mar 31, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kucai82 - Apr 14, 2009

75 by Ibrahim-Overseer »»
Jan 22, 2:41 AM

» What kind of music is used in Noir?

LadyMal - Nov 15, 2020

7 by Phobossus »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.