Forum Settings
Forums

New OVA Announced for 'Kill Me Baby' to Go With Best Album CD Due Oct 16, 2013

New
Aug 10, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
According to the official anime Twitter, anime "Kill Me Baby" will have an OVA released bundled with the Best Album CD to be released on October 16th. The OVA is titled "Butsuzou Kegatte Nise Halloween", will contain 8 previously unanimated stories from the manga, and will last 27 minutes.

PV can be seen at the official anime website: http://killmebaby.tv/

Source: Official Anime Twitter

Kill Me Baby OVA on MAL
NaruleachAug 10, 2013 11:17 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 10, 2013 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Also a boxset was announced, still how did this get an OVA when it sold dismally.

Aug 10, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2012
This is great news to me as only 2 days ago I was talking about how this anime series got so little sales but yet so loved by many people who find it strangely mesmerizing ( http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=644447&show=120#msg24174649 ).

And I don't think I've heard of OVA bundled with a CD album. From the way they market the hybrid product, clearly it is billed as a CD first DVD second item. This is interesting -- just like OAD is made to push manga/LN sales, so now we have OAD made to push CD sales!

Hoppy said:
Also a boxset was announced, still how did this get an OVA when it sold dismally.
Not sure, but there is a movement to revive the anime that has been going on quite a while.... There is also a stream of merchandise still coming out from time to time, with the latest being 40 different mobile phone covers from the franchise.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kingkong-shop/ha16-a/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kingkong-shop/ha16-b-02/
symbvAug 10, 2013 9:51 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 10, 2013 9:48 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
This is great news to me as only 2 days ago I was talking about how this anime series got so little sales but yet so loved by many people who find it strangely mesmerizing ( http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=644447&show=120#msg24174649 ).

And I don't think I've heard of OVA bundled with a CD album. By how they market the hybrid product, clearly it is billed as a CD first DVD second item. This is interesting -- just like OAD is made to push manga/LN sales, so now we have OAD made to push CD sales!

Hoppy said:
Not sure, but there is a movement to revive the anime that has been going on quite a while.... There is also a stream of merchandise still coming out from time to time, with the latest being 50 different mobile phone covers from the franchise.

This anime has a cult following, interesting, if the CD sales are great, a second season may happen, it wouldn't be the first time this would happen.

Aug 10, 2013 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
First GJ-bu gets something, now Kill Me Baby, this is a glorious week!
Aug 10, 2013 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
Kill Me Baby was very quirky. Looking forward to the OVA.

Aug 10, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
Guess I'll need to watch the original series before deciding to watch this~
Aug 10, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
thanks but no thanks
Aug 10, 2013 11:22 AM
Aug 2011
This series was painful for me but hey if this gets an OVA a year+ later then anything's possible.
Aug 10, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
Not going to lie, I am surprised since I heard KMB didn't do well in sells.
Aug 10, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Unit-01 said:
Not going to lie, I am surprised since I heard KMB didn't do well in sells.
KMB is quite a unique work in that it sold really bad (<1k) but yet is very well remembered. News about it like those merchandise sales get widespread attention in anime sites and forums in Japan, for example.

Aug 10, 2013 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
Just saw an episode of this on the TV...I must say it's pretty hilarious but not that great...Anyway it's not my type of anime...
Aug 12, 2013 2:09 AM

Sep 2012
The CD is now ranked #17 in Amazon CD ranking. Very good start !!

However since it is grouped under CD category in Amazon, we will not able to see how many it is forecast to sell in Stalker....

Aug 12, 2013 8:42 PM
Dec 2012
Surprised it got an OVA.
Oh well guess more kill me baby :)
Sep 12, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
TV CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pWUpoTJDL-o

CD cover design

http://killmebaby.tv/goods.html
symbvSep 12, 2013 8:38 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
36 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.