Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Hall of Judgement.

Balrog Lune opens your heart and soul, unveiling,and making you relive, your sins from birth to death.

But isn't playing God a sin? An interesting ep!
Oct 23, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2008
Yes, he is ^_^: (and Saga)
Jan 24, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
I am happy they did pull a bullshit like Shun being too pure etc.

So Mu and the other were only fighting with one tenth of their strength? I guess at least that helps making that fight not look like the gold saints were shit.
By the way that move Kanon puled with the whip. WTF was that. Op shit right there moving and eating the person too. Fuck galaxian explosion or whatever, that what he should use from now on. He ate that guy alive.
May 31, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2012
Kanon just admit it, the barrier didn't do anything to Mu and the others your just 10x stronger than them. Ahh, I was so hyped for that fight then Pandora had to butt in.
Mar 24, 2016 6:38 PM

May 2009
LOL So being a curious kid( killing bugs, pulling flowers, and breaking someone's window with your baseball etc.) is considered a sin? Seiya was quite a menace lol
So Hades looks like Shun? That's quite interesting.
Finally, what the heck Shiryuu?! Now you're eyes are working?!
Jan 8, 2019 3:47 PM

Jun 2016
Quite an interesting episode. Shun looks like Hades in some way, Pandora and Rene thought so. It made striking what looked like Hades presumably lost body from what the delusion said something quite fearsome to do. It definitely gives Shun a more central role in the story and that's something I'm grateful of, this episode was already a great one for him. I must say though, at first I thought Ikki had mind crushed Rene!

This is the prime Saint Seiya I really love, or it at least touched on it. Rene brings up a very valid question, something Shun has dealt with forever, something Asgard brought up in a very similar scene with his fight against Mime, if war is perpetual, if he always has to hurt others by even existing, why fight... Can "justice" really justify hurting and killing others? We see time and time again different kinds of justice in Saint Seiya.

Shun responded by saying something similar to what Kanon did later but in a much different light, he said that he would gladly atone for all those he has harmed and killed. For, Shun tries so hard not to kill others. If he can get by not hurting them he even does that, earlier with Charon is a great example. But he can't, and Shun responds by saying even the gentlest person ends up harming, killing, feeling hatred, holding grudges. This is something NOBODY WANTS TO DO, Saint Seiya makes this clear in how the saints and their enemies have so much respect for each other even after their battles. However, this is how life is. So to claim these are sins is to claim life itself is evil.

I think Shun holds a great point, to paraphrase Ikki from Asgard, no matter how meaningless our cruel actions feel, no matter if they are but a drop in the ocean, those drops of hope would cease to exist if we didn't fight. If non action means innocents have to be killed then action, no matter how cruel, has to be done. And to hold someone accountable for it is fine, Kanon and Shun are ready to atone, nobody likes killing others(well maybe Death Mask), but it's a better focus to look at the system itself. If humans are simply doing what they must then maybe life itself is the thing we should look at. Well either way I hope we get more on this topic and I hope it leads to develop Shun. For now, Ikki and Kanon both put it as no matter how hopeless it seems, no matter how much it seems we have to hurt others we ought to for the chance of preserving the good, for hope, for love or for innocents. "To atone for your sins only after all evil is banished". It's kind of like accepting that things are grim and things can feel hopeless but never giving up hope, for what else is there to go on? Even entering the Underworld had to do with holding onto hope even when the world you are in orders you to abandon it. ;)

Something quite interesting too is that Rene admired the pure hearts of Seiya and Shun and he compared Shun to Hades himself. Shun is the kindest and most compassionate character in SS! This on top of the likable Charon lead me to think Hades might not be such a bad guy. His men are certainly not!

Lastly, we finally got to see how a Gold Saint fares against a judge on fair terms and it seemed that Kanon had the win until he was interrupted and had to guard himself! Kanon has come a long way, I love how renowned he is! I know it's not a title he's proud of but "the man who once fooled God" is such a cool title!

narulovesramen said:
LOL So being a curious kid( killing bugs, pulling flowers, and breaking someone's window with your baseball etc.) is considered a sin? Seiya was quite a menace lol

I laughed quite hard too! It was such an innocent childhood, but since you fought unnecessarily and killed bugs and broke vases GO TO HELL!!! Luckily the much deeper sins they took part it made up for that.
Jan 8, 2019 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
I'm so glad there's activity within the Hades series.

Haha, with these Gods, one slip up can provoke them. They are really full of themselves. As for Shun, he is a boy with good intentions but fights for what's right. It's a bit connected to Hades's personality (same thing with LC's Alone). Eris, Lucifer, and Mars are the cruel ones.
Jan 8, 2019 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
what the heck Shiryû?! Now your eyes are working?!

Well, he's in another dimension, one made for souls moreover. Of course, the same goes for Hyôga.

@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs The stand-in for Minos is called Barron/Balron (Balrog?) "Rune", René comes from some latin etymology Teshirogi came up with in her "fan-fiction" of a manga.
A pure villain would have never created a dimension to capt the souls of the dead and award them for their life (or punish them). ;)

@shakeyourpup45 About the voices, we still have some scenes played by them like the Wall of Lamentations thanks to the 90s Hades OST. ^^
What do you mean by sluggish? Slow? (I found the anime slow only because it was produced over two periods.
Rei_IIIJan 9, 2019 12:00 AM
Dec 10, 2022 7:28 AM

Apr 2016
Rowdy kids go to hell on the other hand, Shun got into an existential crisis.
Feb 9, 2023 4:55 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I LOVED THE JUDGE GUY !!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 10 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 7, 2014

3 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 5 Discussion

Monad - Feb 3, 2014

6 by m3ccaryn »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2014

6 by kratos_aurion »»
May 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 12 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

5 by Safrichh »»
Feb 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 7 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 3, 2014

5 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.