Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Asu no Yoichi! Episode 2 Discussion


#1
Jan 15, 2009 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 499
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyaaah!~~~ <3

I want to adapt Kagome <3 XD
and Ayame's dere dere side is sweet <3

Nice episode and still following the manga. :D
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
 
#2
Jan 16, 2009 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 630
Mann Ep2 was greaaat.

I have a feeling that this is gonna be the best one from this season... All others were kinda disappointing, but this is..!!
Love the characters, love the style of comedy, love the art style. GOOD!!

oh and yess tsunderes are WIN. :D

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
 
#3
Jan 16, 2009 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7
i really love ep. 2 and cant wait 3
really good anime
 
#4
Jan 17, 2009 2:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4229
I was laughing my ass off for this one. I like the rival dude, Washizu or whatever.
 
#5
Jan 17, 2009 2:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 690
ayame=win :)
 
#6
Jan 17, 2009 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1067
entertaining enough, will continue on to ep 3. likely seeing this one being dropped before it ends
 
#7
Jan 17, 2009 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1081
Liked it. The cute loli can cook better than her tsundere sister? Well, it's an anime after all. As long as that tsundere sister stops bitching about her older sister, I'm sure that I'll like this show.
 
#8
Jan 17, 2009 5:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 475
When watching the Anime, I finally realize why I like Washizu so much, he really reminds me of Harima Kenji, which is a good thing. ^^
 
#9
Jan 17, 2009 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 198
mflatischler said:

I want to adapt Kagome <3 XD



Haha, I feel the exact same way xD She's so cute =D

kimatg said:
Mann Ep2 was greaaat.

I have a feeling that this is gonna be the best one from this season... All others were kinda disappointing, but this is..!!
Love the characters, love the style of comedy, love the art style. GOOD!!

oh and yess tsunderes are WIN. :D


I agree. This show definitely highlights the new season so far =D

 
Jan 17, 2009 6:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 9
Ayame is an instant favourite. Along with the youngest girl (forgot her name)

Spade said:
When watching the Anime, I finally realize why I like Washizu so much, he really reminds me of Harima Kenji, which is a good thing. ^^

I thought exactly the same! This show seems like a mixture between zero no tsukaima and school rumble.
 
Jan 17, 2009 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 107
Kagome and Ayame are win~
The show is still following the manga nicely, and the animation quality hasn't dipped down yet, which I hope it never does.

Can't wait for Tsubasa next episode.
 
Jan 17, 2009 7:21 AM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2753
Awesome :3
I hope its will keep the same standards in animation/music/story till the end
 
Jan 17, 2009 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
I really love this show! It's nothing revolutionary or ground-breaking but it's funny, silly and cute. Reminds me of ZnT from the better days.
Spade said:
I like Washizu so much, he really reminds me of Harima Kenji, which is a good thing. ^^
QFT
aaronluis26 said:
mflatischler said:

I want to adapt Kagome <3 XD


Haha, I feel the exact same way xD She's so cute =D
Looks like we'll have to fight for her XD

So far, best of season (along with RideBack, although there's only 1 ep from that one)
 
Jan 17, 2009 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
Well this episode wasn't bad. By the numbers, and a little funny, but not bad.
Also, I don't normally notice things like this, but...

The animation quality clearly dropped.
 
Jan 17, 2009 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3413
I personally am enjoying this anime right now. As stated by Kvakond, it has a ZnT feel, another anime I enjoyed. As for the episode, it was great. I loved how they kept giving Washizu's thought process. Our gullible hero seems to find himself plenty of "wrong place at the wrong time" situations which usually end up being pretty funny, and it only took him till episode 2 to break the tsundere lol. Anyways, looking forward to more episodes.

4/5 for the episode.
 
Jan 17, 2009 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 310
This is like ZnT and Love Hina mixed around in a blender. Ibuki (I think that's her name, anyway) is EXACTLY like Naru from Love Hina, and I can't tell whether Yoichi is more like Keitaro or Saito (I think he's considerably less perverted than the latter though).

Honestly, it's fun to watch, so I'll stop making fun of it. 8/10 so far.
 
Jan 17, 2009 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 112
His haiku's are the best.


 
Jan 17, 2009 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 688
jujubeeza said:
Kagome and Ayame are win~
The show is still following the manga nicely, and the animation quality hasn't dipped down yet, which I hope it never does.

Can't wait for Tsubasa next episode.


agreed. since a lot of people are fighting over kagome, i'll take ayame home. lulz.


 
Jan 17, 2009 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1156
It was a decent episode, didn't expect Ayami to fall for him so quickly.

Yoichi sure was getting the girls in his class quickly though, despite being dressed up awkwardly. Damn Ibuki for pulling him away. =P
 
Jan 17, 2009 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 184
Hahaha, this episode made me laugh. I feel bad for Ayame though. Can;y wait for the next ep.
Factor said:
Yoichi sure was getting the girls in his class quickly though, despite being dressed up awkwardly.

But isnt that always the case in animes? :P

Hahaha, soo kawaii~

You know, when she smiled, she made the same noise that Botan(pig from Clannad) makes. Puhii~
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

 
Jan 17, 2009 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 659
Ayame is my fav. The anime is following the manga quite well :]
Chihaya is so perverted in the manga. I can't wait to see how she turns out in the anime.
And then Kagome
 
Jan 17, 2009 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3017
Nice episode :3, so he acquainted himself with Ayame, nice, Kagome is so cute xD! End scene seems interesting enough.
 
Jan 17, 2009 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 475
Factor said:
didn't expect Ayami to fall for him so quickly.


I remember the Manga surprised me in that regard as well, it progresses really fast. At the end of this episode, two potential antagonists appeared, which is quite early. You'd expect more focus on the 4 main girls for now but they already bring in new characters. That's also one of the things I like about this series, it doesn't drag on for too long.
 
Jan 17, 2009 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 190
It doesn't seem like it'll be an anime with outstanding character development or an amazing storyline. It looks more like your typical comedy/romance "one guy, many girls" harem show with lots of the traditional molds. Meh, might be interesting enough to pass the time; I'm not expecting too much from this one.
 
Jan 17, 2009 4:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 151
The manga is awesome and i'm kinda disapointed their not gonna show chihaya's pervyness on episode 3.
 
Jan 17, 2009 4:28 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12451
Decent episode, I liked it. Washizu vision ftw.

Nice shots, Lunatic-kr!

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Jan 17, 2009 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3996
Good Episode. It made me even laugh.
Lunatic-kr said:

You know, when she smiled, she made the same noise that Botan(pig from Clannad) makes. Puhii~

She's my fav character :D
 
Jan 17, 2009 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 374
This has a Love Hina feel to it for mine. Great episode, can't wait for more.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

 
Jan 17, 2009 5:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 665
This anime is turning out better than I thought. Not as much fanservice as I was expecting, which is good, really good.

I agree about the Washizu = Harima Kenji thing. Him and his visions are so funny.
 
Jan 17, 2009 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 479
Lunatic-kr said:
Hahaha, this episode made me laugh. I feel bad for Ayame though. Can;y wait for the next ep.
Factor said:
Yoichi sure was getting the girls in his class quickly though, despite being dressed up awkwardly.

But isnt that always the case in animes? :P


anime pimps got it like that


 
Jan 17, 2009 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 119
kimatg said:
oh and yess tsunderes are WIN. :D


seconded.
 
Jan 17, 2009 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2643
Still as funny as the manga! Cant wait to see Washizu and Ayame's misunderstandings later on XD.
 
Jan 17, 2009 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 72
Firstly, this episode followed the manga pretty closely...
So that is an A+++.
Washizu's knife was changed into a knuckle, which was stupid looking but, I can see why they changed it (obvious reasons...).
But everything else was good, the fight was good even with that minor change too.

Nevertheless I personally Loved this episode much more then the first episode, which didn't follow the character introduction.
 
Jan 18, 2009 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5241
Funny episode.I enjoyed it a lot, it looks like it gonna one of the best anime this season.
 
Jan 18, 2009 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 180
AWESOME O_O the fight scenes are quite awesome
 
Jan 18, 2009 4:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 281
noteDhero said:

Also, I don't normally notice things like this, but...

The animation quality clearly dropped.

I don't see the problem? Can you tell me what is bad about it?


Washizu vision is indeed the best haha the guy is quite delusional.
Interesting enough episode, new characters, the usual sister jealousy plot.
But one of the more interesting animes this season imo


MAL list updates
 
Jan 18, 2009 7:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1069
Second episode was way better than the first one. And I laughed to the ecchi parts so hard XDDD

"Schools in a city are so different from the schools on mountains..." ♥

I can't wait for the next episode ! : D


 
Jan 18, 2009 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
Stjeppe said:
noteDhero said:

Also, I don't normally notice things like this, but...

The animation quality clearly dropped.

I don't see the problem? Can you tell me what is bad about it?


Washizu vision is indeed the best haha the guy is quite delusional.
Interesting enough episode, new characters, the usual sister jealousy plot.
But one of the more interesting animes this season imo


The arm is just sticking out of the shirt instead of drawing the arm through the sleeve and touching the chin. I thought it was purposeful at first, but it was clear that they just reused cells and stuck an arm there.
 
Jan 18, 2009 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 475
noteDhero said:
The arm is just sticking out of the shirt instead of drawing the arm through the sleeve and touching the chin. I thought it was purposeful at first, but it was clear that they just reused cells and stuck an arm there.


I'd say you think too much. "Animation clearly dropped" because of this one particular scene is a bit too much...
 
Jan 18, 2009 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
Well, I said that I don't catch things normally, this just stood out because this little exchange was rather long. The show isn't even really animated much at all, but they just used a little shortcut here.
 
Jan 18, 2009 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 353
aww, tsundere ayame is so cute. =D

Grmo said:
This is like ZnT and Love Hina mixed around in a blender. Ibuki (I think that's her name, anyway) is EXACTLY like Naru from Love Hina, and I can't tell whether Yoichi is more like Keitaro or Saito (I think he's considerably less perverted than the latter though).


yeah, i was thinking the same. a lot like love hina, except yoichi's much better than Keitaro. Plus, Kagome reminds me a lot of a younger Shinobu.
 
Jan 18, 2009 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1620
I really liked the pacing and humor in this episode.

rabbitpoets said:
aww, tsundere ayame is so cute. =D

Grmo said:
This is like ZnT and Love Hina mixed around in a blender. Ibuki (I think that's her name, anyway) is EXACTLY like Naru from Love Hina, and I can't tell whether Yoichi is more like Keitaro or Saito (I think he's considerably less perverted than the latter though).


yeah, i was thinking the same. a lot like love hina, except yoichi's much better than Keitaro. Plus, Kagome reminds me a lot of a younger Shinobu.


To be honest, I had a few moments in this anime that I was thinking of Love Hina as well. Yoichi is a pervert against will as well, get's beat up by Ibuki (Naru...?) a lot, Ayame reminds me of Motoko and Kagome is obviously a younger version of Shinobu.

I'm just wondering what kind of character Chihaya will turn out to be. Will she be perverted like Kitsune or more like Su...

Ayame was really moe in this episode by the way...Tsundere ftw ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
 
Jan 18, 2009 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 193
Totally traditional harem anime, I loved this ep. ^_^
 
Jan 18, 2009 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1860
aaah ♥Ibuki♥chan♥ ... no wait ♥Ayame♥chan♥ .... no no wait ... aaah... AAAH IM IN DESPAIR O_O

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
 
Jan 19, 2009 12:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 113
This is funny like skip beat. Great episode! Damn I wanna see the next episode. Don't you guys think Washizu or whatever his name is reminds you of Harima because of his vision?
 
Jan 19, 2009 2:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1391
Well its funny so its worth the watch...I guess
 
Jan 19, 2009 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 490
such a great episode :D some action some echi and some humor :D i am looking forward for Ep3 :)
 
Jan 19, 2009 6:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 552
This anime is one of the top of this season. Love it!
 
Jan 19, 2009 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 34
Great episode, this is certainly turning out better than i was expecting.
 
Jan 19, 2009 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3007
I don't really like any of the girls but I didn't mind this episode =)
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »