Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2013
I hope so. Based on the ending and the "part one" thing, it's possible.
Jul 23, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
bastek66 said:
Klonoa79H said:
Probably not, due to stupid fans.

No, it's due to being shit.

You pretty much just proved what they were trying to say. It was people like you who kept constantly shitting on this show that led to it's downfall.
If there wasn't such a huge outlash, more people wouldn't have turned away from Aku no Hana without even watching it.
Jul 23, 2013 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
Durbikins said:
bastek66 said:
Klonoa79H said:
Probably not, due to stupid fans.

No, it's due to being shit.

You pretty much just proved what they were trying to say. It was people like you who kept constantly shitting on this show that led to it's downfall.
If there wasn't such a huge outlash, more people wouldn't have turned away from Aku no Hana without even watching it.

People outlashing here doesn't mean shit for Aku no Hana, it's the people in Japan generally that doesn't like the thing to begin with and they're the ones who have significant effect in Japan's anime production, not some randoms in an english forum.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 24, 2013 2:49 AM
Jun 2013
kaimax said:
not some randoms in an english forum.

Well, its not just "some english forum".
Jul 24, 2013 4:17 AM

Jan 2008
Yakub said:
They don't decide it based on quality. Besides, it was critically acclaimed.

Uhm... no, no it wasn't. ANN doesn't count for Japanese sales. There are TONS of shows that end with "part 1 complete" or "the adventure will continue" and are never heard from again. The only sure fire way to know is when they actually announce it in the final episode, like say, Data A Live (it said "second season confirmed in the last episode).
Jan 29, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 2014
I wanna see a second season myself, but I hate the rotoscope syle....
I wish they would change to a different art syle for the 2nd half T~T

not that I know if and when a second season will come out, it's just a thought I had. e_e
Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?
-Spike Spiegel-
Jan 29, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
Yes, with all the rotoscope!

At least that show tried something different, and didn't play the save card like all the other school anime.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2011
Orsonius said:

At least that show tried something different, and didn't play the save card like all the other school anime.

If they wanted to do something different, they should've done it properly. All they've achieved from trying to rotoscope Aku no Hana is pry other studios away from rotoscoping.

P.S. Apparently, Hana is an English word. You learn something new everyday.
Jan 29, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
Is there even going to be one?
Jan 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
Orsonius said:

If they wanted to do something different, they should've done it properly. All they've achieved from trying to rotoscope Aku no Hana is pry other studios away from rotoscoping.

P.S. Apparently, Hana is an English word. You learn something new everyday.

Well only the bold or brave can make unique things.
Most studios probably shy away from making anything like School Days again because so many people hate it. And yet it was unique in its own right.
AversaJan 31, 2014 1:36 PM
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 29, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
Why does everyone hate the art style? It honestly isn't bad.
получить деньги моего друга
Jan 29, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
Im happy that it sold terribly.
It was a terrible idea to rotoscope it.
Jan 29, 2014 11:59 AM
Jan 2013
samishime said:

I've heard it's pretty shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
Aku no Hana is actually a competent psychodrama, but the rotoscope decision was, at the very least, absurd. It had to make the characters look natural and instead they looked even more alien to their scenario, lacking detail and shading, and don't make me talk about the animation and its constant slow-motion mode. As yhunata says, if you are not going to do it properly, don't do it. Because it ended up being counterproductive.
Jan 29, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2012
Hulmy said:
samishime said:

I've heard it's pretty shit.

Well, watch it and decide for yourself then. I personally felt it added to the atmosphere the show was trying to pull off. I'm glad it was done, even if people dislike it; however, it's just silly to pass off the entire show if you think the art style is "shit".
получить деньги моего друга
Jan 29, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
is it actually getting a second season or is this just hypothetical??

OT: yes would watch a second season easily, the animation and art wasn't great but i got used to it, it actually made the atmosphere and mood of the show quite moody, and depressing which is what i think they were going for? maybe just me but i don't have that much of an issue with it, and i thought the story and characters and music were done quite well!
Jan 29, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2010
Thread merged

Thread "Are you looking forward to 2nd season of Aku no Hana?" merged with thread "Second season".
Jan 31, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
randompadley said:
is it actually getting a second season or is this just hypothetical??

As for the art style I didn't think it waz bad.. it waz just not what I'm used too seein, but the backgrounds looked so good and realistic that it made the characters look lazy/out of place like they needed more detail or something =/ *shrugs*
-Spike Spiegel-
Feb 2, 2014 10:26 AM
Sep 2008
Just wanted to take a second to show some support for the art style. I was introduced to rotoscoping through Richard Linklater's films Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly and have been a huge fan of the technique ever since. I remember seeing the thumbnail for Flowers of Evil on Crunchyroll for the first time and recognizing that it was rotoscoped--this fact alone made me want to check it out. And I can't express how thankful I am that I did. I have been a fan of anime since I was in elementary school (almost 25 now) and I can say without reservation that Flowers of Evil is my favorite series I've experienced to date. In the nearly 20 years I've been watching anime, I have never seen anything like it. Its atmosphere (thanks in part to its superb soundtrack and appropriate pacing), its jarring and disconcerting realism, and its constant and oppressive sense of tension/anxiety make it wholly unique. In my opinion, the choice to rotoscope this series was the icing on top of the depraved cake that is Flowers of Evil. I for one genuinely hope that second season is produced!
Feb 10, 2014 9:44 AM
Apr 2011
Aku no Hana had the potential to be a cult hit but thanks to the director's selfishness you guys will never see Tokiwa Aya.
Feb 10, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
ravagestorm said:
Aku no Hana had the potential to be a cult hit but thanks to the director's selfishness you guys will never see Tokiwa Aya.

(._.) ^so it is confirmed that there wont be a season 2 for Aku no Hana??!!
-Spike Spiegel-
Feb 10, 2014 10:33 PM

Oct 2013
There's so much I want to say, so I'll try to keep it short. Hopefully.

It seems there's some misconception here. First of all, rape is rape either way. Regardless of gender, if it's not willing it's rape.

More on topic though...

The show itself is overall just as good as I hoped it to be, aside from the different animation style. Now that's not me bashing the rotoscoping style of the show. I honestly feel that it fit rather well with the overall tone/concept of Aku No Hana.

It's also imho that the director made the show the way it is for a reason. The show itself coming out was a surprise to me actually. My thinking here would be that this was to help promote the manga more or less. The rotoscoping I feel was them taking a new approach to how things tend to be done. Again I feel that this worked out with the overall tone of the show.

This anime is highly unlikely to see much revenue within japan based on it's genre alone. Sadly the overall population would tend to prefer anime like K-on coming out than something like this. That and the fact that it's not all super high quality with some dunce running around with boobs in his face.

Now, I do think there's a chance of another season coming out even if it is/does sell like crap. The first season probably wasn't high budget anyway, but it still came out . I can see another season within two (maybe three) years.

If you don't want to risk the wait, the manga's there waiting for you to read it. Please by all means do so. For a psychological drama, this is one of the better ones I've read.
7thVoidFeb 10, 2014 10:37 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

325 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.