Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 26, 2013 3:28 PM
Jun 2013
I know there's already a "game" coming out, but that one is basically a visual novel. I was thinking that instead of the plot being focused on Eren, Mikasa, and the gang. You make your own character(or the author would make an original character) who has a different, but important role in the story. For example, your character could have saved some important characters(or contributed to something important) off screen during the anime/manga's story. Game play would be 3rd person and I'm still not too sure how button layout would work(I'm not going to think too hard about this since it most likely won't be made.) What do you guys think? Also what would you guys want in a AoT/SnK game?
Jun 26, 2013 3:30 PM

Jun 2012
Why?
Why SnK above any other Manga.
Jun 26, 2013 3:33 PM
Jun 2013
It's just a hypothetical question. Just have fun with it...
Jun 26, 2013 3:34 PM

Dec 2012
The game would be dumb as fuck
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jun 26, 2013 3:36 PM
Jun 26, 2013 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
Id say thats dumb but somehow gantz of all things got a game so its probably not super unlikley, though its super likely that it will suck

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 26, 2013 3:57 PM

Aug 2010
Well, a game that is focused around playing as a medieval Spider-Man and murder several meter tall titans sounds like fun.
Jun 26, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Id say thats dumb but somehow gantz of all things got a game so its probably not super unlikley, though its super likely that it will suck

That gantz game was shit.

If they make a SnK game in the future with something like the Naruto ultimate ninja series I will definitely buy it.
Jun 26, 2013 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
SagaraYuzuru said:
Well, a game that is focused around playing as a medieval Spider-Man and murder several meter tall titans sounds like fun.
You wouldnt be saying that if you played really any of the spider man games(spiderman 2 excluded)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 26, 2013 4:06 PM
Sep 2012
Woudn't work.
3D gear would need either fixed pinnpoints, which would make it a crappy game like some ubisoft adaptation, or random points, like some crappy spiderman game,
Or you can choose where to pin tour gear exactly, which is impossible, at leat
With titans on your ass
Jun 26, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SagaraYuzuru said:
You wouldnt be saying that if you played really any of the spider man games(spiderman 2 excluded)

Well, that's the ONLY spider-man game I've ever played in my life.
Jun 26, 2013 5:35 PM

Apr 2007
There's already one TRUE badass "attack on titans" game, Im pretty sure you know what it is

so yes theres a possiblity that an SNK game would be good if its done right
Jun 26, 2013 8:54 PM

Nov 2012
of course I will play it! XD
Jun 26, 2013 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
Because Japanese games are quality products.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 27, 2013 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
My ideal SnK game would be Mirror's Edge meets 3d maneuver gear. First person parkour with crazy Spider Man swinging? Yespls
Jun 27, 2013 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
i never playded the spiderman game but maybe the 3D gear movements would be like that
Jun 27, 2013 6:52 AM
Dec 2012
antonn said:

?
Oh.....WOW
Jun 27, 2013 10:50 AM

May 2013
There's a fan made one :p

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
Please check out my Anime/ Gaming/ Tech YouTube channel. Deets in my profile :)
Jun 27, 2013 10:50 AM
Feb 2012
I'd play it.

Now the real question is- what would be if unicorns existed?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 27, 2013 10:53 AM

Jun 2011
that would be awesome if it was survival online game against Titans waves :P
Jun 27, 2013 11:13 AM
May 2013
Maybe some sort of mobile tower defense game would work but anything else not really?
Jun 28, 2013 12:16 AM

Apr 2007
Shadow of the Colossus... enough said
Jun 28, 2013 12:33 AM

Sep 2012
Anime games are generally low budget games, often games are usually arcade/fighting because they are easy to make without fucking it up or investing too much money into it. Also sale rates outside Japan aren't too impressive. There's a few good Anime games/RPGs out there but with a low sale rate outside Japan. As a result of this, I don't see there would be a quality game of SnK, perhaps a 3D beat'em up or fighting game, but it gets old really fast and don't think it has the potential being a better fighting game such as SF4 or BlazeBlue.
Jun 28, 2013 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
Because if you played an AoT game where you ran around slaying Titans left and right then it'd severely detract from the whole "mankind vs. an overwhelming force."
You'd either have to treat it like a horror game where encounters with Titans were scarce, high tension moments or, and this seems much more likely, make a Kinect [or your choice of motion control] game that focuses on 3D Maneuver Gear action.

As for the former however, it'd be hard to craft believable objectives and exciting gameplay without relying on a lot of Titan action [which, again, would trivialize Titan encounters] that didn't just involve a lot of swinging from point A to point B, which would eventually grow tedious. The main problem of the premise is that there are no enemies, that aren't Titans, to provide opposition between objectives [and it's imperative that Titans not be demoted to grunts].

I suppose, however, that you could make a game that chronicles a[n unrelated to the main cast] rookie's rise from fresh blood to self sufficient squad leader and Titan-slayer while showing his [survival] experiences along the way. It's a believable metamorphosis, as there are actually a few badasses aside from Levi and Mikasa, and it leaves plenty of room for an interesting story and compelling character growth; and, so long as you don't start him [or her] out slaying Titans left and right, then it wouldn't trivialize or cheapen the confrontations that do occur.

[an example of a beginning mission would be to set an objective, like helping another squad with resupplying or extraction, and throw the Titans in as a dangerous obstacle to be avoided at all costs; later, after you've spent a few missions establishing human beings as not invincible and building up the Titans as something to exercise extreme caution of, he could be assigned to do something a little more "head on." That would pack a punch; a little proper pacing and priming can go a long way]

So yeah, after typing this out [and changing my own mind as I did so], I suppose that it'd be feasible.
StickyWizardSep 1, 2013 11:29 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Nov 19, 2013 2:20 AM
Nov 2013
Shingeki JRA interactive game: http://shingeki-jra.jp/
Nov 19, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
hlyssrzl said:
Shingeki JRA interactive game: http://shingeki-jra.jp/

This is awesome!

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.