Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2013 8:23 AM

May 2013
Here I am scrolling across the interwebs to come across the news that my favorite music artiste called their daughter, North West. I can't say I didn't expect much more from a mind like him but it left me thinking about something.

Just what is my concept of "Family"?
So, the question to you MALers and subsequent trollers, what is your concept of family?

Is it just your mother, father and siblings or is it something more?
Do you value your family and your values?
Is it important for you to be close to them and have togetherness?
Will you carry these values over to your children? (provided you even want children which you can include)

Just a little thing to start off the discussion.

You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 21, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2013
Yeah, family is just mother, father and a sibling for me. I live far away from most of my relatives so not much bonds there. Nor do I have very close friends.
I do value my family and their values. But I have differing opinions on many.
Important for me to be close to them? I guess so. But mainly my mother.
I am not in a position to answer the last question yet.
Forever lost.
Jun 21, 2013 8:34 AM

Mar 2011
A group of people I don't want to be around.
Jun 21, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2011
I'm a sociopath, so wouldn't really care if my whole family died in a car accident.
Do I still think it's important to value family? Undoubtedly. I do owe something to my parents whether I like it or not. I'd also be protective of my family if something were to happen.
Jun 21, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Me, lil sis, mom, dad.

All we do in my family is shout at each other though I think we care deep inside. Everybody's too shy to act a bit more cheesy.
Jun 21, 2013 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
Me. My two sisters and mom.
They fail to understand a lot. Me and my mom don't get along at all.
Jun 21, 2013 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
People i burned bridges with years ago and only call every now and then. Oh yeah, i send cards for birthdays and x-mas and stuff.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Jun 21, 2013 8:47 AM
May 2012
InfiniteRufus said:
Jun 21, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2013
InfiniteRufus said:

Kinda sad but really, I agree.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 21, 2013 12:07 PM

Oct 2009
Hmm, family is really only defined by your relations; a lot of those relations aren't chosen either.

Jun 21, 2013 12:11 PM

Oct 2007
My biological family and my emotional family are two different things, although my biological sister belongs in both. I don't have any real connection with my family and they're not the ones I turn to in a crisis or when I need someone.
Jun 21, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
It's hard to say. They're a bunch of people that support me but have little to no similarities (interest&personality-wise) with me what so ever.

I don't not get along with them, but I don't really get along with them either... I rarely talk to any of my household family members.. and I'm perfectly fine with this.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 21, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
Immediate parents and grandparents. My brother doesn't exist.

And yeah, I respect and love them a lot, which really boggles me when everyone else bitches about theirs on the Internet (mine are just as "cruel" when it comes down to it all the time, so...).
Yes, it's important.
And yes, I'll carry over their values if/when I have offspring.
Jun 21, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
My biological family is my father, mother, and brother.

However, there are a few friends I consider "family". They're basically the ones I've known for years that have visited enough for my family to be well acquainted with them as well.

My cats are my family too.
HigurashiJun 21, 2013 2:10 PM
Jun 21, 2013 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
I live with my great aunt, great uncle, and half brother. I can't be with my real mom because she has mental problems. And neither my brother or I met our real fathers. I call my great aunt and uncle mom and dad because they feel like my parents. They've had me since I was born.
I don't really feel close to my real mom. She just doesn't feel like mom to me at all. And my brother hates her because she did drugs and got drunk while she was pregnant with us. We're lucky we didn't get super messed up.
I guess I'm sort of close to my other family members. They come over for Christmas and Thanksgiving. The extended family I keep contact with is my grandma, aunts, cousin and second cousin.
Jun 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
I love the crazy fuckers in my immediate family but beyond that, they can blow me. they are all super fake, smiles plastered on their faces: "OH how are youuuu? Its been so long! How are you doing???" I mean fuck, you really wanna know? My life is half in the crapper and trust me, you don't care to find out why.

/rant over
Jun 21, 2013 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
Me and my mom are my family
Other then her I see my grandparents every other year or so
Don't really get along with my mom, although I try because she's the only family I have and I need her at my age and in the situation I'm in

More topics from this board

» Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin?

ZakuF_ - Jun 25

39 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » For those of you who wear accessories like watches and jewelry...

56709 - Dec 3, 2023

26 by Mayahuel »»
26 minutes ago

» Career Advices?

EmiliaHoarfrost - Yesterday

11 by Retro8bit »»
3 hours ago

» Do mal users have bad reading comprehension?

WaffleMaster89 - Jun 25

15 by Retro8bit »»
3 hours ago

» MrBeast dying in 2025

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

17 by Retro8bit »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.