Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (25) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
I think I am more shocked that there are people who pay to watch anime....

Oh well, I'll just continue pirating 100% free HD anime :D...., I actually stopped my torrent to read this thread, damn.
Jun 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Nov 2008
I'll just go ahead and respond to each of the five points he made.

HigurashiJun 21, 2013 10:53 PM
Jun 22, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2012
Quality is irrelevant. If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless. Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product? However, if one views the product on a site that follows the law, they do not believe it is worthless, because the effort was made to support the product. If one has insufficient funds they should not feel the need to support all DVD releases, but instead support through watching ads on a legal streaming site. I do not understand why some believe that streaming is inferior technology. Streaming is superior technology to direct downloading or torrenting. The one disadvantage of streaming is it requires more advance technology. Only individuals that have extremely outdated equipment would benefit from downloading or torrenting.
Jun 22, 2013 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
Commander_Data said:
Quality is irrelevant. If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless. Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product? However, if one views the product on a site that follows the law, they do not believe it is worthless, because the effort was made to support the product. If one has insufficient funds they should not feel the need to support all DVD releases, but instead support through watching ads on a legal streaming site. I do not understand why some believe that streaming is inferior technology. Streaming is superior technology to direct downloading or torrenting. The one disadvantage of streaming is it requires more advance technology. Only individuals that have extremely outdated equipment would benefit from downloading or torrenting.

That's maybe your notion on what is and what is not worthless.

I think the law doesn't make anything valuable.

And streaming is always inferior to downloading, as stated here:
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 22, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2012
Orsonius said:
Commander_Data said:

The chart is bias and inaccurate. It states that the video quality is worse, when streaming supports 1080p. Pirates must use inferior technology in order to avoid detection by authorities. You did not answer my question, If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless. Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product? You are correct the law does not make anything valuable it is the time the person spends to produce the product. If you believe anime should be a charity you should raise and hire your own staff to produce the product yourself.
Jun 22, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2012
Orsonius said:
Let's do an experiment: You go on to your favorite torrent site. Click download. Go into your Torrent application and select all the packets to prioritize downloading in chronological order. Then wait a while for it to download the necessary parts before you start streaming. Meanwhile, I go on to my streaming site, click "Anime List". Find the show I want to watch. Watch a 30 second ad (or in many cases, no ad due to Ad Blocker). Which one's faster?

And more important: Which one's psychologically more conducive to exploring anime that you haven't seen? If you're interested in watching something old and random, say.... Onegai Teacher... What would encourage you to pick up anime that you know nothing about: jumping through a 30 second ad hoop; or finding a batch to download and prioritizing the packets for streaming?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 22, 2013 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
SharifEbeefE said:
If anime wasn't free...

It's not free, you're just stealing. Learn the difference.
Jun 22, 2013 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
Commander_Data said:
Orsonius said:

The chart is bias and inaccurate. It states that the video quality is worse, when streaming supports 1080p.

Resolution is of little importance. Even 1080p releases can have "mini" versions which are like 1.5gb per movie, while there are 15gb releases of the same thing, using the same encoding. Streaming almost exclusively uses an extremely low bitrate compared to 15gb movie releases, hence weaker image quality. For example if you upload a high bitrate 1080p video to YouTube, it often ends up looking absolutely terrible in YouTube's 1080p streaming mode compared to the source material.
Commander_Data said:
Pirates must use inferior technology in order to avoid detection by authorities.

What?!?
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Jun 22, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2012
Commander_Data said:

The chart is bias and inaccurate. It states that the video quality is worse, when streaming supports 1080p. Pirates must use inferior technology in order to avoid detection by authorities. You did not answer my question, If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless. Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product? You are correct the law does not make anything valuable it is the time the person spends to produce the product. If you believe anime should be a charity you should raise and hire your own staff to produce the product yourself.

well it is more about illegal streaming.

The chart doesn't include offline watchability.
I for example put my anime on my android pad and watch it for example at work in breaks or in public transportation. That's not possible with streaming.
I also am not reliant on some streaming sites. When they are down for some reason I still can watch anime.

You did not answer my question, If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless.

Air is free, is it worthless?
I don't think so, since I need it to breath.
I don't see how "not costing any money" follows to "worthless".
Personally I'd like to have a moneyless society, by your standard everything in such a society would be worthless.

Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product?

Why would I spend many hours having fun watching anime?
That's a stupid question. Again, what you define as worthless doesn't concern me in the slightest.

If you believe anime should be a charity you should raise and hire your own staff to produce the product yourself.

I never said that. Anime is for free available right in this moment.
I just take advantage of that fact.
If it wasn't I would probably not be on MAL and watch anime.

katsucats said:

Let's do an experiment: You go on to your favorite torrent site. Click download. Go into your Torrent application and select all the packets to prioritize downloading in chronological order. Then wait a while for it to download the necessary parts before you start streaming. Meanwhile, I go on to my streaming site, click "Anime List". Find the show I want to watch. Watch a 30 second ad (or in many cases, no ad due to Ad Blocker). Which one's faster?

Depending on what I watch it takes from 1min to 10min to download an episode.
Mostly downloading a 300mb file takes not more than 5 min for me.
Downloading an entire series can range from 1-3h or more if it's really big.

What I do is, download an episode. ~5min
Watch the episode, meanwhile download a couple more and an entire series.
After 20 min I watched the first episode all other episode have been downloaded, and 20% of the series.
I continue to watch the rest.
The series is now done.
I can proceed to watch the series, and continue to download even more.

It didn't really lose me any time to do that. Mostly I come home from work, do stuff in RL and meanwhile download the latest shows. Then I sit down and watch them.
I have effectively lost 0% time.

katsucats said:

And more important: Which one's psychologically more conducive to exploring anime that you haven't seen? If you're interested in watching something old and random, say.... Onegai Teacher... What would encourage you to pick up anime that you know nothing about: jumping through a 30 second ad hoop; or finding a batch to download and prioritizing the packets for streaming?

Well older shows are harded to find streamable.
Also BD rips and uncensored/uncut versions as well.
And all free streaming services available to me have inferior quality. All of them.#I watched most of my time anime by streaming it. But since end of last year I started downloading and I find it way more efficient and pleasant compared to streaming (especially when people upload madoka episode 12 tagged as 11 and I spoil myself the end FUCK THAT!)
OrsoniusJun 22, 2013 4:28 AM
Jun 22, 2013 4:26 AM

Jul 2012
TheAsap said:
SharifEbeefE said:
If anime wasn't free...

It's not free, you're just stealing. Learn the difference.

Definition of steal
verb (past stole /stəʊl/; past participle stolen /ˈstəʊlən/)
1 [with object] take (another person’s property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it:
thieves stole her bicycle

Definition of copy
verb (copies, copying, copied)
[with object]
1make a similar or identical version of; reproduce:

Learn the difference.
Jun 22, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2013
In UK the only way you can get anime legally is Crunchyroll & BR/DVD [Funi region block you unless you want to buy the BR/DVD]

I have Crunchyroll but it kinda sux, it freezez all the time and has very limited titles, and when it comes to buying BR/DVD you cant find everything + its not the cheapest thing to invest in.

I do have a number of anime titles on BR/DVD but I would not go out and spend money on them unless I have watched them before & I actually like them. Nothing wrong with trying before you buy.

On top of that some series like OP can not be found on DVD/BR so the only way to watch it is online. You can get the 1st 10 seasons and thats it.
---
Orsonius said:
Commander_Data said:

The chart is bias and inaccurate. Please dont tell me you made this?
jnw93Jun 22, 2013 5:26 AM
Jun 22, 2013 4:34 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not from NA and I do pirate anime but i do agree that's wrong to not support something you enjoyed.
I might support some series I really liked if i found a viable way to do so in the future.

I don't see any problem with pirating and then buying.

Jaguer91 said:
He... I've never paid for watch anime and I don't think I do.
If I have the option to watch it for free, why would I pay?
Besides most anime don't deserve a cent.

>Location: Catamarca, Argentina

Why I'm not surprised?
Jun 22, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
sherlock5545 said:
All I got from reading this thread is:

- Users in MAL hate people who don't care a dime about their favourites and beloved anime.

- Users in MAL think it's wrong to pay for something if they can get it for free.

- Users in MAL insult each other when there's a conflict of opinions.

I'm not saying you should buy everything, however, if you can and have the mean to do so, then buy and support the industry. Prices are not always affordable, I know, but when you can, you should. If you can't, it's fine, although you shouldn't, it's understandable.

However, the fact that most people think anime should be free and wouldn't pay a single penny for it, is quite irritating. If you are convinced you should never pay at all for anything, then you are the douches.

Personally, I don't buy all the anime I watch, it would simply be impossible to cope with the costs. However, whenever possible, I tend to make use of CrunchyRoll and buy DVDs of the series I like the most.

By the way, let's not divert the main concern of this topic to "Subs vs Dubs", we had enough of these discussions. Keep your opinions for yourselves, it's an endless war between fanatics of each sides. I prefer subs, but I don't mind dubs.

Pretty much how I feel about the issue too.

Jun 22, 2013 6:56 AM

Dec 2011
jnw93 said:
In UK the only way you can get anime legally is Crunchyroll & BR/DVD [Funi region block you unless you want to buy the BR/DVD]

Just pointing out that there's also Netflix, Anime on Demand and Daisuki. Each has their flaws of course (Netflix only has stuff that's already available on DVD, AoD has a rather lackadaisical attitude towards episode release dates, and Daisuki doesn't have many series yet), but they do exist. Oh and since you mentioned Funimation, several of the series on their youtube channel (typically older ones) are available in the UK. For each of the last 3 seasons I've been able to legally get about 90% of the things I've wanted to try.

As for the debate itself, my personal policy is "if it is available legally, I will watch it legally; if it is not available legally, I will watch it illegally". As I have a personal aversion to downloading things that I haven't paid for, I will then stream anything else. Like I say, it's a personal aversion and not anything else that makes me use these illegal streaming sites. In fact, I hate the damn things, but I'd rather use them than the alternatives of downloading a series or not watching it at all.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 22, 2013 7:26 AM

May 2013
Orsonius said:

While downloading is better for my situation, some people do prefer streaming. It all depends on your circumstances, so there is no right or wrong answer, just preferences.

Also, anyone who who quickly resorts to insults during an argument, especially swear words, is instantly seen as unintelligent, and possibly mentally challenged, especially if you use the word "fag" or "faggot". It displays your lack of vocabulary and inability to hold a conversation that contains only logic, points, and maturity.
Jun 22, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
Everyone should just do whatever they want.

In my opinion
Jun 22, 2013 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
Commander_Data said:
Quality is irrelevant.

Its very relevant.

If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless. Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product? However, if one views the product on a site that follows the law, they do not believe it is worthless, because the effort was made to support the product. If one has insufficient funds they should not feel the need to support all DVD releases, but instead support through watching ads on a legal streaming site.

Most airing series are not legally available where I live.
And I don't buy stuff that costs 100's of euro's if i'm not even sure if i'll enjoy it. I'll only consider buying it if I did enjoy it.

Its worth money to me, but I don't have enough money to buy those BD's which cost over 200 euro's to buy. The yuyushiki BD's for example are 40%~ of my monthly income(which I also need for food, rent etc..)

If you don't understand this, then you just have a hard time understanding under viewpoints/opinions.

I do not understand why some believe that streaming is inferior technology.
Streaming is superior technology to direct downloading or torrenting.

If its superior, then why is the quality worse?

Commander_Data said:
Pirates must use inferior technology in order to avoid detection by authorities.

Its obvious you don't anything about pirating.

Atleast do some research before you try to argue.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 22, 2013 7:50 AM

Apr 2011
Nidstang said:
Everyone should just do whatever they want.

In my opinion
Jun 22, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2011
Watching this goody2shoe kills me.
Rules are meant to be broken. Hue.
Jun 22, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
Orsonius said:
Anyways, he makes following Statements:

1) Illegal Streaming and Downloading in USA(and AUS, CA etc) is not necessary, because of legal alternatives which are also free (crunchyroll, hulu and others)

2) Illegal Streaming and Downloading is „morally“ wrong, and you shouldn‘t do it.

3) Even if you buy the BluRay etc. later it‘s still bad to use illegal services.

4) Anime is not expensive, buying things is possible
4.2) Hobbies are supposed to be costly, you cannot have a Hobby that doesn‘t cost money. Anime is also a Hobby so expecting it to be for free is foolish

5) (partially) Illegal streaming and downloading harms the Industry.

I'll do my best to comment on these statements.

1) It's all good for people who live in countries where "legal" alternatives are readily available. People who don't have these options can only watch anime through "illegal" means in this case.

2) We live in a post-modern society where each individual person defines what is moral or not to them. It may be illegal due to intellectual property protection such as copyright, but it can still be moral/ethical to a particular person to stream or download anime illegally.

3) I'm pretty sure illegal services actually bring further exposure to anime series, thereby increasing the chance of more people buying the product in the West. This isn't so much of an issue in Japan though.

4) Well I suppose it isn't expensive in Western countries, but look at how much it is compared to the original Japanese BDs/DVDs. I'd also question the quality of the BD/DVD in the West compared to the original Japanese BD/DVD quality.

5) The Western industry? I don't think the original Japanese industry will be hurt at all. The majority of the Japanese are law abiding citizens, and the cost of a typical 6 volume/12 episode series is ¥7,350 (75.17USD) * 6=¥44,100 (451.01 USD). You'd have to have many buyers in the West just to equate the expense of one buyer in Japan.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 22, 2013 7:59 AM

May 2013
This guy is so full of himself, I swear to god...

I don't want to pay for something that I'll end up disliking, especially with the high prices, and I'm not just talking anime, it's everything, movies, games, tv shows, it's just not worth it without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

Now, if what you downloaded was actually good (I mean good, and not just decent) you should contribute to the creators.
Jun 22, 2013 8:09 AM

May 2013
Neteyes said:
This guy is so full of himself, I swear to god...

I don't want to pay for something that I'll end up disliking, especially with the high prices, and I'm not just talking anime, it's everything, movies, games, tv shows, it's just not worth it without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

Now, if what you downloaded was actually good (I mean good, and not just decent) you should contribute to the creators.

I wouldn't say he's full of himself. More like he just has Morals, while the majority of us do not.

While he may be trying to convince us that we should not be pirates, he is not trying to force us to do or not to do anything. In the end, if he can't convince us, all he asks is that piracy is not promoted on his Youtube page, videos and websites, which is fairly reasonable considering they all belong to him.
Jun 22, 2013 9:02 AM

Feb 2013
He was very smug throughout the entire video. I paid this much, I have this much, I’ve got 3 different copies of the same anime, why don't you do the same thing?
Jun 22, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2012
What it boils down to really is just that the very rich just want to get richer.
Distant emotions caressed by darkness in a field of imagination; stars.
Jun 22, 2013 9:29 AM

Aug 2012
Anime_Troll said:
What it boils down to really is just that the very rich just want to get richer.
A Japanese Anime Studio? said:
Give me money?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 22, 2013 10:24 AM

Jul 2012
Anime_Troll said:

It's not really that these studios make a lot of money. Just look at all the one who got bankrupt.
Jun 22, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
Sorry. I can't take anyone seriously when they're dressed like that.
Jun 22, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
Orsonius said:
Commander_Data said:

well it is more about illegal streaming.

The chart doesn't include offline watchability.
I for example put my anime on my android pad and watch it for example at work in breaks or in public transportation. That's not possible with streaming.
I also am not reliant on some streaming sites. When they are down for some reason I still can watch anime.

You did not answer my question, If one believes something should be free, then it is worthless.

Air is free, is it worthless?
I don't think so, since I need it to breath.
I don't see how "not costing any money" follows to "worthless".
Personally I'd like to have a moneyless society, by your standard everything in such a society would be worthless.

Why would one spend many hours viewing worthless product?

Why would I spend many hours having fun watching anime?
That's a stupid question. Again, what you define as worthless doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Air is a valuable thing due to the fact you require it to live. So is anime a valuable thing because you enjoy it? no, you are trying to state it is required to be free and put into a worthless market plan however it is enjoyed, a clear contradiction. You do not care for its survival. You must state is has value of some sort in order for you to desire it. You value other things over anime, anime is bottom priority over other things you enjoy. In other words, it is more logical for your to invest your time and money into other activities. Anime requires money to be produced, if you do not support anime it does not benefit from you. There are many anime that did not get a 2nd season due to lack of profit, you are unconcerned that this has happened, you desire this outcome. What you desire for everyone can simply not exist.

Since it was your idea to have a moneyless society, we will start with you. I would enjoy a 2,000 page quality script about high school romance, I desire it and put a value on it. However to my convenience you do not require money to operate. Once I receive this first request along with a few 100 more I will find your idea valid.

Your knowledge of streaming is extremely lacking, you should do more research on the actual technology rather than first hand experience.

As for some of the other people, they seem confused, these arguments are for people of american demographic as stated in the first post of this thread. If you wish to see more in your region, it would be wise to invest as much money into it as possible.
Commander_DataJun 22, 2013 9:28 PM
Jun 22, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2011
If only Arkada could see this thread. I guess he wouldn't care though.
Jun 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Apr 2013
It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to get some anime legally.

I remember trying to get K-On! It cost $50 to buy the dvd off amazon. It wasn't on cruncyroll, youtube, hulu, etc.

It even freaking cost 4500 microsoft points on Xbox Live.

There's a limit to the BS I can take.
Jun 22, 2013 7:23 PM
Dec 2007
Cupquake said:

I remember trying to get K-On! It cost $50 to buy the dvd off amazon. It wasn't on cruncyroll, youtube, hulu, etc.

It's POSSIBLE to buy anime legally,you just have to look at different sites.
joe-animeJun 22, 2013 7:55 PM
Jun 22, 2013 7:54 PM
Dec 2007
Orsonius said:
>>>

This guy it hits the nail on the head 100%.
Jun 22, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2012
cantius said:
Popka said:
I will buy something as a way of showing appreciation if I really, really liked it, and if I can watch something legally for free I will. But he kind of seems to be making the argument that if I live in America, I have a lot of anime at my disposal legally and should be satisfied. A lot of the really good stuff hasn't been licensed and isn't available on Crunchyroll, and I'm not inclined to wait for it since I'll probably be waiting in vain.

Orsonius said:
Look at Shingeki no Kyoujin. It airs right now, people can watch it thanks to torrents and streams, the sales for not only preorders but also the Manga has gone up greatly.
There was actually an episode of South Park about this. In the commentary Matt Stone and Trey Parker said that people illegally downloading their show actually helped them out because of all the exposure they got from it.

Yeah but it's still a rare benefit.
Yeah, and more often than not it's better to buy stuff or watch it legally. But at least there can be some small benefit to illegal downloads.
Jun 22, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2013
So am I suppose to say i'm sorry and I won't do it again cause I wont.
Jun 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Aug 2012
This is what I do:
Find an anime I would like to watch on MAL, watch it on an illegal streaming website, If I like the anime enough ill buy it.

If I would do it the "morally right way" I would have to:
Find an anime I would like to watch on MAL, in most cases PAY to watch it on an legal streaming website, and then if I like they anime enough ill BUY it.

In both cases I watch and buy the anime except in case 1 I pay less. And what if I pay to watch an anime but don't like it? i'm screwed. And besides why should I pay for something that's completely free somewhere else and still get the same benefits?
Jun 22, 2013 9:43 PM
Jan 2013
To be quite honest, I think this guy makes good points. Especially now that Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Funi have some enormous selections. I guess some really hate a lower quality, but it doesn't bug me that much. After all, they did not wish to give it, and I'd rather not take what they did not wish to give against their wishes. And there is just so much that is available for free, these days.
Jun 22, 2013 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
SharifEbeefE said:
If anime wasn't free I wouldn't watch it. Simple as that. God knows I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on anime DVD's. That being said, thank God for torrents.

Anime is free (for the most part). Its free to watch but you have to pay if you want to own. Its your choice if you want to buy the anime dvd's. You also act like you have to be rich to buy anime and its the only way to watch it, which is certainly not the case. In my opinion if you like an anime a lot you should buy it not download it for free because if you download it for free then it must have not meant anything to you or has 0 value to you.
KingOfBlades38Jun 22, 2013 10:18 PM
Jun 22, 2013 10:15 PM

Aug 2012
Cupquake said:

Just for the record $50 is not a lot, but just for the sake of this argument ill ask how many episodes is K-on ( I haven't seen it)? if its 1-13 episodes then $50 is a complete rip off. If its 1-25 episodes then that's reasonable. But the thing is that I just went on amazon right now and found it under $20 new for a blue-ray. Amazon is not a good example because they have different sales and prices everyday.
Jun 23, 2013 2:36 AM

Jul 2012
sasukefan38 said:
Cupquake said:

Just for the record $50 is not a lot, but just for the sake of this argument ill ask how many episodes is K-on ( I haven't seen it)? if its 1-13 episodes then $50 is a complete rip off. If its 1-25 episodes then that's reasonable. But the thing is that I just went on amazon right now and found it under $20 new for a blue-ray. Amazon is not a good example because they have different sales and prices everyday.

some people cant affort 50$ for anime.
I know some underaged anime fans who can't spend more than 20€ on anime a month, because a) they dont have much money, and b) their parents dont allow it
Jun 23, 2013 3:55 AM

Aug 2011
As I see it. There's a lot of dickheads on MAL.

What I do:

I buy it if I'll like it a lot. Unfornately, most anime is shit. There's like only five I would have in my collection. Classics in my opinion.

I use netflix. There's quite some anime in there, so I'll watch it there if it's available (and with subs, haven't got down to check that stuff yet. Too much stuff to watch. But yet again, ain't a weirdo so netflix is gold for me. Since I actually like regular movies.

I stream if it's ongoing. Not much to say here.

I'll only download if it's rare and I can't get it anywhere else.

Norwegians got money, so got money. :D
Jun 23, 2013 4:21 AM

Nov 2012
It's all about having the funds and availability. Due to circumstances beyond my control I've yet had the chance to find myself a job which obviously means I have little to no money at any given time. So, for me, spending any money on anime is out of the question, but does that mean I'm going to stop watching anime? No. If the option to download it is there then why not take advantage of it? While there is a good selection of anime to choose from here in America, there are some series that you simply can't get legally, so the only options are to either not watch it or download it. There are also people who simply don't have the funds to watch anime legally. If that's the case then I think it's perfectly fine to download a series even if it is considered "morally" wrong.

Having said that, I do think that if you have the money for it you should try to buy as much as possible or at least get a crunchyroll subscription. I personally plan on buying as many series that I can once I have the funds. Though I'd say most people are thinking what I've seen said multiple times in this thread; If you can get it for free, why pay for it? Anyway, since the option to watch it for free is there that's what most people will do and since I'm guilty of it as well I can't ridicule anyone for doing the same.
Jun 23, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2007
I'd buy anime if I had money to spare. Atm I don't. Though honestly, I think they're overpriced.
Jun 23, 2013 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
paper-dreams said:
I'd buy anime if I had money to spare. Atm I don't. Though honestly, I think they're overpriced.
I think so, too. Especially the more recent anime. It's impossible to stay on top of things if you pay for every single thing you watch.
Jun 23, 2013 4:57 AM

Aug 2012
Orsonius said:
sasukefan38 said:
Cupquake said:

some people cant affort 50$ for anime.
I know some underaged anime fans who can't spend more than 20€ on anime a month, because a) they dont have much money, and b) their parents dont allow it

If you cant afford $50 (no matter what age) then:
1. you should be spending less time watching anime and more time looking for a job.
2. If you already have a job and still cant afford $50, then get a better job.
3. If have a good job and still don't wish to pay, then you are just being lazy.

If you are under age then why are you trying to BUY anime in the first place? Just watch it for free via streaming or on tv and be happy. And if your parents don't allow buying anime ( or whatever) then grow up, move out, and then buy what you want. Simple...
Jun 23, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2013
how else am I supposed to watch my animu?
Jun 23, 2013 5:23 AM

Nov 2012
sasukefan38 said:
Haha nice joke man I just wonder where do u live.
Jun 23, 2013 5:32 AM

Dec 2011
I wonder why parents would allow their child to watch illegally downloaded anime but not allow them to buy it...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 23, 2013 6:14 AM

Mar 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
I wonder why parents would allow their child to watch illegally downloaded anime but not allow them to buy it...
Because they think anime is a waste of money, but don't want their kids to whine about not letting them watch. Or the parents don't know about their child watching illegally.
Jun 23, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
sasukefan38 said:

Maybe you're to young to understand this, but that is not as easy as you think it is(not to mention that ongoing anime is far more expensive).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 23, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2012
sasukefan38 said:

If you cant afford $50 (no matter what age) then:
1. you should be spending less time watching anime and more time looking for a job.
3. If have a good job and still don't wish to pay, then you are just being lazy.

If you are under age then why are you trying to BUY anime in the first place? Just watch it for free via streaming or on tv and be happy. And if your parents don't allow buying anime ( or whatever) then grow up, move out, and then buy what you want. Simple...

If you are underaged you can't work...
At least 14,15 year old kids are not allowed to work where I live.

They literally just have the money their parents give them.

Says the 17 year old...

Also you cannot "grow up and move out".
That happens over time. You cannot actively grow up...
OrsoniusJun 23, 2013 7:13 AM
Pages (25) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
9 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
13 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.