Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 16, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2011
Please, this is war, people die. Just kill off some people, anyone is fine as long as you don't touch Erza! UItear was one of my favorite side characters T_T. Her life is def worth more than all those Fairy tail people who could have died.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jun 17, 2013 1:03 AM

Oct 2011
1/5

Mashima-sensei, you did it again. I lost my faith in you when you did the 7 year time skip but I still continued to read your series, and now this? :( It's like I'm reading a crappy fanfiction. A total disappointment.

why am i still reading this? T-T
Jun 18, 2013 8:50 PM

Dec 2011
As reading the chapter I thought her powers is so convenient, but learning the one minute was very futile. I really wonder if she really is dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
And Ultear lost her life sacrificing her for Gray, like her mother. So sad that she did'nt know anything about what she saved before she died u_u
Jun 19, 2013 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
The only way you can make this good is by having gray perform a funeral by sending her to the sea.
Jun 20, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2012
_McH said:
The simplicity of this storytelling, I can't take it anymore. Like someone else mentioned, knowing Mashima (when it comes to FT) + the amount of times that he screwed up a potentially interesting change of events already: it's probably unlikely that Ultear is going to die. She's supposed to but she won't, and in the end she'll rediscover the purpose of her life after listening to an incredible and totally original speech about how she's considered to be a real friend by the FT gang.

Everyone dies within the same minute without Ultear knowing that something like that just happened. Ofcourse, she uses her spell to rewind time at the exact same moment. What are the chances of that? I don't care about people not dying, this is a feel-good Shounen after all, but all of these events have so much more potential, and I would love to experience FT again as I did in the beginning.

The only reason I keep reading FT is because I cannot believe that Mashima keeps pulling off the same crap over and over again. I keep being convinced that he has to realize this himself and do something awesome and unpredictable next time. As I've told myself a thousand times already: maybe next time?

EDIT: One more thing to avoid confusion. Don't get me wrong when I mentioned the simplicity of the storytelling. I like the 1-minute theory, about how something small like that can change the entire outcome, I just feel like the design of this message was awfully, forcefully rushed.

i have massive headaches every time i read fairy tail.. theres really nothing to look forward to anymore when the dragons turned out to be clowns
Jun 20, 2013 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
Why did the minute reverse premonition only appear to present itself to the good guys?
I know it was obvious boring bishounen main* Gray wasn't going anywhere and it'd be Ultear that gave up her life for him the previous chapter, yet still, I like to be wrong and witness a suprise. This death and ressurection is nothing but screentime for a character the writer hardly bothers with.

Jun 20, 2013 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
Queen_Stars said:
Why did the minute reverse premonition only appear to present itself to the good guys?
I know it was obvious boring bishounen main* Gray wasn't going anywhere and it'd be Ultear that gave up her life for him the previous chapter, yet still, I like to be wrong and witness a suprise. This death and ressurection is nothing but screentime for a character the writer hardly bothers with.

It doesn't change anything for the bad guys. They would see themselves killing their targets. And so still go through with the attack since it would look like it would connect.
Jun 27, 2013 4:48 AM

Oct 2010
i don't think that her life only amounted up to "one minute" but rather that that minute represented. that minute stole and gave people their lives and a chance for humanity to counterattack and change the future :)

i really liked ultear! i thought her death should've been more dramatic hahaaha... it sucked that she was all alone to die and thought her life was meaningless till the end..

RIP ultear! i'll miss you
Jul 11, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
WOW, this chapter is a joke. Ultear was actually one of the tolerable characters in FT. Gray should of died.
Aug 13, 2013 4:41 PM
Oct 2010
wow thats fucked up. did she die not knowing how much she really helped and she died thinking she was useless . thats tragic
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 15, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
1) Ultear.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

2) Gray died 1 chapter ago... i knew he wouldn't stay dead (obviously..), but WHY THE FUCK do you already have to "revive" him 1 chapter later...
that's stupid... 1 chapter, omg... at least let him stay dead for a while and use gray's "death" for something great...

n/c
Aug 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Oct 2010
Why kill Ultear? Meredy found peace with her and now you killed her off? Why not kill that freaking Jellal already. Oh sure he can die 20 times and you will still revive him. Freaking troll. Don't know why I bother with this manga anymore.
Aug 26, 2013 6:23 AM

Jul 2009
Seems like everyone in the last chapter's discussion were right about this chapter's plot.
Oct 5, 2013 10:14 PM

Jun 2012
Futuristic said:
You're content with a MC basically walking into a bar, having a drink, then BAM BAM BAM, getting killed by fodder dragon offspring? Out of nowhere . . . ?

That's what Gray's death would've been, getting shot up by fodder dragon offspring out of nowhere in the last 3-4 pages of a chapter. Not even killed by some kind of boss, or someone the other characters could direct their anger at, but by fodder.

Don't know about you, but I'd be more upset over the absurdity of a main character being killed off in that fashion, than the logical - story based way Ultear was 'killed' off.

I have to agree with this. For all the complaints of his death being reversed, I actually would have been more bothered if a main character died so cheaply. Natsu is off stomping actual dragons, and Gray gets done in by some unnamed fodder. No thanks. And I did like how Ultear's death only brought back a minute. The spell itself is ridiculous to begin with, but it could have been handled much worse. At least they gave it a bit of an explanation, and made it far weaker than it could have been.

Though I wish they fit in some Juvia rage before time was brought back a minute. Oh well.

Darklight0303 said:
It doesn't change anything for the bad guys. They would see themselves killing their targets. And so still go through with the attack since it would look like it would connect.

This too. The more I think about this, the more I'm fine with it all. They killed off a relatively important character (I think, I'm behind and all) for only a minute of time, and used the minute exceptionally well. I've had my gripes with this manga/anime in the past, but this is not one of them.
Sep 8, 2017 7:50 AM

Feb 2013
Mashima-sensei is a genius!
He really knows how to use all the important characters.
Jun 23, 2019 4:02 PM
Mar 2015
So Ultear basically sacrifices her life to pull of a spell that's basically Bites The Dust but reduced to one minute. Well at least her sacrifice wasn't in vain.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.