3It was OK
36.1%
2Disliked it
2.8%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.8
36 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2013 11:02 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No more high school scenes, please! Jotaru looks WAY TOO out of place to be passed off as a high school student.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 15, 2013 1:54 PM

May 2012
Compared to the 2012 version the pace and setting sure totally changed which is sad as it was really epic! Still some proper development with the story!
Oct 3, 2014 7:21 PM

Apr 2009
Damn Kakyoin, I used to think the cherry earrings were weird...not so much any more.

Apr 30, 2019 1:28 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode. Now they're off to Egypt and the hunt for Dio can begin!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty solid episode, Jotaro looks really weird next to regular school goers and I really wish they kept in him telling the girls to shut up because they're annoying because they were being annoying, but otherwise I think the changes to the fight worked. The forest setting worked well with Hierophant's snake like attacks and appearance, and I think the schoolgirl going to help Jotaro and getting manipulated worked too, since it gives more relevance to that bit of the story. And also, I know it's just because they don't have the episode count to cover every fight but I'm glad they're going straight to private jet since that makes way more sense.

The only change I'm not sure I cared for was the Phantom Blood flashbacks, but whatever.

Osaka117 said:
Damn Kakyoin, I used to think the cherry earrings were weird...not so much any more.

lol, yeah. I hate his earrings in the OVA.
May 19, 2020 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
The ONLY thing I’m wondering about…

BOTH Joseph and Avdol only SUSPECT that DIO is still alive. That’s what they say after the flashback/story, after all. They were almost treating it as a mystery, at first. But then Avdol said he actually SAW/ENCOUNTERED DIO in Egypt. If Avdol actually clashed with DIO before, then why did Joesph say we ”THINK” DIO is alive.

Additionally, the subbed version I was watching (gogoanime) made the flashback/story pretty confusing.

“I ship was recovered in the Atlantic ocean. Jonathan was confirmed to have died. “It” was open however, and we think DIO may have awoken from his slumber.” … I mean is that hard to follow or what?

Any who, this anime is alright so far. I’m only watching it because of the hype it gets. From what I understand, this first series of OVA’s from 1993-2000 (before the modern 2010’s series) is a lot more serious than the JoJo everyone knows. And a note on the animation — this almost looks like a lot of retro American cartoons. The later JoJo episodes do have some anime-esque qualities, but this older version of JoJo style seems reminds me of comic book illustrations… not that any of that is relevant but it’s an observation nevertheless.
May 19, 2020 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Hannah_Ana said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No more high school scenes, please! Jotaru looks WAY TOO out of place to be passed off as a high school student.

Sent with Mal Updater

That's the point, though. Lol, I was secretly hoping for more high school scenes. The fact that he looks "out of place" is supposed to be funny and -- "bizarre" -- I thought.
Nov 18, 2023 3:13 AM

Dec 2012
DIO.
Holy is kneeling.
JoJo. Jotaro getting the bitches.
That student.
Jotaro gets cut.
She tried to stab Jotaro? She's possessed?
Kakyoin Noriaki. Hierophant Green.
He pledged loyalty to DIO?
In the face!
In her mouth.
Dat kiss!

I love the music. It's crazy how Joseph, Avdol, and Kakyoin seiyuu have all passed away (DIO's as well). Jotaro's seiyuu is the only one currently alive. It gives a different vibe to this episode. All these legends... just gone.
RobNov 18, 2023 11:36 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 13, 2009

21 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 3:18 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

7 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 5 Discussion

Yangbojian - Apr 9, 2013

11 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 4 Discussion

glenn177 - Dec 22, 2012

9 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

9 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.