Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2013 8:43 AM
Feb 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Here's come the end of our long journey guys...The last chapter is hereeeee!!!!

Full chapter 93 [RAW]: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2346437468

Translation [This is NOT a direct Japanese-English translation!]: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1028720.html

Full chapter 93 (English Translation): http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/93
(2nd pg cracked me up so hard! LOL)

Main events:
- Kaname will not die after he throws his heart into furnace. He gives his blessings to both Zero and Yuuki before he goes into deep slumber (trio hugs!). [Mostly contains YuMe moments]
- The fight between vampire and hunter is over. The building is crumbled down and all hunter weapons are shattered. (Zero, again saves our heroin's ass because well, Yuuki...is being Yuuki with her shattered Artemis *face-palm*)
- Aidou preserves Kaname's body with his ice and discovers researches on a cure that can turn vampires into humans in Kuran family library (written by Kaname). [Mostly contains ZeKi moments]
- Possibly future pairings!?: The scene captured both KaitoxYori and YagarixSeiren in one panel XD. (Oh God, the scene where Maria looks at Zero with unrequited love makes me cry! To hell with Yuuki!)
- Cross Academy is finally back to normal. The scene shows Grandma Yori is telling her grandchildren about vampires and her old days with Yuuki. It also implied ShikixRima and KainxRuka ending.
=========1,000 years have passed=========
- Yuuki ends up with Zero until his last breath.
- Yuuki bears two children; One girl and one boy. (Probably older sister is Kaname's and younger brother is Zero's or both could be Zero's; we've nothing to confirmed but the girl refers Kaname as 'my other father') [So it could be the former or the latter as many have claimed that because Yuuki is still love both Kaname and Zero, she would, no doubt, let her kids acknowledge that they have two fathers, regardless of who their 'real' father is. There's also the theory why Hino-sensei put the YuMe sex scene in the first place just for this. So, please use discretion.] and takes both of them to visit Zero's grave.
- Yuuki also takes them to where Kaname is still in his deep slumber (Despite Aidou finishing the cure, Kaname's heart, taken back from the furnace, can't withstand the effect of the cure, nor can it even wake him up) and dies THANK GOD! giving her life to turn Kaname into human and left messages for him to her children.
- Kaname wakes up and his human life begins! (with no memories?)

THE END!

LalalandzzMay 23, 2013 11:56 PM
May 22, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2013
If these spoilers and others I read are real,then wow.I thought the ending might be bad but I didn't expect it to be this terrible.So after Kaname goes into slumber Yuuki hooks up with Zero,okay.I wonder if she would have still made the same choice if Kaname was there?probably not,sorry but nothing will make me believe she has been in love with Zero more than Kaname since the beginning after all these chapters that shows otherwise.Okay so then after Zero dies,Yuuki sacrifices herself to make Kaname human and..what happened to her kids again?she left her kids and sacrificed herself..great.poor kids.
I wouldn't know myself but maybe the mangaka at least pleased some of the shippers,I guess?seems like that's the only thing she cared about,which is why we're left with this terrible and stupid ending :)
BTW I'm not sad over Yuuki and Zero dying,but the stupid threesome ending is just stupid,well at least Kaname is still alive,I don't know if he'll have a happy life or not from now on but at least since he has no memories,he's free from all his past burdens.
SalxerMay 22, 2013 12:12 PM
May 22, 2013 11:18 AM

Oct 2012
I was shocked to say the least... I was okay with Kaname dying though I know I would be depressed. I also was okay with Yuuki turning Kaname to a human and die, I wished for this one ending. Actually I wanted Kaname to forget everything and Zero would be there to watch him in honor of the dead Yuuki or whatever.

My hopes were broken, though I'm not very upset, I just feel like waiting for this ending was all a waste. I've been on edge Because Of This for months!

At least Kaname became a human, and wow he is going to live alone again. No he won't be alone he has the two kids with him, right?

However I can't imagine him taking care of the kids when he is just a human without memories and they are vampires, one of them is pureblood and the other is not. Why didn't the stupid Yuuki sacrifice herself for the two children? Wouldn't that be a better choice?

I still can't believe she had children! I didn't see that coming! And really choosing to die and leaving them behind wasn't the best choice.

My only regret is that years had passed and Zero died, I didn't want to see this, I only wanted Yuuki to die alone.

Anyway... Kaname is alive I can't believe it!

I really wished to see him wake up like that, with no memories, no Yuuki, and without heavy burden.

May my heart rest in peace.

As well as Kaname's.
May 22, 2013 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
I want subs X.x
May 22, 2013 6:11 PM
Feb 2013
Seems better than what I expected. Zeki dying and Kaname getting a third chance in life sounds nice and bittersweet.
May 22, 2013 6:36 PM

Mar 2011
Umm...well okay then. Show's over, and we can all live a little easier...I think...

#ButZeroHadAHappyEndingSoI'mJustFine

btw, Yuuki and Kaname's daughter should be a pureblood right?
May 22, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
Well then. Erm, this is kinda...a disappointment.

All the fangirls around love Zero and wished he'd be with some nice chick that actually likes him, and that Yuuki doesn't deserve such a nice and caring and loving guy. Kaname is just a d**k that couldn't keep his own weenie in his pants and stop to think "hey, maybe I SHOULDN'T sleep with my own sister!" and make her bear his child, that he doesn't even know, or might not even know will be his BECAUSE HE GOES TO SLEEP AND THEN WAKES UP AS A HUMAN WITH NO MEMORIES.

Okay so let me get this straight....Yuuki hooks up with Zero, and she has his kid...AFTER she has Kaname's kid? I'm predicting that's the scenario, because she can't have two kids at the same time from different dads... okay yeah I'll stop there.

HOW ABOUT ZERO HERE HUH? How did *HE* feel about being a replacement? I didn't think he would be so desperate for Yuuki as to HOOK UP WITH HER after he knows she's already slept with his love rival, Kaname and she don't got no V anymore... SERIOUSLY ZERO?! Even though I love you to bits but bro, you should have REALIZED that chick doesn't really care for you... she even sacrificed her life for some other guy and left your son. I liked Yuuki a lot before she unlocked her memories and discovered she was a pureblood, everything about her just became even more messed up after that. Hatred for her character increased. This threesome ending is TERRIBLE.

There could have been so much potential from this manga, but everything became floppy and weird and confusing and messed up around the middle. I couldn't rant some more about my rage but boy lovin' baby maker Yuuki doesn't deserve so much of my attention and I'm happy she's dead but it should've been to jump off a cliff I think it's alright for now, I have to wait for the complete scanlations to come out so I can make a statement. As if I didn't already do that enough XD
May 22, 2013 7:16 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not too sure why people were expecting that suddenly the writing was going to be amazing and we would get an actual plot after chapters and chapters of fail. This is probably why I'm not disappointed, because I just assumed Hino was going to take one last chance to troll us :D
The only thing I don't get is why people are calling this a 'threesome' ending. To me OT3 would be Zero, Yuuki and Kaname being happy together. In my opinion, even though both ships are canon since Yuuki loved both guys, there is only one endgame ship: Zero/Yuuki.
Basically: Girl gets pregnant by her fiancé (nothing wrong with them sleeping together, they are engaged and in love), due to circumstances they break up and she moves on to the other guy who she is also in love with. She then stays committed to the one guy for the remainder of her life, while raising her children (one of whom is from a former relationship, something not uncommon these days) and then when the love of her life dies she also decides to die and in the act of death gives the fiance who she didn't up with another chance of life.
Even though Yuuki's last act was out of love for Kaname, this isn't a Yume end, to me a Yume end or two pairing ending would of been if Yuuki lived with Zero and then when Zero died she woke up Kaname and then lived with him, that would of been her getting both guys. The spoilers seem to indicate that while she loved both Kaname bowed out and then after living her life with Zero he ended up being the one Yuuki stayed by, when he died she died also, she didn't move on to Kaname next. Yes, it seems that since Hino loves to troll there are moments for each ship in the final chapter, but that doesn't mean that Yuuki didn't make up her mind about who she was going to be with. I say just enjoy the moments your ship gets and the scenes with characters you like because of course the final chapter's plot isn't amazing, there was no way it was going to be after chapters of bad writing. I love Hino's art and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bashing her but I've thought her plot was lacking for 80% of this manga.
May 22, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
Shocker, this was horrible.

Hell this whole series was, what the hell happened, the start had such great suspense and lead into so much potential as to where it could go but it ended up becoming this mess of a series that didnt know what to do with its characters plot or world. There was so much wrong here from the unlikable characters especially yuuki and kaname who are 2 of the worst MC's iv seen in a series period to the downright illogical actions characters take

This whole series is a mess and me giving this a 3 is really generous cause this really is guilty crown levels of total shit

Also thank you op for making it so i dont have to waste time reading the final chapter, saved me some pain
JizzyHitlerMay 22, 2013 7:28 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 22, 2013 7:44 PM
Apr 2013
obviouslygeeky said:
I'm not too sure why people were expecting that suddenly the writing was going to be amazing and we would get an actual plot after chapters and chapters of fail. This is probably why I'm not disappointed, because I just assumed Hino was going to take one last chance to troll us :D

Well you make a lot of sense. I can't disagree with a word of that.

But these spoilers...! I don't think I'll ever be able to pick up my jaw off the floor. I think that's the real problem here; no one expected anything good or satisfying out of this last chapter, but the mangaka couldn't even meet those already-low expectations and gave us...whatever this was.

In one thing, I really must congratulate the author: She has finally united the entire Vampire Knight fandom! We all got collectively played.
May 22, 2013 8:56 PM
Mar 2012
pp813 said:

All the fangirls around love Zero and wished he'd be with some nice chick that actually likes him, and that Yuuki doesn't deserve such a nice and caring and loving guy. Kaname is just a d**k that couldn't keep his own weenie in his pants and stop to think "hey, maybe I SHOULDN'T sleep with my own sister!" and make her bear his child, that he doesn't even know, or might not even know will be his BECAUSE HE GOES TO SLEEP AND THEN WAKES UP AS A HUMAN WITH NO MEMORIES.

Okay so let me get this straight....Yuuki hooks up with Zero, and she has his kid...AFTER she has Kaname's kid? I'm predicting that's the scenario, because she can't have two kids at the same time from different dads... okay yeah I'll stop there.

HOW ABOUT ZERO HERE HUH? How did *HE* feel about being a replacement? I didn't think he would be so desperate for Yuuki as to HOOK UP WITH HER after he knows she's already slept with his love rival, Kaname and she don't got no V anymore... SERIOUSLY ZERO?! Even though I love you to bits but bro, you should have REALIZED that chick doesn't really care for you... she even sacrificed her life for some other guy and left your son. I liked Yuuki a lot before she unlocked her memories and discovered she was a pureblood, everything about her just became even more messed up after that. Hatred for her character increased. This threesome ending is TERRIBLE.

There could have been so much potential from this manga, but everything became floppy and weird and confusing and messed up around the middle. I couldn't rant some more about my rage but boy lovin' baby maker Yuuki doesn't deserve so much of my attention and I'm happy she's dead but it should've been to jump off a cliff I think it's alright for now, I have to wait for the complete scanlations to come out so I can make a statement. As if I didn't already do that enough XD

Agree 100%
May 22, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
Ana93 said:
obviouslygeeky said:

Well you make a lot of sense. I can't disagree with a word of that.

But these spoilers...! I don't think I'll ever be able to pick up my jaw off the floor. I think that's the real problem here; no one expected anything good or satisfying out of this last chapter, but the mangaka couldn't even meet those already-low expectations and gave us...whatever this was.

In one thing, I really must congratulate the author: She has finally united the entire Vampire Knight fandom! We all got collectively played.

Well...Hino had kind of dug herself into a hole, she hadn't built a good plot therefore an actual decent ending would of been hard to write at this point. I get people saying it is a bad ending but to me the ending spoilers do actually make some sense (as usual there will be plot holes simply because it is Hino) and it is a fitting ending to the manga. I think the main reason why people feel played is because they are shippers - many Zeki shippers have been bitter ever since Yuuki slept with Kaname and Yuuki having Kaname's child probably makes those already bitter shippers feel even more insulted. Yume shippers didn't get a happily ever after either, the most they get out of it is that Yuuki had Kaname's child. This leaves shippers feeling like their ship hasn't 'won' because Hino let Yuuki eat her cake and have it too, she gets to love them both and both guys seem to accept her feelings on the matter. Even Yuuki's last act I guess shows this duality: the last thing she does in the manga expresses love to both guys, it reunites her with Zero in death and is the ultimate sacrifice to show her love for Kaname. Really thinking about it, I'm actually kind of impressed by how epic Hino's trolling really is!
The two most predicted endings involved Kaname dying in the furnace, Zeki together by default OR another pureblood sacrificing instead of Kaname, Kaname and Yuuki ending up together and Zero either dying protecting them as their knight or standing aside for Yume to make Yuuki happy. What we are actually getting IS one of these widely predicted low expectation endings it's just people didn't anticipate that Yuuki would have Kaname's child and that Kaname would get a second chance at life. Also, after Yuuki sleeping with Kaname most readers thought that it would be a Yume ending and even many Zero fans wanted Yume due to all this lame Yuuki slut shaming that has happened in fandom. The way I see it what people actually hate the most about the ending is what they've disliked all through the manga: Yuuki''s behaviour. She is the not the typical manga pure heroine who devotes herself to one guy. What Hino has written makes sense with the silly triangle she has devoted so much of the manga to but fans don't like it because it goes against the grain, it's not what they expect therefore they don't like it.
Sigh. Anyway, for those who do feel bitter I hope y'all get to vent and then get over it and move onto manga that you enjoy more...
May 22, 2013 9:12 PM

Sep 2012
So many fucking things that make no sense. Hino fucking fails

- Pregnant first time and only time she has sex with Kaname. Using Yuuki’s womb as a plot device, for shame.

- Kaname may recover his memories in the future and either die in agony or be saved and helplessly remember all the sad shit he went through.

- 89-92 meaningless filler.

- The children lose their parents. And the girl is Kaname’s daughter so she’s a pureblood and will eventually lose her brother too and live through all those painful pb issues. Like having to kill herself eventually because immortality is painful. Does Aidou and co’s ‘medicine’ resolve that issue? NOPE (EDIT: I read the whole set of raws last night andI guess she could take that medicine and become human. A huge disappointment though - when was being a pureblood a bad thing?)

And if we were going to get Zeki endgame anyway, all that bullshit Zero memory loss and Yume sex shouldn’t have been published because it’s just embarrassingly bad writing. Cut out 88-92, purebloods attack at the ball in 87 - skip straight to 93. There, fixed it for you
VesperlyndMay 24, 2013 4:28 AM
May 22, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
Vesperlynd said:
So many fucking things that make no sense. Hino fucking fails

- Pregnant first time and only time she has sex with Kaname. Using Yuuki’s womb as a plot device, for shame.

- Kaname may recover his memories in the future and either die in agony or be saved and helplessly remember all the sad shit he went through.

- 89-92 meaningless filler.

- The children lose their parents. And the girl is Kaname’s daughter so she’s a pureblood and will eventually lose her brother too and live through all those painful pb issues. Like having to kill herself eventually because immortality is painful. Does Aidou and co’s ‘medicine’ resolve that issue? NOPE

And if we were going to get Zeki endgame anyway, all that bullshit Zero memory loss and Yume sex shouldn’t have been published because it’s just embarrassingly bad writing. Cut out 88-92, purebloods attack at the ball in 87 - skip straight to 93. There, fixed it for you

IA, I think cutting out those chaps would of reduced the hate towards the ending quite a bit.
Re: Kaname and his memories, looking at Yuuki's experience of being turned human you would think that turning Kaname into a human is doomed to be a bad idea eventually. But I bet that according to some magic Hino logic that it all turns ok and Kaname is happy, that was the whole point of Yuuki turning him into a human. It's illogical I know but I am sure that is what Hino intends for fans to take away from that mess.
As for the children losing their parents, well, at this stage you would assume Yuuki and Zero had lived for years and that their children have also enjoyed their parents company for a long time - parents can't live forever after all.
It's bad for Kaname's daughter as you said since she is a pureblood but perhaps she finds another pureblood to share eternity with her which reduces the loneliness. Also, I guess if Kaname does regain his memories and reverts back to being a pureblood she gets her father back lol.
May 22, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
obviouslygeeky said:

IA, I think cutting out those chaps would of reduced the hate towards the ending quite a bit.
Re: Kaname and his memories, looking at Yuuki's experience of being turned human you would think that turning Kaname into a human is doomed to be a bad idea eventually. But I bet that according to some magic Hino logic that it all turns ok and Kaname is happy, that was the whole point of Yuuki turning him into a human. It's illogical I know but I am sure that is what Hino intends for fans to take away from that mess.
As for the children losing their parents, well, at this stage you would assume Yuuki and Zero had lived for years and that their children have also enjoyed their parents company for a long time - parents can't live forever after all.
It's bad for Kaname's daughter as you said since she is a pureblood but perhaps she finds another pureblood to share eternity with her which reduces the loneliness. Also, I guess if Kaname does regain his memories and reverts back to being a pureblood she gets her father back lol.

I feel like she ran out of steam completely towards the end. Bad plot twists then reversals, confusing the fandom and keeping everyone in painful suspense, instead of closing all the gapping plotholes she created for herself in the little space she had left.

I get what your saying about how parents don't live forever. I just don't like how she died. :)
VesperlyndMay 24, 2013 4:21 AM
May 22, 2013 11:40 PM

Apr 2011
hmmm, looks like Zero became a substitute for Kaname because he's in his deep slumber.. If Kaname was awake, it will be a Yuuki-Kaname end... sigh.. Can't Zero deserve better than Yuuki :|

Nah, it doesn't matter.. as long as Zero's happy, I'm fine with it (even though I'm not really XDDD)
May 23, 2013 1:41 AM
Jan 2013
pp813 said:

Seriously, I am not surprised that Yuki got pregnant in one night. The author also got to take account that Kaname did not use his little brother for f***king 1000 YEARS. Of course his hunger for sex stack up exponentially.

To me, there is no moral value in hooking on his sister. Maybe, it is alright in the vampire world but we are the humans being who are reading it. We are cultured and have moral values. I do not care what others think, but I am absolutely disgusted seeing the sex scene and I feel that the author did not pay attention to how the reader might feel. It makes people feels that this form of romance is encouraged in real life. I am also utterly disappointed at seeing some readers at this forum thinking it is okay like this. I completely lost my respect for kaname. I know a 1000 years without using his manhood is painful but why didn't he do it with other girls and why must it be yuki, his only sister.

As for zero, he should be fueled by his desire for revenge on kaname for indirectly murdering his parents and instead of being okay about it.
May 23, 2013 3:46 AM

Jul 2009
Can't believe it! What a disappointment!!!
Really, I would be happy if Zero end up with any girl, less Yuuki, plus having to accept a pure blood child, when he was a hunter and fought pure bloods...
Also, treesome kind of ending, had sex with Kaname end up with Zero...what a shame Yuuki! Zero was always there for you, you should have died before even having the chance to stay with him...
This serie was dead for me for a long time now, Zero was the only reason why I kept reading it.
May 23, 2013 4:20 AM

Sep 2008
I need vampire who erase my memories about Vampire Knight.
May 23, 2013 6:54 AM
Jan 2013
Okay I'll try to remain calm (lol) and give some constructive criticism : WTF ???
The one whom I expected to survive (Zero) dies ???? I thought he was an indispensible person in the hunter association . I am so surprised even though some of it was predictable like the partial (?) Zeki end .
Can't wait to read the translated scans .
So Kaname will become a single father (lol) ???? Damn it , it's not that funny it's almost sad (T T) but i am sure Aidou will be more than glad to give a helping hand to his Kaname senpai . so it's Kanai (KanamexAidou) end lol .
Who even predicted that ???
May 23, 2013 7:44 AM
May 2013
seriously......is this how 'vampire knight' will end...........whenever i read new chapter i always felt my heart quiver until i finished reading and after....hope i don't get a heart attack this time
May 23, 2013 8:10 AM
May 2013
HL2290 said:
pp813 said:

Seriously, I am not surprised that Yuki got pregnant in one night. The author also got to take account that Kaname did not use his little brother for f***king 1000 YEARS. Of course his hunger for sex stack up exponentially.

To me, there is no moral value in hooking on his sister. Maybe, it is alright in the vampire world but we are the humans being who are reading it. We are cultured and have moral values. I do not care what others think, but I am absolutely disgusted seeing the sex scene and I feel that the author did not pay attention to how the reader might feel. It makes people feels that this form of romance is encouraged in real life. I am also utterly disappointed at seeing some readers at this forum thinking it is okay like this. I completely lost my respect for kaname. I know a 1000 years without using his manhood is painful but why didn't he do it with other girls and why must it be yuki, his only sister.

As for zero, he should be fueled by his desire for revenge on kaname for indirectly murdering his parents and instead of being okay about it.

Kaname never murdered his parents, what is this I don't even.

This whole incest thing is a moot point, he's not even her brother, he's an old ancestor ( his junk hasn't been used in 10000 years not 1000 ( Yuuki's parents were 3 thousand years old)

Her real brother died soon after birth, kaname just inhabited the vessel ( body ) . The situation is no different than an older male taking a young wife ( extremely common for the longest time in society ) .

Juri asked Kaname to protect yuki and one of the easiest ways to do that is through marriage and cohabitation for sure. He did a poor job though, hey guises lemme give my heart yo.

And let me remind you that Juri and Haruka are brother and sister as well, purebloods need to keep the blood going and with all this political intrigue usually the person you would trust the most would be your own family.

The only thing I'm in agreement with is how poorly the conclusion was written, the author just didn't kno where to go after all the twists. It's a shame but it sometime happens. But almost everyone agrees with that point.
May 23, 2013 9:21 AM
Feb 2013
The full raw is here!!!! *screaming like crazy* I already edit the first post so check it out!
May 23, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2009
LittleStar said:

please, if you find one tell me lol
May 23, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2011
bittersweetlove said:
LittleStar said:

No, cause if we have our memory erased we may end up reading this piece of shit all over again by complete accident since we dont know how bad it actually gets again

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 23, 2013 9:41 AM
Feb 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
bittersweetlove said:
LittleStar said:

No, cause if we have our memory erased we may end up reading this piece of shit all over again by complete accident since we dont know how bad it actually gets again

*ROFLMAO* Oh God, I can't breath! LOL
May 23, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2008
So resuming:
Group hug. Zeki ending together. Kaname asleep. Yuuki has a daughter from Kaname and a son from Zero. Thousands of years pass. Zero dies. Yuuki gives her life to make Kaname human and he awakes to stay with his "children" who call him "our other dad". Who knows, Kurans like incest, so he might marry his own daughter. (Hino should have made Zero's son a female, LOOOL).

translation: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1028720.html#cutid1

Well, all I have to say is...what a shitty end, as expected. Yuuki remained in love with Kaname and chose Zero because Kaname wasn't available. She has children from both, the new "kiryuu". Hino matsuri didnt have courage to leave one of the guys out.

Finally its over. It was a pleasure to debate VK with you during all these years in these threads. Bless you all, goodbye! Hope to join you in a thread of a better manga.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
The first pages where Kaname throughs his heart in the fire was so heartbreaking. I'm getting a headache because of all the crying I did since yesterday.
I agree that there were a lot of plot holes. The end was rushed, we got no answers, more plot holes were created and not surprising at all, the LT never ended. There are so many flaws, yet the ending is growing on me.
I kinda understand Yuuki's decisions. Even though Zero was her second choice, she still gave him a happy life and she gave Kaname another chance to find happiness. Words can't explain how happy I am for Kaname. *Melts remembering the last page*
Even the "Titanic" ending for YuMe is growing on me.
I'm neither disappointed nor satisfied. I hope Hino-sensei improves her storytelling for her new project. Her gorgeous art is perfect already. ^-^
May 23, 2013 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
So I read the translations,the beginning of the chapter was Yume,the ending was Yume and then in the middle of the chapter a few pages of Zeki that seems to have been put there for the sake of the shippers.
I'm glad Kaname was able to atone for his mistakes,and it's also good Zero had a happy life.I was disappointed that some of the other characters didn't get the attention they deserve,some of them even did more than some of the main characters..well the ending is rushed and left a lot of plot holes so no surprise there.
I don't like how Zero told Yuuki that he won't wait for her/let her take her time,and told her to say that she will be with him.What?that's her choice and not to be forced on her (I don't think it was,but it feels like he would have had no problem doing it),and in general he didn't really let his pride hold him back did he?I suppose that's both good and bad,eh.
I hope Kaname will be happy for now on,his words in the end give me hope that he will.
This ending is really disappointing,in many ways,but the manga has been disappointing for a while now,so.I'm glad it finally ended.
May 23, 2013 2:52 PM
Mar 2012
LittleStar said:

LOL! Same here
May 23, 2013 4:15 PM

Oct 2008
I reeeeeally hope the daughter is from Zero. If not... I will cut someone.
Zero is happy in the end, so I'm happy... I guess. I mean, he's basically Kaname's replacement and is fine with that...
ZERO, HAVE A LITTLE SELF-WORTH. >_<
And wait... 1000 years passed? Does that mean that's how long Zero ended up living?
How is that even possible... O_o
May 23, 2013 4:46 PM
Mar 2011
Why do people think one of them in Kaname's

They should be both zero and yuuki's

Yuuki has always loved zero
She has always loved Kaname, but it seems more sibling-like

It's not that that love couldn't turn in to something more
It just that Yuuki has always wanted to be zero
she is not happy leaving school
she keeps thinking about zero cooped up in the manor

Her "love" for Kaname it more out of obligation
she's not truly happy
that's why Kaname told yuuki and zero to be together

she led a full life with zero until he died
and sacrifices her life for her brother, who she loves but in a different way
May 23, 2013 5:05 PM
Dec 2012
wow I just can't stop laughing at this... just wow wtf did I just read. Hino trolled everyone so I give her credit on having the guts to piss off two sides at once xD on the good side (from my perspective) at least Zero and Yuuki had a lifetime together and even had kids together so woooo (never has there been a more bittersweet woo). At least thats over with and I got the laughing time of a century. Congrats KaYu's imo you got trolled just like the Zeki's got it in ch 89. Again I say wtf and proceed to laugh my a** off. And I agree Yuuki didn't deserve Zero but Zero damn well earned his happiness.
ragingxMay 23, 2013 5:09 PM
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
May 23, 2013 5:28 PM
Oct 2011
Well, it's been a long ride coming. I kind of liked the beginning, then the middle was eh, wasn't bad. But the ending..I guess I feel a little bit of relief and sad that it has ended. Shame there wasn't exactly a 'happy ending' atmosphere. Overall, nostalgia kicked in and refrained me from criticizing it more.
May 23, 2013 5:53 PM
Dec 2008
Now when it comes to a good story, I like a good solid conclusion or something almost completely open-ended. Matsuri Hino does not succeed in either of these categories.
There doesn't seem to be any true conclusion imo because there is still a power struggle between the humans and the vampires in order to coexist. This "cure" that has suddenly and out of nowhere seems to appear and after thousands of years is completed? Wth! I thought that the vampires in the series were a different species (with the superpowers) than the humans and the only possible way for vampires to become humans is if a pureblood sacrifices their own life to do so. Just when did vampirism(?) become a disease in this series? Does everyone in this series really think that all vampires suddenly want to become a human, especially the purebloods that are trying to conquer the world? no... just no... The only conclusion that I got out of this was that Yuki (the supposed center of the story) has died, which isn't satisfying to me in the least.
Do I believe that the ending was open-ended? Not exactly. Like others have stated, what if Kaname were to go though what Yuki did when she was trying to remember what had happened to her? This in all likelihood could happen, as well as living a normal human life. And wait wait wait wait wait... Kaname spoke at the end of the chapter which is all fine and good, but if he should have lost all of his memories like Yuki, wouldn't he have to start from scratch all over again? He shouldn't have been able to speak or even understand the words the children were conveying to him. Speaking of the kids, were they really ok with their mother just sacrificing herself for the father that they never even knew or will ever truly know? Vampire Knight was suupposed to be centered around Yuki, so now that she is dead, what really is left? Imo, unanswered questions revolved around contradictions.
My Personal Ratings of this series
For the first part of the series before Yuki leaves the school: 4/5 = Plot was very consistent. All questions that we have been dying to know since the series began seem to have been answered. Yuki ends up with her dream man, and both are happy. I wanted her to end up with Zero before the end of this part but even so, If the series ended here I would have been happy with it. Ending would have been totally open-ended but would have had a solid conclusion imo.
For the second part of the series (one year after Yuki leaves): 1/5 = I actually think that I am giving this half too high of a rating. Yuki becomes unlikable by yo-yoing between Kaname and Zero throughout. She seems to have become more selfish and more babylike, not being able to fend for herself. She seems to do absolutely nothing, and constantly depends on one of her two boy-toys to get things done. At this point, like many others, I wanted Zero to settle down with some other nice girl and live a happy life, not some girl who is constantly flip-flopping. There doesn't seem to be a plot for this second half, and once we seem to have a glimmer of one it suddenly goes up in smoke. Back to flip-flopping, Kaname goes from good guy to bad to good to bad, etc. which became totally confusing once I would start picking back up the series every now and again. Even by the end of the series, there are many unanswered questions and ALOT of scenarios that should not have been included at all.
Final Chapter: 1.5/5 = Even though I've been ranting on and on about how dissatisfying the final chapter was for me, I do like how the characters turned out in the end. Although I didn't want Zero to end up w/ Yuki anymore due to how she flip-flopped between him and Kaname, I don't exactly feel as though she only chose Zero as a replacement. It probably took quite a long time for Yuki to come to terms with her own brothers death and also time to realize how she truly felt about Zero and her brother. It's sad how nothing was really specified about how much time Yuki really was together with Zero or when he had died. (If I had to take a guess as to when he died it was probably not long before Yuki went to visit his grave because she was going to bury two halfs of the bloody rose w/ Ichiro and their parents. I could most definitely be wrong so this is just guessing on my part.) I guess what i'm trying to get at is although we didn't get to see how Yuki and Zero lived, they both lived happy lives with their two kids. Zero died, and sometime after, she decided that she had lived enough of her life and now that there is a "cure" (I still can't accept this) she believes that her brother can now live a truly happy life as a human without the worries of vampires.
Overall: 2.5/5 = Although part two was for the most part truly terrible for me, it was still a good read. Would I read through it once more? Probably, at least part one. This is definitely one of the manga that I would put in my "top 10 most infuriating manga" list. Please remember that everything written here is my own personal opinion and i'm sticking to it. To those who have stayed with this series all the way to the end like I did, Congratualtions :D
May 23, 2013 5:59 PM

Dec 2011
I was reading the last chapter and then I looked at the website. It said "Vampire Knight 93 (END)". I was so surprised, I fell off my chair.
I suppose it's just because I've never been able to imagine an end to Vampire Knight after so long and while the series may not be amazing, I still love it.

The end was really nice, I feel kind of sad that it is over D':
SatsuyoMay 23, 2013 6:07 PM
May 23, 2013 6:14 PM

Jun 2012
HOLY FUCK. IT'S OVER???? :O
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
May 23, 2013 6:16 PM
Jul 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOW COULD THIS BE
KANAME IS ALL ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
May 23, 2013 6:20 PM

Mar 2011
Llght said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOW COULD THIS BE
KANAME IS ALL ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*happy
*able to live an enjoyable life
*no longer plagued with suffering
*finally able to live freely as a human
*relieved of the memories of his painful past
*now allowed to find true love
*GODDAMN LUCKY
May 23, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
Fuck this shit
May 23, 2013 6:46 PM
Feb 2013
seriously, I'm hating Yuuki with my whole heart but I think this is the best ending,I'm even shocked that I'm actually agree for the ending. I think Zero lived in happiness until he died without the thirst, no need to sacrifice anything, lived with yuuki and his children (of course the girl is Kaname but I think he loved her the same). of course some people really hate it since it seems like Zero is like replacement but I think Yuuki loved Zero the same as Kaname and of course Zero being Zero gonna accept that (pure and kind-hearted Zero is the reason I loved him so much)

afterall Yuuki already accept her punishment, since no matter which her choice, her thirst can't really be fullfilled until she died and lift Kaname curse to live and die as normal human. Since those children looked so much like Yuuki and Zero, it seems like those two are still alive (btw, the girl looked prettier than yuuki and their chilren might be couple,XD)

as a KaZe craze fangirl, can't help squealing while Zero looked disappointed and sad with Kaname decision and a lil' bit hug,XD. of course Zero is too much radiance for his own good, Zero i'm gonna miss you!!!!

this threesome ending is the best ending for me since no Zero suffering for me, just happiness and that's the most important. approved all the couple that exist in this story. I can't wait for the ending but now I felt kinda empty because there's no Zero to wait anymore T___T
May 23, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2011
Ah, so it's end.

Damn, I really gonna miss this.
May 23, 2013 7:06 PM
Feb 2013
I called her getting pregnant. Ugh.

Never once did I feel like she really loved Zero or chose him. It was disgusting. Worse romance manga. Worst heroine. Vampires suck.
May 23, 2013 7:07 PM
May 2013
REALLY !!!!! REALLY!!!!!! That's how she's gonna end it
She just pissed off a bunch of fans where the hell was Isaya
His heart wasn't good enough to throw into the furnace
and what is the point in leaving a message if he isn't going
remember anything Yuuki Who?!!! Not my kid he says!!!
I have been reading this manga for years now I feel like
It was for nothing Yuuki if your going to leave him a love message
Then just send his kid NOT someone else's especially his rivals
why couldn't hino do separate alternate endings for both Yume
And zeki fans instead of this now I feel like I wasted a lot of
Time reading what USED to be my favorite manga my yume dream
Has ended. T _ T cries beautiful artwork crappy ending
May 23, 2013 7:12 PM

Dec 2008
LMFAOOOOOOOO!!!!!! OH MY GOD! LOLOLOLOL!!!
What a bad ending! That was awful! After the Ridou arc, things went to pure crap. So bad.
Yuuki's such an awful character.
Zero deserved WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that stupid bitch and her stupid obsession with the stupid pureblood.
3/10.

loki_16 said:
Fuck this shit

Basically this.
sarroushMay 23, 2013 7:17 PM
May 23, 2013 7:42 PM
May 2013
sarroush said:
LMFAOOOOOOOO!!!!!! OH MY GOD! LOLOLOLOL!!!
What a bad ending! That was awful! After the Ridou arc, things went to pure crap. So bad.
Yuuki's such an awful character.
Zero deserved WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that stupid bitch and her stupid obsession with the stupid pureblood.
3/10.

loki_16 said:
Fuck this shit

Basically this.
I agree with the exception of kaname being stupid
I am a yume fan but I still like Zero
cherryblossom123May 23, 2013 7:47 PM
May 23, 2013 7:46 PM

May 2010
bittersweetlove said:
Can't believe it! What a disappointment!!!
Really, I would be happy if Zero end up with any girl, less Yuuki, plus having to accept a pure blood child, when he was a hunter and fought pure bloods...
Also, treesome kind of ending, had sex with Kaname end up with Zero...what a shame Yuuki! Zero was always there for you, you should have died before even having the chance to stay with him...
This serie was dead for me for a long time now, Zero was the only reason why I kept reading it.

Same.

I enjoyed these parts;

I am still confused tho, Zero and Yuki lived, years passed by, (Yuuki never got with Zero?!) Zero died, Yuki died, and Kaname lived?! What the hell? And she still only loved him? >_>

I read VK for Zeki and now.........
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 23, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2010
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v16/c093/16.html

Maybe Yuuki wanted him too atone for his sins( which is sad but IDC for Kaname)

I loved the fact that Yuuki and Zero moments, I thought Yuuki had two kids with Zero. Ahhhhh I need this in color.

I kept reading for Zero yet another character that needed to be really loved.
I am seriously disappointed ,Zero helped her so much yet this birth ( oh Kaname this ,and don't die ugh)

FTW RosyxZero
May 23, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2013
Lalalandzz said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Here's come the end of our long journey guys...The last chapter is hereeeee!!!!

Full chapter 93 [RAW]: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2346437468

Translation [This is NOT a direct Japanese-English translation!]: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1028720.html

Main events:
- Kaname will not die after he throws his heart into furnace. He gives his blessings to both Zero and Yuuki before he goes into deep slumber (trio hugs!). [Mostly contains YuMe moments]
- The fight between vampire and hunter is over. The building is crumbled down and all hunter weapons are shattered. (Zero, again saves our heroin's ass because well, Yuuki...is being Yuuki with her shattered Artemis *face-palm*)
- Aidou preserves Kaname's body with his ice and discovers researches on a cure that can turn vampires into humans in Kuran family library (written by Kaname). [Mostly contains ZeKi moments]
- Possibly future pairings!?: The scene captured both KaitoxYori and YagarixSeiren in one panel XD. (Oh God, the scene where Maria looks at Zero with unrequited love makes me cry! To hell with Yuuki!)
- Cross Academy is finally back to normal. The scene shows Grandma Yori is telling her grandchildren about vampires and her old days with Yuuki. It also implied ShikixRima and KainxRuka ending.
=========1,000 years have passed=========
- Yuuki ends up with Zero until his last breath.
- Yuuki bears two children; One girl and one boy. (Probably older sister is Kaname's and younger brother is Zero's) and takes both of them to visit Zero's grave.
- Yuuki also takes them to where Kaname is still in his deep slumber (Despite Aidou finishing the cure, Kaname's heart, taken back from the furnace, can't withstand the effect of the cure, nor can it even wake him up) and dies THANK GOD! giving her life to turn Kaname into human and left messages for him to her children.
- Kaname wakes up and his human life begins! (with no memories?)

THE END!

Thank you for explaining! I was needing this, 'cause I was completely like "wtf did just happen?"
May 23, 2013 8:16 PM
Dec 2011
I really do feel like I need to go to the psychiatric ward after reading this, my mind has been utterly destroyed >.>
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.