Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2013 7:38 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing first episode. Of cousre it's a classic good vs evil fantasy setting, but very fresh, in the art, the animation and the characters. Looks like it's going to be a great watch.
Oct 25, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like how they skipped the part about Endon's and Jarred's past at the start.
There were so much feels in this part if the first book.
And since they have 65 episodes, they should have had the time to do that.
Maybe they just wanted to get started right away :)

I personally don't think that the anime is going to fulfill my expectations, since Deltora Quest is one of my favorite book series.

Some of the characters look exactly like I imagined, others (like Lief) do not.
In the sub I watched, I also didn't like some of the gem location translations.
(But that's sub, not the anime :D)

Anyway, feels good to see this animated.
I think they will have quite a few filler episodes, since 65 episodes is quite a lot when half of the first book already happened in the 1st episode.
Nov 21, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
Better than expected animation. The setting is generic fantasy, but I can see that being entertaining for some time - however, I hope things become a little more unique in the next dozen episodes. The music didn't impress me that much, but the direction is solid. The art style is also interesting. Looks a bit inspired by western animation.

EDIT: Nevermind to the music being unimpressive. I'm usually a supporter of dubs as I don't always like reading subtitles, but the dubbed version's soundtrack is butchered beyond belief. The dub's soundtrack sounds cheaply synthesized, making the whole atmosphere of the show feel dull. The subbed version, however, feels much better realized and is certainly closer to the director's original vision.
Go with the subbed version. A rewatch in the dub version may be worth it though.

EDIT 2: And hell is it hard to find the english subs. I've found 1-23 on YouTube, 24-26 from some download, and 53-65 on YouTube. Dub only goes to the 52. The voices aren't bad by the way, it's just the soundtrack that is far inferior.
BlokeTokesNov 21, 2014 7:09 PM
Jun 9, 2019 4:55 PM

Nov 2016
Aaah. Classic premise and fantasy setting, but this is pretty much my cup of tea and the little teaser of worldbuilding made me curious. So yeah, I'm quite intrigued so far.

Also like the catchy theme songs.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 11:13 PM

Aug 2018
animation is crappy and slow watch at faster setting on your computer

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deltora Quest Episode 53 Discussion

Guts-Valley - May 21, 2022

0 by Guts-Valley »»
May 21, 2022 10:38 PM

Poll: » Deltora Quest Episode 5 Discussion

FMmatron - Jun 10, 2019

2 by Guts-Valley »»
May 18, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Deltora Quest Episode 3 Discussion

EratiK - May 22, 2013

4 by Guts-Valley »»
Apr 30, 2022 11:33 PM

Poll: » Deltora Quest Episode 2 Discussion

MasterQuest - Oct 25, 2013

2 by Guts-Valley »»
Apr 30, 2022 11:25 PM

» Is this worth watching or should I just read the books?

myrmidon_mamori - Mar 16, 2022

1 by EzNoxo17 »»
Mar 16, 2022 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.