Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2013 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
Bought a 3ds specifically for this game and have had it for about a week now and it is AWESOME.
Having heard raving reviews and being a long-time fan of the series, my expectations were sky-high, but it has met all of them and more.

Besides the awesome scope of customization and post-game content, one other thing that blew my mind was the voice-cast in the game.
You guys may be familiar with - Ono Daisuke, Tomokazu Sugita, Miyuki Sawashiro and Kana Asumi for example
The main thing that blows my mind though, is that characters in FE Awakening have very little voice acting, mostly just sighs and yells.
Isn't that kind of like casting Brad Pitt as Link in a zelda series?
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
May 15, 2013 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
They do have some voice acting in the cut scenes, but I know what you mean!

This is the first Fire Emblem I've even tried out. I think the series is great, but I'm not into SRPGs and was worried about permadeath. Awakening is great because it's so accessible to all kinds of fans.

I recently bought it and I really enjoyed it! I hope Nintendo gives us the casual mode in future FE games, because it'll mean I'll actually be able to play them.
May 18, 2013 3:42 AM
Aug 2012
I'm a long time Fire Emblem gamer. The wait for Awakening in Australia almost killed me. I consider it the best fire emblem game to date.

BUT!!....
The DLC's of Awakening are absolutely pathetic.
Day 1 DLC....Pulling off an EA...
Why would we need grinding maps when we can repeatedly replay another DLC?
Unlocking characters from previous FE games who have no support options therefore boring to use.
Fan-service DLC...Really Japan... Jesus the dialogue in the DLC...The way they treat me...

DLC could have been an opportunity to add additional arcs and more support (which they sorta do in Harvest Bonds, but doesn't help characters like Say'ri and Tiki). The only DLC I should have bought is Future of Despair pack.

I still love Awakening...But the DLC's...Sheesh!
May 18, 2013 6:51 AM

Jul 2012
yeah, so far the only dlc's i have (i'm in australia as well) are
- the champions of yore, which gives 3 old fire emblem characters but with no voices or supports and all stat +2 skill
- a map for farming gold and a map for grinding exp
- two fanservice maps
yeah... waiting on the rogues and redeemers dlc maps, i heard they're really hard.

spotpass on the other hand has added two bonus maps and two bonus characters with supports that can marry a female my unit if you so choose (and if she isn't married already).

i've never seen this future of despair pack though
9tailjezaMay 18, 2013 6:58 AM
i don't know everything
May 18, 2013 12:11 PM

Feb 2005
The dialogue and extra hard maps are alright imo, but yea, the grinding stuff and the extra character maps were pretty meh. Even if I had played all the other FE games and recognised all the cameo characters, it's not as if they were more than a picture and a couple of lines of dialogue.

Definitely agree they should give more content like more support for the late-game characters or proper campaigns.

But ohwell, great game anyways. I've been grinding skills ans supports for a while now, 80 hours in and still haven't bothered finishing the story haha. Been a while since I got this hooked on something.
May 18, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2010
The add is hella annoying, making MAL unbearably slow.
May 21, 2013 5:35 AM

Jul 2012
doing support farming playthroughs... there are so many freaking supports. each child has a seperate set of support conversations with each of their potential parents. each my unit can propose to every single character of the other gender...
can't completely finish until all the spotpass maps come out but.
i don't know everything
May 21, 2013 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
I have only just started the game, my brother bought it so he had first dibs. He played it for about a week straight, would not put it down. I have long been a fan of Fire Emblem, so I am really looking forward to this.
Eyes always lose their fire

Dec 18, 2021 4:07 PM
Dec 2017
I always really wanted to try this game out. I hope i do someday.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3512 by Strahan »»
22 minutes ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
24 minutes ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

13 by Strahan »»
29 minutes ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.