Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2017 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
It would be shame if Balsa tripped or threw the egg too early xD
Glad it's not like that

Now off to the final episode
I hope they're all safe and sound
I don't know what's the empreror's order to Shuga, I hope it's not something bad
"Signature removed"
Aug 20, 2017 9:55 AM
Nov 2010
They thought there were only a few of those things first, so why did they all risk taking that flower's nectar at once? Tanda enabling the first kill already showed that there's no need for such a risk. Also, they could've had some in reserve for the shaman, for example.

Instead of, for example, the army coming to help in time, they just find a way to battle that army of monsters by themselves. This could've been discovered fairly easily in the previous centuries, too. The dawn coming right on time was a bit convenient.

I find it good that it wasn't necessarily THE bird that helped them out.
Aug 8, 2018 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, that was quite the episode. Loved it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 28, 2018 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
It was epic, Tanda was important to the end too, I never expected something like this when I first started this story, it was said he had no spiritual aptitude, but he was able to do what Torogai wasn't, and linked everyone to Nayug.

Their fight against that horde of La Lungas was pretty epic too, it was only a matter of time before they were ripped apart, but the sun rose, and everything was alright, even the Nahji came, and the egg was successfully brought into this world. Poor little bear cub though. Welp, now there's only the end left.
Sep 19, 2019 9:25 AM

May 2015
Contgrats Chagum! It's a boy!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
The penultimate episode for the show was beautiful, unique and superbly thought out and executed. It definitely feels unconventional since it doesn't have an exact final boss other than the egg eaters trying to get Chagum, and there's no exact hero that saves the day since in a sense, Chagum, Balsa and Tanda all saved the day in unglamorous but brilliantly written ways.

Chagum wanting to give birth to the spirit and survive, Balsa keeping her promise to return by Chagum's side, Tanda putting his body on the line to actually combat the first strike against the egg eaters and conceiving the idea of everyone eating the sig saluas to be able to see and fight, hell even Shuga only was able to give information in the end and not actually fight himself along with Torogai.

The scene where Balsa and Tanda assist Chagum with giving birth to the spirit and then once done, having Balsa throw the egg to the sky to have one of the birds catch and fly away with it was amazingly done (you could even assume that the bird that Sagum let fly away before his death could be the one to catch the egg that was given birth by Chagum). Chagum legitimately felt like a parent to that egg and you could say, really matured throughout the show to embrace the egg rather than use it as a tool to feel pity and depression for himself given how no one could understand what he was going through.

Seirei no Moribito doesn't take the classic approach that most people expect and get excited by with the final battle, but what it does take is a beautiful one. Uehashi's vision of folklore and Kamiyama's vision of bonds between characters (especially when creating the original episodes that were used to fill the gaps in the best way possible) merged really beautifully to conceive such a great penultimate episode that delivered extremely highly in the folklore, supernatural, fantasy side to the story while characterizing Chagum, Balsa and the others in such satisfying ways too.

One more episode to go, and man I'm sad already that I'll be done with this rewatch. This was a great show when I first saw it but kind of forgot about it over the years, now I'll never be able to forget it. Truly one of the most captivating and beautiful shows I've ever seen in my entire life.
Feb 7, 2023 3:07 AM

Sep 2016
That was a nice climax. Although, that birth scene was awkward. lol
Sep 7, 2023 9:24 PM
Oct 2021
How I see this story so far
Chagum, the single mother who got impregnated by some bastard and was struck with stigma and death but escaped.
Was helped to deliver his baby in the presence of his adopted parents only to be taken away by the law for child abuse.
It's a win-win. I'm the highest in the room.
Sep 7, 2023 9:26 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to extralie
That was a nice climax. Although, that birth scene was awkward. lol
@extralie I know😭😭😭

It was almost like a real child birth scene ngl but with way too much VA cringe imo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 14 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 16, 2007

38 by Safrichh »»
May 15, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 18, 2007

55 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.