Forum Settings
Forums

What country are you from? Why do you like it? Hate it?

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 20, 2014 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
Heredity said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Yeah I heard about that part of nastiness. It seems they are doing everything to screw up the world within the next 20 years or less.

oh, the currently australian government is giving the ok to a lot of terrible things. lots of current members of parliament have ties in the business world who use their connections to bring in extra money to the nation's budget. even forest area in victora/tasmania is potentially set to be un-protected, allowing the government to sell it to whoever they wish. it's awful.

Lol in the words of GWB Jr

"The Future? Why should I care I won't be alive then." Its not just them but all over the place things like this is going down, even some rumors on the fracking in the US says in some of those parts Toxic and nuclear waste is being used to pump out the oil.
Mar 20, 2014 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
I am from the great RED WHITE AND BLUE (WITH 50 STARS)

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!
Mar 20, 2014 8:25 PM

Aug 2009
I'm am American! I'm not going to let a bunch of self righteous Europeans hold me down!

Row! Row! Fight the Powah!

Mar 20, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
Jackrabb1t said:
America.

Things I love:

Things I hate: Corruption. Everything is more expensive than it should be here, since everyone wants your hard-earned money. I hate not having a say anymore in my own country's governance. They say we can still vote, they say the system isn't broken, they say a lot of things to keep people drugged and complacent. I hate how hard it is right now to find a decent job. I hate how expensive an education is, and how poor the quality of that education is. I hate that everyone goes to college now; it gives the illusion that everyone is well-educated, whereas in reality most of them just absorb whatever they are told without really thinking about it. I hate how bitter the people here are becoming due to the deteriorating economy, loss of housing, cost of healthcare, etc. I hate the fact that certain people in positions of power seem to think that we should police the whole world, and that it's OK to throw away American lives for nothing and stick our noses into every conflict whether we are wanted there or not.
It's been too long since we added a state and we haven't annexed Canada yet.
fixed/heh
EeyoreMar 20, 2014 8:40 PM
Mar 20, 2014 8:42 PM

Jun 2011
Pooh-pooh said:
Jackrabb1t said:
America.

Things I love:

Things I hate: Corruption. Everything is more expensive than it should be here, since everyone wants your hard-earned money. I hate not having a say anymore in my own country's governance. They say we can still vote, they say the system isn't broken, they say a lot of things to keep people drugged and complacent. I hate how hard it is right now to find a decent job. I hate how expensive an education is, and how poor the quality of that education is. I hate that everyone goes to college now; it gives the illusion that everyone is well-educated, whereas in reality most of them just absorb whatever they are told without really thinking about it. I hate how bitter the people here are becoming due to the deteriorating economy, loss of housing, cost of healthcare, etc. I hate the fact that certain people in positions of power seem to think that we should police the whole world, and that it's OK to throw away American lives for nothing and stick our noses into every conflict whether we are wanted there or not.
It's been too long since we added a state and we haven't become part of Canada yet.
fixed/heh

Double fixed.

Mar 20, 2014 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
SolBlade said:
Pooh-pooh said:
Jackrabb1t said:
America.

Things I love:

It's been too long since we added a state and we haven't invaded Canada yet.
fixed/heh

Double fixed.

Permanently fixed.

I heard your dollar lost some of its worth. lol
Mar 20, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
Fiction-S said:
SolBlade said:
Pooh-pooh said:
Jackrabb1t said:
America.

Things I love:

fixed/heh

Double fixed.

Permanently fixed.

We'd have annexed Canada a long time ago, but apparently that would mean we'd have to start drinking milk from a bag like you guys. That's just too radical a lifestyle change for most Americans to handle.
Mar 20, 2014 9:23 PM

Mar 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
Fiction-S said:
SolBlade said:
Pooh-pooh said:
Jackrabb1t said:
America.

Things I love:

fixed/heh

Double fixed.

Permanently fixed.

We'd have annexed Canada a long time ago, but apparently that would mean we'd have to start drinking milk from a bag like you guys. That's just too radical a lifestyle change for most Americans to handle.

I'll have you know that my superior and glorious Canadian milk comes in a carton.
Mar 21, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
Woah, I expected more Spaniards posting at this!
Here I go:

SPAIN

Like:
-FOOD, best food in Europe along Italian.
-Weather
-Nice people
-Medical science investigation
-Spanish language
-Cheap fruit
-Big otaku community
-Respect and acceptance for gay people and gay marriage
-Many museums and artistic places
-Nice Beaches

Hate:
-Politicians, no matter the party
-Our King, and monarchy
-Education system changes everytime a new party wins elections
-Low salaries
-Home expropiations
-Corruption
-Privatization of healthcare ;_;
-No money for libraries
-Xenophobic people, mostly at small towns and mostly if you are dark skinned or asian
-Some organizations behind the cons are corrupt and fraudulent
-No employment
-Magyar beggars
-People is ignorant and proud of it
-Little people can speak good English
If it has solution, don't bother; and if it hasn't, why bothering?

Do you like manga? http://gunjoteam.com
Mar 24, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
Georgia

What I like:
-The food
-Different types of people
-Places I can go to meet people
-Concert venues
-Starbucks and other cafes
-Coca cola factory

What I hate:
-Snobbish rich people
-How you have to pay for tuition first before going to college
-Poor streets needing repair
-Intolerance towards LGBT people
-Impolite and short-tempered people
-Hit and run accidents
-Corrupt politicians
"Say it again, but sexier." - TRQ

Mar 24, 2014 12:58 PM
Apr 2013
Wow really no Korea as I expected...but I live in Germany

Korea:
One of the most shittiest place to live in probably. Very strict education. Limited good jobs to only those who graduate from the top 5 universities. Not that great payment from work. No anime community since watching anime = otaku = segregated from the society. Most tend to "hide" their true selves just to fit in the society (probably).

Home of e-sports! Pretty good place to enjoy and have some fun if you're used to the Korean culture. Stores and everything are open like 24/7.

Germany:
What a crappy language. Crappy education system - you have to choose your path either going to college/university or getting the basic degrees or the shitty degrees after year 4. So much boredom.

Lots of nature to be seen around. Pretty wealthy country.
Mar 24, 2014 1:09 PM
Feb 2013
I'm pretty sure that every country in this world sucks. LoL
Mar 25, 2014 3:31 AM

Jul 2012
The Magical Realm Of Saudi Arabia

Yays:
Cheap gas(Duh), cheap cigs, rampant nepotism, a plethora of dumb people for me to "High Horse" to, free chemo for when i eventually get the big C.

Boos:
Rampant corruption, expensive alkeyhol, ingrained racism, a plethora of potholes, the "Religious" po po, heavy disrespect for authoritah, mountain-sized speed bumps, a lot of smartass people(present company excluded), sand.
I don't even
Mar 25, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2009
Philippines

Unlikes: Corrupt Government
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2014 6:36 AM

Nov 2012
edd2d said:
That's why we must leave the earth.
Mar 25, 2014 7:05 AM
Jan 2014
Krunchy said:
edd2d said:

To mars !
Mar 25, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
Northern Ireland
Good thing- There is a shop called forbidden planet where all manga and stuff is sold and that is about all.
Bad thing- Too much sectarianism, fighting between religion, riots, Gays are still not allowed to donate blood.....not saying I am Gay just saying, politics and most people my age are Knobs......So if you are going to Ireland you should visit the south......or do not come at all.
Decim
'Life really is a mysterious thing. Each and every life spins its own, totally separate tale, yet they become intricately entwined in each other. And no one knows how they will end up'

Kazuki Kazami
'If someone lives, they will surely die. That is the absolute rule of this world'
Mar 25, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
ezaya said:
Philippines

Unlikes: Corrupt Government
Literally this.
Mar 25, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
I'm from the England.

Its cold miserable and the people are all so boring and back stabbing. all people care about is money and undercutting others so they can be on top, its like living on a ferengi planet or something. Laws and police are a joke and the government is screwing the average people up so much we are practically living like Victorian poor people now.

People are literally starving to death because of the government cuts to support and jobs, I myself have suffered its cruel gaze when it comes to the government cutting off your money for no good reason. Those fat cat bastards sitting in parliament laughing to the bank as they screw up a once proud country.
Mar 25, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
Italy
You no more job placement and the schools are too hard
Mar 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
Vancouver / Surrey, Canada

Why I like it: Very well stable government, cheap food (you just have to know how much something would cost you averagely so you don't feel you're ripped off), nice weather (Vanc. specifically), no people in Library so I enjoy my peaceful time.

Why I dislike it: When people are in the library they just talk and barely read books (this crap possess me off quite a lot actually), ONLY 2 ANIME RETAIL STORE IN THE BIGGEST MALL OF THE CITY, not many anime store facility in here so shipping cost more if it's outside the country, nobody my age gives a crap about Anime unless it's quite popular like SnK, Bleach, Naruto, SAO <--- barely even liked
Mar 26, 2014 4:50 AM

Apr 2009
Krunchy said:
edd2d said:

Then go to Soul Society.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2014 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
I'm a German.

--Good things--
Classical literature/ music (germanophone)
Detective conan is subbed

--Bad things--
Americanisation is seen a something good and is supported by the government and organisatons that should stand against it lmao. Ridiculous.
Mar 28, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2013
Turkey, Istanbul

Good things; people are friendly
Bad things, our government, prime minister. people who act like sheeps. Low Education in most of the country. Weed is illegal
Mar 28, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
England
What I like: tea, wildlife and family
What I don't like: everything else, especially the government
Mar 28, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2011
I'm from the Dominican Republic living in USA

Good things : food, beaches, many good things

Bad things : lack of opportunities, crime
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

67 by Rhaelynne »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

28 by tsukareru »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

33 by elgatosaika »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 3 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.