Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 12, 2013 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
So Lucy's eyes go blank when Crux gives her info? I have a feeling there's more to it than that.
Either way, good chapter. Let's see how things develop.

Kanic said:

How did F-Lucy didn't remember the fact that she closed the door since she clearly isn't controlled? I guess the flow of events is once again changing?

Maybe the door was closed when she was sent to the past and she didnt know. Because she mentioned how they were all in prison when the dragons attacked, so going to the past would be the only likely time it could by closed by her.
sarroushApr 12, 2013 7:45 AM
Apr 12, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2008
Kanic said:
Zhou said:
Didn't like Lucy's explanation about Crux investigating Eclipse the whole time but the dragons came through the door and totally wreck shit, great moment for the manga.

Precisely. Once again we thought there would be some light concerning Lucy and her mother...but nope, just crux doing his thing.

Still, the dragons were kick-ass. The rock-y dragon might be a referance to Berserk?

How did F-Lucy didn't remember the fact that she cosed the door since she clearly isn't controlled? I guess the flow of events is once again changing?

Future Lucy was in the dungeons at the time of the gate opening. It's no plothole
Apr 12, 2013 7:45 AM
Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
aos10 said:
Darklight0303 said:
aos10 said:
hmmmm
the question is..Rouge said Lucy will close the door, but future Lucy said she didn't
is that all miss understanding ?
i think Rouge think the dragon come because lucy closed the door, but in fact, lucy didn't close the door,so the dragon came back

Or rogue just wanted Lucy out of the way so the dragons come. Seriously what will it take to stop believing that blatantly evil bastard?

most the villain in Fairy Tail are miss understood guys/girls:
uletear
jillal
laxus
Lyon

Hades, Zero, Jose.

yes,jose was evil, but not bad evil, he don't want to destroy the world
zero, the other self of brain, brain actually was not evil him self
Hades,i think something happen to him make him evil, he didn't want any of that is happening

after seeing natsu dragged into shadow, i remembered the nirvana Ark , the ,aster of cait shelter said evil engulf the nervit and they become evil
rouge was Possessed by "that" black evil thing
Apr 12, 2013 7:45 AM

Mar 2011
@Darklight
Wasn't implying a plothole rather than a new line of events irrelevant to the one of F-Lucy. If not for that then we would assume that present Lucy would die in a couple of days.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Apr 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2008
Kanic said:
@Darklight
Wasn't implying a plothole rather than a new line of events irrelevant to the one of F-Lucy. If not for that then we would assume that present Lucy would die in a couple of days.

Our Lucy will most likely travel back in time too. She has all the knowledge required to stop the Eclipse. She knows the dragons are behind it, she knows the moon will make it so it cannot be controlled AND she knows about Future Rogue who orchestrated the whole thing to begin with.
Apr 12, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2012
apocalypse pls
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Apr 12, 2013 8:09 AM
Apr 2013
I believe Rouge has been possessed by his other self. If you guys can recall, his last battle with Gajeel, his darkness called out to him.

So i reckon, future rogue has been taken over by his dark side. And with the power of darkness, i believe he had the power to consume someone else's dragon slayer magic. ie Sting's Light Dragon Slayer power.
Apr 12, 2013 8:14 AM

Feb 2013
so next question ... We gonna see Igneel Metalicana Grandeene coming on the aid of fiore? Or they will remain idle?

Btw awesome chapter 5/5!!!!
GEE HEE !
Apr 12, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2008
I fear for Lucy's hands.... =S
Apr 12, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
I did not see that one coming...
Apr 12, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2011
awesome chapter ft is becoming more unpredictable each week which is a good thing. anyway can anyone enlighten me am i missing something regarding lucy hand?
Apr 12, 2013 9:03 AM

Oct 2012
indeed the incarnation of epicness. thank you mashima. *bowing*
Apr 12, 2013 9:12 AM

Jul 2007
Kanic said:

How did F-Lucy didn't remember the fact that she cosed the door since she clearly isn't controlled? I guess the flow of events is once again changing?

different timeline, most likely.

Darklight0303 said:

Rogue didn't deny Natsu's accusation of him not coming to save the future. In fact he smirked. So no he is evil. He never acted like someone DESPERATE to change the future once Lucy and the others left. Whether controlled by another or something that's a diff story but his intent was never good. He told them about the so called cannon and he told them to open it ahead of time so it could charge. And that just so happened to be on the EXACT day where the eclipse can fuck with the gate and send it out of control.

And yes I noticed. And I am afraid. Very afraid.

Oh but you see the VERY FACT that natsu called him out on that implies there's more to the story than that. I doubt its as clear cut Hell I woul dnot be surprised on if there were TWO dragon factions - ones coming from the gate and ones Rogue talked about. There are millions of ways this can go.

KurugayaTakuya said:
awesome chapter ft is becoming more unpredictable each week which is a good thing. anyway can anyone enlighten me am i missing something regarding lucy hand?

The hand present-Lucy is using to try to close the gate is the hand Future-Lucy is MISSING.
Apr 12, 2013 9:23 AM

May 2008
I guess thats why the future Lucy said she didnt close the dor , because she couldnt and that brought forth the age of the dragons . I guess Rogue came to stop her from closing the door . What happened to rogue though i really want to know.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 12, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2011
This chapter is freak'n A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! So many twist and a lot of questions: like is F-rouge really the main antagonist of this arc? Will P-lucy lose her arm? Why did F-lucy not remember she closed the gate?(Well this probobly did not happen on her timeline since in her time line they were too late). Will natsu finally kick some dragon a$$?(Hope so)
"When people realize how lonely it is being on their own, they will become kind."
— Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
Apr 12, 2013 9:36 AM

Feb 2012
This could be some wishful thinking hoping dragons will stay around longer but considering the times when Levy talked this day from the future i kinda get the feeling where going to have another time skip to a point in time here dragons are top dogs and only those with magic survived, where the story would go form there i don't know but it's just the feeling i'm getting.
Apr 12, 2013 10:00 AM
Mar 2010
Finally dragons and they're OP, for now.

So eclipse is a gate and not a cannon. Lucy have some good moments this chapter.
Apr 12, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
lul.
all those lucy haters, crawl back into your caves.
Apr 12, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Absolutely loved the idea that instead of the dragons disappearing 14 years ago that the dragon slayers were sent through time. This would explain why both Gajeel and Natsu could not pass the barrier that prevented people older than 80 from coming through the gate (when Laxus was doing his thunder palace thing with the guild). This is what would also explain the logistical problems I have with the timeline and dragon slayers.

I was one of the people saying every chapter that the dragons would come from the gate, so I was glad that Lucy was right to try and close it. I really hope Lucy closes the gate. This will be good for all in my opinion. This way, we have a handful of dragons for the characters to fight, and the world might not be destroyed. I don't know why anyone would want the future that future Levy was describing. Really, I'm not a fan of the only motivation for a character being surviving.

Very good chapter
Apr 12, 2013 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
VentusCross said:
inb4 Natsu and the other Slayers gain Nakama Dragon forms

nah. the manga is going to end with all of our heroines getting trampled over on. sorry, but they all die.
now might as well stop reading, you obviously know what's going to happen.
Apr 12, 2013 10:25 AM
Dec 2012
Now it's the perfect opportunity to kill off some excess weight. "They were eaten by dragons!" doesn't sound too violent for kids.

Wait, actually it does. But I'm sure they won't mind.
Apr 12, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2009
Haven't had time to check the forums of FT. Dragons have finally come out, and it seems a lot clearer now how 10000 dragons will come out of this door. 5 dragons out already, can anyone stop them. Will Natsu come in time to save Lucy from Future Rogue. These are some of the questions that I am thinking of.
But I think this arc will be mainly centred around Lucy going back to the past with Natsu and possibly Wendy where they will stop the dragons, find Zeref, and more will be revealed about Lucy's family.

@darklight: I agree Jose was evil and greedy, Zero was just evil. Hades was a bit more delusional and crazy and a tad less evil - walked onto the wrong path.
Ivan Dreyar, you should add is quite evil, sinister, arrogant, and a fool.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Apr 12, 2013 11:10 AM

Mar 2009
SwordsmanDan said:
Absolutely loved the idea that instead of the dragons disappearing 14 years ago that the dragon slayers were sent through time. This would explain why both Gajeel and Natsu could not pass the barrier that prevented people older than 80 from coming through the gate (when Laxus was doing his thunder palace thing with the guild). This is what would also explain the logistical problems I have with the timeline and dragon slayers.

I was one of the people saying every chapter that the dragons would come from the gate, so I was glad that Lucy was right to try and close it. I really hope Lucy closes the gate. This will be good for all in my opinion. This way, we have a handful of dragons for the characters to fight, and the world might not be destroyed. I don't know why anyone would want the future that future Levy was describing. Really, I'm not a fan of the only motivation for a character being surviving.

Very good chapter

Do you think it's possible for Lucy's mom to be responsible for bringing Dragon Slayers to the future? She died / vanished the day "dragons left" or the day Dragons Slayers came to the future.

Hope that Lucy will keep on going strong in next chapters. I'm sick of her getting beat up and suffer and in the end be saved by Natsu and nakama power. She needs to take her story in her own hands ^_^

About Present Lucy hand. One way or another She will loose it. Price to pay for closing the gates, fight with Rogue or tribute to Zeref so that She could go back in time and fix the future (exchange the arm for passage into the past).
Would Present Lucy sacrifice her Fairy Tail mark to save the past and her friends?
SleepnDreamnApr 12, 2013 11:20 AM
Apr 12, 2013 11:30 AM

Mar 2011
Lucy is Layla and had sex with her dad in order to give birth to herself >:D
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Apr 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2008
Kanic said:
Lucy is Layla and had sex with her dad in order to give birth to herself >:D

oi. Mashima isn't CLAMP
Apr 12, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2009
a very manly chapter, gawd those dragons are OP D:

what u gonna do now ft pussies? >:D

I want the princess to get squashed for some reason :)) one stomp from those beasts and the guild members transform into sardine cans

Guildartz better get back and soon if he wants to make a difference.
Apr 12, 2013 12:51 PM
Jun 2012
So all this time when Igneel and Grandeeney are shown talking to each other about the time will come is in the past? If this is so, then Edolas Grandeeney must be very old or Igneel and Grandeeney are actually hiding out in the future.
Apr 12, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2012
WTF, extreme shit happens even though i saw it coming but still speechless throughout the chapter.. this really give me goosebumps..

F.lucy didnt remember closing the door because theres no1 from future to warn them(so probably they're so carefree at that time), that means they didnt stop the dragon coming out from the gate. so i dont think that multiple timeline exist.. its just the future came to the past to change the past.

now that F.lucy and P.lucy meets the future already alter.
Dark_MessiahApr 12, 2013 1:23 PM

Apr 12, 2013 1:27 PM

Mar 2009
I wonder how will other wounded and exhausted mages react to this dragon invasion. Will they throw their lives away like an idiots or go into hiding and recover first before massive showdown.
Acnologia alone crushed strongest of the Fairy Tail, 5 dragons already can out of the gates and if they stay near them no mage will be able to attack them.

Eclipse gates should still sap any magic from mages nearby right?

I don't get why did Princess put trust into shady looking character like Future Rogue.
Apr 12, 2013 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Here's a thing I don't get...
So in the alternate timeline, Lucy closed the door, and the dragons came.
In this one, she fails to close it, and the dragons still come through.
I'm pretty sure future Rogue witnessed her closing the door in his time, since in the current timeline he was there without the influence of either his future self or F. Lucy. Therefore, there seems to be an inconsistency going on. Hopefully it'll be explained.

Perhaps their actions didn't matter. Perhaps Eclipse would open itself anyway and let the dragons in. Somehow the dragon slayers must have been sent to the future 14 years ago (finally explaining the over 80 year thingie yay). That means in the past they could control the gate, or someone in the future opened it for them.
Apr 12, 2013 1:42 PM
Mar 2013
So I'm like 99% sure that Future Rogue is Acnologia in the making. That would explain his 180 turn in personality. And I'm pretty sure he fits one of the said requirements of 'bathing in too much dragon blood'. Maybe he wanted more dragon blood to 'bath in' because he's killed all the ones from his time. That could mean that the evil aura he gives off could be from his transformation from insane dragon slayer to insane dragon. It could also be the stench of having actually bathed in dragon blood. Maybe he just needs a shower.
Maybe you guys have already agreed on or crossed this theory out. Forgive me. You may punch me five times for my negligence.

Also, if Lucy were to be helped by Zeref, ---to travel through time/save the future/whatever tragedy she'll need help preventing/(tie her shoe?)--- I think the sacrifice would be more than just her arm. In the draft doesn't Zeref say something about her singing a song because she'll never see Natsu again? Then again, I don't think his drafts are very reliable...
You may punch me another five times for my use of unreliable sources.
Apr 12, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2008
SergioSource said:
Here's a thing I don't get...
So in the alternate timeline, Lucy closed the door, and the dragons came.
In this one, she fails to close it, and the dragons still come through.
I'm pretty sure future Rogue witnessed her closing the door in his time, since in the current timeline he was there without the influence of either his future self or F. Lucy. Therefore, there seems to be an inconsistency going on. Hopefully it'll be explained.

Perhaps their actions didn't matter. Perhaps Eclipse would open itself anyway and let the dragons in. Somehow the dragon slayers must have been sent to the future 14 years ago (finally explaining the over 80 year thingie yay). That means in the past they could control the gate, or someone in the future opened it for them.

Lucy didn't close the gate in her timeline. Stop believing that liar. The fact that she didn't close it allowed the dragons to come through so she went back in time confused and desperate.
Apr 12, 2013 2:41 PM
Dec 2012
Dark_Messiah said:

now that F.lucy and P.lucy meets the future already alter.

Not necessarily. Time traveling can be factored into the "regular" timeline. For instance, in OVA #3, we see that the "Memory Days" book exists because the MC's went back in time with it, creating a action loop that fits the present reality (Makarov finds the book, MC's use it 6 years later, book goes back in time, Makarov finds the book). Each MC's interaction with their past selves didn't materially change the present, either.

Given that Charles' prophecies also occur in the present, it seems that you can't change the material facts in the future.

At the end of the day though, it will depend on whether if Mashima will stick with the "deterministic future" or if he'll go with parallel dimensions.

I don't get why did Princess put trust into shady looking character like Future Rogue.

F. Rogue told the Princess what would happen in the tournament, so he used what he knew about the future to dupe the Princess into believing everything he said.
mtgownsApr 12, 2013 2:44 PM
Apr 12, 2013 2:44 PM

Aug 2012
Talk about EPIC!!!!
Crazy thing's about to go down!
C'mon Natsu.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Apr 12, 2013 3:02 PM

Feb 2013
ichiya and nichiya should do a double ikemen attack ! That will OVERKILL the dragons !
GEE HEE !
Apr 12, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
I just watched a review on youtube and I totally agree with what was said.

It is possible that the Dragon Slayers (Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, etc) is from the past with the dragons. They all mentioned that their dragons disappeared at the same time. What could've happened is that something could've messed with their time and throw them in the future and this would've lead them to believe that their dragons just disappeared.

What do you guys think?
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Apr 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
Bring out Zeref, now is the right time, come on man, come on let's go, let's fucking go.
Apr 12, 2013 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
Am I the only one who thinks the dragon looks ugly? lol

It's pretty obvious that they will come out of the Eclipse, 10,000 dragons just suddenly appear that came not from the Eclipse seems really off.

We know what the Eclipse now, and those dragons are fucken overpowered.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 12, 2013 3:58 PM

Apr 2008
Ramkec said:
Bring out Zeref, now is the right time, come on man, come on let's go, let's fucking go.

He's not behind this you know...
Apr 12, 2013 4:07 PM
Dec 2012
Marhuto said:
I just watched a review on youtube and I totally agree with what was said.

It is possible that the Dragon Slayers (Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, etc) is from the past with the dragons. They all mentioned that their dragons disappeared at the same time. What could've happened is that something could've messed with their time and throw them in the future and this would've lead them to believe that their dragons just disappeared.

What do you guys think?

Maybe I'm over thinking a bit, but:

Freed's "age restriction" runes would most likely work by him "writing" a condition that people born before a certain date can't go through. That would be the only way Natsu and Gajeel would be affected by the condition. Given the flashbacks, we know Dragon Slayers don't age any slower than everyone else so it's not possible for them to have experienced over 80 years of life.

So I think you raise a good possibility The good guys were born hundreds of years ago (400?), then transported into the future without realizing it. We don't see flashbacks of Natsu, Wendy, etc. interacting with anyone other than the dragons themselves in remote locations so if time suddenly leaped for whatever reason they wouldn't know it. It would also tie in with the theory that Lucy's mother opened/closed Eclipse around that time.

What brings a dent to the theory is Daphne, actually. She does see a live dragon and there's nothing to suggest time travel in her case. On the other hand, it could simply be a plot hole since the Daphne Arc is anime-only.
Apr 12, 2013 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
SergioSource said:
Gah I want to see this animated so much. So, the dragons sent the dragon slayers to the future 14 years ago, perhaps to prevent this? Dragons who disagreed with the feast?

Wait, so are you saying Wendy, Gajeel, Natsu and the others are from the past?

That would make sense, considering that way back in the Festival arc Natsu and Gajeel couldn't pass through the runes that prevented anyone over the age of 80 from leaving... But in that case, they would be from even FURTHER in the past, right?

Edit: And that means that the dragons didn't actually 'dissapear' 7 years ago, but rather what REALLY happened was that all the kids were thrown into the future where their dragons either no longer existed or were hiding away somewhere.
AmberlehApr 12, 2013 4:17 PM
Apr 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
I came.

godlike those designs for them were great

with the amount that got through the door someone needs to die
Apr 12, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2010
So Rouge was using reverse psychology ,seems too me he did.
Apr 12, 2013 5:06 PM

Apr 2008
RosyXkid said:
So Rouge was using reverse psychology ,seems too me he did.

Pretty much yea
Apr 12, 2013 6:43 PM

Oct 2010
I'm curious to see what happens next!The dragon's finally appeared!!
This world...is rotten
Apr 12, 2013 7:10 PM
Apr 2013
I think that everything that F.Levy said will happen. All the people will die just as she said, and we will see the horrible future that is suppose to happen. With that, Lucy will use the Eclipse gate to travel back in time and then we will see what she does in order to stop the future. It's kind of like the movie Looper, if you've ever watched it. I also agree with the whole "Dragon Slayers from the past", it would answer the question on why they couldn't pass Freed's runes during the Festival Arc. Anyways I can't wait to see what happens.
Apr 12, 2013 7:44 PM
Feb 2013
I LOVE YOUR ART MASHIMA! EPIC DRAGON IS EPIC! I WANT NATSU DIE!

I WANT GRAY TO BE THE PROTAGONIST BECAUSE NATSU, AND ERZA USE NAKAMA B.S TOO MUCH!
Apr 12, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
@ Filipear- Oh please, it's FAIRY TAIL. They aren't going to have everyone die. This is the same series that brought 3 different people back to life (Lisanna, Jellal, and sort-of Mavis), and in one of those cases Mashima created AN ENTIRE ARC for the sole purpose of bringing her back.
Apr 12, 2013 9:22 PM
Apr 2013
That's 100% true, but what I meant was that the future would happen. They would all die, but once Lucy goes back to the past and changes the future it'll be like no one died. It'll basically be like F.Lucy's death. It happened, but as long as P.Lucy lives, it's basically useless.
Apr 12, 2013 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
FiliPear said:
That's 100% true, but what I meant was that the future would happen. They would all die, but once Lucy goes back to the past and changes the future it'll be like no one died. It'll basically be like F.Lucy's death. It happened, but as long as P.Lucy lives, it's basically useless.

I think I get what you're saying, but that would be redundant AND still would suffer the problem of killing the Fairy Tail characters we have followed. It would be like Tsubasa Chronicle all over again- Switching the main characters on us with alternate versions of them, and I don't think Mashima is likely to go the CLAMP route.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 321 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyodou - Mar 1, 2013

109 by aoo-kun »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 320 Discussion ( 1 2 )

247Eyes - Feb 22, 2013

71 by aoo-kun »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 318 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Azokrad - Feb 7, 2013

100 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanic - Nov 30, 2012

82 by aoo-kun »»
May 16, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 306 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Nov 1, 2012

111 by aoo-kun »»
May 16, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.