Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2008 5:35 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode.
Seems like all the humor is gone now. But that's no problem. :P

I wonder how they will visit Primula.
Dec 28, 2008 8:01 PM

Dec 2008
Waaahhh. Shuffle! went from my happy, feel-good anime to another sad, depressing one. That aside, looking at this critically, the story is developing quite well. A well-thought out plot twist, and the characters are all acting in unique ways respective to themselves and their pasts. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops. Everyone, to Primula!

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jan 1, 2009 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
Well, time to start watching this from where I left off; rather odd it'll be the first anime I watch this year though >>
Jan 14, 2009 5:16 PM

Sep 2008
lol, all this drama just came out of nowhere. I wasn't even expecting it xD;;
Jul 18, 2009 10:22 PM

Nov 2007
Things are getting serious and seems we'll get an explanation of Nerine's situation in more detail.
Jul 24, 2009 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Feels like hes going overboard, what the heck does he think he can accomplish by visiting her again in the demon world? He can't do squat, he can't cure her. Hes also extremely sensitive and is overly depressed for her being gone half a day, needs to buck up and be more of a man. :P
Nov 5, 2009 7:48 PM

Oct 2008

Asa-sempai..

Feb 16, 2011 11:43 PM

Jul 2010
This series has totally surprised me. I was thinking it was a standard moe, but thus far it have potential beyond expectations. I can't help but wonder the outcome of rim's condition and the background concerning nerine's past
With a keen eye for details, only 1 truth prevails

[url="http://www.signaturebar.com/";][/url]
Mar 27, 2011 2:25 PM

Sep 2010
oh man...this series is really starting to drag out. This episode felt so long for me.
Mar 31, 2011 4:12 PM

Aug 2010
WOW!!! Talk about over-dramatic. Everyone's all head over heels depressed about an artificial life form that didn't really show any emotion. Oh how ridiculous.
Apr 9, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm.... This episode is OK. When Rin-kun started to complain himself well.... I don't like that part.
Dec 5, 2011 5:41 PM

Sep 2011

nice pin.

Jan 3, 2012 11:01 AM

Jan 2011
Oh dear... I... This whole self hate thing? Not working out for me this episode guys... It bothers me that Rin was spending more time blaming himself for what happened than actually worrying about Primula...

Regards,
Komiya
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Apr 28, 2012 8:16 PM

Nov 2011
Once again inside the arcade they have the VN opening playing in the background.
Not that i'm complaining :)
~Flo
Jun 30, 2012 8:08 PM

May 2012
EXMemories said:
Waaahhh. Shuffle! went from my happy, feel-good anime to another sad, depressing one. That aside, looking at this critically, the story is developing quite well. A well-thought out plot twist, and the characters are all acting in unique ways respective to themselves and their pasts. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops. Everyone, to Primula!

I was hoping it would stay happy. D: The sad part could be good too, though. :D
May 19, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
things are getting pretty intense
Aug 9, 2013 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
You realize you hate an anime when you realize you don't give a shit about the characters. Fuck Shuffle! 1/5
Aug 15, 2013 4:48 AM
Jul 2013
This episode sucked hard. They changed the mood too fast without any transition. Everyone's depending on Rin. Sia and Nerine are selfish as hell. This show went completely retarded. And Nerine singing some lame song just after running outside? Hell no. I don't know if I can complete this show.
Mar 27, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
This is one of the hardest shows to finish I've ever watched. I like Sugita Tomokazu as much as anyone, but Rin is of the worst MC's ever.. The 2 heaven/demon females have the weakest reasons for liking a harem MC i have ever seen.. And everything is just boring and forced to an insane level. Primula in the picture makes no sense whatsoever, sorry i have no feelings for a doll clone with no purpose nor emotions. Atleast Rei in NGE had some merit and tragedy, this show though is one tragic failure.
Jan 7, 2015 6:13 PM
Dec 2014
SlickDragon said:
This is one of the hardest shows to finish I've ever watched. I like Sugita Tomokazu as much as anyone, but Rin is of the worst MC's ever.. The 2 heaven/demon females have the weakest reasons for liking a harem MC i have ever seen.. And everything is just boring and forced to an insane level. Primula in the picture makes no sense whatsoever, sorry i have no feelings for a doll clone with no purpose nor emotions. Atleast Rei in NGE had some merit and tragedy, this show though is one tragic failure.

Well first of all, Mr. Professional anime crtici. Primula is not a clone so shows what you know. Also if you have been paying any attetion it makes a good deal of sense. And Shuffle is one of the best harem animes in existence lol. Hating just lto hate is ingnorant and pointless.
May 4, 2016 1:06 PM
Aug 2014
God, I couldn't keep myself from laughing at how silly this suddenly got. What a poor attempt at tension and drama. In episodes like these it kind of helps when you actually care about the characters, but besides from a couple of episodes Primula hasn't been a character at all.
May 24, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2014
Loneliness .. and the air is becoming harder to breath with . Its hard to watch .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 10:48 PM

Jun 2016
Pretty dark and mediocre episode, Asa new MVP though.
Dec 14, 2016 2:14 AM

Mar 2015
Whats with this gloomy atmosphere? It felt dragged on. Where is the happy go lucky Shuffle I know of?

Just sitting around doing nothing is a waste of time so why dont you make a move?

3.1/5
Oct 25, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
- well more focus and build up for further episodes...Asa senpai takes the lead in these episode...Rooting for her now
Nov 20, 2017 12:34 PM
Mar 2017
What a drama ... I realized just because she scream and it was more serious, but the voice of Asa is that of Android 18 of dragon ball super xD

In fact I had thought about it a long time ago, they just have to go, talk to him, make a completely corny speech and he sure recovers ...
Good for Asa, she does have the eggs as a well-placed woman. Why do not they go on a weekend to visit ?, I do not think they'll stay more than 2 days just to see it ... Instead they do a drama xD
FireCrauterNov 20, 2017 12:51 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 27, 2018 4:18 PM

Aug 2014
Rin is definitely one of the worst harem MCs ever. All he does is worry about himself and how others think of him. Pretty pathetic. Instead of worrying about guilt and distancing himself from the girls he should have been there for them instead. What these girls see in this trash of a character is beyond me.

Also, Asa pretty much cemented herself as best girl.
Nov 15, 2021 1:33 AM
Mar 2020
Deazent said:
This episode sucked hard. They changed the mood too fast without any transition. Everyone's depending on Rin. Sia and Nerine are selfish as hell. This show went completely retarded. And Nerine singing some lame song just after running outside? Hell no. I don't know if I can complete this show.

Yeah my thoughts are same for this shit episode
May 10, 2022 7:28 PM

Nov 2010
The best way to save Primula is the Rance way of solving things. Just put it in and let her have the imperial juice! That should fix up whatever magical shit she's experiencing right now. hehe
Jun 17, 2022 2:11 AM

Jan 2020
So it looks like things are getting more serious and less romcom-y. But, at least we saw Kaede's boobs, so we got that going on for us.

I will say, it's somewhat interesting that, for once, the people who created this "doll" (Rimu) are concerned about her. Usually this sort of development leads to them having no qualms with breaking the experiment, or simply creating a new one. I'm not sure if it's particularly good or bad, but it's different to see the creators care about their creation and want it to keep on living rather than discarding it.

But, to be honest, Rin's obsession with Rimu is somewhat odd. Why is he clinging to this concept of Rimu being family? Simply because they live together? They barely know each other and they barely interact. If Rin could stop being a basic "knight in shining armor" that'd be great.

I feel like it probably won't affect it, but maybe this whole situation will create a bit of a gap between Rin, Sia, and Nerine. Maybe some of the other characters will have a proper chance to attain girlfriend status.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 5, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 2021
The director of this episode really enjoyed the fade out transition.
Apr 28, 2023 10:05 AM

Oct 2022
Anime soap opera time!

By far, the comedy has been my least favorite aspect of this show, so I welcome the tonal shift to something more serious. 

Rin seemed to be leaning toward Sia, but I feel like anything could happen now. Got my fingers crossed for Kaede or Asa. 
Sep 28, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2022
More angst than I think is appropriate for the situation. Rin doubting himself after sending Primula is reasonable, but visiting her and seeing if anything can be done is common sense. There's been no indication so far that they aren't allowed to travel to other worlds, so the drama isn't necessary.

Archean-ReturnSep 28, 2023 8:40 PM

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.