Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2013 8:15 PM
May 2012
The best thing about the scene was the constant shots of Rika's "You can't be serious" face as he tried to ignore it.
Mar 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that pissed me off.
Mar 22, 2013 10:03 PM
Aug 2012
HighonMuffins said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
-Quasar said:
Objurgo said:
I do because I pay attention and don't act like a pre-teen that seems to be ignoring the point of the show who still uses homosexuality as an insult

Pay attention to what? The anime hasn't revealed yet why he acts that way although it has been mentioned and why are you so sure that isn't just probably another lame reason to justify his sob story of not accepting the feelings of others? Tell me oh so mature one.

Go back and watch the last few minutes of episode 10. Seriously pay attention and keep your eyes open this time.

Damn, dat butthurt bro. You can lie to yourself and put out as many excuses as you may want, but Kodaka was a complete as*hole and a coward by flat out pretending Sena's confession didn't happen and non-chalantly walking out the room. That is plain out cowardice and lack of testicles. He could've just as easily told her that "I will think about your proposal, so if you don't mind, could you please give me a little bit of time?" or flat out said "I don't think i want to go into a relationship as of now, I am perfectly happy hanging out with you guys in the club as friends, and I don't want to lose that". He is a coward, no going around that. All the hate he is receiving is well deserved. Sena deserves better, unless he redeems himself next episode. Also, don't be so cocky, your "insults" are extremely generic, overused, and un-original, and only make you sound ignorant, making your attempts at making a point and sounding strong hilariously failed.

Sure you are not trying to talking about yourself? The fun thing is half of you haters want to think you are such perfect Men in your life and you could have easily done something better. That's the hilarious part and in the same time just ignorant. I can't help it if you think i am cocky. That's your problem.

Mar 22, 2013 10:53 PM

Jan 2009
Rika is best char. And Yusa get owned.
Mar 22, 2013 11:56 PM

Aug 2012
Teh fuck Kodaka? Come on now.
Mar 22, 2013 11:58 PM

Dec 2008
Holy crap, what an episode! So many good parts. Loved Rika this episode, she's really standing out.

That Sena-Yozora tag battle was excellent. Yusa is a bit annoying, but not overly so, and the comedy around her character was awesome. Yukimura casually regretting missing the chance to eliminate a potential enemy... I loled.

I can't believe Sena went and said that... I was speachless...Yozora's reaction...Kodaka's panicked "What was that?", as we all knew he would... Just wow.

What's gonna happen now? From the looks of things and the scenes in the preview, it looks like he decided he couldn't stay with them any longer now someone at least has laid their feelings on the table, and he can't really play it off any more. Still, his biggest fear essentially is to lose them all, but this way he still ends up losing them...he probably just wants to break it off before anything happens, rather than risk the fallout from not being able to handle this situation well while maintaining his "friendships."

Can't wait for the final episode! I hope this ends well. I don't expect it to wrap everything up, but then again I didn't expect a proposal out of Sena...so just goes to show that this show can surprise you!
Mar 23, 2013 12:36 AM

Dec 2008
Chill77 said:
To the people saying he should have confronted her on it, let's bring up a few things:
1) He has not actually chosen any of the girls. He most likely likes Rika a bit more, as the romance between them has been building up far more than the others. If he were to confront Sena, there really wouldn't be any answer that would work.
2) You're trying to tell me that when suddenly confronted with that out of nowhere, it's a pussy move to run? That was pretty much his only option. Saying something like "I'll think about it" doesn't mean I'll think about it. It's the same thing as running away, except with more false hope. When you actually think about it, running was the good thing to do, as now he has time to sort out his own feelings (yeah, he has feelings too, in case you didn't know), and think heavily about what he can possibly do.

Keep in mind, when I say it was the good thing to do, I do mean good for everyone, him included. He could have just said "I'm sorry to all of you. I only want to be friends" and leave the club altogether. But then again, when you're put on the spot, you don't really have time to think about things. You have to make a split second decision, but I guess you guys are all able to do find the best decision and make it in a heart beat really easily. Congratulations to you then.

That's very true. There really is no good response he could have given there. Just resigning to saying he just wanted to be friends would not only hurt Sena, but also crush the hopes of all the other girls before they even confess...harsh.

At least now he has a chance to think things through and decide what he wants to do. That's what I'm hoping this next episode will be. Since he's staying away from the group, he'll have a chance to reflect on his own feelings, and talk to those two student council members and hopefully decide on an actual course of action.

Here's hoping for some serious Kodaka character development next episode!
Mar 23, 2013 1:33 AM
Oct 2010
Frediloc said:
Chill77 said:
To the people saying he should have confronted her on it, let's bring up a few things:
1) He has not actually chosen any of the girls. He most likely likes Rika a bit more, as the romance between them has been building up far more than the others. If he were to confront Sena, there really wouldn't be any answer that would work.
2) You're trying to tell me that when suddenly confronted with that out of nowhere, it's a pussy move to run? That was pretty much his only option. Saying something like "I'll think about it" doesn't mean I'll think about it. It's the same thing as running away, except with more false hope. When you actually think about it, running was the good thing to do, as now he has time to sort out his own feelings (yeah, he has feelings too, in case you didn't know), and think heavily about what he can possibly do.

Keep in mind, when I say it was the good thing to do, I do mean good for everyone, him included. He could have just said "I'm sorry to all of you. I only want to be friends" and leave the club altogether. But then again, when you're put on the spot, you don't really have time to think about things. You have to make a split second decision, but I guess you guys are all able to do find the best decision and make it in a heart beat really easily. Congratulations to you then.
That's very true. There really is no good response he could have given there. Just resigning to saying he just wanted to be friends would not only hurt Sena, but also crush the hopes of all the other girls before they even confess...harsh.

At least now he has a chance to think things through and decide what he wants to do. That's what I'm hoping this next episode will be. Since he's staying away from the group, he'll have a chance to reflect on his own feelings, and talk to those two student council members and hopefully decide on an actual course of action.

Here's hoping for some serious Kodaka character development next episode!
Running away pretending not to hear is definitely not a good thing. It's an understandable reaction, but that doesn't make it good. Leaving the other party there to worry about what he is thinking is plain mean, even if unintentional.

There are reponses that he could give, but the main issue is the place. IF (and big IF) he could calm his evasive instinct, a very reasonable response would be: "let's discuss this somewhere more private". That should additionally give him some time to catch a breath and maybe let the rat in his brain run furiously while they get somewhere else.

Once it's just the two of them they can talk more calmly about it, and if he has yet to take a decision he can say so. Asking for time to think is not running away and it's also not false hope... False hope would be if he already had the answer, in which case he should just give it even if it hurts her, there's no way around it. But the whole point is precisely the assumption that he has not sorted out his feelings yet.

But ok, his blunder won't be that big a deal as long as he does seriously think about it and he doesn't leave Sena hanging for too long. Next episode should address how he handles the precarious situation.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 23, 2013 1:51 AM
Apr 2010
The reply of him not hearing Sena's confession is really dissappointing, and seeing Yozora's reaction pains me MUCH! Many people are hoping for a Kodaka x Sena ending, but I'm rooting for YOZORA all the way!! She's way cuter!
Other than that, Rika's my favorite! She never seem to bore me in every episode with her constant changing of hairstyle and clothes!

I know Kodaka x Rika is impossible, but I do hope Yozora gets it! Maybe deep down I have issues with Popular girls-who-have-it-all, just like Yozora D:
Mar 23, 2013 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
Did Sena just confessed?! I can't-

To think about it, being in Kodaka's place is really difficult (for me, at least). By the time he choose one, friendship (and rinjinbu) will be soon over. Not choosing would just give false hopes. And by saying he just want to be friends is.. good but.. in reality, a pathetic move because it's impossible to stay friends forever with girls who has feelings for you.

What I can't believe is that the next episode will be the last. I won't wish for another season, but an episode 13 (or 14) OR an OVA sounds good. Though I think that won't happen, because of the episode 12 preview title (I Have.. Friends), which also implies Kodaka will not choose a girl. (Or so I thought.)

--

By the way, it's all Kodaka's choice but if I get to decide which one is for him, it's definitely Yozora. (IF they get together though, I hope Yozora will lessen her tsundereness) Sena, well, there's a lot of fishes in the sea for her! But for Yozora, there's only one Kodaka.
removed-userMar 23, 2013 2:06 AM
Mar 23, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2011
XiaoMio said:
The reply of him not hearing Sena's confession is really dissappointing, and seeing Yozora's reaction pains me MUCH! Many people are hoping for a Kodaka x Sena ending, but I'm rooting for YOZORA all the way!! She's way cuter!
Other than that, Rika's my favorite! She never seem to bore me in every episode with her constant changing of hairstyle and clothes!

I know Kodaka x Rika is impossible, but I do hope Yozora gets it! Maybe deep down I have issues with Popular girls-who-have-it-all, just like Yozora D:

I'm Yozora's side too :)
Mar 23, 2013 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
Yassan said:
Did Sena just confessed?! I can't-

To think about it, being in Kodaka's place is really difficult (for me, at least). By the time he choose one, friendship (and rinjinbu) will be soon over. Not choosing would just give false hopes. And by saying he just want to be friends is.. good but.. in reality, a pathetic move because it's impossible to stay friends forever with girls who has feelings for you.

What I can't believe is that the next episode will be the last. I won't wish for another season, but an episode 13 (or 14) OR an OVA sounds good. Though I think that won't happen, because of the episode 12 preview title (I Have.. Friends), which also implies Kodaka will not choose a girl. (Or so I thought.)

--

By the way, it's all Kodaka's choice but if I get to decide which one is for him, it's definitely Yozora. (IF they get together though, I hope Yozora will lessen her tsundereness) Sena, well, there's a lot of fishes in the sea for her! But for Yozora, there's only one Kodaka.

I'm for Yozora too :P
Mar 23, 2013 3:29 AM

May 2010
Oh come on Kodaka you how the girls feel about you so face it like a man !!
Mar 23, 2013 4:27 AM
Mar 2012
BTW, what's Haganai Universe about?
Mar 23, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
LCSeixas said:
BTW, what's Haganai Universe about?
The novel you mean? It is Haganai novel written about other side characters like Pegasus for example.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 5:35 AM
Apr 2010
akira25ysai said:
XiaoMio said:

Happy to know that people are rooting for Yozora! Yozora fighto!
Mar 23, 2013 6:00 AM

Dec 2008
Yusa had a horrible intro, but that is often the case with new female characters.
What did she even came for? letting out her sexual frustration?

Sena was completely inconsiderate to confess before the others while playing playstation. It's good that she has courage, but don't show it in such a situation.

Well, Kodaka's reaction wasreally wrong, even though he never experiencex a direct confession before, most males would have messed up in such a situation, but please running away is the thing you should never do. Ah man its so unusual for a guy not to be slightly interested in getting an adorable girlfriend, Rika, Yozora, Sena. Sure it's har choice, but man he ran away, thats just wrong! wrong! WRONG! It's understandable that he wants to stay friends with everyone, but still it seems to be impossible with him as only guy and a number of beautiful girls.

If next episode offers a cliffhanger final, I will be seriously depressed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 6:18 AM

Sep 2010
Lol. Sena just blurted it out while being into the game, I think she just thought she was thinking it but accidentally said it out loud. I'm getting seriously tired of Kodaka by now but I hope (and somewhat expect) that next episode will finally get rid of his running away. Can't wait for the next ep. Still, Rika is best girl.
Mar 23, 2013 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
XiaoMio said:
akira25ysai said:
XiaoMio said:

Happy to know that people are rooting for Yozora! Yozora fighto!

Yozora gambatte!

Seriously though, it's Yozora who did all the effort. If only she hadn't created the club, he could pursue Kodaka easily, because they're both in the same class and they're both loners.

Even without that said, Yozora and Kodaka looks good together! Sena would just make Kodaka play her eroge and all.

Fabienne said:

If next episode offers a cliffhanger final, I will be seriously depressed.

^Same here. :/ It's either I'll get depressed or I'll write a fanfic of my own ending. :/
Mar 23, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2006
what an interesting episode
Lol'd at rikka making kodaka read that BL book and recording it xD a yaoi hole~

I think I understand Kodaka, as a teenager when you confront relationship difficulties with friends or a crush all you want to do is run away, but I hope he makes up his mind and accept Sena *^*
Mar 23, 2013 7:32 AM
Jan 2011
WHAT, Maria was never a teacher nor a student all along?!

Way to go SENA for talking too much.
Mar 23, 2013 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
I was hoping Rika would block the door and wouldn't let Kobaka run away. Though he'd probably jump out of the window in that case. Sena's confession was great. It was totally in her style to do it so nonchallantly.

Get your shit together, Kobaka! Sena's feeling are closest to a normal love. Yukimura just admires you, Rika is a flirt and a friend, Kobato loves her An-chan, Yozora...? Well, you've probably been the only friend she ever had before and thus she must have you. But she's a manipulative bitch and didn't really change much. But Sena! Just look how you've changed her from a spoiled princess into this... slightly less spoiled princess which turned out very lovable. Plus she's beautiful (regardless of her boobs).

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 23, 2013 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
Ovindel said:
Lol. Sena just blurted it out while being into the game, I think she just thought she was thinking it but accidentally said it out loud. I'm getting seriously tired of Kodaka by now but I hope (and somewhat expect) that next episode will finally get rid of his running away. Can't wait for the next ep. Still, Rika is best girl.

Don't you think she let it slip on purpose? Or that was the calmest reaction to slipping a huge secret out I've ever seen. She just went: "Oh, well, that's how it is, I love you and would like to marry you, so I'll repeat it so you hear me well." It was so great how she wasn't ashamed of expressing her feelings in front of the whole club. Courageous Sena FTW!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 23, 2013 8:01 AM

Apr 2012
linchpin said:

Don't you think she let it slip on purpose? Or that was the calmest reaction to slipping a huge secret out I've ever seen. She just went: "Oh, well, that's how it is, I love you and would like to marry you, so I'll repeat it so you hear me well." It was so great how she wasn't ashamed of expressing her feelings in front of the whole club. Courageous Sena FTW!

Yh I think they did that scene better and clearer in the novels, but Sena didn't actually mean to confess she was just really immersed in the game and didn't realise she was saying it, then afterwards when she realised it she just went along with it since she "was gonna say it sooner or later anyway"
Mar 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
was looking forward to seeing reactions to this, lmao

Running away like that was pretty terrible, but any other reaction would've been a betrayal of his character. He's not ready.

Regardless of how any romantic feelings he has or doesn't have toward her, Sena's boldness is something he has outright said he admires about her. She gets so focused on her game that she starts speaking her mind without really thinking about it, and by the time she realizes it there's no going back. She's embarassed, but she rolls with it because it was the truth. As he once observed, she acts without fear of failure - something he could stand to take a lesson on.

Kodaka's reaction is total panic. Not because he dislikes her, but because he feels that the happiness he now enjoys with the Neighbors Club is in a delicate position. He's finally happy and has some actual friends to hang out with, and is afraid of losing that by changing the status quo. If he had reacted by embracing Sena and telling her he felt the same way, some of the group might be able to deal with that (Rika and Yukimura, imo) but it wouldn't go over well with everyone (Yozora and Kobato). Kodaka doesn't like conflict; he doesn't want to go into damage control. He panics, defaults to his tried-and-true "didn't hear what you just said" ploy, and since that obviously wasn't going to fly he does the only other thing he can think of to avoid the situation: literally avoiding it.

Not that it's going to buy him much time. Even if he skips club activities and ignores his phone, he has class with Yozora and he kinda lives with Kobato. Worst case scenario, Sena could probably outrun him on foot right there and catch him if she really wanted to. He's put himself in quite an awkward spot. I think what he could use right now is a sincere talk with someone to help him realize he can't cower in the safety of his present forever. He might be comfortable, but it's no way to treat those close to him. Rika could probably do that, since she understands his hesitation, but an outside voice might be better. Maybe that's what the student council president will be doing.

linchpin said:
I was hoping Rika would block the door and wouldn't let Kobaka run away. Though he'd probably jump out of the window in that case. Sena's confession was great. It was totally in her style to do it so nonchallantly.

Get your shit together, Kobaka! Sena's feeling are closest to a normal love. Yukimura just admires you, Rika is a flirt and a friend, Kobato loves her An-chan, Yozora...? Well, you've probably been the only friend she ever had before and thus she must have you. But she's a manipulative bitch and didn't really change much. But Sena! Just look how you've changed her from a spoiled princess into this... slightly less spoiled princess which turned out very lovable. Plus she's beautiful (regardless of her boobs).
well said

Come to think of it, fleeing out the window would've been oddly appropriate, too, seeing as that window was how Sena got into the club in the first place.
Mar 23, 2013 8:56 AM
Aug 2011
Kodaka my fucking man.

He was so cool smiling one second and freaking the hell out once Sena started confessing.

HUH!? WHAT WAS THAT!?
Shit man. That was loud and full of panicking.
.....That's right, it was the game. It was too loud. Can't blame the man. So he got the fuck out of there at the speed of light.

Also
- lol at Yozora's reaction. Poor girl.... Yeah, no.
I still believe she is going to be Best Friend Zoned though.

Sena end or nobody end is the only 2 choices I deem acceptable.

Perfect 5/5
Mar 23, 2013 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Also

I hate to tell you, but like I and many people on this thread already said, Sena has probably doomed herself to lose by confessing now, which probably means Yozora is going to win.

Personally I'm still rooting for the Kodaka x Sena ending
Mar 23, 2013 9:07 AM

Jan 2012
linchpin said:

Agree 100%.
Mar 23, 2013 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
Warteboy said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Also

I hate to tell you, but like I and many people on this thread already said, Sena has probably doomed herself to lose by confessing now, which probably means Yozora is going to win.

Man I hope thats not the case. If it is tho please let it be ending with Rika at least. No Yozora please.
Mar 23, 2013 9:35 AM
Aug 2011
Warteboy said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Also

Many people fall under ignorant, fanboyism teenagers etc.

Kodaka has shown no romantic feelings towards Yozora, he sees her as a friend, which she was in the past. She wants Kodaka, but that won't solve her problem. She lacks the capacity to make friends and interact with people, she needs to confront her past and accept how things turned out.

Sena has had the most development in this series and she started loving Kodaka because of the present and her interactions with him and how he treated her as a person.

Yozora is really, really, just stuck in the past. The flashback and her dialogue of the cat, has also made it more evident.

Thus, the only logical choice is Sena or nobody.
Mar 23, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2012
WHY IS THERE NO ORE NO IMOUTO CAMEO ? ive been waiting for it
Mar 23, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
lol he ran for it because his usual excuse didn't work. Great episode throughout. Other notable parts were in the infirmary with Rika and Sena destroying the new girl by calling her father.

Cant wait for the next episode.......oh I just realized that's the last one.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 23, 2013 9:46 AM

Sep 2011
Silly Kodaka. He always knew.

What's a yaoi hole?
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 23, 2013 9:49 AM
Jun 2008
^
A male version Futanari lol
Mar 23, 2013 10:04 AM

Dec 2008
Well it was Sena or Yozora in the last season.

In NEXT Sena could finally face Yozora and pushed her in dark corner.
Well, but honestly a spoiled rich girl or a unsocial tsundere are no good choices.

considerung how much compliments, Kodaka had given to Rika, you could actually assume that he likes her the most, so it would be much more natural for him to choose Rika. It's up to the author nevertheless, maybe Kodaka will pretend to be gay *hehel*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
MorningGlory said:
^
A male version Futanari lol
That Yayoi Hole bit is extremely funny (particularly how Rika got all her knowledge about men from there), if you know about the BL/fujoshi culture.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Kodaka has shown no romantic feelings towards Yozora, he sees her as a friend, which she was in the past. She wants Kodaka, but that won't solve her problem. She lacks the capacity to make friends and interact with people, she needs to confront her past and accept how things turned out.

Sena has had the most development in this series and she started loving Kodaka because of the present and her interactions with him and how he treated her as a person.

Yozora is really, really, just stuck in the past. The flashback and her dialogue of the cat, has also made it more evident.

Yes Sena has had the most development while Yozora has barely had any, but since Volume 8 of the novels is considered as prologue and it's been confirmed that there is a lot of more to come, that means there is loads of time for Yozora to develop. And with shows like this I'd assume the show would end around when the protagonist has picked a girl, and since Sena confessed now and the story isn't anywhere near over, she's probably gonna get rejected. The other option is him not ending with anyone specifically (harem end).
Mar 23, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
Hate to break it to some of you but the last episode is gonna be about the name/point of the show.And as much as i love Sena she is not the character with the most development that would be Rika.
Mar 23, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
Harem ending would be sooo disappointing. Can't we, for once, have a nice, satisfying ending to a harem anime where the MC actually chooses someone and they live happily ever after with the rest of the harem finding their happiness elsewhere? It'll be painful to see so much love wasted, because he can't have them all at once! Well, actually he could, if he was polyamorous...

BTW anyone knows any anime with polyamory in it? The only case of polyamory I remember in anime was

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Mar 23, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
linchpin said:
Harem ending would be sooo disappointing. Can't we, for once, have a nice, satisfying ending to a harem anime where the MC actually chooses someone and they live happily ever after with the rest of the harem finding their happiness elsewhere?
If the LN on which the anime is based on has such ending, then perhaps we will see such ending in the anime, but since the LN has not yet ended....

Mar 23, 2013 10:53 AM
Aug 2011
Warteboy said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Yes Sena has had the most development while Yozora has barely had any, but since Volume 8 of the novels is considered as prologue and it's been confirmed that there is a lot of more to come, that means there is loads of time for Yozora to develop. And with shows like this I'd assume the show would end around when the protagonist has picked a girl, and since Sena confessed now and the story isn't anywhere near over, she's probably gonna get rejected. The other option is him not ending with anyone specifically (harem end).

Being the prologue to the "real romance" does not mean it will still be long.

I give it 3-4 volumes before it ends. 1 seasons episodes worth.

These guys will have to talk through some.
Yozora being developed does not mean it will be completely romantically-wise.

Her development, IMO, will be coming to terms with her past, and will indeed include a confession, but a rejected one so that she can grow as a person and not rely on a single person.
Mar 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
linchpin said:
Harem ending would be sooo disappointing. Can't we, for once, have a nice, satisfying ending to a harem anime where the MC actually chooses someone and they live happily ever after with the rest of the harem finding their happiness elsewhere?
If the LN on which the anime is based on has such ending, then perhaps we will see such ending in the anime, but since the LN has not yet ended....

From the preview i don't think it will include something from vol9 unless the author gave them an outline for an ending like Toradora.
Mar 23, 2013 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Her development, IMO, will be coming to terms with her past, and will indeed include a confession, but a rejected one so that she can grow as a person and not rely on a single person.

Yeah probably unless the author wants to throw a curve ball into it i think that Yozora development will be like that.
Mar 23, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2013
Just one more to go... i'm thinking that it might have a harem ending, he's not going to stay with none of them, but not 100% sure, let see how much development they can do in one episode.
I realy hope for a sena ending.
Sorry for my english !!
Mar 23, 2013 11:34 AM
Oct 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Ahem
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kodaka has shown no romantic feelings towards Yozora, he sees her as a friend, which she was in the past.

Actually he has shown quite a lot, for Kodaka, granted which for him isn't much. People need to stop confusing lust for love. His attraction to her goes back to the first time he saw her in episode one.
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
but that won't solve her problem. She lacks the capacity to make friends and interact with people, she needs to confront her past and accept how things turned out.

Funny you should bring that up since that is also Kodaka's problem.
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Sena has had the most development in this series

People keep on talking about how much Sena has "developed". What are you all talking about? She was arrogant at the beginning, she is arrogant now. The only reason people thinks she has "developed" is because of Yozora (in response to the various situations Yozora puts her into), but as her interaction with Yusa shows, Sena is still completely wrapped up in her wants and desires. Even after her "confession", the first thing she did was to call Kodaka an idiot because he interfered with her game. If anything, she has regressed, where as Yozora has quietly developed.
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
and she started loving Kodaka because of the present and her interactions with him and how he treated her as a person.

Sena doesn't love Kodaka. Sena doesn't know what love is yet. She likes Kodaka, and marrying Kodaka would be easy for her, but where has she shown any love?
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

People really need to review the cat scene and what she said, and then think about what Rika said to Kodaka. If anyone is "stuck in the past" it is Kodaka. He was quiet when she said that because he saw himself in that statement.
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Logical? Why? Don't confuse your obsession with Holstein cattle for logic. Sena freaks out his sister, hell she freaks out Kodaka with her Yozora obsession, she's petty, vain, and gullible. She is far from the "logical" choice.

Rika would be more logical, however Rika pretty much confessed that she only wants to be friends with Kodaka (in the infirmary saying that she knew Kodaka would never take advantage of her).
Mar 23, 2013 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
People keep on talking about how much Sena has "developed". What are you all talking about? She was arrogant at the beginning, she is arrogant now. The only reason people thinks she has "developed" is because of Yozora (in response to the various situations Yozora puts her into), but as her interaction with Yusa shows, Sena is still completely wrapped up in her wants and desires. Even after her "confession", the first thing she did was to call Kodaka an idiot because he interfered with her game. If anything, she has regressed, where as Yozora has quietly developed.

I can somewhat see what you mean but she has definitely not regressed, the only reason she even called him an idiot is because she was immersed in the game while she was confessing without realising it, and then she lost because he distracted her so it was a pretty reasonable. Personally I think both characters have developed a bit over the show.

Takuan_Soho said:
Sena doesn't love Kodaka. Sena doesn't know what love is yet. She likes Kodaka, and marrying Kodaka would be easy for her, but where has she shown any love?

That's not much of an argument, you can say that about Yozora and the others. Plus rarely people confess and propose if they don't love the person, admittedly proposing might have been too much.

Takuan_Soho said:
Rika would be more logical, however Rika pretty much confessed that she only wants to be friends with Kodaka (in the infirmary saying that she knew Kodaka would never take advantage of her).

She didn't say she just wants to be friends, she just said Kodaka wouldn't take advantage of her.
Mar 23, 2013 11:58 AM

Dec 2008
Warteboy said:

Takuan_Soho said:

She didn't say she just wants to be friends, she just said Kodaka wouldn't take advantage of her.

Yeah I also would say, the fact that he didn't want to "rape" her doesn't mean, that he doesn't have honest feelings for Rika
Mar 23, 2013 12:11 PM
Oct 2012
Warteboy said:
I can somewhat see what you mean but she has definitely not regressed, the only reason she even called him an idiot is because she was immersed in the game while she was confessing without realising it, and then she lost because he distracted her so it was a pretty reasonable.

Think about that for a second. Since when does being "immensed" in a game justify insulting people? And being self-absorbed is exactly what Sena's fault is: was at the beginning, is still now. She still doesn't know someone in her class who she has talked to several times. Again how is that "development"? Her entire relationship with most of the members of the club is as a Saviour (Maria), Slavisher (Kobata), and Stalker (Yozora), she still hasn't opened up.

Now I admit I am exaggerating to make my point, she has developed somewhat, however compared to what people drone on about here, it is comparing a molehill to Mt Everest.

Warteboy said:
That's not much of an argument, you can say that about Yozora and the others. Plus rarely people confess and propose if they don't love the person, admittedly proposing might have been too much.

Love is putting someone else's happiness before your own, Sena has never done that, Yozara though has done this several times with Kodaka. If he says he wants to do something, she listens and changes to accommodate his wants, despite her own difficulties. In short she at least is trying. Pretty poorly, both due to her own shyness and Kodaka's own issues, but try she does.

Warteboy said:

Think about the context. In that she just asked him to do it, if he had done it he would not have taken advantage of her. So in short he point blank asked her what she would do if he DID make a move on her, and her response wasn't "it would be okay if it was you" but "I know you wouldn't do it". Think "why" she knew that. What did they talk about immediately before she asked him if he wanted to ravish her? More to the point, who did Kodaka quote.

Go back and watch the conclusion with Yozora played the galgame. One person at least gets what is going on here.
Mar 23, 2013 12:43 PM
Mar 2012

I still can't believe they didn't include this shot on the anime
Mar 23, 2013 1:36 PM
Aug 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Ahem

How many underage people do you think are on MAL.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kodaka has shown no romantic feelings towards Yozora, he sees her as a friend, which she was in the past.

Actually he has shown quite a lot, for Kodaka, granted which for him isn't much. People need to stop confusing lust for love. His attraction to her goes back to the first time he saw her in episode one.

He didn't even know who she was in episode 1. He just saw a nutjob talking to herself and thinking she looked cute.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
but that won't solve her problem. She lacks the capacity to make friends and interact with people, she needs to confront her past and accept how things turned out.

Funny you should bring that up since that is also Kodaka's problem.

Kodaka is not stuck in the past. He does regret not seeing his friend on the last day. When he had that dream, he said he finally said what he wanted to, even though it wasn't real. Still, he does not make a big deal of it.
And Kodaka can interact with people, he is just misunderstood. He wants to stay friends with the girls in the club, which is his reason for acting ignorant. He actually thinks about those things.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Sena has had the most development in this series

She did that because she wanted to protect the club , whereas before she would have done it fore selfish reasons.

And that is part of her personality, even if she develops, she still remains part of how she was.
Yozora is truly the one that has regressed. What happened to her headstrong personality? She was shaking like a baby when Sena confessed.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
and she started loving Kodaka because of the present and her interactions with him and how he treated her as a person.

Since the swimming pool episode in season 1, when he treated her a person and protected her from those thugs.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

People really need to review the cat scene and what she said, and then think about what Rika said to Kodaka. If anyone is "stuck in the past" it is Kodaka. He was quiet when she said that because he saw himself in that statement.

Yes you need to review it. She said she would rather not forge relationships if its just going to end. It would be better if it just never occurred.
Kodaka is different.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Logical? Why? Don't confuse your obsession with Holstein cattle for logic. Sena freaks out his sister, hell she freaks out Kodaka with her Yozora obsession, she's petty, vain, and gullible. She is far from the "logical" choice.

Logical because she's the only worthy candidate.
Atleast she likes his sister too. Unlike Yozora, who just ignores her.

Sena's only experience comes from galge. Its to be expected that she comes off weird.

Rika wouldn't be logical because she's insignificant.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeMar 23, 2013 1:41 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.