Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
Altruist said:
tsudecimo said:
Altruist said:
Papde said:
Yozora really makes the show. Without her, Boku wa Tomodachi would just be your typical harem. The fights between Yozora and Sena are the best thing.

This is a typical harem. There's a character with the majority of Yozora's traits in the majority of them.

That's not a typical harem .-.

There's usually for the most part two characters that have traits similar to Sena and Yozora. Those two will always end up fighting. Nothing all that different from other harems.

It is different than typical harem in some places:
- MC is not dense ( you probably think so but by the end of the season it would explain his not) also not wimpy , doesn't have a love interest that he tries to success in but fails miserably at it.
- It is built around people with social disorders
-Yozora traits other than her mild tsundere are not common in harems.

THIS, SO MUCH
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 4, 2013 10:59 PM

Jan 2012
Nah, I love her. Why doesn't she get her act together and confess? Because it is an eiichi harem anime. Eiichi harem anime never have the characters confess.. like EVER. If they do confess it will be right at the very very very end of the anime/manga. Since Yozora is the lead female character, she will be the one that has Kodaka fall in love with her and she will be the one that Kodaka choices at the end of the story. But honestly, I don't care about that plotline in the anime at all. This show is so funny that I would watch them read a phone book and it would still be great. Yozora is a great character too. I like that she has a lot of flaws: too much Pride, Shy, Sadistic(a little), feels the need to control everybody, and get angry too quickly. Usually the lead female protagonist of an anime would be crying over everything at this point... I kinda like that she has an "Evil Plan" to make Kodaka fall in love with her. She says that at the end of the anime is because her sole motivation for creating the Neighborhood club was to create a club just for her and Kodaka. She never wanted anyone else to join. She wanted it to stay her and Kodaka alone after school together forever. She could monopolize him then. She even made that convoluted recrutment poster, think that nobody would figure it out and join the club. So yeah, when it turns out that another person could be a potential rival she gets POed and say too much. I love her character and I can relate a lot with it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2013 11:25 PM

Dec 2012
Altruist said:
tsudecimo said:

Then it easier to say it is gonna have a harem ending.
The Novel is still being published with a romantic ending in mind.
Im almost positive there is gonna be another season to cover the rest in 2/3 years :O

I don't see this having a harem ending. One that fits along the lines of The Tenchi Solution, or the other being Ends With No One. One thing I've always found amusing is that people are generally happier when the ending is left open compared to harems that do indeed have an ending where one is chosen. I believe this much. Unless they can do SOMETHING...ANYTHING that could make the majority of the viewers like Yozora if she is indeed the one Kodaka ends up with then I'll be all for it.

In other anime I've vaguely mentioned before containing characters that have most of Yozora's traits, many of them in some form or another was likeable. At least in a general sense. As for another season, I'd expect one.

The anime is gonna end at volume 7( Volume 9 is being Published ) so i really think the anime is gonna probably end on a huge cliffhanger.Then the third season is gonna heavily focus on the romance aspect and the actual story ending with a conclusive ending .

GodlyKyon said:
tsudecimo said:

- MC is not dense ( you probably think so but by the end of the season it would explain his not) also not wimpy , doesn't have a love interest that he tries to success in but fails miserably at it.

THIS, SO MUCH

You actually agreed with me on something haha.
Mar 5, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2012
Am I the only one who doesn't think that Yozora is mean?
Mar 5, 2013 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
Evaeri said:
Am I the only one who doesn't think that Yozora is mean?

hmmm ?
She is mean that's not something to debate about .-.
Mar 5, 2013 2:48 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

Forgot to add that two girls of the harem have legit reasons to like the MC.
Mar 5, 2013 2:48 AM
Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
The anime is gonna end at volume 7( Volume 9 is being Published ) so i really think the anime is gonna probably end on a huge cliffhanger.

Episode 8 covered more than 50% of volume 7.
Episode 9 will already conclude volume 7 (Rika on the roof). The pace of the anime is extremely fast, as of now they only make 2 episodes out of each volume.

Episode 1 + 2 + 3 = Vol. 4
Episode 4 + 5 = Vol. 5
Episode 6 + 7 = Vol. 6
Episode 8 + 9 = Vol. 7
Episode 10 + 11 = Vol. 8
Episode 12 = Vol. 9 (probably the great final)

Vol. 9 will be released at 25/3. Episode 12 is aired on 28/3. That's a perfect timing!

The story is about how to make friends - at the moment Kodaka officially chooses his friends, the story ends completely.
There will be no third season.
Mar 5, 2013 2:51 AM

Dec 2012
mironicus said:
tsudecimo said:
The anime is gonna end at volume 7( Volume 9 is being Published ) so i really think the anime is gonna probably end on a huge cliffhanger.

Episode 8 covered more than 50% of volume 7.
Episode 9 will already conclude volume 7 (Rika on the roof). The pace of the anime is extremely fast, as of now they only make 2 episodes out of each volume.

Episode 1 + 2 + 3 = Vol. 4
Episode 4 + 5 = Vol. 5
Episode 6 + 7 = Vol. 6
Episode 8 + 9 = Vol. 7
Episode 10 + 11 = Vol. 8
Episode 12 = Vol. 9 (probably the great final)

Vol. 9 will be released at 25/3. Episode 12 is aired on 28/3. That's a perfect timing!

The story is about how to make friends - at the moment Kodaka officially chooses his friends, the story ends completely.
There will be no third season.

Not that i read the novel but is volume 9 the last volume? i asked a couple of people they said no.
Mar 5, 2013 3:01 AM

Jan 2008
I tried to like her, but I just can't. I know she has problems, but that's not what I hate about her. She's just plain mean. I cannot stand mean people. She seems to sometimes go out of her way to be a jerk, and out of everyone in the club, she's the only one who deserves to not have any friends.

Sena is a bit stuck up, but she's getting better. Also, when she start liking someone, not just loving, she's very friendly. Problem is, she's a bit of an idiot, so that mostly backfires. Still, I've never seen her do anything mean on purpose.

Rika is adorable, I don't understand why she doesn't have any friends. Maybe because she's a bit of a crazy otaku, but at least she's fun to be around. And again, we've never seen her do anything mean.

Yukimura would probably never be mean to you, no matter how much she hated you. Only one time, did she force feed Maria, but that was an order. I can see why she has no friends: low self-esteem.

Mari and Kobato are kids, are both in their own little world, and do stupid things all the time. They do have one friend each: each other.

So.... what exactly are Yozora's good qualities? She waited for Kodaka a really long time. OK, she's devoted. She's smart, but she usually uses it to manipulate people. That's not a good trait. She really loves Yozora, but doesn't mind trampling anyone else underfoot. Can ANYONE give some real good traits for Yozora? ANYONE?!
Mar 5, 2013 3:03 AM
Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
Not that i read the novel but is volume 9 the last volume? i asked a couple of people they said no.

I won't rely on other people if you have not read the story yourself.
The author of the novel is very smart to fool the audience. ^^

You already might see with which girl Kodaka is gonna end up in just 23 days. :)
And so Kodaka hopefully will reveal his feelings for the girls in the last episode!

Breathless suspense! :)
mironicusMar 5, 2013 3:08 AM
Mar 7, 2013 10:47 AM
Aug 2011
I dont hate yozora. =\

If anything, she's the best character in the all anime. Sena is only growing so much in all of you because of Yozora, you should all be gratefull to her lol

But honestly, shes a cute girl who likes to have fun bullying, although it does piss me off sometimes, the only one I get mad at, and the one I hate the most has to be Kodaka.

The guy has no balls, he's completely useless, a coward, a moron, Sena is getting bullied and he just keeps quiet and let Yozora and Rika have their fun, even though he knew it was wrong to have Yukimura dress as a maid, he kept quiet.

I know Yozora would make an effort to change if only he told her to stop being so mean. I would be fine if by the end of the show Kodaka ended up alone and without friends and instead we got Sena and Yozora as best friends.
Mar 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
timoteoandre said:

The guy has no balls, he's completely useless, a coward, a moron, Sena is getting bullied and he just keeps quiet and let Yozora and Rika have their fun, even though he knew it was wrong to have Yukimura dress as a maid, he kept quiet.

I know Yozora would make an effort to change if only he told her to stop being so mean. I would be fine if by the end of the show Kodaka ended up alone and without friends and instead we got Sena and Yozora as best friends.

Lol Kodaka is the one holding the club together you are too dumb to see it :(
watch episode 3 of season 1 if you think he is a coward or has no balls .-.
Mar 7, 2013 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:

I never said he wasnt, or that he was, and please, episode 3 has nothing to do with the club itself, that only proves he can be a man sometimes. If he had not done at least that, I wouldn't even consider him a man.

My point is when he's interacting with the other girls, even though he doesnt agree with Yozora, and even though he knows Sena is being bullied he just let things happen.

When Sena's dad asked if she was being bullied, he said he would protect her, just empty promisses. Take for instance, the fortune telling episode, he did nothing to stop Yozora, or even tried to explain things to Sena, he just let everything happens. Both him and Yozora know the joke went too far, but they just let things happen, as if they didnt care.

I want him to act more instead of being this passive neutral party that doesn't seem to care about anything...

I may be wrong, but the way I see it, he could easily clear the misunderstanding that the school has of him, all he has to do is talk. Even if he's afraid of talking to people, and always messes up, everyone would listen to him if he wanted, they are all afraid after all.

Instead he chooses to endure it silently, afraid to take a stand.
But then again, that is MY view on him, others might disagree.
Mar 7, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2012
timoteoandre said:
tsudecimo said:

I never said he wasnt, or that he was, and please, episode 3 has nothing to do with the club itself, that only proves he can be a man sometimes. If he had not done at least that, I wouldn't even consider him a man.

My point is when he's interacting with the other girls, even though he doesnt agree with Yozora, and even though he knows Sena is being bullied he just let things happen.

When Sena's dad asked if she was being bullied, he said he would protect her, just empty promisses. Take for instance, the fortune telling episode, he did nothing to stop Yozora, or even tried to explain things to Sena, he just let everything happens. Both him and Yozora know the joke went too far, but they just let things happen, as if they didnt care.

I want him to act more instead of being this passive neutral party that doesn't seem to care about anything...

I may be wrong, but the way I see it, he could easily clear the misunderstanding that the school has of him, all he has to do is talk. Even if he's afraid of talking to people, and always messes up, everyone would listen to him if he wanted, they are all afraid after all.

Instead he chooses to endure it silently, afraid to take a stand.
But then again, that is MY view on him, others might disagree.

I mentioned that episode to show he is not a coward i didn't say it has anything to do with the club.
He is being like that because if he wasn't the club is not gonna function properly everyone in the club as you know likes him what do you think is gonna happen if he favors a girl over another? like in yozora and sena case .That wouldn't help anything that would only cause problems in the club.
In case you failed to notice the thing that happen between yozora and sena is their own weird relationship sena like it kodaka doesn't need to get involved in it and he usually steps in when things go out of hand .
He can't exactly clear the misunderstanding because he left a very bad first impression and he tried to fix it but failed like in season 1.
Take a stand in what? no one is bullying him o_O.
The most important thing to kodaka is the club because it is the closest thing to friendship he has after 10 years so he tries not to screw it up by favoring any of the girls he is like the center of the club that hold it together.
Mar 7, 2013 1:57 PM

Jun 2010
I don't hate Yozora, but I can't say she's one of my favourites in the group. She's certainly opened and warmed up in the second season, but she's still the most emotionally insecure character. While Sena genuinely wants to improve their relationship, Yozora refuses to accept her friendship because she prioritizes winning Kodaka's affection.
Mar 7, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
I used to like Yozora a lot more in the first season. She's getting too tsundere for me, she should've stayed pure tsun. Character development is garbage.
Mar 8, 2013 5:12 AM
Jan 2011
I know this not really related to already aired anime, but looking into the recent novel plot development I'm surely have more likely candidate for hating (not serious actually, but there are reasons). Hiding this under the spoiler even though this is not direct spoiler to the plot but it may have an impact to the overall impression for somebody
Mar 8, 2013 5:27 AM

Dec 2012
sptor said:
I know this not really related to already aired anime, but looking into the recent novel plot development I'm surely have more likely candidate for hating (not serious actually, but there are reasons). Hiding this under the spoiler even though this is not direct spoiler to the plot but it may have an impact to the overall impression for somebody

What you said in the spoiler is right but i don't think what he is doing is wrong he is just trying to protect what is important to him right now in his life ''friendship'' .
Mar 8, 2013 5:45 AM
Jan 2011
tsudecimo said:

What you said in the spoiler is right but i don't think what he is doing is wrong he is just trying to protect what is important to him right now in his life ''friendship'' .

I'm not saying that this is wrong, I'm just arguing here with the opinion that's Yozora is the main obstacle for other club members moving on, what is not true. In fact all members of the club, not to sincere with their feelings, but most of them are trying to move on one way or another, and only one person trying to hold everything as it is, and this is not Yozora. So there is no point for hating her for the things she's not actually doing.
sptorMar 8, 2013 5:59 AM
Mar 8, 2013 5:52 AM

Dec 2012
sptor said:
tsudecimo said:

I'm not saying that this is wrong, I'm just arguing here with the opinion that's Yozora is the main obstacle for other club members moving on, what is not true. In fact all members of the club not to sincere with their feelings, but most of them are trying to move on one wy or another, and only one person trying to hold everething as it is, and this is not Yozora. So there is no point for hating her for the things she's not actually doing.

Yea i agree with you all of them are to blame for that Kodaka is selfish in a way i guess.
A lot of people hate yozora so it is easy for them to say she is the main cause.
Mar 8, 2013 6:16 AM
Jul 2012
sptor said:
I'm just arguing here with the opinion that's Yozora is the main obstacle for other club members moving on, what is not true.

Don't read this if you have not read the latest translated chapter of the LN.

Mar 8, 2013 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
mironicus said:

BTW you are wrong about the season reaching the end of the novel because there is no way in hell they are gonna cover what is left form vol 7 and another 2 volumes in just 3 episodes unless the author gave an outline to end the story like toradora.
Mar 8, 2013 6:55 AM
Jan 2011
mironicus said:
sptor said:
I'm just arguing here with the opinion that's Yozora is the main obstacle for other club members moving on, what is not true.

Don't read this if you have not read the latest translated chapter of the LN. If you can give spoilers on untranslated ones please feel free, since I'm like to see how the story ends before I've finished it, for me it is not killing exitement of reading in any way :)

I'm writing here just because I've read the last chapter, and made my conclusions on this base.
Mar 8, 2013 7:00 AM
Jan 2011
tsudecimo said:
mironicus said:

BTW you are wrong about the season reaching the end of the novel because there is no way in hell they are gonna cover what is left form vol 7 and another 2 volumes in just 3 episodes unless the author gave an outline to end the story like toradora.

I suppose they'll end this season and maybe anime at the end of the Vol.7 It is actually pretty perfect open ending, giving possibility for studio both to make the 3rd season any time if they want to, or not to make it if they don't want to. But I think they will make the 3rd season, since if they want to end it now I'm afraid it may be to rushed.
In fact it is not obligatory to make adaptation for all LN/Manga, for example I'm extremely happy that Usagi Drop anime was ended by the first part of the manga. Anime studios also have their reasons.
Mar 8, 2013 7:14 AM

Dec 2012
sptor said:
tsudecimo said:
mironicus said:

I suppose they'll end this season and maybe anime at the end of the Vol.7 It is actually pretty perfect open ending, giving possibility for studio both to make the 3rd season any time if they want to, or not to make it if they don't want to. But I think they will make the 3rd season, since if they want to end it now I'm afraid it may be to rushed.
In fact it is not obligatory to make adaptation for all LN/Manga, for example I'm extremely happy that Usagi Drop anime was ended by the first part of the manga. Anime studios also have their reasons.

It is likely to end on a cliffhanger and make a third season 2 or 3 years later .The series is popular in japan so nothing to worry about.
Usagi drop is kinda of a special case since the second half of the manga is completely different and would have ruined the image of the anime if they animated it .
Mar 8, 2013 8:39 AM
Jan 2011
Hmm it seems they trying to increase the pace of anime, maybe they indeed will try to finish serialization within this season. I'm judging from ep.9
Mar 9, 2013 1:43 AM

Apr 2011
mironicus said:

You already might see with which girl Kodaka is gonna end up in just 23 days. :)
And so Kodaka hopefully will reveal his feelings for the girls in the last episode!

Breathless suspense! :)

uhmm, mind if you tell me??? I like spoilers..XDD
Mar 9, 2013 12:25 PM

May 2011
I think what a lot of people are forgetting about Yozora is that she's a tom boy..and just like boys, she likes pulling pranks on people, and when it comes to Sena, Yozora is intimidated by her...Sena is girlie with big boobs, she's also smart and cute, everything she thinks Kodaka might like and that scares her, so she finds every chance to make Sena looks bad and vulnerable .

She doesn't know how to express herself so she acts out, when it comes to her being girlie, she is uncomfortable around Kodaka because all she knows is how to act like a guy around him which is when she was most comfortable..just like when they went out for Kobato's birthday and she realizes that the outfit she was wearing is actually girlie, she freaked out and wanted to change because having Kodaka see's her as a woman makes her nervous and she wont know how to act around him if he's looking at her that way.

As for Kodaka, the reason he is the way he is, is due to the fact that he doesn't want to choose sides, so he allows certain things to happen, if he starts picking up for Sena every time Yozora does something to her, he'll feel like he's on Sena's side and Yozora would get mad at him, so he stays neutral the entire time as to avoid a conflict of favoritism.
kwills88Mar 9, 2013 12:53 PM
<center></center>
Mar 9, 2013 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
kwills88 said:
I think what a lot of people are forgetting about Yozora is that she's a tom boy..and just like boys, she likes pulling pranks on people

Lol wut ._. !?
The rest of your post is somewhat right tho.
Mar 10, 2013 7:29 AM

Jan 2010
I love Yozora and hate Niku.
Mar 10, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
I like all the girls.

Yozora has her moments though.
Mar 10, 2013 11:27 AM
Dec 2010
The show would not be as good without Yozora.
Mar 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2008
I sometimes get the impression that she's trying to claim Kodaka as hers and when it doesn't go the way she wants it to, she gets whiny.

I wouldn't say that I necessarily hate her, I just want her to shut up at times.
Mar 16, 2013 3:00 AM

Apr 2011
Strange8 said:
The show would not be as good without Yozora.

True!
Mar 16, 2013 3:30 AM

Apr 2011
You are (not) alone in your hatred of Yozora, but lately as the story progresses forward. I noticed that Sena is not as much as a pushover when it comes to Yozora constant abuse...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 28, 2013 4:44 PM

Dec 2012
You bet'cha, she's so petty its pathetic, I though maybe she had eased up a bit but come on, she couldnt hav waited like 30 seconds???? (episode 12)

Such a fucking cock blocker!
Mar 29, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2009
I hate Yozora too...
Tepes973 said:

Excatly :/// She's selfish and she wants Kodaka only for herself.
Mar 29, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
I don't think she ran away because he made a friend. She's just scared because Kodaka is closer to the other club members than to herself (he being Yukimura's aniki, his engagement to Sena, he being Maria's "onii-chan" and now Rika saying she wants to help him) and because he just doesn't seem to notice how important he is to her. I can totally understand her....
Mar 29, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
MsBrightside said:
Hi guys,
after watching the latest episode of Boku Ha Tomodachi Ga Sukunai Next Ep. 4 Yozora's last remark about why things don't go as planned and how come she's the unluckiest girl, really sounded so egoistical and selfish. I know she likes Kodaka very much, but she shouldn't blame everyone else when it's not working out, she should just confessed instead of going in circles about her feelings...
Also Yukimura is not even at fault. Gosh! I love all the characters so far (I even find Sena's tsundere type so adorable). Yozora has been the only one who really makes my skin crawl ;__;

Does anybody share my opinion or am I alone on this one? ^_^

I DO !

I hate her so much.
Mar 29, 2013 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
Nope, I don't hate her ..
I know people says that she's selfish and manipulative ..
But somehow I just don't feel like she's bad ..
Mar 30, 2013 12:34 AM

Apr 2011
I love Yozora :D
Mar 30, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2012
I disliked Yozora before already, for being the hypocrite slut she is, but after this episode I outright hate her. Stupid attentionwhore, hope she gets enslaved like in one of these rape doujins and fucked to death on her "trip".
Mar 30, 2013 1:43 PM

Jun 2012
bNq said:
I disliked Yozora before already, for being the hypocrite slut she is, but after this episode I outright hate her. Stupid attentionwhore, hope she gets enslaved like in one of these rape doujins and fucked to death on her "trip".

......what is wrong with you?
Is she manipulative? Yes
Slut? No
Hypocrite? How?
Attention whore? You're kidding right? You sure you didn't mean Sena?

People like you are just sick...even if its just a fictional character you're wishing it upon, its sick.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Mar 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Jan 2012
>Slut
Yes, she's craving for Kodaka's cock. Unlike Sena, who's also interested in Kodaka, but also wants to make other friends besides him. Yozora will make anyone look bad (Yukimura too for example) just to get Kodaka and erase the competition.
>Hypocrite
She dislikes bullies and yet continues to bully Sena
>Attention whore?
"H-HEY GUYZ, I-I'M GOING ON A TRIP. IT'S TOTALLY NOT LIKE I'M SENDING YOU THIS MESSAGE JUST TO MAKE YOU LOOK FOR ME"
Mar 30, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
you might as fucking well call Rika slut for offering Kodaka sex and Yukimura for craving for his non-existent yaoi hole

oh like Sena and never been a hypocrite
saying that doesn't need a cellphone but she gets one a day later

>Attention whore?
baseless assumption and blind hate much?

TonyC1994 said:
People like you are just sick...even if its just a fictional character you're wishing it upon, its sick.

especially since there are WAY worse characters then Yozora
Brigs77Mar 30, 2013 4:27 PM
Mar 30, 2013 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
I like all of the girls, so I can't say I hate any of them. I do have a favorite though and
that would be Yukimura.

bNq said:
>Slut
Yes, she's craving for Kodaka's cock. Unlike Sena, who's also interested in Kodaka, but also wants to make other friends besides him. Yozora will make anyone look bad (Yukimura too for example) just to get Kodaka and erase the competition.

*Puts up "don't feed the troll" sign*
Mar 31, 2013 4:37 AM
Nov 2010
As Yozora would've said when seeing bNq trollicious - "Damned Meat, attracting flies again. Sigh"
Mar 31, 2013 5:55 AM
Aug 2012
bNq said:
>Slut
>Hypocrite
She dislikes bullies and yet continues to bully Sena
>Attention whore?
"H-HEY GUYZ, I-I'M GOING ON A TRIP. IT'S TOTALLY NOT LIKE I'M SENDING YOU THIS MESSAGE JUST TO MAKE YOU LOOK FOR ME"

Ah buddy i may have said it earlier but i am gonna say it again. Calling Yozora a slut is a bit too much. Everyone likes Kodaka, but Rika has been more perverted, Yukimura wants his yaoi-hole(?) and Sena is a blonde with big breast. Does that make them all sluts? Nope.

Both Yozora and Sena are hypocrites and selfish but Yozora is manipulative and a genuine bully.

As for being a attention-whore, other than this part she has always just wanted Kodaka's attention. She dislikes being in crowds and in gatherings. But before someone say Sena is like that, Sena is the one who naturally attracts unwanted attention because of her looks and abilities.

Dude i am glad you like Sena for reasons other than her looks but please stop bashing Yozora with non-existing reasons.

Mar 31, 2013 6:00 AM

Apr 2011
Yozora forever! :)
Mar 31, 2013 6:52 AM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Both Yozora and Sena are hypocrites and selfish but Yozora is manipulative and a genuine bully.

As for being a attention-whore, other than this part she has always just wanted Kodaka's attention. She dislikes being in crowds and in gatherings. But before someone say Sena is like that, Sena is the one who naturally attracts unwanted attention because of her looks and abilities.

Dude i am glad you like Sena for reasons other than her looks but please stop bashing Yozora with non-existing reasons.

I agree with you somewhat, but there are a couple of points I would argue.
1) Yozora being selfish. I haven't seen that yet. Yes she is possessive of Kodaka, but that isn't the same thing as being selfish. As for points where she hasn't been selfish: letting Rika and Kobata into the club, actually going out and forming the club in the first place, organizing events for the whole club. Yozora doesn't put herself out that often, but that is more because of her social ineptness then selfishness. She is the only character that several characters have actually praised. Plus, I think the real reason she left the school will be shown to be for a self sacrificing reason.

2) Yozora as a bully. Honestly, she isn't. She doesn't pick on those weaker than her, which is what a bully does. She targets those stronger than her, only after provocation, and then she attacks the source of their arrogance, in short giving them a dose of their own medicine.

All her "abuse" of Sena has come after Sena's arrogance and Yozora merely turns the table on her but, this is the important part, she never really bullies Sena (though she is capable of doing it). She didn't tape record her after the ero-reading scene, she didn't change Karaoke places after Sena left: those would be the actions of a bully. Yozora always stops short. The one time she didn't, the Mind reading scene, Yozora was actually upset that she hurt Sena, and was relieved to see Sena recovering (this is far more clear in the Light Novel).

Her actions with Maria are in the same vein. As Kate said, Maria couldn't make friends because of her arrogance regarding her intelligence and her inability to act civilized in public. Yozora has effectively disabused Maria of the first arrogance and is working on the second. This is why Kate said she was "particularly" grateful for Yozora.

Yozora has not bullied Rika or Kobata, or anyone else as far as we have been shown. The only real charge of "bullying" would be with Yukimura, but even here she has given Yukimura want she wanted.

If anything, it is Sena who is a bully. With Yusa, Yozora just threw the school rules back into Yusa's face, in short she did what she always done: returns fire with fire. Sena though threatened to get her expelled from school. Not saying that Sena is a bully, she isn't, however this once again shows that the Sena Lovers try to brand Yozora with something that applies equally, if not more fittingly, to Sena.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.