Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

And another defeat in the league where the champion win the title with one Eevee. In the images there was a guy with red/orange hair that i thought would be another bad ass but with as only one more participant.

Come N serie, let's see what you have to show but it will be a very different season from the normal. We won't have fight for badges and since next gen will only start at the end of Summer i think they will really bet in the history this time (ofc with limitations like usual but they need to do that). Ash just need to get back Charizard, Infernape and Gliscor and we will fight all legendaries that can appear xD
Jan 11, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2011
Horrible episode, horrible league came on Ash will not use old Pokemon? thats why he lost or at less krookodile -.-
Jan 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
This... went as expected, I guess :P
I like the Iron Tail clash though.

Regardless, I really DO HOPE that Ash wins the league someday & have him battle the Elite Four and Champion (where it'd be OK for him to lose), to at least show progress on his part
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 12, 2013 4:07 PM
Aug 2012
Why does it says there's only 24 episodes? There's like 49 episodes for Rival Destinies! I'm really confused. Can somebody light me up on this one?
Jan 15, 2013 9:01 AM
Jan 2013
Because Best wishes season 2 starts with the episode when cynthia apperas while rival destinies starts when elesa appears so those series don't coincide
Jan 15, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2010
WOOT VIRGIL WON :D *Screw you Satoshi/Ash, I was rooting for Virgil the whole time rofl* Power of the Eevee + Eeveelutions ftw

Looks like Ash's stuck at Top 8 again >_> nothing new I guess though it really does bother me why they dont want him to win so badly LOL
Jan 17, 2013 11:34 AM
Jun 2011
at least n saga will begin with ash charizard there as well
Jan 18, 2013 1:52 PM
Aug 2012
sebek5000 said:
Because Best wishes season 2 starts with the episode when cynthia apperas while rival destinies starts when elesa appears so those series don't coincide
But Best wishes season 2 is Rival Destinies, that's the full name of the serie "Best Wishes season 2 - Rival Destinies", isn't? And Cynthia does not arrive at the 24th episode anyway... man I'm so confused.
VikmnJan 18, 2013 1:55 PM
Feb 12, 2013 10:36 AM

May 2010
Wow , can't this anime be more lame ? When will Ash win something ? How does a 99 lvl Pikachu loose to a barely evolved Lucario , this series is beyond me ... do kids like it ? I mean what's the point of making the main character be dumb and terrible ???
Feb 12, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
tEnSh1 said:
Wow , can't this anime be more lame ? When will Ash win something ? How does a 99 lvl Pikachu loose to a barely evolved Lucario , this series is beyond me ... do kids like it ? I mean what's the point of making the main character be dumb and terrible ???

Blunt, but I kind of agree. I honestly don't understand why the writers feel it would be such a terrible idea to let Ash win just ONE major league.

I really wish Ash would had called upon the help of any of his way more powerful and experienced Pokemon. Also, I saw "Leaf Blade", "Leaf Storm" and "Vine Whip" but no fourth move. Did "Tsutarja" forget Attract or was that move not used simply because it would have been anti-climatic?

The Sinnoh league was a gazillion times more satisfying than this in my opinion. This felt so small time. Looking forward to the next adventure. ^_^
Feb 19, 2013 8:56 PM
Apr 2010
Daigo-Tsuwabuki said:
Well i get a little bored in this league, we know that satoshi is not red but the diamond and pearl league was a lot more interesting in all concepts. This one feel so rush and stupid with satoshi doing nothing special in it, i dont feel that this guy was a battle brain candidate, anymore.

Waiting some subs for N Saga, it seems a bit different with out the pokemon master thing and badges collect.

I'm agree, this league sucked really hard, Ash got few evolutions and got in the best 8 again. His party in the last battle was terrible. The battle of the last badge was way better than any of the league.
May 14, 2013 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Kittyman said:
tEnSh1 said:

Blunt, but I kind of agree. I honestly don't understand why the writers feel it would be such a terrible idea to let Ash win just ONE major league.

I really wish Ash would had called upon the help of any of his way more powerful and experienced Pokemon. Also, I saw "Leaf Blade", "Leaf Storm" and "Vine Whip" but no fourth move. Did "Tsutarja" forget Attract or was that move not used simply because it would have been anti-climatic?

The Sinnoh league was a gazillion times more satisfying than this in my opinion. This felt so small time. Looking forward to the next adventure. ^_^

infernape <3.<3

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 8:13 AM

Nov 2014
Damn, this must be the most disappointing Pokemon League that i've ever watched.. Trip was a wasted potential after the whole buildup and development while i thought Cameron was kinda meh as a rival.. The end of the tournament is rushed AF (at least they can show us Cameron vs Virgil) so overall this is probably the worst Pokemon League to date and i hope they won't make this kind of mistake in the future :/
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Sep 15, 2016 11:54 PM
May 2013
Meh , It was another average league , I wished he used some old pokemons .
Nov 24, 2021 10:38 PM

Sep 2017
nooo ash,.. you were the choosen one !!!!

pikachu gets obliterated by aura sphere.
Ash why didn't you activate your plot armor!
dang oh well. Can't win them all. Writers teaching the viewers that its okay to lose.

Ash loses kanto league , Johto , hoenn, sinnoh (sinnoh doesn't count that was a cheat) now Unova. GG .
they shake hands after and the kid says he gana win for him. Then he loses and we couldn't see it all. That eevee guy wins the league and off to the champions league. He's gana face the elite four and champion now? idk if we'll see that. He is pretty strong though. I'm not mad he won the league. I'm mad that ash didn't train enough i mean he is still using snivy , Oshawatt. (If he brought his other regions pokemon he def could of won like Charizard, Sceptile but he did say he wanted to win with only pokemons he caught there so it's understandable. )
still , he could have gotten stronger if he evolved them because they get more stronger
(pikachu is exception because thats a legendary *joking* )

now what he gana do now? its over. But now lets see...
Dec 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
And in true fashion Ash loses again.

These 24 episodes just felt like a lot of nostalgia bringing back a lot of old favourites.
Dawn, Onix, Dragonite, Eevee, Giovanni etc.
It had some decent moments but nothing different from the first season of B&W imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode 20 Discussion

Bigbuffoon - Nov 30, 2012

5 by FakeSpicyApple »»
Apr 4, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Rayyy - Aug 25, 2012

3 by FakeSpicyApple »»
Mar 31, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jul 26, 2012

8 by FakeSpicyApple »»
Mar 29, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion

Bigbuffoon - Dec 21, 2012

7 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion

HiyuuT - Dec 2, 2012

1 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.