Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2008 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a crazy bunch of people, and this perfect dose of craziness makes it a huge fun every time.
Is Ami the one behind those tricks at the end? Or even Kitamura or Kushieda? :/

Just found out ex-Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman is the one who appears in the Shoko-Rita show which airs just before Toradora xD, but this goes too much off topic here^^
Nov 26, 2008 8:57 AM

Nov 2008
Very nicely done indeed Hoary! Great LOls and much amusement in this episode! I will rewatch it now!

I got it! I will save comments for when subs come out. All I got to say is that 3 parts made laugh one made me bitch pretty much. One thing is I find Taiga very adorable in that nice white hat! The multiple hands God (forgot its name) imitated by the four (Kushieda/Ryuuji/Kitamura/Taiga) was hilarious.

Here are parts I liked:
1. That part made me LOL so much my face turned red cause it was too much!
2. That part made me LOL pretty good.
3. This part I also LOL very much! I could not stop myself cause their red faces are funny. Should more anime with those faces come I will like this!

Finally I hated this part and I found it strange that Ami acted like that, I mean this sor of thing applies to guys but this was a situation reverse. Would have been better a girl VS girl fight.

Chibuki request gif of 2. and might as well make one 1.
Maybe more after subs. Thank you all on MAL for showing such great anime!

Some questions for discussion:

1. Who found it strange that Ami did not get affected by the whole towel off of Kitamura? Could it be that Ami already did it or saw many guys naked?

2. Those pills Kitamura gave to Aisaka....was it headache pills or tranquilizers?

3. What do people think that Minori will do with the pics taken of Kitamura?

4. When Ami mentioned going to the beach with Ryuuji before they got interrupted was she thinking nude dip?

5. Was it shyness of Aisaka (cause she blushed) of not going with Kitamura on the motorcycle or Taiga does not like motorcycles?

6. Doe Ryuuji's dream suggest something with the way his mother was portrayed?

Let's have fun and start discussing people!
slayer545-samaNov 27, 2008 9:24 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 26, 2008 9:31 AM

Dec 2007
Toradora! only gets better.
Nov 26, 2008 10:36 AM

Oct 2008
I only hope that they

and

and last but not least

>_<
| dA | blog |

He asked us; "Be you angels?" And we said, "NAY! We are but MEN!"
Nov 26, 2008 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
kinda sad for ryuji :'(
anyway looks like ryuji x taiga's plan got turned against themselves lol xD

rarri said:

Couldn't agree more.

Nov 26, 2008 12:50 PM

Dec 2007
slayer545 said:

Someone is SO gonna shoop this.
Nov 26, 2008 12:54 PM

Nov 2008
rarri said:
slayer545 said:

Someone is SO gonna shoop this.

That's what I though!
Nov 26, 2008 1:01 PM

Jan 2008
That scene with Kitamura and the towel was great.
What happened to Inko though?
Nov 26, 2008 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
rarri said:

I couldn't agree more. I haven't seen this ep yet, but I plan too when subs are out.

Pete_CG said:
That scene with Kitamura and the towel was great.
What happened to Inko though?

Although Inko-chan certainly needs a vacation s/he probably stayed with mum.
That bird needs to be sedated. S/he needs prozac, way way way too much stress. I've come to terms the parrot is actually afraid of Ryuuji.

**I LOVE INKO-chan!!**
vaberellaNov 26, 2008 8:39 PM
Nov 26, 2008 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
vaberella said:
I've come to terms the parrot is actually afraid of Ryuuji.

Aww, that will make Ryuuji cry for even his own beloved pet is afraid of him :(
| dA | blog |

Nov 26, 2008 11:54 PM

Jun 2008
I'll do my best to answer your questions
Nov 27, 2008 3:20 AM

Nov 2008
Nerox89 said:
I'll do my best to answer your questions

Cool thanks for the answers, so ah stomach pills! Hmmmmmm, where is thums when you need them! :P

Cool answers anyways but Minori blackmailing......I am not sure about this but it would be nice to see should it happen.
Nov 27, 2008 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
What do you guys think about the balcony scene? I remembered Haruhi with that what Minori said, and they have some similarities I thought.
Nov 27, 2008 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
HoaRy said:
What do you guys think about the balcony scene? I remembered Haruhi with that what Minori said, and they have some similarities I thought.

Appearance counts as well :3
| dA | blog |

Nov 27, 2008 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
lol this totally made my day ^^
ami's teasing is just super! XD
and kushieda is just love~
Nov 27, 2008 6:20 AM

Jun 2008
slayer545 said:

Cool answers anyways but Minori blackmailing......I am not sure about this but it would be nice to see should it happen.

Ah, didn't really mean it that way. Just threw up some reasons as to why people would do something like that :P
If I had to pick a serious reason I'd say it's 'cause it's a fun thing to do :P
Nov 27, 2008 8:16 AM

Jan 2008
lonehunter88 said:
lol this totally made my day ^^
ami's teasing is just super! XD
and kushieda is just love~

mine too! but i felt sorry for ami.
Nov 27, 2008 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
id said:
mine too! but i felt sorry for ami.

yeah... for some reason even if ryuuji doesn't turn her down something will always "help" him to turn her down <|3
| dA | blog |

Nov 27, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
Taiga is just too damned cute. And Minori is well... Minori. God I love her, how can you not?

From the seaweed ghost, to the curry she just amused me greatly this episode. More so than normal. It also nice to see Taiga and Ryuuji get closer. I'm thinking it's Minori and Kitamura doing the pranking though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Also, with Ryuuji gone? R.I.P. Inko-chan. You'll forever be remembered.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 27, 2008 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
The part where the towel fell off was fucking hilarious. "Just now I saw a black and hairy thing"

Minorin is probably the best character in the show, Taiga comes close.
Nov 27, 2008 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
S'ubs out. REJOICE!

Anyway I can now conclude that: Ami is making some really obvious advances towards Ryuuji but things doesn't go her way. EVERY SINGLE TIME. :O

(and I'm sadistic enough to be happy to see Ami failing in that.)
| dA | blog |

Nov 27, 2008 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
laughed a lot during this episode, but a great cliffhanger in the end. Maybe the others plan this and want to bring them together? cant wait for the next one

Nov 27, 2008 12:03 PM
Dec 2007
I think Ami has some hate issues with Kitamura. Maybe Kitamura wasn't as good a friend to her back in the days in comparison to how good a friend he is to Minori and Ryuuji (and to the extent possible, Taiga).

Also some good advances for Ryuuji in both the Kushieda and Aisaka front (was Taiga giving him a massage with her feet there at the end? o.o), plus he totally shot down Ami every chance (which is good, as I hate it when anime turn into total harem-fests). All in all, the dog jokes were just the start of a truly amusing episode. And like someone else suggested, the way the preview presented it, I'm taking a guess that this is Kushieda's revenge at them for scaring her senseless, or Ami felt totally ignored and wanted to rain on their parade.

Nov 27, 2008 12:32 PM

May 2007
I swear there isn't any more hilarious anime.

The more progressing the story, I think the more of a match Kitamura & Minorin. And so does Taiga and Ryuuji.

As far as Ami and Ryuuji, I think she just love to tease Ryuuji because he's that type of straightforward guy that'll react amusingly when someone tease him. :P Loved that shower scene lol!

Also interesting insights about Minorin's personality. Ryuuji also hinted about himself in the conversation. Perhaps there are ghosts who wants to be seen by you, which translate to 'try to open your heart for me' in a way.

Taiga realizes that she and Ryuuji also became closer due to their daily life, being together almost all the time. All those 5 people are pretty much great friends as portrayed in the opening sequence right now. The holiday vacation separates them from the rest of class and gather them together in Ami's village.

Taiga & Ryuuji's plan of scaring Minorin to death seems to backfire against them. Looking forward to next episode as I'm very anxious to see the outcome!

GIF time! Some of the gifs are so big I had to put them inside spoiler lol.

Nov 27, 2008 12:35 PM

Jun 2007
I don't think I've watched an anime that delivers lulz so constantly and and epicly.
Nov 27, 2008 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
ChiBuki said:

The more progressing the story, I think the more of a match Kitamura & Minorin. And so does Taiga and Ryuuji.

As far as Ami and Ryuuji, I think she just love to tease Ryuuji because he's that type of straightforward guy that'll react amusingly when someone tease him. :P Loved that shower scene lol!

Also interesting insights about Minorin's personality. Ryuuji also hinted about himself in the conversation. Perhaps there are ghosts who wants to be seen by you, which translate to 'try to open your heart for me' in a way.

Taiga realizes that she and Ryuuji also became closer due to their daily life, being together almost all the time. All those 5 people are pretty much great friends as portrayed in the opening sequence right now. The holiday vacation separates them from the rest of class and gather them together in Ami's village.

Taiga & Ryuuji's plan of scaring Minorin to death seems to backfire against them. Looking forward to next episode as I'm very anxious to see the outcome!

GIF time! Some of the gifs are so big I had to put them inside spoiler lol.

ChiBuki your gifs are always great! They make me more LOL after the episode! This one is probably the best aside from the last one.
Nov 27, 2008 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
lol surprisingly she has no shame...taking pictures like that like it was the natural thing to do hehe.

it looks like their plan got turned on them haha.
Nov 27, 2008 1:00 PM

Mar 2008
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! loved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2008 1:07 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was really nice episode. Finally not as cliche as previous ones, some interesting character development. I hope Toradora will be like that from now on.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 27, 2008 1:14 PM
Feb 2008
I liked this episode. In fact, it's probably my favorite episode so far.

It's much more entertaining watching Ryuuji's relationship with Minorin and Ami. I personally find his relationship with Taiga incredibly dull.
Nov 27, 2008 1:16 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode, one of the best I've seen this season seriously. The structure of the episode was perfect, the characters' relation and direction too, and everything felt so original and shiny that it's really a good achievement for a comedy/romance anime. Much deeper than what it seems too.

Oh, and when I was beginning to doubt, the scene with Ryuuji under the stars made me remember it clearly : Minorin is an absolutely awesome character, much less an airhead that she wants everyone to believe.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 27, 2008 1:24 PM

Sep 2008
The best, the most funny episode as far...

Love this show, 24 minutes for week is to little, I want more!

Ps. great gifs, especially the photo session :D
Nov 27, 2008 2:24 PM

Feb 2008
Jant said:
Is Kitamura shaving his whole body? ;O

I haven't noticed ANY hair.
Let me enlighten you. Japanese men have less body hair than white women. That is all.
No, that's not all, why would you even notice the lack of hair in the first place?

Anyway, this episode was great. Excellent beach episode. Minorin and Kitamura were so random!

Ryuuji and Ami are my favorite characters though, mostly because they seem closer to normal people than anime characters and they have some major psychological issues. Ryuuji is a cleaning freak, even going so far as to clean the house by himself while all the others were at the beach. There are some other issues but they kind of pale in comparison to Ami's. As a result, they feel much more real.
Taiga has her moments too, mostly awesome embarassing cute moments.
Nov 27, 2008 2:33 PM

Jul 2008
Ami tis too sexy.

Good episode, but I want to see the next one really badly. Looks like it's going to be quite interesting.
Nov 27, 2008 2:47 PM
Dec 2007
kuroshiroi said:
Ryuuji is a cleaning freak, even going so far as to clean the house by himself while all the others were at the beach.
I think this episode marks the first time Ryuuji realized something isn't right when you ditch everyone just to clean something.

Nov 27, 2008 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, for sure another awesome Toradora! episode. Again we get a big dose of humor and hilarious scenes, such as Takasu's dream, the warm-up at the train station, the fight in the train, scarying Kushieda, Kitamura entering the kitchen naked (XD after this I dislike this manwhore character a lot more, even if the scene made me laugh) and Ryuuji entering the bath where Ami flirts with him, which is my favorite moment in this episode.

The setting changed from city / school to seaside / Kawashima's villa and I like it, it's fresh and entertaining to see the plot progressing in a new place. As we speak about plot progress, I just can't get enough of how Toradora shows us the romance between characters with small steps, while it's able to crack a smile on the viewers' face and even makes him smile at the same time, that's the thing I like very much about this anime.

I won't change the rating on my anime list from 9 to anything else, because of one simple reason - I want more Takasu & Kitamura! Even if they're main characters, they just seem to be 2 supporting characters, so that we can see more ouf the three females and I don't like that. If someone would ask me about either of those two, I wouldn't tell him anything about their personality, because we just lack any information about it, we only know their relations with other Toradora characters and their appearance, which is not enough for main characters. It's a common syndrome in this kind of anime, where we deal with romance, so it's not a big problem, but still.

Episode 9 - 9+/10.
Nov 27, 2008 3:35 PM

Nov 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Jant said:
Is Kitamura shaving his whole body? ;O

I haven't noticed ANY hair.
Let me enlighten you. Japanese men have less body hair than white women. That is all.
No, that's not all, why would you even notice the lack of hair in the first place?

Anyway, this episode was great. Excellent beach episode. Minorin and Kitamura were so random!

Ryuuji and Ami are my favorite characters though, mostly because they seem closer to normal people than anime characters and they have some major psychological issues. Ryuuji is a cleaning freak, even going so far as to clean the house by himself while all the others were at the beach. There are some other issues but they kind of pale in comparison to Ami's. As a result, they feel much more real.
Taiga has her moments too, mostly awesome embarassing cute moments.

You mean OCD (Obsessive/Compulsive/Disorder) of cleaning ones property. Yeah tell me about it that smile was the dead give away!
Nov 27, 2008 4:21 PM

Nov 2007
Damn, this was great.
Nov 27, 2008 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
this episode was so funny!!! dam minorin is awsome :P
Nov 27, 2008 5:08 PM

Apr 2008
Hilarioussss. How awesome in Minori? Honestly.

And after Taiga sees Ami in the shower...xD "BOING." Beast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2008 6:28 PM

Jul 2008
ChiBuki said:

Saw Seto no hanayome, School rumble and Ouran high school? I found them all funnier than Toradora :3.

Tough Toradora is still awsome, Taiga FTW.
Nov 27, 2008 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
i rly liked the last episode...but this was even better :P...i was lolil like half of episode :P....i cant wait for next episode...
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Nov 27, 2008 6:48 PM
Oct 2007
HAHAHAHA! I think I laughed most during the naked scene and when Taiga was going, "Boing! Boing! ... BOING!"

Awesome.
Nov 27, 2008 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode. Even though I like Taiga more, I really like it when Minori ends up revealing some of herself to Ryuuji.
Nov 27, 2008 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
Gods, this was the most hilarious episode so far. I was pretty much dying of laughter the entire time. :D

BEGINNER
Nov 27, 2008 7:35 PM
Nov 2007
minorin = <33333
Nov 27, 2008 9:04 PM

Jul 2008
As usually a very good episode. I'm usually not one to be swayed by cute characters but Taiga's scene at the end with Ryuuji was just too damn adorable. 5/5
Nov 27, 2008 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
GAH, another awesome episode! Ami confuses me most of the time, though. I didn't like her at first, due to her being an extra character, disrupting my canon, BUT, she's interesting, to say the least. Expecially the "cleaning the shower" scene.

My favorite part, which I HAD to rewatch had to be...."She was like..."BOING" and..."BOING" and....."BOING!"" XD I love Taiga.
Another 5/5 for this episode. I loved it.
Nov 27, 2008 9:26 PM

Mar 2008
funny ep, but seriously, Ami NEEDS more screen time ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov 27, 2008 10:09 PM

Nov 2008
Stomachbutterfly said:
This episode was ridiculously hilarious XD

I wonder if Taiga is going to start realizing she has feelings for Ryuuji. That's what it seemed like to me at least. I'm a sucker for best friends falling in love, it reminds me of a Lovely Complex sort of thing. They bicker all the time, but slowly realize they see each other more than just friend.

I lovvve Minori and Kitamura as of this episode. I liked them before, but they were just way to funny. I also liked Minori's character development. I kinda think her and Kitamura would be cute together XD

Exactly my thoughts after seeing the subs. Aisaka indeed is realizing her feelings but I think the dream was like the kick in the ass to realize something here is my interpretation:

a) Ryuuji's dream can be translated in reality as him having lots of kids with Aisaka and marrying her but by doing so he gets to be in home with less freedom (his feelings seem to suggest that) and his mother takes care of their kids at the same place.

b)Aisaka's dream just translates in to marriage as well but most likely she saw Ryuuji as a dog instead of human. XD That would be nice to see her dream, I would LOL so much more at it.

Few things since I saw subs

So Kushieda hates scary things/UFOs/Supernatural occurrences. This is a stupid speculations byt maybe Kushieda got kidnapped by Aliens and abused! Who knows but she did say most afraid is UFOs.

Attention a little trick to understand better This worked for me. During the scene with Kushieda and Ryuuji on the balcony. Replace all terms of ghosts/horror/supernatural stuff with the word love. I understood way more than the confusing way they were explaining.

Once again ChiBuki, nice GIFs! :D
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.