Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 23, 2012 3:03 PM

May 2011
Arkane said:
If they do animate GGO, I hope they choose Kana Hanazawa as Shion/Sinon's VA. Can't think of anybody else that would fit her.

Also, GGO is great. There are no bad arcs in SAO.

I think she got kanbaru's VA (bakemonogatari) in a drama CD
Dec 23, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
RockerXD said:
Arkane said:
If they do animate GGO, I hope they choose Kana Hanazawa as Shion/Sinon's VA. Can't think of anybody else that would fit her.

Also, GGO is great. There are no bad arcs in SAO.

I think she got kanbaru's VA (bakemonogatari) in a drama CD
If the news are true yes she did get Sawashiro Miyuki.
Dec 23, 2012 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
Really... wow. That person is in like every anime nowadays.
Dec 23, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
Arkane said:
Really... wow. That person is in like every anime nowadays.

..... correction

Tomatsu Haruka.
Hanazawa Kana.
Sawashiro Miyuki

Those 3 are pretty much everywhere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2012 12:30 AM

Mar 2012
Do you think SAO will get a second season?
Dec 29, 2012 12:58 AM

Aug 2011
'Tis a question that has been asked endless times.

SAO is so successful that it would be a surprise if it doesn't get a second season. On top of that, they have enough material for a new season, what with GGO and Mother's Rosario and that stuff.

To put it simply, I do believe that it would get a second season.

Dec 29, 2012 1:21 AM
Nov 2010
Hyodou said:
It most likely will, but I hope it doesn't.

Should just give the second season to AW instead.
Dec 29, 2012 5:50 AM

Mar 2012
thesnnitro said:
'Tis a question that has been asked endless times.

SAO is so successful that it would be a surprise if it doesn't get a second season. On top of that, they have enough material for a new season, what with GGO and Mother's Rosario and that stuff.

To put it simply, I do believe that it would get a second season.

yeah i know that the novel it's still publishing, but that doesn't mean that it will get another season, i mean i hope it does it's really a great anime
Dec 29, 2012 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
He just told you that it sold like hot bread, A LOT MORE than it should have (and with a lot, a SHITLOAD MORE), it'll surely get a second season.

The question is not IF it gets one, it's WHEN.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 29, 2012 7:30 AM

Jul 2009
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

well, why not hope for both? :D
Dec 29, 2012 8:44 AM
Dec 2008
I did not care about the 1st season at all, because Sinon wasn't there
Dec 29, 2012 9:05 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
needs Season 2, although I think it's complete ending atm. If the author is able to put another arc in, i'm EAGER to watch it! cause technically the SAO and ALO arc can be divided into Season 1 and 2. if it's true that SAO getting a Season 2, that would be the happiest news ever!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2012 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

As much as I disliked AW, I'd rather S2 AW than Shit fart Online, hopefully will like Haru's character better. Kirito's gonna be pulling his Gary Stu powers up his ass anyways, nothing new.
Dec 29, 2012 9:52 AM

Dec 2012
Yulena said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

As much as I disliked AW, I'd rather S2 AW than Shit fart Online, hopefully will like Haru's character better. Kirito's gonna be pulling his Gary Stu powers up his ass anyways, nothing new.
I hope they both get a second season lol, if AW ever did get another season I hope they take care in actually making Haru a likeable character. I hated him, so much.
Dec 29, 2012 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
Why are people talking about AW here?

First, AW sold really well too... So the question is again, when will season 2 be produced, not if it will be produced.

Second, it's the SAO forum.
Yulena said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

Too bad Kirito does not fit the Gary Stu description, thus, he is not one.

Autocrat said:
Dec 29, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2009
animefan3 said:
needs Season 2, although I think it's complete ending atm. If the author is able to put another arc in, i'm EAGER to watch it! cause technically the SAO and ALO arc can be divided into Season 1 and 2. if it's true that SAO getting a Season 2, that would be the happiest news ever!!!
Did you read the posts above?There are 4(with Caliber and Underworld) more arcs in the LN.They have material for 2 more seasons and some ovas

4000 posts WOHOOOO!!
ssjokgDec 29, 2012 10:53 AM
Dec 29, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2012
Why did i know this would be about SAO when i first saw the title? Honestly just go read the light novel if you wanna know what happens next.
Dec 29, 2012 10:54 AM
Jul 2012
setsuna91 said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

I hope that AW gets a second season because it needs one(if they could somehow make haru more manly that would be great)
But SAO neither needs nor dos it deserve a second season, hell I think it should have ended after the second episode
Dec 29, 2012 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
There's already a thread for this.

Why does nobody look into anything before creating dumbass threads?
A thread about this?Thats like in every SAO thread.
Dec 29, 2012 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
Ichigo47 said:
setsuna91 said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

I hope that AW gets a second season because it needs one(if they could somehow make haru more manly that would be great)
But SAO neither needs nor dos it deserve a second season, hell I think it should have ended after the second episode
Oh the hate.Obviously those that enjoyed and bought(if japanese) SAO dont deserve to be happy more that you right?
Dec 29, 2012 10:59 AM
Oct 2012
Ichigo47 said:
setsuna91 said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

I'd be interested in your criteria for deciding whether or not something deserves more seasons. I follow this weird notion that sales and popularity decide if something deserves more seasons, and not the opinion of someone who doesn't even pay for my product.
Dec 29, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
"But that's an appeal to popularity!" they say.

Nobody said anything about quality... We're actually speaking about the necessary money which comes out of this popularity because with popularity there's money.

And with money, more seasons.

Bringing in mind projection fallacies like "I don't like it, no more seasons for it." is retarded.

Thank you for reading this message.

Autocrat said:
Dec 29, 2012 12:02 PM

Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
Why are people talking about AW here?

First, AW sold really well too... So the question is again, when will season 2 be produced, not if it will be produced.

Second, it's the SAO forum.
Yulena said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

Too bad Kirito does not fit the Gary Stu description, thus, he is not one.

Too bad Kirito is a Gary Stu, with his OP Gary Stu powahs and Garu Stu battle action whatever the heck he does, thus he is one.
Dec 29, 2012 12:16 PM
Oct 2012
Yulena said:

with his OP Gary Stu powahs and Garu Stu battle action whatever the heck he does, thus he is one.

What a convincing argument.
Dec 29, 2012 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
No he is not, a Gary Stu would never lose in a fight, he lost vs Heathcliff in SAO. He had to fight a half hp Gleameyes to be able to defeat him and he almost died there too.

A Gary Stu would be really masculine and would always fit the rule of cool, from what I remember, most people mistook him for a girl, and he's not muscular and has no "scars of battle".

All women in the anime should love him if he'd be a Gary Stu, but he met girls that would not fall for him.

From what I know, he also has CD's on spells, I don't remember him ever using his skills over and over again destroying everything in his path either, he also had to be saved from a sociopath like Kuradel that has no idea how to fight.

He also could not save everybody he met, he's never God Mode and him being "dark and edgy" is only something to hide he's a beta player and to make people dislike having him in a party, he then changes to a normal kid, sometimes sad and always thinking of what's going to happen because of the environment he's in (a death game).

So no, your argument is invalid, he does not fit any characteristics of a Gary Stu and he's not perfect in any of his "skills".

(actually it was invalid before even me telling you why, you had no argument at all)

Autocrat said:
Dec 29, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
Immahnoob said:
No he is not, a Gary Stu would never lose in a fight, he lost vs Heathcliff in SAO. He had to fight a half hp Gleameyes to be able to defeat him and he almost died there too.

A Gary Stu would be really masculine and would always fit the rule of cool, from what I remember, most people mistook him for a girl, and he's not muscular and has no "scars of battle".

All women in the anime should love him if he'd be a Gary Stu, but he met girls that would not fall for him.

From what I know, he also has CD's on spells, I don't remember him ever using his skills over and over again destroying everything in his path either, he also had to be saved from a sociopath like Kuradel that has no idea how to fight.

He also could not save everybody he met, he's never God Mode and him being "dark and edgy" is only something to hide he's a beta player and to make people dislike having him in a party, he then changes to a normal kid, sometimes sad and always thinking of what's going to happen because of the environment he's in (a death game).
(actually it was invalid before even me telling you why, you had no argument at all)

to add to that:
He also showcased enough flaws to be realistic, was quite an anti-social person lacking the basic experience of socializing with others(something the story actually showed him slowly conquering) managed to lose his determination multiple times, actually had one or two mental break-downs, almost fucked up everything that was at stake in ALO because of his own ego, his dark-and-edgy persona was never glorified(as in, instead of 'I am so dark and brooding, how awesome" it was "here's a case of strong cPTSD showcasing of just how fucked up he is right now") and so on.

One could list the facts on why he is NOT a gary stu for days and some people would still misuse that term.
Dec 29, 2012 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, people are ignorant, I know.

Autocrat said:
Dec 29, 2012 7:25 PM
Jan 2012
Quality is subjective. There is no set standard, only opinions. The way the world works is that the dominant opinion of society becomes the standard norm.

With that in mind, popularity becomes the equivalent of quality. If something is popular, it's working, therefore it's quality.
Dec 29, 2012 7:28 PM

Apr 2011
honestly if there is going to be a season 2, i hope it would be like the episodes from like 12-15 where it's them together. i cant take them being separated anymore.... :/
Dec 29, 2012 7:30 PM

May 2011
Physiicx said:
honestly if there is going to be a season 2, i hope it would be like the episodes from like 12-15 where it's them together. i cant take them being separated anymore.... :/

Not gonna happen, she's gonna get 15min of screen time max throughout the season. And if they do adapt her arc, only maybe 10min of screen time of them being together.
Dec 29, 2012 9:43 PM
Jun 2012
yeah there will be a second season i am sure ;)
Dec 30, 2012 4:33 AM

May 2012
Give season 2 to Accel World or make GGO.

Anything without Kirito and Asuna will suffice..

Off to watch Monster.

"We are the Fury"- House Baratheon

Dec 30, 2012 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
Get it please. They're two different shows. They both sold well. They'll both get a season 2.

Autocrat said:
Dec 30, 2012 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
Sethlol said:
Give season 2 to Accel World or make GGO.

Anything without Kirito and Asuna will suffice..
That doesnt make sense since Kirito IS in GGO.Unless you mean that you dont want KiritoxAsuna scenes.

They have different studio too.
Dec 30, 2012 4:36 AM
Nov 2010
setsuna91 said:
Z-flame said:
Hyodou said:

Would be fine
Dec 30, 2012 9:09 AM

Oct 2010
Very likely.
Dec 30, 2012 9:16 AM

Oct 2012
I can only hope and pray! I absolutely loved the first season and from what I read the GGO arc sounds very intriguing. And if not, oh well. I still have 25 episodes of excellence with a pretty solid ending. I wish all anime would wrap up their story threads like SAO.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Dec 31, 2012 8:57 AM
Aug 2012
I hope not. It's crap. Horrible Gary Stue self insert crap with nothing redeeming about it.
Dec 31, 2012 9:04 AM

Mar 2012
I hope it gets another season because it was getting better
Dec 31, 2012 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
megucas said:
I hope not. It's crap. Horrible Gary Stue self insert crap with nothing redeeming about it.
I can't wait to see you people cry when it gets announced.
Dec 31, 2012 1:31 PM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
megucas said:
I can't wait to see you people cry when it gets announced.

People are actually upset? I don't see the point of getting upset theres a 100% chance it's gonna happen.
Dec 31, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
megucas said:

Wait until Mahouka gets adaptation. SAO is nothing compared to that shit.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 31, 2012 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
NO, PLEASE NO.

Autocrat said:
Jan 6, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
Merged. Several topics have been merged into this thread (and a previous one).

The older locked topic was here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516977
TachiiJan 6, 2013 4:09 PM
Jan 7, 2013 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
BloodRequiem said:
megucas said:

Wait until Mahouka gets adaptation. SAO is nothing compared to that shit.

Ugh, don't remind me. People really need to enhance their real life because if they really only buy it for self-insertion/escape their miserable life something has gone wrong irl.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 7, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2011
Immahnoob said:
NO, PLEASE NO.

I concur.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jan 7, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
This thread should NOT be about Naruto fillers, which Naruto season was better, etc. Please don't feed the off-topic remarks.

Just a warning. Deleted some posts regarding Naruto.
Jan 7, 2013 4:31 PM

May 2012
Maybe it doesn't have to be a direct continuation? Though the ending leaves it a little open for them to do something with it.
Jan 7, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Moonlit_Umbreon said:
Maybe it doesn't have to be a direct continuation? Though the ending leaves it a little open for them to do something with it.
THe next arc has nothing to do with ALO.It's a new game that deals with a certain event from SAO arc.
Jan 7, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2012
ssjokg said:
Moonlit_Umbreon said:
THe next arc has nothing to do with ALO.It's a new game that deals with a certain event from SAO arc.
Oh, I didn't know there was already a storyline in place and set up for it. I kind of just jumped into the middle of the thread without looking. So there's a third whole new game that has to do with an event in SAO?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.