Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2012 9:40 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this much more than the previous two entries in this new Fist of the North Star series. The first two attempted to add new material and while that might be a good idea in principle (like in the OVA focuses on Yuria), it didn't actually work very well.

It may seem less creative, but I think simply re-adapting parts of Fist of the North Star is a decent idea. The original comic series ran in a weekly magazine and it feels like it; it was clearly made up as it went along and it sometimes feels rough and directionless because of that. An adaptation that has the whole story already written can put its efforts toward polishing what went right and discarding what went wrong or was unnecessary. For instance, the original feels frustratingly padded and hesitant between Kenshiro and Raoh's abortive confrontation in Yuria's castle and their final battle.

This one is worth seeing just for its different approach to things compared with the TV series. The more delicate scoring (no '80s guitar shredding here) stood out to me.
Oct 15, 2015 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
This movies was great. A lot of emotional scenes and an epic finale.
Aug 8, 2016 7:35 AM

Feb 2013
Raoh's final moment almost made me cry.
But when Kokuoh went to Reina with his ashes made me cry, you were a great man Raoh!
Aug 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Oct 2010
I liked the movie, too bad we didn't get the Juuza fight, I enjoyed the minor add-ons.
Dec 26, 2019 7:33 AM

Jul 2015
Nice fight between Kenshiro and Raoh

Too bad they didn't have Juuza but still good movie, looked really similiar to the original series

Feb 15, 2:40 AM

May 2015
The first three movies were building up quite the anticipated showdown between Kenshiro and Raoh and i'm glad to see it realized in this film. They really added a lot of depth to his desires and motivation for why Raoh acted the way he did. It was a great resolution to his character arc in my opinion and i'm glad to have seen it.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.