Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2008 5:01 PM

May 2007
Okay, so I've been following the details of this game very closely for the past few months. The battle system looks very interesting and I do love the way the game looks. We still don't know much about the story unfortunately, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Anyway, I've also heard mixed thoughts about whether this game will be good or not. And I think my worries about that have been lessened greatly with Famitsu's review on the game, giving it an amazing 38/40. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll necessarily love the game to death, but it is promising. :)

Anyone else excited for this game?
Nov 19, 2008 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Oh wow, the release date sneaked up on me. I've been wanting this game for a long time. :) Very excited! I'll probably pick it up next week and binge game.
Nov 19, 2008 5:11 PM

May 2008
I've been watching this one as well, really the only concern I have going into it is the stuttering I've seen during battle sequences on gameplay trailers. It's a little thing, but it's given me enough of a pause to want to wait for reviews.

If it's simply a poor trailer recording, or relatively minor once you're in game, then that's good. My concern is that if it's pervasive throughout the battle sequences, it could be an indication for a lack of polish. Of course, I'm also coming off of Infinite Undiscovery which, despite it's glaring flaws, I ended up enjoying.

Nov 20, 2008 3:43 AM

Apr 2008
How much longer until PS3 release?
Nov 20, 2008 4:03 AM
Jun 2006
probably 6 months or so :(

Nov 20, 2008 4:15 AM

Aug 2007
GoTF said:
How much longer until PS3 release?

We don't know yet, the PC and PS3 versions are still TBA. All reviewers claim check the upcoming months.

Anyway I'm just going to wait out on this game for now. All the reviews I have been seeing make it seem to be a "been there, done that." I'll wait till the prices drop before I get it. It seems like it suffering from a lot of problems that seem to happen from using the Unreal Engine. Maybe the PS3 version or PC might fix these problems. Well I'll just wait it out for now.
Nov 20, 2008 3:50 PM

May 2007
I *just* got the game, and although I haven't played too far into it, its rather interesting. A few complains I do have early on is that there are waaaay too many loading times between things. And the flow of conversation isn't as fluid as I expected it to be. Can't say much about the battle system though as I haven't had many "real" battles yet. Will tune it later.
Nov 24, 2008 4:53 PM

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:
A few complains I do have early on is that there are waaaay too many loading times between things.

Install it on your hard drive, it loads much faster.

Btw i think TLR is total shite, crap sound, crap story, crap voice acting. Annoying resident evil type moving of arms every time a character speaks. Realllllllllly bad texture pop ups. REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY CRAP VOICE ACTING. Plus i dont like the combat system at all, i hear it gets much better later on in the game, but i just cant be arsed to spend the time it would take. A massive let down, iwas really hoping for an epic RPG. I know i have only spent an hour or so on the game and i should give it much more time. But my first impressions of the game are so bad i may be forced to burn it. Luckily I bought Eternal Sonata so i now have a good RPG to play on^^
blah

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3538 by Mayron_Luctus »»
53 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

532 by M2zC »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

150 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
6 hours ago

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

21 by whitebeartigtig »»
12 hours ago

» Contrary to popular belief, Windows 8.1 is still being supported RIGHT NOW

DesuMaiden - Apr 29

7 by whitebeartigtig »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.