Forum Settings
Forums

Why is it so hard to find good anime nowadays?

New
Dec 17, 2012 1:30 PM
Dec 2012
Titles coming out nowadays are getting less and less interesting... Maybe I'm just getting old

Anime these days are mostly generic moeblob trash. It's like they can't survive without resorting to fan service now.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2012 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
Define "good".
Dec 17, 2012 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

And "hard" and "nowadays".
Dec 17, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2008
Not_Biased said:
Why is it so hard to find good anime nowadays?.

Maybe you're not trying hard enough to begin with? Considering the size of your list, there should be plenty you haven't seen. Oh, can I assume your one to heavily judge an anime simply by its appearing based on your opening post?

Also, the fact that we're constantly getting those 'generic moeblob trash' and 'fanservice' shows is simple, they sell.
Dec 17, 2012 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
nil- said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

And "moeblob" and "thrash"

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 17, 2012 1:42 PM

Jun 2011
nil- said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

And "Generic moeblob trash"
Dec 17, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
And yet you give Highschool DxD a 10 ... And have only seen like 10 series ... You are trolling right?

You also gave Naruto a 10 ... I'm forced to think that you actually love fan service...
Mar 2011
FastWheels said:
nil- said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

and ignore all these guys
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jun 2009
rederoin said:
nil- said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

And "moeblob" and "trash"

Basically, his entire post.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 17, 2012 1:44 PM
Dec 2012
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

good: satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree

looks like the production studios are catering to the Japanese otaku who seem to care more about SUPER-OMEGA-KAWAII-DESU characters rather than things like good plot, interesting characters, and character development

Jun 2011
DateYutaka said:
FastWheels said:
nil- said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

OH BOY HERE WE GO

Nov 2009
I am 99% sure this guy is trolling...

Just look at his list, and then you will get a much better perspective at how retarded his opening statement was.
Dec 17, 2012 1:45 PM

Dec 2009
26 entries on your anime list... you just haven't seen nothing!
watch more anime, the great ones that you don't know about.

You could change this thread title and make it for asking for MAL users to recommend you the great/famous animes.
... that you clearly don't know about.

plus your, what 19 or 20? Your not getting old xD
Your just not wathing enough anime, which includes the great ones.

Nov 2012
His name is "Not_Biased" yet this post completely biased.
Mar 2011
FastWheels said:
DateYutaka said:
FastWheels said:
nil- said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

OH BOY HERE WE GO

This Guy is Smart and you troll him
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 2011
Not_Biased said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

Its doing fine in that case, even better than before if I say so myself.

Dec 17, 2012 1:46 PM

Aug 2011
He is obviously a troll , dropped Ergo proxy at episode 1.

Jan 2008
Not_Biased said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

looks like the production studios are catering to the Japanese otaku who seem to care more about SUPER-OMEGA-KAWAII-DESU characters rather than things like good plot, interesting characters, and character development

I think you may simply be biased *cough* towards 'moe' anime. If someone suggested you a SUPER-OMEGA-KAWAII-DESU anime with good plot, characters and development, would you even watch it?

Nov 2009
Gives Naruto a 10 and Highschool DxD a 10 ... Has never seen an anime older than like 5 years unless Dragon Ball Z counts -_-
Dec 17, 2012 1:47 PM
Mar 2011
Paul said:
Not_Biased said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

I think you may simply be biased *cough* towards 'moe' anime. If someone suggested you a SUPER-OMEGA-KAWAII-DESU anime with good plot, characters and development, would you even watch it?

that what should be called and oxymoron

Dec 17, 2012 1:48 PM

Nov 2012
Not_Biased said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

But they do have a good plot, seems like the "SUPER-OMEGA-KAWAII-DESU" is blinding you from it.
Dec 17, 2012 1:53 PM

Jun 2009
SEARCH HARDER!
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta

Nov 2012
Calls Naruto... The Holy Grail of Anime... and complains about... Quality..

Still respect your opinion tho

Dec 2012
He given Monster a 4 O_o
Dec 17, 2012 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Well, according to Sturgeon's law, 90% of everything is crap.

That means 10% of anime out there is good.

Good luck finding them op.
Dec 17, 2012 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
iamokay000 said:
if you dont like 'childish',you should not watch anime at all in the very 1st place

The genre of seinen disagrees with you
Dec 17, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 2012
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:
if you dont like 'childish',you should not watch anime at all in the very 1st place

Nice I was just about to say something similar
Dec 17, 2012 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
Btw why do Japanese guys care more about attractive characters in a show rather than good plot? Are fewer and fewer of them not "getting it in" nowadays? The number of moe shows keep increasing each year.

Dec 17, 2012 2:00 PM
Mar 2011
alexx_310 said:
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:

cause how alot of seinen anime character art look kiddy while shounen art look mature alot of the time

lucky star vs area no kishi for example

Dec 17, 2012 2:01 PM
Dec 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
And yet you give Highschool DxD a 10 ... And have only seen like 10 series ... You are trolling right?

You also gave Naruto a 10 ... I'm forced to think that you actually love fan service...

So what? Highschool DxD is ecchi but it has a plot and the plot is good.
I've seen a lot of people claiming that "Highschool of the dead" is good. It might be good... to fap, that's all.

Naruto is pretty good. What's the problem, again?

If I loved fanservice I'd watch fairy tail, like you.

AkaSnake said:
He is obviously a troll , dropped Ergo proxy at episode 1.

Just because I dropped it does not mean it's bad. There were a lot of terms that they didn't explain and I didn't feel like watching until the end to know whats happening.

Paul said:
Not_Biased said:
alexx_310 said:
Define "good".

sure, why not

Apr 2012
With 10 anime completed, I don't think you have the powerlevel to judge what is good yet.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Mar 2011
Danielcook said:
Btw why do Japanese guys care more about attractive characters in a show rather than good plot? Are fewer and fewer of them not "getting it in" nowadays? The number of moe shows keep increasing each year.

the Coulre green

Dec 17, 2012 2:02 PM

Jun 2009
Danielcook said:

Again, implying that a "moe" show cannot have a "good plot" or whatever is ridiculous.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 17, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
alexx_310 said:
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:

I know what you mean, I'm just saying,
Dec 17, 2012 2:03 PM

Nov 2012
DateYutaka said:
alexx_310 said:
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:

cause how alot of seinen anime character art look kiddy while shounen art look mature alot of the time

So now we're going over Art-style vs. Plot?
Dec 17, 2012 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
Danielcook said:

Maybe its just that because its really popular at this moment, they take advantage of doing more moe animes.
Dec 17, 2012 2:05 PM
Mar 2011
alexx_310 said:
DateYutaka said:
alexx_310 said:
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:

So now we're going over Art-style vs. Plot?

nope thats the most fare seinen vs shonen in both anime and manga in past 6 -8 years before you say monster that manga come out in the 90's

Dec 17, 2012 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
It seems most people still think "moe" is a genre...

Dec 17, 2012 2:09 PM

Oct 2012
They prefer the cute girls rather the cool, awesome plot.
Dec 17, 2012 2:09 PM

Nov 2009
Not_Biased said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

I've seen a lot of people claiming that "Highschool of the dead" is good. It might be good... to fap, that's all.

I have watched ALOT of anime ... Me watching fairy tale is pretty insignificant, the fact is I neither keep up with the show nor have I given it a 10? Your point being what?

Also I am sick and tired of these derps that get on the forum after watching like 10 shows or the big 3 and immediately professing "Why do all other anime suck" or your personal comment is funny "Why is it so hard to find good anime nowadays?" Implying you have watched anime for over what? 3 months? Is that a fair guess?

Honestly what nowadays are you referring to if you clearly can't judge a series on anything but its art, this fact is proven by any older series you have watched rated so lowly? It's that idea that the art needs to be good that has brought about this whole zero plot and moe overload fad ... just fyi you are clearly a part of it.
Dec 17, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
DateYutaka said:
alexx_310 said:
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:

I'd prefer not to start an argument with you, for many reasons but that example was horrible. There are plenty of non-kiddy character designs for seinen anime.

You'll generally find two kinds of seinen anime, the moeblob one where it's usually more like fap material cute girls doing cute things, stuff like A-Channel and OreImo (/flame shield up) and then the more serious style, which are much higher rated as well, such as Monster, Bacanno, Rainbow, etc.

Shounen on the other hand, has the more less serious character design, you could say inbetween the moe and serious. The only anime they comes to mind that even comes close to falling more into seinen style character designs but is a shounen is Death Note.
Dec 17, 2012 2:14 PM

Dec 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
Not_Biased said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

I have watched ALOT of anime ... Me watching fairy tale is pretty insignificant, the fact is I neither keep up with the show nor have I given it a 10? Your point being what?

Also I am sick and tired of these derps that get on the forum after watching like 10 shows or the big 3 and immediately professing "Why do all other anime suck" or your personal comment is funny "Why is it so hard to find good anime nowadays?" Implying you have watched anime for over what? 3 months? Is that a fair guess?

Honestly what nowadays are you referring to if you clearly can't judge a series on anything but its art, this fact is proven by any older series you have watched rated so lowly? It's that idea that the art needs to be good that has brought about this whole zero plot and moe overload fad ... just fyi you are clearly a part of it.

you think OP is trolling or really just asking a stupid question when he only has 26 entries on his anime list?
I wonder...

either case its a very stupid question and judgement.
Dec 17, 2012 2:14 PM
Jun 2012
Danielcook said:
Btw why do otaku care more about attractive characters in a show rather than good plot? Are fewer and fewer of them not "getting it in" nowadays? The number of moe shows keep increasing each year.

Fixed.
Dec 17, 2012 2:15 PM

Nov 2009
Paul said:
DateYutaka said:
alexx_310 said:
RandomPerson2 said:
iamokay000 said:

I'd prefer not to start an argument with you, for many reasons but that example was horrible. There are plenty of non-kiddy character designs for seinen anime.

You'll generally find two kinds of seinen anime, the moeblob one where it's usually more like fap material cute girls doing cute things, stuff like A-Channel and OreImo (/flame shield up) and then the more serious style, which are much higher rated as well, such as Monster, Bacanno, Rainbow, etc.

Shounen on the other hand, has the more less serious character design, you could say inbetween the moe and serious. The only anime they comes to mind that even comes close to falling more into seinen style character designs but is a shounen is Death Note.

Would agree Shounen and shoujo have a more set animation style, the art is usually rather similar ...

However using Lucky Star as a reference for seinen is retarded, Seinen and Josei have a much more undefined animation style that really is spread out all over the place, seinen and josei are usually less defined by their art and more about the themes and content within them ...
Dec 17, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2010
DateYutaka said:

This Guy is Smart and you troll him

That guy hasn't seen shit and I am not convinced he is even looking for shows that would fit his biased needs.

If anime production companies are now is pandering to Japanese otaku then what where those production companies doing 5 years ago? 10 year ago? How about 20 years? Every year anime production companies pay attention to what trends actually SELL anime and then produce whatever they think will work within the trends of the time.

Who gives a shit if nowadays doesn't fit your damn needs. Go look for a time when your little needs match what's being put out. If you can't find something in any of the eras then you are fresh out of luck because you[the OP] are not going to be catered to by those Japanese companies. Why don't you just find something on TV to watch the suits your needs? I hear Brickleberry pretty damn funny and you won't have to deal with Japanese trends, only American stereotypes about Blacks, Gays, and maybe a little implied incest.

Dec 17, 2012 2:23 PM
Dec 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:

Dude, you're mad because I gave Naruto a 10? I gave it a 10 because I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, thats all. Same reason I gave monster a 4. I gave monster a 4 not because its bad, I just didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Paul said:

Thats the point of this thread!! The animes you've listed: "Monster, Bacanno, Rainbow". They are pretty old. There aren't animes like them nowadays.
Dec 17, 2012 2:26 PM

Nov 2012
Not_Biased said:

Thats the point of this thread!! The animes you've listed: "Monster, Bacanno, Rainbow". They are pretty old. There aren't animes like them nowadays.

Dude, how are we suppose to know what's "old" if you don't give us a deffinition. Also let me give you a new example: Fate/Zero
Dec 17, 2012 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
>animes
lel
Dec 17, 2012 2:29 PM

Sep 2010
Not_Biased said:

Try looking at their production dates or looking at what gets made by the year. That's proof that a few anime like those shows get made on a yearly basis and shows like that have never been the majority of what's produced.

Dec 17, 2012 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
Not_Biased said:
Paul said:

Monster (2004~5), Baccano (2007), Rainbow (2010). If 2010 is consider 'old', what' is 'new' to you? Something that aired a month ago?
PaulDec 17, 2012 2:34 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

24 by TsutanaiFuun »»
10 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 9 hours ago

22 by ProGoddess »»
16 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

8 by Hikinekomori »»
24 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

109 by maulaa »»
27 minutes ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

114 by decco6226 »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.