Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2012 1:53 PM

Aug 2011

I'm impressed! they changed.... absolutely nothing.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Dec 14, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2007
Nothing to change in the first place. BD isn't about changes - even if other anime releases do that sometimes - it's just about a release of the show being in a much higher quality format. Bluray wasn't developed so people could release tv versions of shows and then add and change things in the BD release - it's just another device to contain information at better quality than it's predecessor. It'll look sharper, crisper, and more vibrant including at higher resolutions.
Dec 14, 2012 5:58 PM

May 2011
blubberflub said:
I'm impressed! they changed.... absolutely nothing.

TallonKarrde23 is correct. Can't always expect for animation to get fixed in BD releases. Just take it for what it is, this anime is doing fine enough and animation fixes won't make it that much more enjoyable.
Dec 14, 2012 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
That video was nice to watch though. They might fix the timing of the music.
Dec 15, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
I noticed some changes in the Preview there for episode one, but nothing significant. Even if BD is only for changing the quality, if they don't fix up the Gimps and errors in the episodes, well fuck you J.C Staff as most studios do this from what I've seen in my fair collection of Blu-rays.
Dec 15, 2012 6:13 PM

Jun 2012
Honestly I hope this doesn't sell. The worse it does the more likely it is that we'll see Kyoto Animation do it properly later (if we're lucky).

Plus since it'll be a long time until a full series Blu Ray comes out I won't be buying it anyway. As long as I can do something that even MIGHT help get a better adaption later I won't buy it. Call me a piece of shit, pirate, asshole, etc. etc. I don't like it enough to pay.

Unless Refrain is done VERY well. Well enough and I'll get it, but that's mighty iffy.
Dec 15, 2012 9:37 PM

Dec 2011
Well im defiantly going to buy it. Hopefully Funimation get it, because i don't really like Sentai's plain releases, but considering they do get a lot of Key works.....
Dec 15, 2012 11:03 PM

May 2012
360p for a Blue ray preview
Dec 16, 2012 6:15 AM

Jul 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
Honestly I hope this doesn't sell. The worse it does the more likely it is that we'll see Kyoto Animation do it properly later (if we're lucky).

Plus since it'll be a long time until a full series Blu Ray comes out I won't be buying it anyway. As long as I can do something that even MIGHT help get a better adaption later I won't buy it. Call me a piece of shit, pirate, asshole, etc. etc. I don't like it enough to pay.

Unless Refrain is done VERY well. Well enough and I'll get it, but that's mighty iffy.

This.

My guess is that Refrain will be done very well if JC and Warner change the staff in the next season. Looking how the ongoing season is doing bad in sells for Key standards, I can almost see the producers unsatisfied.
Well, at least a well done Refrain can please the VN fans... I don't think that most of the anime-only watchers will have patience enough with the ongoing season.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Dec 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Feb 2012
Well current estimates have it selling at Kanon 2002 levels which is pretty bad..

If the real sales #'s are anything close to the estimates, a Little Busters ( 2016) by KyoAni could be possible ;p
Dec 16, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
Yvese said:
Well current estimates have it selling at Kanon 2002 levels which is pretty bad..

If the real sales #'s are anything close to the estimates, a Little Busters ( 2016) by KyoAni could be possible ;p

What are the current estimates?
Dec 16, 2012 12:02 PM

Feb 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Yvese said:

It's at 5.3k BDs atm and estimated @ 5.8k by release.

Even if it doubles estimates that's still lower than KyoAni's lowest average Key adaptation which was Kanon @ 18k.

Dec 16, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yvese said:

It's at 5.3k BDs atm and estimated @ 5.8k by release.

Even if it doubles estimates that's still lower than KyoAni's lowest average Key adaptation which was Kanon @ 18k.

We could possibly see a remake if that were too happen for the sales, but I'm not putting any faith in a remake.
Jan 17, 2013 2:48 AM
Jan 17, 2013 3:20 AM

Aug 2011
I'll give you anything you want if you upload kurugaya's animated kicks from episode 3.
Jan 17, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
I'll give you anything you want if you upload kurugaya's animated kicks from episode 3.

This
Jan 17, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2011
Im gonna start watching the first 3 episodes on volume 1 then i will.
Jan 17, 2013 3:45 AM

Aug 2011
:)
Jan 17, 2013 5:42 AM

Dec 2011
lol just watched that bit, it really doesn't look any different/better.
Overall from what i can see, nothings really changed except that watching it in 1080p makes it look a bit better. In some of the scenes the backgrounds really stood out too.
Jan 17, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2011
Tr1ckR said:
lol just watched that bit, it really doesn't look any different/better.
Overall from what i can see, nothings really changed except that watching it in 1080p makes it look a bit better. In some of the scenes the backgrounds really stood out too.

What do you think of Kurugaya animated kicks? I'm planning to download the BD version just because of that, but if is badly animated I don't want to waste my time...

Jan 17, 2013 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
I don't get it why you people expecting some significant changes in the BD version. They're only just like in Higher Quality/High Definition version. And if there are some censored parts, they'll become uncensored in the BDs like To Love-Ru series.

Jan 17, 2013 6:56 AM

Jul 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
I don't get it why you people expecting some significant changes in the BD version. They're only just like in Higher Quality/High Definition version. And if there are some censored parts, they'll become uncensored in the BDs like To Love-Ru series.

The only studio I remember doing significant changes in BD versions (and not all for good) is SHAFT. So I don't expect anything amazing from LB!, but the announce of a new animated scene made me curious.

Jan 17, 2013 7:35 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah its pretty much the exact same as the TV version but higher resolution. Whats this about a new animated scene?
Jan 17, 2013 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
Tr1ckR said:
Yeah its pretty much the exact same as the TV version but higher resolution. Whats this about a new animated scene?

I saw in some blogs that they animated the scene where Kurugaya kicks Masato in episode 03. Is it true?

Jan 17, 2013 8:19 AM

Dec 2011
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Tr1ckR said:

I saw in some blogs that they animated the scene where Kurugaya kicks Masato in episode 03. Is it true?

oh yeah they did lol, totally forgot they didnt do that on the TV version
Jan 17, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
Mary_Vanucchi said:

The only studio I remember doing significant changes in BD versions (and not all for good) is SHAFT. So I don't expect anything amazing from LB!, but the announce of a new animated scene made me curious.

Is that so? The series that I've only watched by SHAFT are -monogatari series and SZS series. Well, I never followed BDs to begin with.

Tr1ckR said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Tr1ckR said:

Maybe I'll try to check that one out.

But in all seriousness about Kurugaya's kick, is that a big deal?

Jan 17, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Is that so? The series that I've only watched by SHAFT are -monogatari series and SZS series. Well, I never followed BDs to begin with.

Maybe "the only studio" is a exaggerate statement since I don't know much of BDs, but they are well-known for their significative changes.

Homever, Madoka BDs brought some changes in sceneries that I didn't enjoy much. Some were for better, others not. As a simple viewer I don't find it a big deal, but is curious to see SHAFT pulling more money for these substancial changes.

Sa-chan_ said:

Tr1ckR said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Tr1ckR said:

Maybe I'll try to check that one out.

But in all seriousness about Kurugaya's kick, is that a big deal?

Not really, but if is well done it can be a little bonus worth checking. I'm just curious. :P

Jan 18, 2013 12:55 AM

Aug 2011
its got me pretty curious, since it's literally one of the only frames of sakuga in the series.

i've been looking for it everyday since the bd was released on the 26th. I would suck a dudes dick to see it animated.
Jan 18, 2013 2:34 AM

Dec 2011
Funya-Usagi said:
its got me pretty curious, since it's literally one of the only frames of sakuga in the series.

i've been looking for it everyday since the bd was released on the 26th. I would suck a dudes dick to see it animated.

i wasn't going to upload it because i didn't think it was that well animated, but if no one else has put it up by Saturday afternoon i will.
Jan 18, 2013 3:29 AM

Aug 2011
I will virtually suck your dick
Jan 18, 2013 5:58 PM
Jul 2009
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Maybe "the only studio" is a exaggerate statement since I don't know much of BDs, but they are well-known for their significative changes.

Homever, Madoka BDs brought some changes in sceneries that I didn't enjoy much. Some were for better, others not. As a simple viewer I don't find it a big deal, but is curious to see SHAFT pulling more money for these substancial changes.

Retakes are a troubling issue because animators don't get paid for them. DVD/BD changes are made because:

a) the animator did an "unsatisfactory job" and is responsible for getting it right (or so the studio might claim). He or she was already paid the first time around despite not completing the job properly.
or
b) they didn't have time to animate the cut for broadcast (no money gets spent on a job that isn't done....animators are typically paid by the number of drawings they turn in), so there's budget left over for it.

Sometimes, point A is patently false. Poor scheduling (which SHAFT is notorious for) can make it impossible for anyone to do good work. Nevertheless, the animators end up taking responsibility.
Jan 19, 2013 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
This was a rush job rip, and i screwed up the audio so i muted it, also its hosted by videobam which fucked over the quality lol. oh well here it is.

Kurugaya's animated fight

i personally think the animation looks terrible (on LQ video you cant see it as much, but you can on HQ). What do you guys think?
The_StewardJan 19, 2013 12:33 AM
Jan 19, 2013 12:55 AM

Aug 2011
Well looks like they kept the still shots. And the animation does look pretty terrible but thanks!!

Those are some weird ass kicks
Jan 19, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2012
The kicks look weird and awkward but I like it.

XushuJan 19, 2013 4:10 AM
Jan 20, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 2011
TJR said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Retakes are a troubling issue because animators don't get paid for them. DVD/BD changes are made because:

a) the animator did an "unsatisfactory job" and is responsible for getting it right (or so the studio might claim). He or she was already paid the first time around despite not completing the job properly.
or
b) they didn't have time to animate the cut for broadcast (no money gets spent on a job that isn't done....animators are typically paid by the number of drawings they turn in), so there's budget left over for it.

Sometimes, point A is patently false. Poor scheduling (which SHAFT is notorious for) can make it impossible for anyone to do good work. Nevertheless, the animators end up taking responsibility.

Thanks for the info. Talk about SHAFT poor scheduling reminds me of how we still don't know when Kizumonogatari will premiere while Monogatari Second Season is already confirmed for Summer season... LOL

Tr1ckR said:
This was a rush job rip, and i screwed up the audio so i muted it, also its hosted by videobam which fucked over the quality lol. oh well here it is.

Kurugaya's animated fight

i personally think the animation looks terrible (on LQ video you cant see it as much, but you can on HQ). What do you guys think?

Thanks for uploading it. ^^

To be honest, the scene is... Pretty much as I expected. The movimentation is kinda fluid, but they had to sacrifice all the design details. Yeah, I liked.
It can still look worse in HD, though.

Apr 29, 2013 2:01 PM

Dec 2011
Here is the second version of the OP from volume 5

OP2 Creditless 1080p
Apr 29, 2013 2:25 PM

Sep 2012
Tr1ckR said:
Here is the second version of the OP from volume 5

OP2 Creditless 1080p

DUDE get us picks of the Shower scene from the bluray ;>
I heard the towels are supposedly off in that version.
Apr 29, 2013 9:46 PM

Dec 2011
yeah the towels are gone, but there is still "bubble censoring" lol. Soz for crappy picture quality, took the pics with my phone.

Apr 30, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2011
That's kinda stupid... They didn't go all out if they're planning to make it more revealing for the sake of fanservice.

Plus, they missed their opportunity to earn some more money.

Aug 2, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
http://youtu.be/rO5MsVMA-TQ
A preview of the OVA dedicated to those who went out and bought those frickin Blu-ray LB DVDs

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.