Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2012 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
So what are your thoughts after finishing Q and A?

THIS THREAD WILL OBVIOUSLY HAVE SPOILERS. So be warned.

Dec 14, 2012 10:05 AM

Apr 2008
I felt compeled to vote somewhere between Very Good or Excellent. but the later pushed me to a coner.

I have been following Adachi serializations since back when our beloved MangaDownloads were starting on Katsu, so back then we didn't had ANY other Adachi manga available in english really, so us from back then saw eventually slowly all of Adachi manga being translated on the web, much of it by the Mangadownloads team (RIP).

Q and A started slow, very pretentious and in a field that screamed experimentation from Adachi-san, with the ghost theme and some details and Adachi cliches that were telling us that he would be going to repeat himself again, so my appreaciation of the manga also went somewhat down upon going to the second volume of the manga, which was pretty much when Manga Downloads came to a halt on the project.

Now I went to check sometime later and a new lejion of Adachi fans and translators are lurking on the web and Q and A is completely translated! Much for my delight.

The story really picks on from the second volume onwards, the lead characters start slowly and slowly getting closer, villains and rivals appear, but no one really evil to be object of hatred from the reader. Our romantic couple despite the stubbordness of Yuho, slowly gets more atracted to each other and we reach the ending, that, if you are used to Adachi endings, it's just perfect, in the Adachi way. :)

This reminds me why I need Adachi works in my life, they are full of positive energy, and like Atsushi, we must also push ouselves and do something too, and do it better because we can do better right? This energy has driven me 10 years ago or so when I first started to reading Adachi and I had forgoten about it. We must not forget about it agan.

Now onto the new promising MIX.
Aug 12, 2017 2:59 PM
Jan 2014
You know, I disagree, this is one of his worst endings...

Not for the main couple, OK, they'll be together and happy but ALL the development of the other characters during all the story was thrown in the junk, including the ghost boy if the last pages means he also didn't remember a thing...
Dec 25, 2018 11:01 AM
Aug 2018
That was a disappointing experience. The worst Adachi i have read so far.
Jul 5, 2019 11:49 PM

Oct 2015
Mann, this was so disappointing. Everything that was built up to that point as well as the existence of a lot of the characters were basically useless after that bullshit ending. Why not just continue? Honestly the twist is one of my most hated plot devices in film/anime
Dec 8, 2019 5:17 PM
Jul 2019
Very similar style to his previous works but with some experimentation, although not much, as the supernatural elements is was hinted at in Touch.

This an average read for me. The characters were not particularly unique, but not bad or unlikeable either. Humour was alright, the story could of been better if it went a bit more seriously.

The ending was also fairly weird. Was it entirely a dream, since Yuho was reacting very differently compared to the beginning of the manga? The character development should of been reset if it was some kind of time travel plot point. Honestly, feels like it got axed.
Jul 19, 2022 1:42 PM
Jul 2021
It was ok. Even a weaker Adachi manga is better than most. There was none of the build up of triumphant conclusion that you'd normally expect. If I had to take a guess I'd say that he didn't feel the same passion for this title, wanted to move on with other titles and wrapped it up in a rushed way without closure and a lingering feeling that the growth of the various characters was wasted.

I still gave it a 7 so there you go.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Q and A Chapter 8 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 5, 2010

2 by EGOIST »»
Jul 2, 2019 11:54 PM

Poll: » Q and A Chapter 18 Discussion

EGOIST - Jul 2, 2019

0 by EGOIST »»
Jul 2, 2019 11:53 PM

Poll: » Q and A Chapter 10 Discussion

Brand - Mar 17, 2010

3 by tr25a3 »»
Dec 25, 2018 6:05 AM

Poll: » Q and A Chapter 1 Discussion

Jacut - May 13, 2009

2 by tr25a3 »»
Dec 24, 2018 12:12 PM

Poll: » Q and A Chapter 29 Discussion

Hyoroemon - Jun 20, 2013

0 by Hyoroemon »»
Jun 20, 2013 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.