Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2012 10:08 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I just got done watching it, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Doesn't start out great, but I eventually got into it after 15-20 minutes in. The crazy fun also starts picking up gradually as the movie progresses. Story-wise, I guess it's alright, but what makes Houkago Midnighters fun is the crazy stuff that happens in it. I would say it's mostly aimed at kids, but those who are older can find something to like; it is quirky as hell.

I like the animation, but it's a bit weird seeing 3D mesh with 2D. Seeing as this movie is 3D, it's kind of jarring to see some hand-drawn animations in some spots. Like smoke trails and water effects, you can definitely notice the drop in frames right away. Other than that though, I think it looks pretty good and the animation well done. Voice acting the same way.

To sum it up, it's a quirky kids movie with good animation and a decent story that's charming in its own right. At least, I think so.

So...anybody else seen it? Thoughts?

Mod Edit: No links to copyrighted material.
LunaJan 19, 2013 4:35 AM
Feb 10, 2013 1:19 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I really enjoyed it. I don't like scary movies, but I knew from the PVs that this movie was going to be way more funny than scary. Some of the scenes I really did laugh out load at. I was also impressed at how nicely done the animation was. I'm glad Mr. Naked and Goth were able to be like new in the end!

7/10
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jan 16, 2015 3:56 AM

Feb 2008
Fun movie, Mr. Naked's facial expressions were hilarious.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

More topics from this board

» PV

himitsushoujo - May 30, 2012

4 by dietmango »»
Dec 14, 2012 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.