Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Houkago Midnighters Episode 1 Discussion

Dec 13, 2012 10:08 PM
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I just got done watching it, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Doesn't start out great, but I eventually got into it after 15-20 minutes in. The crazy fun also starts picking up gradually as the movie progresses. Story-wise, I guess it's alright, but what makes Houkago Midnighters fun is the crazy stuff that happens in it. I would say it's mostly aimed at kids, but those who are older can find something to like; it is quirky as hell.

I like the animation, but it's a bit weird seeing 3D mesh with 2D. Seeing as this movie is 3D, it's kind of jarring to see some hand-drawn animations in some spots. Like smoke trails and water effects, you can definitely notice the drop in frames right away. Other than that though, I think it looks pretty good and the animation well done. Voice acting the same way.

To sum it up, it's a quirky kids movie with good animation and a decent story that's charming in its own right. At least, I think so.

So...anybody else seen it? Thoughts?

Mod Edit: No links to copyrighted material.
Modified by Luna, Jan 19, 2013 4:35 AM

Feb 10, 2013 1:19 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen
I really enjoyed it. I don't like scary movies, but I knew from the PVs that this movie was going to be way more funny than scary. Some of the scenes I really did laugh out load at. I was also impressed at how nicely done the animation was. I'm glad Mr. Naked and Goth were able to be like new in the end!

7/10

Jan 16, 2015 3:56 AM
Fun movie, Mr. Naked's facial expressions were hilarious.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"