Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2007 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Tomi, Irie, Kuma and Ooishi down, the rest of Hinamizawa to go.

It took a bit longer than expected but episode 12 is finally here. While the aforementioned Kuma/Ooishi double snipe was definitely the highlight I also really liked Rika finally letting her friends (and the viewer) in on some more information about the Hinamizawa Syndrome and Tokyo's influence. Next up is Minagoroshi's finale (apparently) which will sadly mean they're either rushing through the most awesome part of the games yet or leaving a lot of stuff for Matsuribayashi-hen.
Sep 25, 2007 7:45 PM

Jun 2007
Everything is coming together. Next episode will be the big climax for this arc and probably the entire series. I hope Tokai airs it this Thursday.
Sep 26, 2007 4:34 PM

Jan 2007
First thing I thought at the end of the episode was "Hoshit, Ooishi got SNIPED!"
Such a shame. I liked him. xD

Next episode should be the big climax, so I'm really looking forward to it.
I sincerely hope it'll be aired tomorrow.

Sep 26, 2007 5:13 PM

Jun 2007
Sadly Tokai won't be airing it tomorrow. KBS Kyoto still has it on schedule, which is only a day later. (Friday) but considering they didn't show 12 either, I don't have much faith. We'll probably have to wait till Monday to see 13.
Sep 26, 2007 5:52 PM

Nov 2006
KUMA-CHAN ;____;
He FINALLY shows up then gets SNIPED how cruel :(

Loved the kid's teamwork this ep, wish I had great friends like that. (lol anime)

Also effing lol'd hard when Rika explained about the "i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry" thing Hanyuu does.
Heee-larious.
Hope the next one airs asap!
Sep 26, 2007 6:31 PM

Dec 2006
Niiiice. Uh.. I don't remember what.
Hopefully we'll get lots more action soon...yes....yes....
Sep 26, 2007 6:44 PM

Jan 2007
oh man, this is getting more intense. This arc keeps getting better and better.
Sep 27, 2007 4:49 AM

Apr 2007
Finally that annoying Ooishi was taken out, always being the lucky one to survive ^^
Almost everything was explained in this and the previous ep, still the series lost some charm from the previous season. The events have been developing slowly since the start of this season, hopefully the action will pick up now and the chapter will live up to its name "Massacre".
Sep 27, 2007 10:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Faust721 said:
oh man, this is getting more intense. This arc keeps getting better and better.

Very true, this episode was great. I love it how everything connects, and the typical Higurashi-like dramatic atmosphere is awesome. Loved this episode and I can't wait for next week, because the preview looked freaking awesome. :D
cyruzSep 27, 2007 11:32 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2007 3:59 PM

Feb 2007
bam, headshot, bam, doublekill~
I really want too see Shion's killing spree at the next episode...~
*recently playing too much halo3*

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Sep 27, 2007 4:50 PM
Jun 2007
Thank God that bastard's dead. He's been irritating in the first season and in this one so far. I'm looking forward to how Keiichi and co. will deal with Takano.
Sep 27, 2007 4:55 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Avarice said:
Thank God that bastard's dead. He's been irritating in the first season and in this one so far.

Same here, I always mumbled 'asshole' whenever he got some screentime.

But seeing him get shot now felt kind of weird.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2007 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
I guess this proves that it won't be the end world described in the first episode... if it even makes it to an end world at all xD
Sep 27, 2007 9:41 PM

Sep 2007
It's always so satisfying to see everything coming together. The big explanation on the Hanamizawa syndrome seemed to fill in some of the last holes from the question arcs. As far as mystery's go, this one is truly epic. I'm impatiently awaiting the release of episode 13 ^_^
Sep 29, 2007 7:59 AM

Sep 2007
Considerin now dat ooishi's dead i doubt this arc is gonna have a happy ending
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Oct 2, 2007 9:49 PM
Jul 2007
Headshot to Ooishi!

nice shot.

Oct 2, 2007 10:23 PM

Apr 2007
Holy krap, this arc is awesome. Needs to go watch moreez!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2007 6:01 PM

Feb 2007
Weird. I actually like Ooishi. Even in Season 1, he's been one of my fav minor characters. To see him die like that, was a shock to me. And if he couldn't escape in this arc, I don't think anyone else will.
Jan 29, 2008 5:23 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, long arc. Finally all of the details regarding the Hinamizawa Syndrome are revealed and I'm no longer confused about it.

#NBHNC
Mar 14, 2008 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
It's all falling into place. XP
Queen carrier... Oh my, no wonder she's made the main character and to be resurrected to save the village... I think they'll all die exposed to the disease, killing each other. XD
Ooishi's always alive in every chapter.
Finally, Ooshi dies. and what a stupid way to die. lol. XD
Apr 19, 2008 5:33 AM

Feb 2008
Ooishi died. I like his role in the show although somehow he will be an antagonist or protagonist, still he is a very good minor character.

Yeah, double kill! Love it.
Jul 19, 2008 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Ohhh looks like it's time for the massacre part of this chapter to start ^___^

What is this... like the 7th episode of this chapter??? Longest one so far... and it's still going o__o

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
When Ooishi stepped out of the car, I was literally saying "NO! BAD COP! Get BACK in the CAR! Don't ! Omfg, hes NOT listening to me ! !!!!"

x'D This SUCKS. I hope it wont literally mean a massacre, wah.
And finally we get MORE explanations, thank you Rika, thank you. <3

Okay, finale, here I come, T_____T !
Oct 9, 2008 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
^lmao XD

Ooishi gets killed at the single moment i dont want him to be, s0n of a 8!†¢H >_< lol
Oct 9, 2008 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
Although a lot of things are starting to fall into place with this episode, it was very boring to me. Too much talking and not enough action. I mean, like absolutely no action until the very end. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. The next episode should be more exciting.
Oct 18, 2008 10:55 AM

Nov 2007
Wait wait...

In the other arcs, when Rika died there's never been a massacre.. just a lot of leaky gas?

Also, there seem to be FAR too many spoilers in these threads.. all these people who've played the game saying 'I can wait till X happens' please stop..
Oct 24, 2008 10:10 AM

May 2008
Ooishi got a mean headshot there. Careless man -_-' His turn to die for a change :P
Oct 29, 2008 7:49 PM

May 2008
Oh wow, so we're back to the disease thing.

And it seems to be the REAL real one instead, or at least for this world.
And what about the aliens, when are we gonna hear from them again, wtfsrsly.

This show really seems to want to mix Shinto, Science, and Esotericism in equal amounts like some kind of X-Files. And leave us the mystery of which one it is there in the end, I'm willing to bet. This isn't one of those shows that likes to get resolved.

But one thing is for sure, you cannot remove the Shinto from this show, with science or aliens at all. Even if you de-kamify Oyashiro-sama, Hanyuu still exists and so does the multiple, intricate (pocket?)dimensions of hinamizawa that only Furude Rika and Hanyuu can efficiently navigate through.

Honestly, I didn't expect this Mystic idea of multiple dimensions to be fused with Shinto. Even if Shinto is already a Mystic religion, it's not an idea I often see fused with Shinto. If you think about the universe in a Pandeistic sense, and spirits pulling on the matter as like gravity would pull a planet to a sun and a human person to the earth, then a diety like Oyashiro sama or some nameless powerful existence could easily intentionally or unintentionally, 'warp' the dimension and make it play like a skipping turntable.

And calling a curse a disease does not unreligify it at all. A lot of the old religions, the animist and shamanist ones, and Shinto being one of them, also view things like disease and . Just because old ideas like impurity and curse are old ones, doesn't make them any less so, it just means they go and in hand and one with science, and that we know better about them through science. An impurity is still an impurity, it just means we can treat now with science instead of just ritual. "There is a spiritual aspect to everything physical".

Anyway, I'm really hoping Keiichi and the others can still help here. I mean sure they have many. But the Mountain Dogs have Snipers.o.O

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 17, 2008 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
Lots of explanation in this episode which has been a long time coming. Still it makes me wonder -- I understand why Rena went crazy when she left Hinamizawa, but I wonder what triggered the disease's symptoms in the rest of them.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 22, 2008 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
Now the reason why Rika's always killed has finally been answered! Well sorta of.
When the sniper was targeting Oishi, I was like "Baka! You gotta be more cautious man!". I think this is the first time he's actually been showned to be killed.
Rika's explanations clears up alot of stuff indeed.
The biggest mystery of them all is... the "ressurecting" process.
How the hell is Rika ressurected? Who ressurecets her(I think that's Hanyuu)?
How do the characters remember their previous "memories", from the "worlds" Rika's killed in?
So basically if Rika's killed, the entire village dies. No volcaninc gases involved.
No "Aliens" involved(thank god!). It's all only a huge conspiracy... and Takano's a cold-blooded bitch. I'll say the Government is involved in this.
Wait! Then how about just cutiing their nails?! Problem solved! No1 dies from "stage 5" then! That's a huge plot-hole right there! Meh. There wouldn't be much of a story then. Just ignore what I just said...

windy said:
Also effing lol'd hard when Rika explained about the "i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry" thing Hanyuu does.

That's so moe, cute and adorable! I can so picture her doing that! ^^
Dec 3, 2008 4:37 PM

May 2008
not much to say. One of the better episodes of the season but they should have a little more serous reaction when Rika told them about what was going on and made the shooting more dramatic insted of just hearing a light gun shot and then seeing them fall over
Dec 15, 2008 4:40 AM

Dec 2008
Genix said:
Now the reason why Rika's always killed has finally been answered! Well sorta of.
When the sniper was targeting Oishi, I was like "Baka! You gotta be more cautious man!". I think this is the first time he's actually been showned to be killed.
Rika's explanations clears up alot of stuff indeed.
The biggest mystery of them all is... the "ressurecting" process.
How the hell is Rika ressurected? Who ressurecets her(I think that's Hanyuu)?
How do the characters remember their previous "memories", from the "worlds" Rika's killed in?
So basically if Rika's killed, the entire village dies. No volcaninc gases involved.
No "Aliens" involved(thank god!). It's all only a huge conspiracy... and Takano's a cold-blooded bitch. I'll say the Government is involved in this.
Wait! Then how about just cutiing their nails?! Problem solved! No1 dies from "stage 5" then! That's a huge plot-hole right there! Meh. There wouldn't be much of a story then. Just ignore what I just said...

windy said:

That's so moe, cute and adorable! I can so picture her doing that! ^^

Haha... cutting their nails sounds like a good idea... but when you someone becomes truely crazy, I dont think cutting nails will solve the problem.

I notice something. In some worlds Oishi is a good guy but in others he is sort of evil. Can anyone explain this?

If im not wrong, in one of the episodes in 1st series, it was Satako that said "my abilities to resurrect you(Rika) are weakening."

Why is it Satako? I thought Hanyuu was doing the resurrecting?
Btw, I want to ask the same question too. Why is Rika resurrected? Why only Rika can see Hanyuu? Most of the supernatural parts are not answered... ahhh! i cant wait!
Feb 6, 2009 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, I always thought Ooishi was kind of indestructible. Since he's never died, I was used to him being in the background, and although his constant switch between friend and foe, him dying completely threw me off.
Mar 8, 2009 8:18 PM

Jul 2008
well rika expalins everything now; a bioweapon makes sense. ooishi should not have stopped to check out that van! he should have called it in first! instead he got sniped
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 12, 2009 9:29 PM

May 2008
Ooishi and Kuma getting sniped. Also interesting to see that Rika gets killed because she is the reason people can suppress the disease.

Seems like the preview of the next episode shows that Shion is going to be doing a little tazering again. :D
Mar 17, 2009 10:01 AM

Feb 2009
Hydrazoid said:

Haha... cutting their nails sounds like a good idea... but when you someone becomes truely crazy, I dont think cutting nails will solve the problem.

I notice something. In some worlds Oishi is a good guy but in others he is sort of evil. Can anyone explain this?

Yea, they don't go around cutting the nails of patients in mental institutions as if that would stop the threat of the violent ones. ;)

In every world, people are slightly different. It's just how it plays out. Don't you remember in an earlier episode about how in some worlds Keiichi doesn't even transfer schools? It's pretty random. Hence, some worlds Oishi could be nice, or an asshole. I'd never say he has turned out evil though.
Apr 13, 2009 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
There was some very great information released in this episode, everything really feels clear, I guess that is why even Oryou talks so nicely to Rika.
Jul 11, 2009 1:27 AM
Apr 2009
Motherfucker got sniped!
Aug 1, 2009 12:57 PM

Dec 2008
Rika is the bee queen XD

Oh and Oishi bites the dust for the first time

btw: Ep 13 will be total war ,hell yeah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2009 12:23 AM

Mar 2009
DOUBLE KILL!
<.<

Too Bad that had to happened.. >.>
Rika finally spills info, this is getting exciting. xD

Sep 3, 2009 3:03 PM

Aug 2007
Damn, Ooishi dies... that really sucks. And why does Irie have to die in every arc? I feel sorry for the guy.
Sep 13, 2009 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
Wow this episode really explains allot, finally Rika let us know more about her secrets.
It's always that corrupt government! >:(

Woot at Ooishi getting sniped at the end =O
First time he dies, and shot in the head by a silenced sniper nonetheless.
Nov 4, 2009 4:45 PM
Jul 2009
Long arc it is, but I really like it. I hope that this ends well, with rika finally getting a good ending where she survives, but i have a feeling that's not gonna happen..
Jan 7, 2010 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
I don't mind Ooishi. He was alright in this arc! Damn, this isn't going to end well. I guess Rika will die and everyone in the village will start a massacre. Hm.

The Hinimizawa syndrome has lost it's realism factor right now though, to me at least. I don't think that the death of one person could cause all of the hosts of the disease to react. There isn't any link. AND this is why I love anime XD Higurashi tends to be realistic and unrealistic at the same time, it truly is an amazing anime~ TO THE NEXT EPISODE because I am rambling ^^;;
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 26, 2010 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder what the Yamainu were doing at the telephone facility..
Feb 20, 2010 1:56 PM

Aug 2008
uuh, i hoped that Ooishi'll live cuz here he became the one of shrill person - he suspect Takano to live and much more.
Rika the one who keeps Hinamizawa in health, but i'm confused about how Keichi or Rena started to have 5th level of Hinamizawa Syndrome, even if they were close to Rika ?
Apr 7, 2010 3:21 PM
Oct 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOO OISHI SAN!

YOU SONS OF BITCHES ! :@
Apr 22, 2010 4:59 AM

Jan 2010
oh my god -_-
i watched this episode today in hope that i will get an explanation for what happened in ep11,and now Ooishi dies?O.o

damn you higurashi,for being so damn addictive xD

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 7:32 PM

Feb 2010
Well the police is not really helpful (again), although this time Ooishi was at least listening to them and believed what they said. A real dark ending would be everyone dying while trying to protect rika from the organisation and only rika surviving, finally escaping the time loop, but all alone..
I guess my thoughts are even darker than Higurashi itsself xD
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2010 12:23 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm....now I know where that sound from Mal Updater came from.

I wonder if Rika is going to tell them about her previous lives.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.