Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2012 8:24 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Okay, that’s not the ending I was hoping for.
But I’m still glad Arou and Kanade are together until the end.
Feb 13, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
A very sudden ending. I was hoping for some sort of epilogue because we have confirmed that Arou and Kanade will be together forever over and over. Great series, but I really wanted a little more.
Jul 23, 2017 10:30 PM

Feb 2008
The whole ESP setting screamed of 90s shoujo. There are a lot of things that could be addressed in regard to their abilities, but what I found awkward beside the translation effort were the character interactions, like, was the uncle really tempted to kill Arou (rhetorical), or how poorly fleshed out the important supporting characters were, most notably Ezawa and the student body president. Overall, an ok idea, but a mediocre execution.

Apr 12, 2019 11:31 PM
Aug 2011
Don't let the happy sparkle moments blind you from the fact that his own fucking uncle tried to kill him or at least hurt him quite badly for his own gain.

Some strong chapters here and there that stirred my heart but overall it's not the manga I hoped for.

corwinr is right, there's a lot of awkwardness here. The series "emotional weight" is all over the place.

I kept feeling like it was sometimes pure doki-doki shoujo aimed at a very young audience but then suddenly the content and its themes spiked up in maturity. Never really seemed to reach a believable middle ground.

And you didn't need to reiterate that you can see the future but Arou can see the past ~40 times. (this is probably one of the reasons why it kept feeling immature)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mekakushi no Kuni Chapter 2 Discussion

czerah - Nov 23, 2012

1 by Stars-Soul »»
Jan 24, 2022 9:55 AM

Poll: » Mekakushi no Kuni Chapter 1 Discussion

czerah - Nov 23, 2012

1 by Stars-Soul »»
Jan 23, 2022 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mekakushi no Kuni Chapter 25 Discussion

czerah - Nov 25, 2012

1 by Jak »»
Jun 8, 2017 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mekakushi no Kuni Chapter 5 Discussion

czerah - Nov 24, 2012

1 by VampireOjouChan »»
Sep 2, 2013 10:42 AM

Poll: » Mekakushi no Kuni Chapter 39 Discussion

czerah - Nov 26, 2012

0 by czerah »»
Nov 26, 2012 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.