Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2012 12:46 PM

Aug 2009
miksteyp said:
I liked this episode. Good action.

I dislike that everyone in the game is RP:ing like their life is on the line unlike SAO where they actually needed to "live" in the world.

I'd like to see a character in the series who for once doesn't take the VRMMORPG game any seriously and just plays it for fun. He/she would probably be the only good character in the series.

Oh well Asuna finally got out. But why did she wait untill morning instead of going out right after she knew the password to that gate?

The fan service was ok. Felt a little bit forced though. And it looked like Suguha/Leafa wasn't wearing any panties lol.

You would be surprised by how many gamers play mmo like that.And our games dont even come with Virtual Reality.

Asuna waited for time to pass hoping that no one would monitor her her after midnight.She knew that Sgou wont monitor her after midnight so she just hoped for the rest.Once again that fat otaku did a good job at adapting the LN.
ssjokgNov 17, 2012 12:53 PM
Nov 17, 2012 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
miksteyp said:

I dislike that everyone in the game is RP:ing like their life is on the line unlike SAO where they actually needed to "live" in the world.

I'd like to see a character in the series who for once doesn't take the VRMMORPG game any seriously and just plays it for fun. He/she would probably be the only good character in the series.

Oh well Asuna finally got out. But why did she wait untill morning instead of going out right after she knew the password to that gate?

The fan service was ok. Felt a little bit forced though. And it looked like Suguha/Leafa wasn't wearing any panties lol.

You would be surprised by how many gamers play mmo like that.And our games dont even come with Virtual Reality.

Well it would be fine if they balanced it with more casual characters, you know like .hack.
Nov 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2010
miksteyp said:
I don't think you ever would consider it in a VR game but some games disregard such accessories last I heard.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 17, 2012 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was good, back with the dual swords even. A little bit of jealousy from Lyfa too :)
Nov 17, 2012 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
Will they have another season cause this is no where near complete according to the light novel
Nov 17, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
miksteyp said:

Well it would be fine if they balanced it with more casual characters, you know like .hack.

I havent seen .hack yet.Any of them.But at least in SAO,unlike other games series,you dont really mind their "seriousness".

Recon and that guy that traded with Kirito seem pretty casuals gamers.Too bad that somehow they had to get involved with Kirito.
Nov 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
OH MAN, Kirito gets all the bitches! LOL. Leafa just got friendzoned. Okay, honestly, not a bad episode but what's with the meaningless talking in between the fights. Jeez, just let him fight and stop with the "he would never run away!" sentiments.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
AashFenton said:
Will they have another season cause this is no where near complete according to the light novel
They are going to finish ALO arc in this season.The pace issue is another thing.This was the last ep for vol3 ,21-25 will be vol4
Nov 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
miksteyp said:

im the kind of gamer who dont want to die in a game like Dragon Nest, im usually playing fore defense than attacking just to make sure i clear the path without taking much damage and then eventually die and just respawn.. Its not fun that way either in my opinion
Nov 17, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
So Kirito adds 2 new girls to his harem and apparently he's also loaded with cash. The fighting was kind of cool but this show still sucks
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 17, 2012 1:11 PM
Oct 2012
Hell ya kirito is badass still.. using 2 swords yet again :P and fuck ya asuna escapes sooooo happy :)
Nov 17, 2012 1:13 PM

Aug 2011
This shows again how they can't come up with any new designs for swords. The sword Eugene used is the same one Yui used against that grim reaper to delete it. Other than that it was nicely animated
Nov 17, 2012 1:18 PM
Sep 2011
Awesome fight.
Awesome music.
Way to much fan service, I can't have been the only one who noticed the boob jiggle when Kirito grabbed Lyfa's sword, but in a way I will defend it in saying that honestly at least there is something there to see and make the more drawn out moments...less drawn out. I don't like fan service but I don't mind fan service as much when it is used appropriatly and I feel sword art online half does and half doesn't.
Honestly I think I can sum up my entire opinion on sword art online right here and I doubt my 7/10 rating for the show has a chance of changing.

Oh and also
Takuan_Soho said:

Third, the drawings are flat (this should have been a splurge episode, but a lot of the scenes looked extremely two dimensional).

Let me just say I had such an epic face palm reading this part of the comment...you are complaining a show comprised of 2D animation looks two dimensional.
edl01Nov 17, 2012 1:22 PM
Nov 17, 2012 1:29 PM

Jun 2007
Nothing really wow'd me about it, so 4/5 for being enjoyable.
Nov 17, 2012 1:31 PM

Sep 2008
lol "kirito is my ...my...my" haha, dont worry, he is yor brother!!

TT_TT no one was amazed from kirito's dualsword style, in the LN the were all amazed saying it was close to imposible

halberdiers said:
Takuan_Soho said:
This episodes encapsulates everything I have disliked about this animation adaptation.

yep u've summed up everything I've wanted to said about this episode. I don't expect them to have ufotable level quality (it's pretty obvious no one matches up to ufotable) but I would have expected an increase in quality over the usual slice-of-life at the very least.

Being a LN reader I was hoping that the adaptation could redeem itself with this action-oriented episode but again it fell short. It seems like now that Asuna is out of the picture at the moment, they are trying their best to milk lyfa. They should have spent less time trying to provide fan service at every damn possible moment (what with all dat ass and breasts shots) and more on the action scenes where the flying looks awkward and action choreography is replaced with spamming flashes of lights.

i know, but at least we got an adaptation, i just imagine the rest of the details from the novel in the anime
just hope that when they animate GGO and the BoB, it will be better at lñeast 24 eps for the 2 volumes should be fiine
instead of 24 eps for 4 volumes(whose idea was it...?)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 17, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
Wow... they added a bunch of "plot" once again~
They animated Suguha's body movements when Kirito borrowed her Katana... just for the sake of fanservice -_-

And I wasn't wrong. Good thing I didn't expect much from this animated fight.
Nov 17, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
Kirito building up his harem like the playboy he is.
Among the 2 leaders... Alicia > Sakuya IMO.

Nice to see Leafa getting all jealous, very cute indeed. Still wonder when are they gonna find out their real identities... Can't wait to see their reactions haha

Epic aerial battle. Eugene's sword skills is seriously epic but I realised it could be a double-edged sword if both ppl swung their swords at each other.
Kirito's double sword slashing was awesome!
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 17, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Highlight of this episode was not the fight, but the amount of boobage we got.

I swear the scene where Kirito took Lyfa's sword had better animation and frame rate than the fight itself. Dat quality, dat ass, dat gainaxing.

Surprised they didn't mention the thing about duel wielding in ALO in this episode.
Nov 17, 2012 1:40 PM

Dec 2009
SICK EPISODE, Nuff Said
Nov 17, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
omg.. 5 more episodes :(!!!!!!!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Nov 17, 2012 1:41 PM

Aug 2009
Paul said:

I swear the scene where Kirito took Lyfa's sword had better animation and frame rate than the fight itself. Dat quality, dat ass, dat gainaxing.

Surprised they didn't mention the thing about duel wielding in ALO in this episode.
You mean the thing about many trying but no one having good skills with it?I dont think that it would add anything more.
Nov 17, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

You mean the thing about many trying but no one having good skills with it?I dont think that it would add anything more.

It'll increase Kirito's badass lvl.
Nov 17, 2012 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
If only the cat girl had the body of the other girl, she would be my favorite girl in this show.
Nov 17, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2008
HauntingShock said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

to the viewers or to the gamers in ALO?

if it's the former, we already know he's a bad ass(hell he's gutz alter-ego) but to the latter; considering how he creamed the supposed strongest fighter in the game, adding that he can dual wield would really mean nothing to them and especially since sword skills/arts has nothing to do with ALO(anyone can dual wield, just nobody has).
Nov 17, 2012 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

Yea, but I think they should have still made a note of it, other wise a lot of people would probably go "Why the fuck isn't anyone else dual wielding?" considering how popular it is in any game with the function.

/off topic, damit MAL going retardo again and rollbacking my avatar.
Nov 17, 2012 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
So much T & A this ep. I approve.

Was expecting Kirito to pull out the dual swords. Didn't expect him to pull it out of Leafa's ass haha ;D

Still, Asuna escaping is pretty futile. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all according to that dude's plan. I mean, he literally has her life in his hands and is the GM of the game. I'm expecting him to erase her memories when she meets kirito or maybe even vice versa just for his entertainment.
Nov 17, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
if i recall Yui explanation correctly, Kirito doesn't have his dual sword skill anymore. although he managed to use his body memory and game physics to stop that game breaking sword of his opponent.

Also, i loved that darkness spell. It was SO drow.
Nov 17, 2012 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
frid_kun said:
if i recall Yui explanation correctly, Kirito doesn't have his dual sword skill anymore. although he managed to use his body memory and game physics to stop that game breaking sword of his opponent.

Also, i loved that darkness spell. It was SO drow.

Actually that's incorrect, Dual Sword skill was indeed removed but in ALO, anyone can dual wield, but apparently it's way to difficult for anyone to handle two swords at once. Not exactly sure why.

And thus my post above as to why I'm curious why the anime didn't bother to mention it.
Nov 17, 2012 1:51 PM
Oct 2012
Scrypt said:
HauntingShock said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

to the viewers or to the gamers in ALO?

if it's the former, we already know he's a bad ass(hell he's gutz alter-ego) but to the latter; considering how he creamed the supposed strongest fighter in the game, adding that he can dual wield would really mean nothing to them and especially since sword skills/arts has nothing to do with ALO(anyone can dual wield, just nobody has).

I definitely think your right, I mean we havn't seen how many people there are in ALO so who knows if anyone can duel wield
Nov 17, 2012 1:52 PM

Mar 2012
You'd think a show this popular could get the budget to animate a single decent fight scene, but alas...
Guess they needed to save money for jiggle-tits.
Nov 17, 2012 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

Yea, but I think they should have still made a note of it, other wise a lot of people would probably go "Why the fuck isn't anyone else dual wielding?" considering how popular it is in any game with the function.

I still havent watched it with subs but did the scene with Alicia and Sakuya teasing Kirito had lines about him joining their forces?Is every girl that appears just for harem fanservice now?

Their interest is like Heathcliff's.They just use seduction to make him join,instead of using Asuna.
ssjokgNov 17, 2012 2:00 PM
Nov 17, 2012 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
That was some intense action.
And finally Asuna escaped!

But I guess she can't log out on her own since it might be programmed that she can't. Can't wait for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2012 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

I still havent watched it with subs but didnt the scene with Alicia and Sakuya teasing Kirito had lines about him joining their forces?Is every girl that appears just for harem fanservice now?

Yes.
Nov 17, 2012 1:59 PM

Aug 2009
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

I still havent watched it with subs but didnt the scene with Alicia and Sakuya teasing Kirito had lines about him joining their forces?Is every girl that appears just for harem fanservice now?

Yes.

Someone must give credit to the director then.This guy:

EDIT:Although the way I derped with my previous post I dont know where you are answering...My bad.
If it had the lines good.If not ,the harem did increase....
ssjokgNov 17, 2012 2:03 PM
Nov 17, 2012 2:05 PM

Oct 2012
Kirito is unstoppable killing machine. He has to much speed, p. def and HP to actually care about proper sword fight. therefor, he can use dualblades for further increase of DPS output. or for tricking his opponent with phasing sword.

normal players has to behave themselves like actual swordfighters. and trust me, if you will come to reconstructors party with dual swords, you'll be slaughtered.
Nov 17, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Paul said:

Yes.

Someone must give credit to the director then.This guy:

EDIT:Although the way I derped with my previous post I dont know where you are answering...My bad.
If it had the lines good.If not ,the harem did increase....

Yes to the girls becoming part of his harem.
Nov 17, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
Boobs...
Nov 17, 2012 2:21 PM
Mar 2008
I was surprised how much I enjoyed the fight with Salamander general. The novel didn't make it seem practically exciting but that was by far my favorite fight in the series thus far. My only compliments concerning the fight were some poor animations issues with facial expressions and during certain portions were the creators tried to use a blur effect and it failed.

Although the fight did bring up something I realized they have not openly discussed in the game. Does ALO have real pain mechanics like SOA did? I don't honestly remember from the novels but I noticed the general did seem to be actively suffering from the stab wounds towards the end of the fight.

Also Lyfa's former leader scene with the slave girls made me raise a eyebrow. Never actually was mentioned in the novel but that was some interesting imagery. So the creators are making new scenes like I requested but uh that used for the purpose I imagined...
Nov 17, 2012 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
eldon2 said:
I was surprised how much I enjoyed the fight with Salamander general. The novel didn't make it seem practically exciting but that was by far my favorite fight in the series thus far. My only compliments concerning the fight were some poor animations issues with facial expressions and during certain portions were the creators tried to use a blur effect and it failed.

Although the fight did bring up something I realized they have not openly discussed in the game. Does ALO have real pain mechanics like SOA did? I don't honestly remember from the novels but I noticed the general did seem to be actively suffering from the stab wounds towards the end of the fight.

Also Lyfa's former leader scene with the slave girls made me raise a eyebrow. Never actually was mentioned in the novel but that was some interesting imagery.

Neither SAO or ALO have physical pain mechanisms.It's all psychological but some scenes are overdoing it.And yeah that scene with Sigurd....
Nov 17, 2012 2:25 PM
Mar 2008
Will SAO did after everyone was trapped but thats just nitpicking :)
If that's the case I am little surprised the general didn't try stabbing kirito with a dagger or his sword while they did the big finish midair dive. Oh well still a fun fight
Nov 17, 2012 2:26 PM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
eldon2 said:

Also Lyfa's former leader scene with the slave girls made me raise a eyebrow. Never actually was mentioned in the novel but that was some interesting imagery.

Neither SAO or ALO have physical pain mechanisms.It's all psychological but some scenes are overdoing it.And yeah that scene with Sigurd....

I believe when your hit with magic in ALO, it hurts you mentally, not like makes you retarded or anything but gives you a headache and such. Might be remembering incorrectly.
Nov 17, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2009
eldon2 said:
Will SAO did after everyone was trapped but thats just nitpicking :)
If that's the case I am little surprised the general didn't try stabbing kirito with a dagger or his sword while they did the big finish midair dive. Oh well still a fun fight
I am sure that SAO didnt have one....well too bored to find out about it...
Nov 17, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
This anime keeps getting worse and better. Seriously spectacular things keep on happening with no real overall progress. SAO was painfully rushed, cramped and no real content in development, just jumping here and there. ALO is moving at a turtle's speed, and with development we need to fill in with our imagination. We had 2 years in 15 episodes for SAO. And 2 days in 5 episodes for ALO. Serious business with pacing of an anime.

5/5 for the sheer amount of enjoyment out of nothing.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 17, 2012 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
fucken awesomeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
dont give a shit about what LN thinks cause me among with probably 80% non LN readers out there probably thought this was awesome as fuck. sorry LN readers, but you're a minority.
Nov 17, 2012 2:32 PM

Feb 2011
Missed Asuna .
Nov 17, 2012 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
Kurogashi said:
dont give a shit about what LN thinks cause me among with probably 80% non LN readers out there probably thought this was awesome as fuck. sorry LN readers, but you're a minority.

What's your point? o_o
Nov 17, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
HauntingShock said:
Kurogashi said:

What's your point? o_o

To make a rant?
------------------------------------
Just watched(with subs)....Cant really decide if the Lords in the anime are part of the pseudo-harem or not....
Nov 17, 2012 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
HauntingShock said:
Kurogashi said:

What's your point? o_o

To make a rant?

lol.
Nov 17, 2012 2:34 PM
Mar 2008
Speaking next episode I am actually curious to see what happens next to Asuna because things get "special" in the novel. Just going to leave at that for now.
Nov 17, 2012 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
eldon2 said:
Speaking next episode I am actually curious to see what happens next to her because things get "special". Just going to leave at that for now.

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.