Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]
Apr 6, 2023 1:14 PM
Sep 2022
I'm really conflicted right now. On one hand, I want to give this show such a low rating because everything about it is awful, but on the other hand you know the creators wanted you to hate the characters. And they did their job very well, I don't think I've ever felt this frustrated in any form of media before. So because of that, I think I will give this a 10 in terms of it doing its job extremely well, but in terms of how much I enjoyed it, definitely a four.
Apr 24, 2023 12:08 AM
Jan 2019
Kkkkk final sinistro
May 6, 2023 8:37 PM
Mar 2023
Tem que o psicológico forte pra assistir até o final do episódio final. O drama tem sua proposta e conduziu bem, trazendo tensão e despertando diversos sensações inquietantes. É um anime forte e quem se abala fácil, não recomendo assistir.
May 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
Positives:

-Its unique. Cant deny that.

-MC taking initiative in a romance anime, a harem anime at that. Thats a plus.

-Unique memorable last three episodes.

-MC gets character development.

-You can see how the characters are affected by the whole drama of this anime.

- I like the creepy background music it would use every now and then with the piano, like you know something is about to go down.  It really sets the mood and atmosphere.

-This anime has some realism = like how some girls will do eroticc stuff with a man who is not her boyfriend in order to try to win him over because she likes him; and how some people just go super-crazy if the relationship isnt working; and how girls want to be with the hott guy that all the other girls want; and how girls dont mind sharing a hott guy with other girls (I guess Makoto is considered a stud in this anime who is very popular with girls, as it was mentioned a couple of times throughout the anime).

Negatives:

-If sexx is something thats happening in the anime, then SHOW the sexx scenes, like in Yosuga No Sora. Dont just imply that is happened!!!! COME ON!!!!!

-First five episodes were slow and meh.  I get it = Its a deconstruction of the goofy male MC that for some reason has tons of women after him, so you gotta start generic, but damn, those first 5 episode were a DRAG.

-This is kinda breaking the fourth wall, but Makoto's voice REALLY annoyed me. I loved his voice actor in many animes that he has voiced, but in this anime as Makoto, its just OUCH.  I guess the voice actor played his role this way with Makoto to keep it in line with the deconstruction of the goofy-looking-male-MC in a harem.

-Its kinda difficult many times to take this anime seriously due to the comedy scenes involved in the first 10 episodes, and Makoto with his goofy looking face and goofy reactions.

- The superficial dialogue by the girls every now and then just made me roll my eyes, like =  "I am Makoto's girlfriend",  "I love Makoto more than anyone" etc.  SHUT UP!!!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!

- School Days should have been 10 episodes and not 12 episodes, to speed up its pacing, especially in the beginning episodes and to cut down on the comedy-relaxing scenes.

Overall, School Days was an enjoyable watch, but also a boring watch.  BUT, if there is one thing that you cannot take away from School Days, is that it HAS A LOT OF HISTORICAL VALUE in the anime world and the anime community. It is right up there from a historical point of view with Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Haruhi, Death Note, Evangelion, Clannad; meaning School Days is an anime that every anime fan must watch to form an opinion.
May 14, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2020
I take everything I said back. 10/10 series. Really brought the emotion out of me. It was definitely a rollercoaster but I'm glad I stayed on it till the end. He got what he deserved.
May 29, 2023 6:29 PM
May 2023
I played all the other episodes on 4x speed, and still had to pause every five minutes because of how unbearable and insufferable Makoto was. Watched this with 1x having heard this is one of the sickest episodes ever - very satisfying indeed, did not regret. Also loved the song 悲しみの向こうへ (Kanashimi no Mukou e)

Also wasn't as gruesome as people made it out to be (or maybe I have a really messed up mind) - I'd argue it's on par with that one episode in Happy Sugar Life

Nice boat btw
Jun 1, 2023 12:09 PM

Apr 2023
That, honestly has to be one of the most shocking endings ever to be written in animanga history for real.

The whole nice boat scenario was just, wow straight out of a horror movie like holy shit.

Not surprised and well lol he had it coming to be honest here too lol.

Jun 9, 2023 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
This anime is the most incel piece of shit I've ever seen in my whole life. Whoever created it, I just hope they get some sort of karma.
Jun 16, 2023 9:55 AM
Oct 2019
only episode worth watching
Jun 16, 2023 2:08 PM
Dec 2020
what the fuck?? good anime i guess
by a random dev.
Jul 5, 2023 1:19 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Peak ending.... I think it was not that bad tho, you can see it coming. They are messed up already.
4/10 overall, bad anime XD
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 14, 2023 3:46 AM
Apr 2022
the good one.....
Jul 31, 2023 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
Welp this was a Trainwreck of a finale, But overall I'm satisfied with the ending. Sekai and Makoto both wronged Kotonoha initially so they just got Karma served to them haha.
This anime actually kept me entertained throughout and while the story was bad, it was the good kinda bad and kept me questioning stuff more and more. In the end everyone was a piece of shit lmao.
8/10 for this anime because it actually succeeded at making me feel angry, confused and questioning the existence of this show all at the same time lmao.
BiisooJul 31, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 8, 2023 5:16 PM

Oct 2019
That was a very Nice Boat!
Aug 10, 2023 3:54 PM
Feb 2021
blood blood blood.
Sep 11, 2023 10:40 AM
Feb 2021
Tragédia da metade do começo para o final
Sep 21, 2023 11:35 AM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
I'm actually shocked on how bad this show was. It was just horrible for the whole 12 episodes and the ending was literally straight from a horror movie.
1/10
Sep 22, 2023 6:39 PM

May 2023
Very good chapter, this is definitely peak, the most disturbing and scariest ending I've seen in an anime
Oct 4, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2020
wow
Oct 27, 2023 11:39 PM
Apr 2019
The ending is a tragedy, I wish people would be less blasé about it. Three young lives destroyed, none of them deserve what happened to them, it's just sad.
Oct 29, 2023 7:34 AM
Oct 2023
böyle anime olmaz olsun.
Nov 4, 2023 5:09 AM
Feb 2023
To this day this anime has one of the most shocking endings in all of anime (it made me happy seeing the mc get what he deserved)
Nov 6, 2023 3:40 AM
Sep 2020
I'll rate this anime 8 just because of the last episode because the rest of it was so boring and cringe tbh.
Nov 29, 2023 9:40 PM
Mar 2016
Sayonara… this anime is honestly kind of emotional. This really is what I’d call a romantic tragedy. I like that for ONCE fuqing ONCE we don’t have the same same same romantic story over and over again. That’s what I like about this that it’s actually original
Nov 29, 2023 9:43 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to pasteljo18
This anime is the most incel piece of shit I've ever seen in my whole life. Whoever created it, I just hope they get some sort of karma.
@pasteljo18 the worst karma they can get is meet Katsura and sekai just like how makoto did
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM

Mar 2023
That was a nice boat!
Dec 18, 2023 11:54 AM
May 2022
awful ending to an awful show
Jan 9, 11:41 AM
Aug 2019
Justice is served
Jan 9, 12:08 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to Lezins
Justice is served
@Lezins Godìs Wrath is so sweet that makes you lose your head
Ἄκουε δή, ἦ δ᾽ ὅς. φημὶ γὰρ ἐγὼ εἶναι τὸ δίκαιον οὐκ ἄλλο τι ἢ τὸ τοῦ κρείττονος συμφέρον.
Listen—I say that justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger.

Jan 25, 12:54 PM
Jun 2022
Deserved ending, this episode alone increased my rating of this anime from 1 to 2.
Jan 28, 6:11 AM
Nov 2023
最高のシリーズ!
Feb 22, 1:33 AM
Jan 2024
What the fuck did i just watch.
Mar 16, 9:04 AM
May 2021
Wtf did I just watch… holy shit one of the worst animes I have ever watched.
Mar 25, 11:40 AM
Apr 2023
uhhh. Um. Yeah. I don't know what made me watch this show, and why I got to this infamous final episode. I don't know how to feel about this series.

Nice boat
Apr 14, 9:02 AM

Aug 2015
ngl the first half of the anime was decent, then after ep 6 it really started picking up and got me hooked, i genuinely liked it overall lmao
Apr 22, 4:37 AM
Oct 2021
[SCHOOL DAYS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF SOMEONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING - EPISODE 12]

LOL, THAT WAS AMAZING!

Makoto 100% deserved that, also Kotoha’s transformation into a Yandere was so insane that it loops back around to being the most logical conclusion.

I’m not being ironic when I say this was BY FAR the most enjoyable episode to watch, finally breaking free of the “terrible and creepy harem” masquerade. If I were to rate this episode alone, it would probably be a 7/10 or 7.5(rounded to 8)/10, but the ending alone doesn’t fix the eleven episodes worth of time I will never get back.

4/10 (and that’s generous).
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Dec 2022
There it is. I reiterate: it's a tremendous shame this is one of the most spoiled anime out there, as the ending could've left even more of a mark if it this anime was more obscure than it is. Regardless, this was a phenomenal episode that delivered on all the uneasy tension and fractured relationships that were inevitably bound to come to a boil—akin to the whining of the kettle that heralded the end—resulting in a brutal, tragic fate for Makoto and Sekai, and a Kotonoha who will be mindbroken for the foreseeable future.

An excellent, immersive and beautifully destructive anime, without a doubt. Perhaps this series serves as an exemplar of what could possibly come as a result of a "donkan protagonist" subverting expectations to an extreme that is too excessive for their own good, leaving a trail of shattered hearts in their wake. The environmental and audial symbolism through seemingly innocuous objects like kettles and yarn also worked as omens of events to come, whether that be in the immediate future or not, reinforcing the already pervasively oppressive atmosphere that crept up on you as more and more episodes came to pass.

Moreover, the characterisation was multidimensional, with character development constantly shifting, or even naturally regressing as a result of the exposure the people in this anime had to new events and revelations; there was never any betrayal that was truly mended, nor was there any psychological weakness that wasn't eventually exploited. The lasting impact of even the earliest hints of drama were followed up on by the end, demonstrating that Makoto, and all those who associate with him, really were being prepared for at least a moderate helping of dismay from the start.

Can't say it's flawless, despite the praise I had for this anime, as the psychotic attitudes on display were ubiquitous to an extent where you couldn't entirely suspend your disbelief. Even though Makoto's self-serving nature was bound to bring out the worst in people, the vindictiveness from even the minor characters sometimes came across as superfluous, as if only showcased to accentuate the tonal race to the bottom that was already in full swing by the latter half of the anime. Fortunately, these sentiments of malice were always thoroughly entertaining, necessary or not.

It's, essentially, just another fantastic show with a memorably fucked up story, and adept handling of how to use the audiovisual factor in an anime to massively contribute to the immersive value of the story you want to tell.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Phrosh - Aug 22, 2007

124 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.