Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2012 6:56 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The beginning was pretty good already. Komari already showed some signs of weakness in the spoiler
I mean that much of it is clear at the start to me.

About the beginning, I liked to start mainly for the Rin/Kurugaya interactions in the spoiler
with the way Kurugaya had those MOE expressions and Masato being funny with his faces got the comedy and spirit going.

That is until Komari starts remembering something in the spoiler
whom I suspect has to do with her brother. Rin already being concerned told a lot to me that it could be a grave situation that is upcoming for Komari.

Seeing her grandfather in the spoiler
sure created some light mood with the way Rikki was acting but it also made way for information that was interesting to say the least. Grandfather seemed to have the positive expressions there.

However the best part stood out as the star seeing part. Komari was very MOE there with her blushes and well Rikki for that matter saw the wrong part again in the spoiler
from her. ROFL as always of him.

About the wishing star event, one of the main parts that starts it up in the spoiler
whom I liked is Komari’s expressions apart from the breakdown one. Rikki was interesting also in the point that he woke up suddenly as Komari was in need of someone. Very remarkable there. Rikki caught well Komari but it’s her expressions that made things a little joyful there.

Once on the rooftop and things progressing in the spoiler
I can safely say Komari’s expressions got really MOE high there to a very delightful level. The blushing mainly. Her talk with Rikki was pleasant and certainly the wishing was very well done.

That is till Komari started to remember in the spoiler
despite being another short episode it showed a lot for me. Good thing the brush off with her blushing really came quickly to distract the viewer. A rather clever setup.

About the date, loved it all the way. RIKKI IS A MAN! By that I meant a gentleman. My first impression of her in the spoiler
was a total OVER 9000 MOE detection. The dress with the frills suits her quite fine and that blushing face was just amazing there. However once again the hint is back on with Komari’s mini breakdown.

That cleverly gets brushed off again in the spoiler
with a Komari blushing face full of light. However it quickly comes back again and this is more obvious with recalling her memories. That is until the following,

Along with the spoiler
easily best part IMO! That was really romantic with the “Sudden boat rocking I fall in your arms setup.” It is used often but it being with Komari just felt emotional.

As Komari’s breakdown occurs,

I am shaking right now. It’s too powerful emotionally! I am mind-numb right now at the effects of this part. It's plain too bad they cut it.

Oh man! The impact is insane in the brain. The BGM makes it even deeper. OK aside from that, still having trouble here so I make best of this part as I can with my feelings.

About Komari’s breakdown, the first thing I kind of noticed is the sudden weather change and of all a rather quick breakdown of Komari in the spoiler
and this is due all cause of dead cat? Well it’s plausible for it evokes death and any memories with it are too from the looks of how Komari reacts to it. I started feel very uneasy and I was hoping for Rikki to….MAKE HER STOP MAN! OH MY EARS! MAKE HER STOP! Oh Komari’s screams and the echoing negativity in forever of her impact from this breakdown. Oh dear hard to take it from this series.

However it’s really the shiiiiiiiiiit in the spoiler
that totally triggered my response system into taking a break
and reflect upon my reaction towards it. It’s freaky of how much effect it had upon me. Especially Komari in the spoiler
that up-close of her face.
I am mind scarred. Despite seeing much of this, how the F can you not be when it’s Komari and with her positive sides revealed beforehand to see her like this? OHHHHHHHHHH THE RAGE! Rage for such a unfair turmoil on her.

The end totally hits the shits man! I am mind numb. I don’t know how the F will I see this again subbed. I got get ready mentally again later on. SERIOUS SHIT YO! Don’t let your guard down to anyone seeing this again. The emotions are impactful more than the VN I presume to many.

That being said it can certainly be assessed that this episode of Komari is just a taste of how insane emotionally this series can be.

About the preview, bad news man! Komari is even more out of it in the spoiler
her eyes are totally changed man! She has a blanket on and looks like one of them raped victims. Well after the memories, it sure looked like her mind was raped by memories she never wanted to remember. There also looks like more flashbacks will come. Perhaps they will reveal the final bits to understanding all this but I got it from the VN. Better brace myself with this episode of the impact from the next. It might be more than a OVER 9000 and by that I mean not even predictable of how much of a effect it might have. I am still mind-numb of Komari’s breakdown after writing this.

BTW a part from the VN in the spoiler
is in to show a comparison to the game part of the boat. Komari sure looks happy there. Still think the anime is doing a good job of that.

Now all Image Stitches and pic dump has been done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-wait-is-over-image-dump-and-image.html
Whom loads of Komari is there.
Yumekichi11Nov 9, 2012 1:47 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 3, 2012 7:05 AM

Nov 2007
Too much moe in the 1st few mins of this ep. Lol, they did include the "Yui-chan!" scene xD I am liking JC Staff's choice of having the girls wear black bike pants for their PE uniform :D

Komari was moe with all those blushes throughout the episode and that black loli dress :O

That breakdown
at the end... it was pretty chilling. I knew the cliffhanger would occur at that place. Long wait until ep6 now :(
EjcNov 3, 2012 7:20 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Nov 3, 2012 7:11 AM
Jun 2011
komari breakdown was very sad and very emotionally i even cried when seen it
elior1Nov 3, 2012 7:18 AM
Nov 3, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2011
It was good, nothing that I didn't expect.
Nov 3, 2012 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode JCS is doing a great job with this adaption imo

7 days is too long to wait for another episode
Nov 3, 2012 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Wish I could bat like Masato tbh. That jump swing was epic.

Oh wow, what the hell is happening to Komari?! Wow...that rainy scene looked bad for Komari.

Cute episode though especially the middle part.
Nov 3, 2012 8:51 AM
Dec 2011
Rin: ko ko ko komada(Norihiro Komada reference)LOL oh man that komari's breakdown was so emotionaly ,cat reminds her of her brother who died . damn i need to play Komari route now

aiueowaveNov 3, 2012 8:59 AM
Nov 3, 2012 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
So ya, I got a question for you LB fans.

The fact that Komari is suffering from some sort of breakdown..is it a indirect cause from Riki's interactions this episode? I mean, she was fine before till she began to open up more to Riki from my respective.
Nov 3, 2012 9:22 AM

May 2012
Stark700 said:

The fact that Komari is suffering from some sort of breakdown..is it a indirect cause from Riki's interactions this episode? I mean, she was fine before till she began to open up more to Riki from my respective.

No it was not caused by Riki, It was caused by the cat.
Episode 4 quote right here
"You didn't hear anything, Okay? I was never heard. Yup. ALL PROBLEM SOLVED"

planetarianNov 3, 2012 9:26 AM
Nov 3, 2012 9:23 AM
Jul 2012
Damn that's like... half of the Komari route in 1 ep. almost more than, Lot's of content is good though
Stark700 said:

Dead cat makes people cry.
Nov 3, 2012 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
Nov 3, 2012 9:33 AM
Jul 2012
Yui-chan scene! so watered down....
Nov 3, 2012 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:

Actually logically it should be her memories that is the direct cause as for indirect, not sure as to why Rikki would be a cause. I am sure the cause is just a sudden spur based on the cat trigger as death being the factor and as they say of the memories.

Nov 3, 2012 10:32 AM
Jul 2012
I always felt Kud route > Komari route in terms of drama, Anime version of komari route so far is pretty good, I guess that just means Kud route would be even better.
Nov 3, 2012 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:

Again spoiler from VN
Nov 3, 2012 10:44 AM

Dec 2011

lol whats up with her hand

anyways, enjoyable episode :)
Nov 3, 2012 10:59 AM

Sep 2008
The classic KEY-induced depression at the end of the episode.

I'm not a big fan of Komari's voice - makes my ears bleed. I found this episode enjoyable in little chunks and boring overall, yet highly satisfied at the content. Contradictions galore but words cannot describe the feelings of a KEY-induced depression.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Nov 3, 2012 11:04 AM
Jul 2012
X10A_Freedom said:
The classic KEY-induced depression at the end of the episode.

I'm not a big fan of Komari's voice - makes my ears bleed. I found this episode enjoyable in little chunks and boring overall, yet highly satisfied at the content. Contradictions galore but words cannot describe the feelings of a KEY-induced depression.

You'll love Kud and Haruka route then

If Kud's VA can do what she did in the VN, then..... That'd be awesome
Nov 3, 2012 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
I'll tell ya, it's never easy watching a person who's normally happy and cheerful breakdown like Komari did at the end. It's like watching a completely different person.
Nov 3, 2012 12:38 PM

Sep 2011
Can't watch this properly because of the video lag. :|

So on the date scene, instead of Riki's stating the badass lines(Most likely confession on the VN), Komari's the one who states it here on the anime. Well, I already expected that in order to avoid Riki and Komari romance.

And the final scene is already expected for me.

I guess the next episode will be,
TennoujiNov 3, 2012 12:47 PM

Nov 3, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Well it looks like Komari's route is in full force now. Definitely compressed a little, but I guess nothing that didn't need to be removed. Stargazing and lake scene were done pretty well (but surely there's no way you can see so many stars in urban Japan?).

HOWEVER:

1.. Komari-max vs Yui-chan was far too short, and it WASN'T DONE IN THE STYLE OF A BATTLE! How could they do that?!

2. Not seeing Riki and the other LB mess around in school feels a little weird, but I guess it can't be helped, what with the event order change and whatnot.

3. No mention of scenery deja-vu on the train?

Side note: Riki has a nice jacket.
SleepingEntityNov 3, 2012 1:03 PM
Nov 3, 2012 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
Komarimax too stronk.
Wafuu~
Nov 3, 2012 1:35 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Well it looks like Komari's route is in full force now. Definitely compressed a little, but I guess nothing that didn't need to be removed. Stargazing and lake scene were done pretty well (but surely there's no way you can see so many stars in urban Japan?).

HOWEVER:

1.. Komari-max vs Yui-chan was far too short, and it WASN'T DONE IN THE STYLE OF A BATTLE! How could they do that?!

2. Not seeing Riki and the other LB mess around in school feels a little weird, but I guess it can't be helped, what with the event order change and whatnot.

It's a great jacket
VN CG (spoiler)

He also wears a nice hoodie Mio arc
Nov 3, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

HOWEVER:

It's a great jacket
VN CG (spoiler)

Yeah I remember the hoodie (which looked too small for him), but for some reason didn't remember his Komari route jacket. Much nicer than that hoodie.
Nov 3, 2012 1:43 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

HOWEVER:

It's a great jacket
VN CG (spoiler)

Yeah I remember the hoodie (which looked too small for him), but for some reason didn't remember his Komari route jacket. Much nicer than that hoodie.

Komari's dresses are all so frilly not that's a bad thing. I especially like the White and black one. but I must say Komari in

Ah I am a heartless bastard
blasterionNov 3, 2012 1:48 PM
Nov 3, 2012 1:50 PM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

HOWEVER:

It's a great jacket
VN CG (spoiler)

Komari's dresses are all so frilly not that's a bad thing. I especially like the White and black one. but I must say Komari in

Oh dear, we have a pervert who likes helpless, distraught girls in our midsts =p

In terms of clothing, my personal favourite was Mio's dress. It suited her perfectly, and who could forget
Nov 3, 2012 2:03 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

HOWEVER:

It's a great jacket
VN CG (spoiler)

Oh dear, we have a pervert who likes helpless, distraught girls in our midsts =p

In terms of clothing, my personal favourite was Mio's dress. It suited her perfectly, and who could forget

Haruka's casual looks pretty hip
blasterionNov 3, 2012 2:07 PM
Nov 3, 2012 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
Subs are out :D.
Nov 3, 2012 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:

Where?

Nov 3, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Tyrel said:

Where?

http://utw.me/

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=370056 direct link.
Nov 3, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2010
What a mean cliffhanger.Poor Komari...i was really shocked about scene in the rain.Her screams and cries really got me.I hope she will get better soon.She's really a beautiful person, who definitely doesnt deserve it.
Komarimax.Lmao.

5/5 another week of waiting.Still no blue-haired girl with umbrella D:
Nov 3, 2012 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
Downloading with subs, let's wait a bit.

Also, let's see how many will complain about the minor fanservice scenes. Not that I'm fond of them (really, I would prefer if JC cut them out), but it don't seem like anything so serious. :P

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Nov 3, 2012 3:09 PM

Sep 2011

Thanks.

Anyway, I re-watch it and this is bothering me every episode - They should stop messing the OST just because of time-consume for a limited scene and they should think of a way. I don't want to hear a messed-up Faraway(Haruka Kanata) OST unless they do it right. :|

iLostReason said:
Still no blue-haired girl with umbrella D:

I bet she'll appear after Komari's arc.

Nov 3, 2012 3:10 PM
Jul 2012
"I wish your eyes could see a little more than you do now"
DAT QUOTE!
Nov 3, 2012 3:11 PM

Sep 2011
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Downloading with subs, let's wait a bit.

Also, let's see how many will complain about the minor fanservice scenes. Not that I'm fond of them (really, I would prefer if JC cut them out), but it don't seem like anything so serious. :P

Oh right, the VERY MINOR fanservice. Gonna wait those haters LOL.

Well, I don't really care about those either way and I bet there'll be more minor fanservice on the future episodes knowing JC Staff and the scenes in the game.

Nov 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Apr 2010
Now we've finally got to the part that people watch/read Key stuff for. I thought the episode was adapted fairly well... obviously you'd have to condense it a bit since they're trying to fit 4-5 hours into 3 episodes, but they're doing a solid job with it. I'm also kinda disappointed they removed the part on the train with the deja-vu, though...

Nov 3, 2012 3:14 PM

Oct 2010
Mary_Vanucchi said:
It's not, the way they show it is either

A) To be funny!

B) To be part of the story.

It's not done to be sexual in any way. I know, trust me or look at my list. At first I was pissed off too but they are trying to not hold back on some stuff and make it natural.

Those who see it as sexual it is their kick but don't bother with me. Your any pic or stuff of Noumi or this series hentai/ecchi is deleted from my mind automatically. It's impossible for me to have anything sexual for this series. Impossible.

Nov 3, 2012 3:15 PM
Jul 2012
I guess they skipped the part where Kyouske and Riki invited Komari out for that large parfait to reward her for her volunteer work and stuff or what was it
Nov 3, 2012 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

A) To be funny!

I think the 2nd option is less likely LOL. Remembering the fanservice scenes on the game, none of them is to be part of the story.

And none of them is funny or entertaining, for me.

Nov 3, 2012 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
I'm definitely watching for the story here. Now, as I'm observing, this is the beginning of Komari's route, so there will likely be 2-3 episodes covering her arc, likely?
Nov 3, 2012 3:19 PM

Apr 2010
blasterion said:
I guess they skipped the part where Kyouske and Riki invited Komari out for that large parfait to reward her for her volunteer work and stuff or what was it

That part is largely irrelevant outside of a few things it hints at, so that was likely seen as something that could easily be taken out.

Nov 3, 2012 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
I'm definitely watching for the story here. Now, as I'm observing, this is the beginning of Komari's route, so there will likely be 2-3 episodes covering her arc, likely?

Well, they already mentioned episodes 4-6 is Komari's arc so the conclusion of her arc is on the next episode.

Nov 3, 2012 3:20 PM

Apr 2010
Stark700 said:

Its already been 2 episodes (the volunteer work was part of her arc as well). Looks like they might finish it next week, or maybe part of the episode after.

Nov 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

A) To be funny!

It's not done to be sexual in any way. I know, trust me or look at my list. At first I was pissed off too but they are trying to not hold back on some stuff and make it natural.

Those who see it as sexual it is their kick but don't bother with me. Your any pic or stuff of Noumi or this series hentai/ecchi is deleted from my mind automatically. It's impossible for me to have anything sexual for this series. Impossible.

Ahaha yeah.
Those panty shots of Komari were only shown to (it's not a spoiler anymore as people watching the anime should get it by now)
Nov 3, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
Komari's reaction to remembering her brother...the look on her face...;_;
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Nov 3, 2012 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
Komari :( Looks like her brother did some manipulation so that she won't be hurt as much.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 3, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Now we've finally got to the part that people watch/read Key stuff for. I thought the episode was adapted fairly well... obviously you'd have to condense it a bit since they're trying to fit 4-5 hours into 3 episodes, but they're doing a solid job with it. I'm also kinda disappointed they removed the part on the train with the deja-vu, though...

They skipped it? Hm. I think this scene was necessary... Every girl's route has some hint about the "Secret of the World", keeping them would make viewers more instigated.

Sa-chan_ said:
Yumekichi11 said:

A) To be funny!

I think the 2nd option is less likely LOL. Remembering the fanservice scenes on the game, none of them is to be part of the story.

And none of them is funny or entertaining, for me.

I think the same. I skimmed fast most of the fanservice scenes since they were completely unnecessary. Luckily, they were short, so I didn't want to complain about them.

Nov 3, 2012 3:30 PM

Jul 2011
dizzyworld2 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

A) To be funny!

Ahaha yeah.
Those panty shots of Komari were only shown to (it's not a spoiler anymore as people watching the anime should get it by now)

Nov 3, 2012 3:32 PM

Apr 2010
If people are already complaining about fanservice, I look forward to when we have the Kud route.

Nov 3, 2012 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Mary_Vanucchi said:

I'm just talking about the panty shots in the anime. I'm hoping that JC Staff doesn't put any extra panty shots /cough Komari and doughnut and Mio /cough
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.