Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2012 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
wishbook said:

But scratch that. I'd say Suguha is low IQ-ed. I can tolerate if if Kirito's avatar looks different and sounds different, but she can't notice him even though the proofs are there? Change the hair and voila, her brother... Oh anime logic.

Your IQ does not seem to be above Suguha though.
What proofs are there for Suguha to notice Kirito?

The author and the anime staff already disclosed that they keep the voice of Kirito and Suguha in the game even though actually they should be different in order to help the anime watchers. Same goes for the avatar -- it should have been more different too but in anime they did not change the look so much.

"Your IQ does not seem to be above Suguha though. "
Personal attack isn't nice, grouch.

Bad decision on the anime staffs part, I guess. They can't expect casual viewers to follow their every news. External information can be misleading to anime-only viewers. Avid fans may know these facts, but for people like me, the decision to keep the avatar and voice wasn't a wise step.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 29, 2012 11:22 AM
Sep 2011
wishbook said:
^Ummm... won't the 6100 players questions how the hell a game with 100 floors could be cleared after just 70+ floors? The author of SAO clearly underestimates the power of information gathering. An incident of such scale should've become the main media spotlight, even the name "Kirito" would be spread all over the news.

But scratch that. I'd say Suguha is low IQ-ed. I can tolerate if if Kirito's avatar looks different and sounds different, but she can't notice him even though the proofs are there? Change the hair and voila, her brother... Oh anime logic.

Don't know who to blame, the character designer or the author.

and

Not sure if it's really a plot hole or I am biased because I dislike Suguha.

No information about Aincrad was spread. It was not recommended for victims to give interviews and so on.
In the SAO incident, none of this information had been made public, especially character names. This was because in that world there was frequent fighting between players and the result was often a horrible death in the real world. If unrestricted publication of this information was allowed, it would not be difficult to imagine a large number of lawsuits being filed.

Kirito's avatar looks different, his voice is changed a little, Suguha knows almost no information about his life in SAO (only Asuna's name, not even Kirigaya's nick). Now there are no clues for her to recognise,
Oct 29, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
the voice in game should be different than the outside world, but the anime didn't do a very good job of that for kirito while Lyfa speaks differently

i just hope they keep
Oct 29, 2012 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
Xaliuss said:
wishbook said:
^Ummm... won't the 6100 players questions how the hell a game with 100 floors could be cleared after just 70+ floors? The author of SAO clearly underestimates the power of information gathering. An incident of such scale should've become the main media spotlight, even the name "Kirito" would be spread all over the news.

and

No information about Aincrad was spread. It was not recommended for victims to give interviews and so on.
In the SAO incident, none of this information had been made public, especially character names. This was because in that world there was frequent fighting between players and the result was often a horrible death in the real world. If unrestricted publication of this information was allowed, it would not be difficult to imagine a large number of lawsuits being filed.

Kirito's avatar looks different, his voice is changed a little, Suguha knows almost no information about his life in SAO (only Asuna's name, not even Kirigaya's nick). Now there are no clues for her to recognise,

I see, this is a logical explanation. So I guess the government in SAO is capable to cover it up by not recommending people to sell away information. Okay.

I think the anime should be more accurate with info like these. There were still many things left unexplained in the anime. It's like they're telling anime viewers to "f*ck off, just read the LN"
Reim_SeranthOct 29, 2012 11:30 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 29, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
wishbook said:

Personal attack against a character isn't nice either. You seriously think Suguha is low-IQ??
wishbook said:

Bad decision on the anime staffs part, I guess. They can't expect casual viewers to follow their every news. External information can be misleading to anime-only viewers. Avid fans may know these facts, but for people like me, the decision to keep the avatar and voice wasn't a wise step.

I guess the decision is that the priority is for the avid fans. Can't blame them.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 11:40 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
wishbook said:

Personal attack against a character isn't nice either. You seriously think Suguha is low-IQ??
wishbook said:

I guess the decision is that the priority is for the avid fans. Can't blame them.

LOL fanboy. I hope you're just trolling. Defending a (clearly) fictional anime character is alright and permitted, but personally attacking people with remarks like "low IQ" just because I am entitled to my own opinion is plain ignorant, and your attitude clearly lacks courtesy... I don't care though, Xaliuss has already explained things that I questioned before.

"I guess the decision is that the priority is for the avid fans. Can't blame them."

^ I see your point. Wouldn't hurt if they could improve this anime for it to be able to be understand-able to non-LN readers too, though. At this point I'll have to frequent the MAL forums just to gather missing informations. Like how Kirito's items are still there, how he could convert Yui into an item, preventing her from being erased just by typing awfawofiawjfo on the keyboard, and like how Asuna's appearance in ALfheim remains unchanged. Oh but I already know the reasons, just for clarification.
Reim_SeranthOct 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Oct 29, 2012 11:45 AM
Jun 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
EstelleBright said:
I am honestly not trolling, I actually like his character.
Maybe it's because I dislike the main characters. Meh.

Disliking them is one thing, characters can be perceived as unlikeable or bland by some people after all, but wishing them that kind of treatment is another, as much as you may dislike Asuna, what Sugou is doing to her isn't something that a normal sane person would praise.

yeah... dude... there's something wrong with you if your think that type of treatment is okay..

the author is obviously demonizing Sugou by making his character kidnap her from real life into virtual space not to mention harassment and molesting.....
Oct 29, 2012 11:46 AM

Oct 2010
Jeetard said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
EstelleBright said:
I am honestly not trolling, I actually like his character.
Maybe it's because I dislike the main characters. Meh.

Disliking them is one thing, characters can be perceived as unlikeable or bland by some people after all, but wishing them that kind of treatment is another, as much as you may dislike Asuna, what Sugou is doing to her isn't something that a normal sane person would praise.

yeah... dude... there's something wrong with you if your think that type of treatment is okay..

the author is obviously demonizing Sugou by making his character kidnap her from real life into virtual space not to mention harassment and molesting.....

It makes a great netorare material though *runs away*

Oct 29, 2012 11:50 AM
Oct 2012
wishbook said:
Xaliuss said:
wishbook said:

and

I see, this is a logical explanation. So I guess the government in SAO is capable to cover it up by not recommending people to sell away information. Okay.

I think the anime should be more accurate with info like these. There were still many things left unexplained in the anime. It's like they're telling anime viewers to "f*ck off, just read the LN"

Yeah, A-1 doesn't give a shit about something as "unimportant" as inner monolog or explanations for things that would require explanation.
Could have been so much better.
Oct 29, 2012 11:52 AM

Sep 2007
Oh come on. Leafa turns out to be the cousin? How fucking cliche is that?
Oct 29, 2012 11:54 AM
Jul 2012
Wasabi said:
Oh come on. Leafa turns out to be the cousin? How fucking cliche is that?

very.
Oct 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
wishbook said:
Xaliuss said:
wishbook said:

and

Werent we(the rest of us giving explanations) saying the same thing?
Oct 29, 2012 12:01 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:

Werent we(the rest of us giving explanations) saying the same thing?

"It was not recommended for victims to give interviews and so on.
In the SAO incident, none of this information had been made public, especially character names. This was because in that world there was frequent fighting between players and the result was often a horrible death in the real world. If unrestricted publication of this information was allowed, it would not be difficult to imagine a large number of lawsuits being filed."

This is the key point that I needed, I guess. But I'm still anxious whether the public is in rage with the government because they're keeping the truth away, or they just ignore it. But this is SAO, so these things won't ever be explained. An incident involving 10.000 of human lives would not be easily covered up in reality. The world will demand truth.
Reim_SeranthOct 29, 2012 12:08 PM

Oct 29, 2012 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
wishbook said:

LOL fanboy. I hope you're just trolling. Defending a (clearly) fictional anime character is alright and permitted, but personally attacking people with remarks like "low IQ" just because I am entitled to my own opinion is plain ignorant, and your attitude clearly lacks courtesy... I don't care though, Xaliuss has already explained things that I questioned before.

I don't know your logic. Why should one use a particular rude remark against a fictitious character but cannot accept the same level of politeness (rudeness) against himself? Basically if you like to use rude and demeaning words, be prepared that they may be used against you. Besides I did not say "low IQ". You did. I just said that you do not seem to have higher IQ than Suguha, and Suguha should have pretty high IQ in my opinion. And interestingly, I am no fan of SAO -- I see quite a lot of flaws in it, but your complaints are not one of them.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 12:20 PM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
wishbook said:

I don't know your logic. Why should one use a particular rude remark against a fictitious character but cannot accept the same level of politeness (rudeness) against himself? Basically if you like to use rude and demeaning words, be prepared that they may be used against you. Besides I did not say "low IQ". You did. I just said that you do not seem to have higher IQ than Suguha, and Suguha should have pretty high IQ in my opinion. And interestingly, I am no fan of SAO -- I see quite a lot of flaws in it, but your complaints are not one of them.

My point is, if you perceive Suguha as a character with high IQ, then prove it to me. Don't resort into personal attack just because you can't prove it.

By saying that my IQ is not higher than Suguha to respond to my first argument that "Suguha has low IQ", it is the same with saying that my IQ is also low. You didn't say that but that's what your remark implied.

"I am no fan of SAO -- I see quite a lot of flaws in it, but your complaints are not one of them."

LOL. Interestingly I'm a fan of SAO, but you know this anime even better than me.

Oct 29, 2012 2:05 PM
Oct 2012
I know they have to cut things out for the animation, but they cut out one of my favorite scenes from the novel in this episode.

After Kirito kills the two salamanders, he turns towards the third one and asks if he too wants to fight. The guy begs off and then says something to the effect: "'However if you two (Kirito and Lyfa) want to go at it, please feel free to", causing both of them to laugh and gaining Lyfa's begrudging respect. Why they had Kirito say this made absolutely no sense.

It's a small thing, but this scene leads to two additional scenes a bit latter which are particularly enjoyable and their changing this scene makes me think they will change those scenes as well, which would be very unfortunate. They are small things, but these are the things that makes the novel so much fun, and why the animation so far a little disappointing.
Oct 29, 2012 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
Anyone else notice the audio backing from Mirai Nikki?

It begins @ timestamp 00:16:32.913

Then listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x26NAGpvN7M
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Oct 29, 2012 5:17 PM
Jul 2012
i dont like the idea of leafa being kiritos sister. frickin hate sugou
Oct 29, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
Jigsy said:

I did get a gut feeling of knowing it but you nailed it man! Guess that's what it was. My gut was right at least it was familiar.

Now the question WTF would they do that?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 29, 2012 7:15 PM

Sep 2012
wishbook said:

My point is, if you perceive Suguha as a character with high IQ, then prove it to me. Don't resort into personal attack just because you can't prove it.
By saying that my IQ is not higher than Suguha to respond to my first argument that "Suguha has low IQ", it is the same with saying that my IQ is also low. You didn't say that but that's what your remark implied.

Well you resorted to use demeaning words to describe a character when it is not true at all. You only expose your own self-importance because you think you can be condescending to those characters created by staff and authors who have competent track record behind their works, but when you were only suggested that those characters are not worse than you thought you reacted angrily - my comment can only be a personal attack if what you said about Suguha having low IQ is true. Frankly I did not believe you would seriously think that Suguha has low IQ, but if you somehow really believe Suguha has low IQ, then I have doubt about how intelligently you are viewing your anime.
symbvOct 29, 2012 7:52 PM

Oct 29, 2012 7:22 PM

Nov 2008
Scum..Scum..Scum...Sugou is Scum.

Also..are you freaking kidding, so Kirito's sister is Lyfa, and now she's gonna fall in love with him again thinking its someone else....aah...how idiotic. Is there really no other guy for her to fall in love with..like that Recon guy...The only thing that gives me comfort is that I know how much Kirito loves Asuna : )

I was glad to see Asuna/Titania again....

Also father and daughter moment was AWESOME!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 29, 2012 7:31 PM
Mar 2012
They really are pulling an Accel World with this Sugou guy being an Antagonist that the writers really try to make you hate.
Oct 29, 2012 7:31 PM

Aug 2011
SephiriAzure said:

Tone down on the hate, you don't see me calling Asuna scum.
Oct 29, 2012 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
EstelleBright said:
SephiriAzure said:

Well Looking at him as a human he's indeed a "scum".

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 30, 2012 1:20 AM
Sep 2011
kaimax said:
EstelleBright said:
SephiriAzure said:

Well Looking at him as a human he's indeed a "scum".

Well, with some people he's like their savior, a role model, or a cool guy. So what are them then? If their role model is a scum?
Oct 30, 2012 1:52 AM

Apr 2009
SephiriAzure said:

I actually want him to brainwash Asuna and marry her after killing Kirito. Just because Kirito and Asuna deserve to be treated like the shit characters they are.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 30, 2012 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

I actually want him to brainwash Asuna and marry her after killing Kirito. Just because Kirito and Asuna deserve to be treated like the shit characters they are.

Acidic humor does not help here you know....

Oct 30, 2012 1:58 AM

Sep 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

you my friend need a hug...I've pretty much seen you participate in every SAO thread claiming how shit it is yet you keep coming back for more 17 episodes later! now trying to find a term for what we call those types(tsundere?)
Oct 30, 2012 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
Yet another satisfactory episode, I like how this goes. Still, I keep wondering how is Kirito going to make it before the deadline - what kind of miracles will he do again, lol

Yeah, Sugou does make people hate him pretty well (which reminds me of Accel World's Noumi), but that just makes it even more satisfying when he gets what he asked for >:D Don't you agree?
Oct 30, 2012 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

Come on, that would be one hell of a plot twist!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 30, 2012 2:23 AM
Sep 2011
Scrypt said:
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

you my friend need a hug...I've pretty much seen you participate in every SAO thread claiming how shit it is yet you keep coming back for more 17 episodes later! now trying to find a term for what we call those types(tsundere?)

Just don't feed the troll.
Oct 30, 2012 2:24 AM
Oct 2012
I3rawler said:
Yet another satisfactory episode, I like how this goes. Still, I keep wondering how is Kirito going to make it before the deadline - what kind of miracles will he do again, lol

Yeah, Sugou does make people hate him pretty well (which reminds me of Accel World's Noumi), but that just makes it even more satisfying when he gets what he asked for >:D Don't you agree?

Don't click :P
Oct 30, 2012 3:37 AM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Jigsy said:

I did get a gut feeling of knowing it but you nailed it man! Guess that's what it was. My gut was right at least it was familiar.

Now the question WTF would they do that?

I was wondering if I had heard that theme before. Thank you.

Also alright episode, Leafa being the cousin was disappointing.

Nidhoeggr said:
symbv said:
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

Come on, that would be one hell of a plot twist!

That would actually be epic. Altering Asuna's memory and emotion so she tries to kill Kirito.
Oct 30, 2012 4:12 AM

Aug 2009
whatever123456 said:
I3rawler said:

Don't click :P

Well he is the
Oct 30, 2012 4:54 AM

Aug 2010
I liked the cousin until now but seriously? Jumping into a game almost identical (software/hardware) to the one that killed thousands of people and trapped her most beloved family member? Guh...2/5.
Oct 30, 2012 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

I think both of us will agree on many things.
Oct 30, 2012 5:40 AM

Apr 2012
Ugh, I'm finally caught up! Can't wait until the next episode!
Check out mah TUMBLR!!!
Oct 30, 2012 6:12 AM
Jul 2012
lionheart04 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
SephiriAzure said:

I think both of us will agree on many things.

i agree.
Oct 30, 2012 7:05 AM
Sep 2011
Mogami-kun said:
I liked the cousin until now but seriously? Jumping into a game almost identical (software/hardware) to the one that killed thousands of people and trapped her most beloved family member? Guh...2/5.

Witout NerveGear VRMMORPG are absolutely safe. So no risk if using other device.
Oct 30, 2012 7:07 AM
Jul 2012
did kirito not have enough money to buy the other head thing?
Oct 30, 2012 7:15 AM
Sep 2011
JavierR said:

I thinkit has price similar to PS3 or even higher, so it's not easy to go and just buy. In episode 16 Kirito just saved money and time.
Oct 30, 2012 7:16 AM
Oct 2012
JavierR said:

He did but no time since he had to safe his waifu and he didn't care.
Oct 30, 2012 7:56 AM

Aug 2007
O.o was a sorprise for me the "true" form of Leafa. By this time I think Sugus is in love with her brother.
Oct 30, 2012 8:07 AM

Sep 2010
nice how kirito's character looks 99% like the him ingame (add elf ears, done) and the sister is 100% completely different.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2012 8:34 AM

May 2009
TITania..nice one sao.
Oct 30, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2009
Limechan said:
Does anyone who has read the LN know if Silica and Liz (or at least one of them) will return soon? I really miss them and I don't really like the fact that SAO just kinda introduces characters to soon forget they even existed.

Not sure if anyone answered you, but just keep watching and you will find out.

If you can't wait then...

Oct 30, 2012 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
xuezhi said:
Limechan said:
Does anyone who has read the LN know if Silica and Liz (or at least one of them) will return soon? I really miss them and I don't really like the fact that SAO just kinda introduces characters to soon forget they even existed.

Heavy spoiler maybe?
Oct 30, 2012 9:23 AM

Sep 2009
ssjokg said:
xuezhi said:

Heavy spoiler maybe?

Oct 30, 2012 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
^ I expect the end of this season of SAO will come to that. Enough space for it I guess?

Oct 30, 2012 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Hate that Sugou guy.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 2:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.