Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2008 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:32 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 4, 2008 5:20 PM

Feb 2008
OK, I'll bite, people of Japan. Why the modesty while changing into swimsuits? Wrapping yourself in a towel or removing your underwear through your swimsuits? Is this the normal way in Japan? Why not just:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.
This must be some cultural thing I don't know about.

An okay episode, I didn't laugh as much as usual, but I found the swimsuit sketch interesting for the reason mention above.
Nov 4, 2008 6:22 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was absolutely boring. I probably would've dropped this already if it wasn't for Aihara.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 5, 2008 9:57 AM

May 2008
Loved the new material.

As for changing into swimsuits, I think it more has to do with everyone being elementary school students than Japanese custom.
Nov 5, 2008 1:34 PM

Jul 2008
OP IS IN!

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=169111
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 5, 2008 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
kuroshiroi said:
OK, I'll bite, people of Japan. Why the modesty while changing into swimsuits? Wrapping yourself in a towel or removing your underwear through your swimsuits? Is this the normal way in Japan? Why not just:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

An okay episode, I didn't laugh as much as usual, but I found the swimsuit sketch interesting for the reason mention above.

Everyone that I know do the same, same for the people I know in France... You are the weirdo there :3.

@angel: He put them to sleep because he rape them then that exaust them... Well it's what it look like X).
Nov 5, 2008 5:27 PM

Jul 2008
maxime1007 said:
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

Everyone that I know do the same, same for the people I know in France... You are the weirdo there :3.

@angel: He put them to sleep because he rape them then that exaust them... Well it's what it look like X).

LOL LOL! That made me laugh a lot!
Nov 6, 2008 12:27 PM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.
Because Americans are all cowboys, and cowboys have no sense of decency. ;P
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 6, 2008 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

NICE AVATAR! :)
Nov 6, 2008 3:53 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

Amen my lord.
Nov 7, 2008 11:25 PM

Jun 2007
JadeMatrix said:
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

Yet Japanese love public bath houses and Onsens and Americans like bathing in their own house where no on can see their naked body's.

I've heard a few things about the subject.
1) They cover up to prevent possible hidden cameras that pedophiles may have set up or any teachers spying on them. I've heard story's about such things happening in the past.
2) To avoid being bullied because of the way they look naked. In grades 1-6th their body's develop at different paces so its not hard to Imagen kids getting picked on for looking different.

I know for sure that high schools don't require such things nor do public bath houses, however you still have to cover your private parts when walking to and from the bath as a curtsy.
Nov 8, 2008 3:07 AM
Aug 2008
I've been looking for a good fansub group for this series can anyone tell me where to get it?

I've been watching raws till now (TT_TT)

or should a just choose chihiro subs?
Nov 8, 2008 3:30 AM

Jul 2008
Tech_00 said:
I've been looking for a good fansub group for this series can anyone tell me where to get it?

I've been watching raws till now (TT_TT)

or should a just choose chihiro subs?

I know only Chihiro does those subs for this. Also get the 720p ones. They are better in quality.
Nov 8, 2008 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD: That was exactly my point. They have public bath houses where everybody's naked, including the children. And they have onsen (hot spring bath) where everybody's also naked throughout.

The reason must be that they are elementary school students.

Anyway, thanks for the answers :)

P.S. I'm not American.
Nov 8, 2008 9:06 AM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
JadeMatrix said:
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

Yet Japanese love public bath houses and Onsens and Americans like bathing in their own house where no on can see their naked body's.

I've heard a few things about the subject.
1) They cover up to prevent possible hidden cameras that pedophiles may have set up or any teachers spying on them. I've heard story's about such things happening in the past.
2) To avoid being bullied because of the way they look naked. In grades 1-6th their body's develop at different paces so its not hard to Imagen kids getting picked on for looking different.

I know for sure that high schools don't require such things nor do public bath houses, however you still have to cover your private parts when walking to and from the bath as a curtsy.
Well, whatever it is, I bet the Japanese think it's totally normal.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 9, 2008 4:53 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know about the French, but I'm European too and we don't make such a fuss about it. Neither do they in any other country I know of.

On the other hand, after 5 eps I still don't have a clue why i'm watching this show.
KvakondNov 13, 2008 12:44 PM
Nov 12, 2008 5:21 PM

Feb 2008
Uah... that was bad...
Why am I still watching this?
Nov 15, 2008 2:42 AM

Jan 2008
angel999 said:
I know only Chihiro does those subs for this. Also get the 720p ones. They are better in quality.
Lol why? It's not like this show has great animation quality.

De-JaY said:
Uah... that was bad...
I'm asking myself that too >_>
Nov 15, 2008 4:32 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
angel999 said:
Lol why? It's not like this show has great animation quality.

De-JaY said:
Uah... that was bad...
I'm asking myself that too >_>

I figure that best to watch in best quality.
Nov 19, 2008 7:49 AM

Sep 2008
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

Can't tell if its a cultural thing but I bet they just didn't want to show it on tv without that.. If it was the ova we might have seen "more" but still not much.

Or it could be that they had to do it this way so they could actually make a part with that kind of material. If it was normal would we be interested?
TurbeNov 19, 2008 7:53 AM
Nov 28, 2008 11:23 PM
Oct 2007
When I was in primary school in Australia we covered up- usually just with a normal towel.

No idea wtf that round dress looking thing was.

Of course we wore budgie smugglers for swimming- we were were not allowed board shorts.

So the "Mr bean" method(as we called it) of removing clothes modestly only worked well when taking the speedo's off. And then you had to put the undies back on... complicated process- take a towel.
Jun 4, 2010 10:24 AM

Nov 2009
ahaha i wonder if Ahira is EVER going 2 sime =D omg HAHA when Ryouta fell asleep. . .it looked SO wrong when he made every1 else turn asleep XD i loved it when he got kouji!!! the way Kouji said Ry-o-ta... was so kawaii X3 OMG i LOVE Tsubasa and how hes into space!!! hes SO AWESOME!!! lol he won the swimsuit thing >.< i wonder how he did it... omg and the girl 1 was wrong!!! she fell on top of her... awkward... but funny!!!
Mizore951Jun 4, 2010 10:56 AM
Jan 13, 2011 1:57 PM

Dec 2007
kuroshiroi said:
1. Remove clothes.
2. Put on swimsuit.

Sorry but that's the way we change our suimsuits in japan ^^"
Jul 3, 2011 2:57 PM

Apr 2011
The sleep monster! I wonder how he does it xD
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jul 30, 2011 9:20 PM

Mar 2009
Lol Aihara 'swimming' at the end.
Dec 2, 2013 9:02 AM

May 2012
That stargaze scene was pretty funny, is he some kind of energy sucking vampire?
May 12, 2021 4:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Aihara never laughs but that's why she's best girl... gg Tsubasa at the end xD

More topics from this board

» Is this anime good?

AoiroBlueColor - May 19, 2021

2 by Fushigiman »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 13 Discussion

Fungaaaa - Jan 3, 2009

38 by Ren_Reyden »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 PM

» What did you think of Ryouta and Chika as a couple?

AoiroBlueColor - Aug 4, 2021

1 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Aug 6, 2021 6:42 PM

» Where can you watch this?

AoiroBlueColor - May 23, 2021

0 by AoiroBlueColor »»
May 23, 2021 8:09 PM

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 12 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

22 by Ashhk »»
May 13, 2021 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.