Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2012 11:44 PM

Aug 2012
Do you enjoy it? I have always been kind of a loner. I really dont mind being alone because it makes me feel more free in a way. Its not that i dont like hanging out with other people or dont get along with others it just feels not weird for me and i dont mind it. I have talked with people that hate it though.

What do you think?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2012 11:46 PM

Feb 2012
I would say I have to agree with you I have also always been alone so being with people isn't something i'm accustom to but, at the same time I can say I know that I prefer it over being with someone I "love" since I have never loved anyone lol
Sep 24, 2012 11:49 PM

Jun 2009
While I do enjoy my alone time myself. Back in the days, I thought that I'd be fine being all by myself...

Things changed last summer. Some friends invited me to go biking with them... I took the offer...

Now, I have to say, i really enjoy being in the company of others.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2012 11:50 PM

Aug 2012
The only bad thing about it is that my parents think i am anti social. But i dont expect them to understand.
Sep 25, 2012 12:02 AM

May 2012
Personally, i enjoy being alone . Althogh hanging outside with friends is fun, but it's not as much fun as watching anime alone,,
Sep 25, 2012 12:03 AM

Apr 2012
My alone time is when I watch anime or play a single player game. The only time I can't stand being alone is when I'm not at home and at a place where there is absolutely nothing to do and no internet.
Does it count as being alone if you're by yourself but playing with friends online?
Sep 25, 2012 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
Does that include online friends, or just people in person?

I've only ever really had two friends IRL. When they moved on to university and college in different cities, causing them to lose contact with me, I got incredibly depressed and mostly slept all day. So needless to say, I can't stand being on my own for too long. But I guess over time I've gotten more used to it, but I definitely don't enjoy it. I at least need friends to talk to online.

Night is a lot better on your own (in person) I think, really quiet and calm feeling. Really all depends on the mood I'm in.
Besides night, I need to have people I'm close to around me.
TrapaliciousSep 25, 2012 12:28 AM
Sep 25, 2012 12:20 AM

Nov 2011
I enjoy being alone as well. That's why I stay up to 3 am in the morning quite often. Not anti-social or anything so morning/afternoon is my do stuff/socialize mode and night is my alone time. It just feels good to be alone sometimes, sitting back and relaxing with no stress or care in the world until the next day.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 25, 2012 12:25 AM

Aug 2012
I hated being alone at first.
I got used to it eventually.
I can't say that I enjoy it, it's just very peaceful to be alone.
Sep 25, 2012 12:39 AM

Dec 2008
well before i like'd being all by myself, untill i was 17-18. then i began dislikeing it bit by bit untill i eventually begun hanging out with other people.
now im fine eather way, os long as i dont go a week without seeing other people.
Sep 25, 2012 1:51 AM
Mar 2008
It's not weird at all. Lots of people like spending some time alone (me included), just don't try to define yourself by it. You know those life crisis, like the early 20's one, when people say they didn't know themselves and shit. They chose to see themselves around how others saw them saying: "that's how I am, you gotta problem with that!?" while forcing themselves.

Loleatta said:
The only bad thing about it is that my parents think i am anti social. But i dont expect them to understand.
Don't worry about what they think of you if they are being silly and not worried. Don't be afraid to be yourself and you won't worry about those kinda things. Instead, you'll find something else to worry about lol.

I don't mean to lecture or something. A few years ago I'd given myself a "get outta here!. Now I think everybody needs some positive encouragement.
Sep 25, 2012 1:52 AM

Mar 2009
I've always been a loner and I'm fine with it.
Sep 25, 2012 2:29 AM
Dec 2010
I think it's perfectly fine to enjoy some alone time. I tend to get stuck into extended periods of isolation and it can be pretty hard to pull myself out of it. And I really hate myself for that.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Sep 25, 2012 2:40 AM

Apr 2012
Loneliness is bliss. But it's dangerous to indulge in it too much. Like 2d in a way.
Sep 25, 2012 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
I like my lone time. Nobody bothers me about shit :P
Sep 25, 2012 3:10 AM

Nov 2011
I do have friends but i kinda like being alone better

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 25, 2012 3:20 AM

Sep 2012
We're alone, together.
Sep 25, 2012 3:22 AM

Mar 2012
I hate it, probably more than anything, I think it's largely because I'm a twin, I've always been with someone for the vast majority of my life, like sharing a room with my sister till I was like 15 for example.

I think that's generally why I'm a very social person and I much prefer being around people than not.

I'm more comfortable with someone there then without, even if I don't know that person too well (a bit different if it's a complete stranger obviously).
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 25, 2012 3:45 AM
Jun 2012
i am fine with being alone or being with friends.

being with friends is fun, but there are also fun things you can do when you are alone
Sep 25, 2012 3:52 AM

Sep 2012
great club for loners...
..this space under construction...
Sep 25, 2012 4:01 AM

Feb 2012
Well yeah I am a loner...howewer i met good friends in college and yeah:
Other people<Alone<Friends from college.
So yeah before college I was an even bigger loner.

Although I do know a lot of shortcuts to becoming popular,I have taken some but I am not sure if I would take them again.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Sep 25, 2012 4:05 AM

May 2009
Being alone is boring, well... except when I'm gaming. Gaming is serious business these days, y'know.
Sep 25, 2012 4:31 AM

Feb 2011
NicoleB said:
I hate it, probably more than anything, I think it's largely because I'm a twin

a twin

twin

TWINS TWINS TWINS WINS WINS WINS
Closer.
Sep 25, 2012 4:43 AM

Mar 2012
That happens so often I'm not even surprised any more.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 25, 2012 4:58 AM

Jan 2008
NicoleB said:

No one would care if you were a male. lol

------

Being alone sucks sometimes. Others it doesn't because you know how draining relationships can be.
Sep 25, 2012 5:01 AM

Jun 2012
I dont like being alone, im afraid of the dark.
Sep 25, 2012 5:14 AM

Jul 2012
MidnightPride said:
I would say I have to agree with you I have also always been alone so being with people isn't something i'm accustom to but, at the same time I can say I know that I prefer it over being with someone I "love" since I have never loved anyone lol

This is how I am too. I don't hang out with people because they never invite me to anything.
Sep 25, 2012 5:16 AM

Mar 2012
Gunbladewarrior said:
NicoleB said:

I'm also very aware of that too.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 25, 2012 5:17 AM

Nov 2011
I must admit a certain fondness of being alone with a good book or my laptop and a nice cup of coffee.
The Art of Eight
Sep 25, 2012 5:18 AM
Jul 2012
Pigeon_Senpai said:
MidnightPride said:

This is how I am too. I don't hang out with people because they never invite me to anything.

Me too... It kinda sucks doesn't it but I'm to blame too since i cut myself off from people.
Sep 25, 2012 5:20 AM

Jul 2007
Being alone is great.
Sep 25, 2012 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
NicoleB said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
NicoleB said:

I'm also very aware of that too.

Twins? I liek twins.
The Art of Eight
Sep 25, 2012 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
dankickyou said:
Twins? I liek twins.

Do you really, could you imagine how awful it would be to have 2 of me around?

I'm not sure you are all thinking this through.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 25, 2012 5:27 AM

Aug 2012
Maybe i would want to hang out with people more if there wasnt any small talk involved. I find talking about pointless things pointless.
Sep 25, 2012 5:28 AM

Mar 2012
Loleatta said:
Maybe i would want to hang out with people more if there wasnt any small talk involved. I find talking about pointless things pointless.

Small talk is how "interesting" topics start off.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 25, 2012 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Pigeon_Senpai said:

Be open towards people at school/college/work/whatever, show some initiative and it will come naturally o.o What's the point of friendship if it's all one sided?

That aside, I like being alone. I just tend towards depression if I don't hang around my mateys every once in a while xD
"Open your closed mind and close your open mouth."
Sep 25, 2012 5:34 AM

Oct 2009
I never alone. There is someone inside my head. Whispering. Day and night..

Just kidding.

I usually hang out with some people in my neighborhood. Usually watching soccer on television. Hey, free drink, free snacks, why not?
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 25, 2012 5:39 AM

Nov 2011
NicoleB said:
dankickyou said:
Twins? I liek twins.

My stance on this.

The Art of Eight
Sep 25, 2012 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
azzuRe said:

I usually hang out with some people in my neighborhood. Usually watching soccer on television. Hey, free drink, free snacks, why not?

Soccer is the perfect way to start a conversation, wherever you are xD

"Hey how are you?" "Fine, you?" "Yeah, same.." *awkward silence* "Did you see last weekend's matches? " "OH YEAH THEIR NUMBER 10 WAS SO GOOD" "OMG INDEED, I LIKE YOU BRO, LET'S BE FRIENDS."
Sep 25, 2012 6:00 AM

Jun 2008
I always prefer being alone rather than the company of others... Otherwise, I cannot completely relax, it's most comfortable for me this way. Other than that, in the recent years I've come to dislike people more and more (be it on the internet or not) and I'm not a bit social, which makes me like time spent alone all the more.
And btw, alone doesn't necessarily imply someone is lonely and vice versa :O
Sep 25, 2012 6:20 AM

Mar 2012
dankickyou said:
NicoleB said:
dankickyou said:
Twins? I liek twins.

My stance on this.

I'd do it if I was one of those dogs.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 25, 2012 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
ShatteredSkies said:
azzuRe said:

"Hey how are you?" "Fine, you?" "Yeah, same.." *awkward silence* "Did you see last weekend's matches? " "OH YEAH THEIR NUMBER 10 WAS SO GOOD" "OMG INDEED, I LIKE YOU BRO, LET'S BE FRIENDS."

lol so true :D

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 25, 2012 6:28 AM

Mar 2012
I'm leaning on introvert, but I still enjoy social stuff. Laughing with others is probably the ultimate feel good for me.
Trapalicious said:
Night is a lot better on your own (in person) I think, really quiet and calm feeling.

This is exactly why I'm a night owl most of the time. If I'm at home during the day my housemates always talk to me, haha. Which is fine, but I need some alone time as well.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 25, 2012 6:28 AM

Jan 2008
ShatteredSkies said:
azzuRe said:

That conversation would bore me. Then again I find soccer to be meh.
Sep 25, 2012 6:34 AM
Apr 2011
I think I enjoy my own company a bit too much, at times. At least, people seem to be bothered by it. It's not that I purposely try to isolate myself, I'm just doing very well on my own, and I can have a great day alone with something to drink and a good book and/or music. (That being said, I do enjoy spending time together with my family and friends as well. I just sort of "forget" to give them attention sometimes, because I enjoy being by myself so much.)

I have adjusted so well to being on my own, that I suppose I'm having a harder time adjusting to other people. I guess that's what's bothering them, although I'm not really doing that on purpose.

I'm alone, but not lonely. Something like that.
Sep 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah, I love being a loner.
Sep 25, 2012 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
Gunbladewarrior said:
ShatteredSkies said:
azzuRe said:

That conversation would bore me. Then again I find soccer to be meh.

It doesn't always work, I have to admit that.. But hey, there's always the weather
Sep 25, 2012 6:57 AM

Aug 2012
AirStyles said:
While I do enjoy my alone time myself. Back in the days, I thought that I'd be fine being all by myself...

Things changed last summer. Some friends invited me to go biking with them... I took the offer...

Now, I have to say, i really enjoy being in the company of others.

Yeah, been through these phases as well. Some time enjoying being alone, sometimes enjoying more being with your friends. Feels like I've gone through one and another phase quite alot those past years lol. It's like a mood :D
HyunckelSep 25, 2012 8:23 AM

Sep 25, 2012 7:04 AM

Jan 2009
social phobia overpowers my want to socialize so ye.... being alone is story of my life XD
Sep 25, 2012 7:05 AM

Mar 2012
j0x said:
social phobia overpowers my want to socialize so ye.... being alone is story of my life XD

Doesn't have to be that way.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have you seen the movie above? v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jun 28, 2021

8810 by Luchipher-Zen »»
45 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts after visiting the profile of the user above? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 9, 2023

3622 by Luchipher-Zen »»
4 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

3770 by Luchipher-Zen »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it a red flag? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

iHateAnimeBro - Apr 24

613 by DAMT34 »»
6 minutes ago

» Like, dislike, ehh, or no opinion v10 ( 1 2 )

Kunii - Apr 18

69 by playfulcloud88 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.