Forum Settings
Forums

Which of these 'Must watch' shows should I watch first?

New
Sep 21, 2012 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
Well, I'm officially on school holidays. As well as Steins;Gate (Which I'm currently watching) I've got a bunch of shows I've been meaning to watch for a while. So I was wondering. Which of these 'Must watch' shows should I watch first. Also, recommend me some 'Must watch' anime that I haven't already seen if you can. Thanks!

P.S I am aware that some of them aren't exactly something I have to rush in and see. But they are all shows I have wanted to watch for a while.

Also, if you can, maybe give me a link to where I can torrent it? Nothing over 5 GB though.
Sep 21, 2012 7:47 AM
Aug 2012
Mirai Nikki and hyouko were both great, simply google it to watch it. Watch Mirai first though imo, I liked it more.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 21, 2012 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
Those shows aren't that good but I'd say Mirai Nikki and Durarara are the best in that bunch. F/Z is overrated trash, Baccano is also worth a try.
Sep 21, 2012 7:51 AM

Jun 2012
Dude, you've put up some really good ones up there. Higurashi, Fate/Zero, FMA and FMA BH. I'm biased towards my favourite anime, and I definitely voted for Higurashi, but I think FMA is gonna take the cake on this pole.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Sep 21, 2012 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
Also FMA: Brotherhood from what I saw was just a rushed version of FMA, if anything only watch the first.
Sep 21, 2012 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
Also FMA: Brotherhood from what I saw was just a rushed version of FMA, if anything only watch the first.
It recaps for the first 15 episodes because the producers assumed (quite rightly) that most anime fans have seen the first one already and didn't want to sit through a remade version of the first 30 eps of the first anime - that they'd want to get to the part that was different quickly. So after the first 15 episodes or so, it slows down and goes into a completely opposite direction, plot-wise.

Anycase, I'd go with FMA and then FMA: Brotherhood, but because those first 15 are slight recaps (there are definitely some plot-related differences that are important later on), they can feel a bit repetitive. I'd throw Princess Tutu in there somewhere.
Sep 21, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2012
Not sure if Higurashi suits your taste, it's 2 season long and you need both seasons to understand the whole thing. Well over 5 GB.

Durarara! is pretty entertaining throughout and there's a lot of interesting characters in the anime. Decent plot too. Fujoshis love this anime though.

Read Fate/staynight before watching FZ.

Princess Tutu is pretty slowpaced, but it is one of those animes that is a must to watch. I haven't watch it finish myself though.

Mirai Nikki was average.

GC is shit.

Baccano is pretty good, same concept as Durarara. Mashing up several side stories into 1 whole story.

Not sure about the rest though.
Sep 21, 2012 8:47 AM

Mar 2012
Necro-sama said:
Not sure if Higurashi suits your taste, it's 2 season long and you need both seasons to understand the whole thing. Well over 5 GB.

I plan to download season 1 and buy season 2. I should also mention that you can buy both seasons over here. The only way to find out whether I'll like it or not is to actually watch it.

Durarara! is pretty entertaining throughout and there's a lot of interesting characters in the anime. Decent plot too. Fujoshis love this anime though.

I'm aware of that little fact. Half the shows I watch have a fujoshi side to the fanbase. I don't know how long I spent trying to find a Code Geass Wallscroll that wasn't gay looking

Read Fate/staynight before watching FZ.

I'll try. Not likely I'll actually get around to it though

Princess Tutu is pretty slowpaced, but it is one of those animes that is a must to watch. I haven't watch it finish myself though.

I'm fine with slow paced anime. As long as it's not slow paced action

Mirai Nikki was average.

Heard that one. Probably gonna watch it just for the hell of it

GC is shit.

Same with Mirai Nikki. Both of them aren't exactly high on my priority list

Baccano is pretty good, same concept as Durarara. Mashing up several side stories into 1 whole story.

I'll watch this around the same time as Durarara since they're essentially made by the same people.

All the shows I've listed are shows I plan to watch at some point. Which ones I watch now will be decided by this poll since I am unable to form my own wants and need other people to tell me what I want
Sep 21, 2012 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
emm... most are interesting animes, but
i would highly recommend: durarara, baccano & hyouka then: fate/zero
GC is more or less not that bad...keep it for last :p (but before tutu & outlaw)
and mirai nikki was awesome at first, as much as i liked it, i was disappointed at the few last episodes... :/
well that's my opinion at least :p
Sep 21, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2012
I'd recommend Fate/Zero out of all the anime you have listed here. Don't even bother with Guilty Crown and Mirai Nikki, they were awful.
gatx375Sep 21, 2012 9:11 AM
Sep 21, 2012 9:14 AM
Nov 2010
FMA Brotherhood
Sep 21, 2012 9:15 AM

Apr 2012
Who in their right mind voted Guilty Crown?
Sep 21, 2012 9:15 AM

Aug 2012
Mirai Nikki
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 21, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Baccano, followed by FMA:B are by the far the best 2 on that list.
They are my 18th and 20th favorite anime, they are definitely must watches.
rederoinSep 21, 2012 9:40 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 21, 2012 9:23 AM

Dec 2009
Higurashi or Mirai. From what I've heard FMA is pretty good, too.
Sep 21, 2012 9:31 AM
Jul 2012
Huh, some of these are already on your list, anyway:

FMA had my vote, make sure to watch 2003 before watch FMAB if you're new to the series, definitely. Beginning is much better so it will make you know the main characters better

Durarara was very good imo, some people didn't care for it but if you don't mind slow pace you'll probably like it. Oh, I just saw on your list that you liked first 4 eps, you'll probably like the rest of the 12 first eps but it goes downhill after that, but not really extremely downhill

Hyouka isn't a must watch, mysteries were pretty retarded and doubt that even if it gets better, don't think it will be must watch status.

Baccano is great it gets much better after the confusing first episode

Outlaw Star is a fun series, definitely worth watching but not a priority in your list

Fate/Zero isn't that worth watching imo, it is if you compare it with other recent bad series but otherwise nope, it's massively overrated by people who played the VNs and stuff. Really went downhill in second season at some point imo

Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown are garbage
Sep 21, 2012 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
Mirai Nikki can also be enjoyable if you like "death/survival" (like in battle royale, btooom!) games type of anime/manga, and yandere's.
It has plenty of flaws though, the male lead is a bit whiny/beta for most of the anime(that is, until he starts going after 8# and 11#)

So i'd put it as 3rd on that list. But I haven't seen all the anime on that list, so chances it would be lower if I had watched all of them.
rederoinSep 21, 2012 9:38 AM

Sep 21, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
rederoin said:
Mirai Nikki can also be enjoyable if you like "death/survival" (like in battle royale, btooom!) games type of anime/manga, and yandere's.
It has plenty of flaws though, the male lead is a bit whiny/beta for most of the anime(that is, until he starts going after 8# and 11#)

So i'd put it as 3rd on that list. But I haven't seen all the anime on that list, so chances it would be lower if I had watched all of them.

The most important part of his character development was done off screen and he came back pulling off an attitude that was 180 degrees different than the previous episode. Shitty character development makes any story shitty.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Sep 21, 2012 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
Considering you liked K-ON, why haven't you watched http://myanimelist.net/anime/6802/Sora_no_Woto yet?
Sep 21, 2012 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
Although im a big fan of Durarara and Hyouka, i must say Fullmetal alchemist or FMA: Brotherhood is in a totally different class. Meaning, it has one of the best storyline among all of this.

Looking at my list i watched Fullmetal Alchemist until 29th episode, then went over to FMA: Brotherhood. Enjoyed it a lot.
Sep 21, 2012 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
make sure you watch FMA 2003 before FMA brotherhood, if you watch brotherhood first its basically just going to spoil half of the show in a very rushed manner and make FMA 2003 harder and less enjoyable to watch.

edit: i cant believe guilty crown actually got votes
JizzyHitlerSep 21, 2012 2:24 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 21, 2012 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
Higurashi is an epic serie.
Sep 21, 2012 2:54 PM

Aug 2012
Not sure but if I were you.....
Sep 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Mar 2012
AwesomeCamper said:

I will. I'm just trying to decide what order I'll watch them in.

IDex said:
Considering you liked K-ON, why haven't you watched http://myanimelist.net/anime/6802/Sora_no_Woto yet?

I do plan to watch it sometime but I'm almost certain that I'll hate it. K-On copies don't get the point of the show at all. I liked K-On because of the way it portrayed friendship, the unparalleled comic timing and the premise of a band playing music. Not because of the cute girls. Cute girls were just icing on the cake. Unfortunately, it seems that all cute girl shows since have been crappy K-On rip offs that rely on the moe appeal alone. At least Hidamari Sketch is still going. That and K-On are the only shows of it's type I've enjoyed. I still haven't seen Aria or Azumanga Daioh so maybe they'll wow me. Either way I wouldn't consider any of them 'must watch'.
SeibaaHomuSep 21, 2012 3:20 PM
Sep 21, 2012 3:34 PM
Dec 2011
Such a hard choice to make. I chose FMA brotherhood but you should watch all of those. If you plan on watching Durarara then watch Baccano before it.
Sep 21, 2012 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
SquadmemberRitsu said:
AwesomeCamper said:

IDex said:

[img]http://www.major-arcana.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Sora-to-Woto-K-on.jpg[/mg]
I do plan to watch it sometime but I'm almost certain that I'll hate it. K-On copies don't get the point of the show at all. I liked K-On because of the way it portrayed friendship, the unparalleled comic timing and the premise of a band playing music. Not because of the cute girls. Cute girls were just icing on the cake. Unfortunately, it seems that all cute girl shows since have been crappy K-On rip offs that rely on the moe appeal alone. At least Hidamari Sketch is still going. That and K-On are the only shows of it's type I've enjoyed. I still haven't seen Aria or Azumanga Daioh so maybe they'll wow me. Either way I wouldn't consider any of them 'must watch'.

Sora no woto is no a k-on! rip-off, the MC only looks like Yui, nothing more.
Aside from the character design, they are different anime(aside from having music, and SoL elements).

Those who think sora no woto is a k-on! rip-off.. well.. they either haven't watched it, or they lack basic brain functions.

Sep 21, 2012 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:
AwesomeCamper said:

This picture says it all.
Sep 21, 2012 3:58 PM

Mar 2012
I didnt watch Outlaw Star so I'm not gonna put that in my list.

from a "fact" point of view:
fate/Zero > FMAB > prnicess Tutu > Baccano > higurashi > guilty crown > durarara >>>>>>>>> hyouka > Mirai Nikki > FMA (u shouldnt watch FMA at all XD just fmab ).

from an "opinion" point of view:
Fate/zero > guilty crown > FMAB >>>> baccano > princess tutu > durarara > hyouka > mirai nikki > fma.

thats all.
DavidTamirSep 21, 2012 4:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2012 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
At least Sora no Woto has a plot...

I voted Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. However there were many good choices on your list.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 21, 2012 4:19 PM

Feb 2012
No matter what order you watch the other stuff in, you should probably watch Baccano before Durarara.
Sep 21, 2012 5:19 PM

Mar 2012
rederoin said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
AwesomeCamper said:

IDex said:

[img]http://www.major-arcana.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Sora-to-Woto-K-on.jpg[/mg]

Sora no woto is no a k-on! rip-off, the MC only looks like Yui, nothing more.
Aside from the character design, they are different anime(aside from having music, and SoL elements).

Those who think sora no woto is a k-on! rip-off.. well.. they either haven't watched it, or they lack basic brain functions.

I fall into the former. I kind of have an idea of what it's trying to do but cute girls fighting in the millitary still doesn't interest me. Just seems like an average drama series. If I wanted that I'd just watch Strike Witches (Which is another show I haven't watched). Yes I am aware that Sora No Woto is a completely different show to K-On and Strike Witches but I just couldn't resist making that joke.
Sep 21, 2012 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
Man, most polls like this are easy for me, but here, I had a hard time picking just one.

I would say to watch FMA 2003 before Brotherhood. The first half of 2003 is like an extended, more awesome version of the same material from the first 4 or so vols of the manga.

I ended up voting for Princess Tutu though, as it's widely regarded as epic awesome, except for the lame name. And that's about what I think too. But I also really love Higurashi and Outlaw Star. Watch Outlaw Star when you don't wanna think much and want awesome action and scifi stuff. Higurashi is good to watch one arc at a time I think.

Other must watches missing form your list include:
Giant Robo
Juuni Kokki
Macross
Paranoia Agent
RahXephon
Terra e... (TV)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Sep 21, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2012
aimedamiss said:
No matter what order you watch the other stuff in, you should probably watch Baccano before Durarara.

Tarextherex said:

Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown are garbage
Sep 21, 2012 7:28 PM

May 2009
Baccano! (your vote)
Don't forget to watch the Specials right after. They're a continuation of the story, not just extra nonsense.

Also, I recommend these titles as "Must watch":
Samurai Champloo
Mushishi
Toradora!
Katanagatari
Sep 21, 2012 8:05 PM
Jul 2012
Mirai Nikki and FMA brotherhood are must watches

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 8 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
5 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
6 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.