Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2012 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Despite the first half being quite fan service nice with the swimsuits and having Adelaide’s chest revealed which result in delicious breasts of rather big size. The second half as much better in the following,

Yukikaze’s past was so MOE and nice. I liked it.

However the MOE blob thing that showed up at the end sure marked more comedy and a little ecchi. Whom was good since Yukikaze’s main attraction other than her features are mainly her breasts and so the joke really went well with her attires.

Sadly the end and all ends really well and I liked it. Truly the conclusion seems a peaceful one this time around and that’s nice compared to last season’s rather gruesome fight. Good episode and I liked it. Might edit later.

BTW Some Image Stitches have been done in the spoiler
Delicious breasts of Adelaide are delicious not to mention all the swimsuits variations makes up the 200% upped fan service announced easily with those.

GIFs are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=491729
Of Yukikaze’s fan service for those interested.
Yumekichi11Sep 15, 2012 3:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2012 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't expect such a cute critter to cause such a ruckus but it was funny when it hatched and ended up in Cinque's body from the fumes for it's first moments of life, it surely had the best moments of it's newborn life. Cinque also knows now how difficult it is to stay agile in a large breasted woman's body, just seeing him stumble in Yuki's body was a bit funny.

It seems there are 2 more episodes left and most likely we'll have a lighthearted ending.

Sep 15, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2010
The true mc of this episode was Yuki's breast.
Sep 15, 2012 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
The true mc of this episode was Yuki's breast.
The bouncing gets rather delightful compared to other shows like that TBH.

Since you mention in the spoiler
might as well. Like I said enticing for some reasons. Must be the fact she is a fox.

Sep 15, 2012 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Damn it. They skip the battle against Adel to focus on Yuki's breast. Hmmm... I'm not sure if it was a bad thing :o

That was kinda amazing how Cinque managed to move in her body. I'm just a little disappointed that they came in the own body before the bath.
Sep 15, 2012 12:57 PM

Oct 2010
Avenir said:
Damn it. They skip the battle against Adel to focus on Yuki's breast. Hmmm... I'm not sure if it was a bad thing :o
They are just keeping their promise of S2 being 200% more ecchi. They are very well keeping their word.

Sep 15, 2012 2:09 PM

Apr 2011
I hope the last ep goes out with a bang. Not much violence like the first one had. But still refreshing to have all the characters and their quirks all present.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 15, 2012 2:53 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was OK. Not great except for all the Yukikaze fanservice.

I figured from the setup last episode that we would have gotten an Adele fight scene instead of a beach competition while Millhi sings a song from last season. I was also hoping for Ricotta and Pickle vs Cou and flying carpet but that didn't happen. I was definitely disappointed that the second half of the big battle was kind of glossed over and was sad thinking that Millhi dressed up like a mermaid-dog singing at the beach was what we were going to get as far as a second season 2 concert, but now with them saying the next episode is called Final Stage it seems that won't be the case.

I didn't know how to feel when they started explaining how Yukki growing up works since she's a local god but I guess they wanted to fit in a logical reason why Yukki and the other characters could all have been friends when they were little instead of retconning the whole her being an ancient deity thing from season one. Still, with some of the flashbacks to the past we've seen with Brioche and Yukki it just made me think that they have been doing what they've been doing for ALOT longer than they have but whatever.

There's not really much to discuss with the rest of the episode. They had to bring in some local sprite to give them an excuse to have a bodyswap episode. The art in the first half of the episode was terrible but when they later scenes it was quite nice. Shinku when he was posessed by the sprite had some really neat and expressive facial expressions that reminded me of Pokemon characters. Yukki's Blaze Drive Hurricane was also pretty neat since we haven't seen that move yet.

Next episode might be our nicely-animated concert scene along with tearful goodbyes and maybe a confession like last season. Perhaps episode 13 will take place mainly on Earth.

They are already setting up for season 3 when Leo said she wanted Nanami to come back to Flonyard later when she has more time off on Earth. I am quite confident we are going to get our season 3: Dog Days BarkerS.

I would really like to know what is going on as far as Crunchyroll not having season 1 streaming yet and as far as this series getting a domestic release. It seems like something that would really take off. It's scary thinking the Japanese might be like "Oh well we will just see how season 2 performs streaming before we make any decisions," but of course it's going to have a bad streaming turnout when you aren't streaming season 1. I just want a limited edition domestic release.
Sep 15, 2012 3:04 PM

May 2011
LOL body switch galore. Reminds me of one particular anime there.

So next week is the last (hoping for season 3 based on the hint)
Sep 15, 2012 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
GregZor9 said:
They are already setting up for season 3 when Leo said she wanted Nanami to come back to Flonyard later when she has more time off on Earth. I am quite confident we are going to get our season 3: Dog Days BarkerS.
I would personally love to see either Nanami or Rebecca leave something so either can come back or both. TBH Rebecca would be just fine with some drama but both would be nice to see what they do leave.

Like that none need to rely on Cinque to come back as both can whenever they want.

Sep 15, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. I can not help that I am gushing at the heroines as little kids! (As I mean from Yuki's flash backs and not that mouse-raid episode...)

First half... I guess I did not expect that, but I care less. If DD has become a game, then all of this beach-based bits might serve as the mini-games haven.

On the body switch half... I don't know, but I do chuckle that... *And I took my notes down*

Cincue = Yuki's body
Milihi = Fuzball thing's body
Yuki = Milihi's body
Fuzzball = Cinque's body

I like cinque more because he's the kind of guy I would like.. A bit innocent and.. Really... Not a peeping Tom, and funny (and yet makes sense) when he had a bit of a difficulty controlling Yuki's body... ^^; Fuzzy got it lucky for quite a while too.. xD Oh and that thing was to cute, guh...

Oh Adel and your over-excitements~ I totally forgot that the series is about to end. ;o;

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 15, 2012 3:43 PM

Nov 2008
GregZor9 said:

I would not mind a S3 or S4, it depends on BD sales.

Sep 15, 2012 4:38 PM

Dec 2010
Body switching has become more awesome after Kokoro Connect for me XD, this series really is enjoyable and its hard to even say why, just a laid back enjoyable series. Does anyone know how many episodes are left? 1 or 2?
Sep 15, 2012 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Body switching has become more awesome after Kokoro Connect for me XD, this series really is enjoyable and its hard to even say why, just a laid back enjoyable series. Does anyone know how many episodes are left? 1 or 2?

MAL hasn't posted, so I'm guessing nobody knows?
Because of that, I was hoping in a little corner of my heart that its 2-cour, but I guess that's not happening :(

Sep 15, 2012 6:08 PM

Apr 2012
I couldn't help but have some naughty thoughts throughout this episode....I mean literally Cinque switching with Yuki.......as if a hundred different doujin ideas popped up at that one moment then cou-sama commenting on the possibilities with the body switching more ideas popped up.

I just wonder if I wasn't the only one....I'm sure this episode might fuel some Cinque XYuki ideas now these days.

At least it was an enjoyable episode!
Sep 15, 2012 7:02 PM

Apr 2011
lol. Cinque switching with Yuki's body makes her look cool. And damn those holy mammaries.

If I was cinque I would have gone far away with Yuki's body and done some fun exploration. /perv

Anyway. Disappointed to see they skip the battle against Adele and the beach battle was short, but Milhi's concert kept it fun.

Overall. A fun episode as usual. I hope they final episode would be a bang. Hoping to see all the main female leads singing and dancing on stage. XD
Sep 15, 2012 8:38 PM

Apr 2008
Kind of disappointed because they skipped the fight. But seeing the final result, seems like Adelaide crushed Shinku and the Biscotti knights like Brioche did to Nanami :D
Killing heroes is the high risk high return way to turn situation around.
Sep 15, 2012 9:16 PM

May 2008
Did Yukikaze's get bigger? I really wish they had a better story , with such great characters it could really be alot better.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 15, 2012 10:11 PM

Apr 2012
I just wonder how many doujin ideas came from this episode.....and what fanart is going to result from this one. Heck the body switching alone probably is going to fuel some.....

I hate the fact I can already anticipate that stuff coming out plus I blame Hagure for my brain already being in dirty thought mode from watching it just before dog days.
Sep 15, 2012 11:36 PM

Aug 2011
The body swiching act was great. How Cinque was all embarressed. The only part that i didn't like in this episode was that they skipped the fights and the war was allready over at the start of episode 11.
Sep 16, 2012 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
Omg Callaway's jacket <3

Sad that they skipped the fighting scene with Hero Mask o-o
Sep 16, 2012 12:10 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, the good old body swapping eh? Oh well, it was pretty funny. *bounce, bounce* :)

Sep 16, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
Call me pervy cuz YUKIS MY FAV CHAR IN THE ANIME. I'ma sucker for lightning bigboobed blonde ninja fox. Reminds me of a pikachu gone sexy mode. Anyways any episode that features her is one I favor so I enjoyed this episode. I kinda hoped Milhi got stuck in the spirits body a while longer lol
Sep 16, 2012 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
An okay episode I guess...

Nothing much really happened...

So next episode is the final one huh? How come MAL haven't updated the episode counts...

Looking forward next week to how this will end :D
Sep 17, 2012 3:00 AM

Aug 2012
Another lovely episode.
I really really hope for 3rd season c :
Sep 17, 2012 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
This episode we got some breasts and body swapping,very nice ep.
Sep 17, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2011
Kinda sad that Eclair got close to no screen time this episode. :/

But other than that it was great. I also love how this show has something for everyone. :)

I realy hope there'll be a 3rd season.
Sep 17, 2012 11:43 PM

Aug 2011
greenmush said:
Did Yukikaze's get bigger? I really wish they had a better story , with such great characters it could really be alot better.

I agree. I am not as enthused with season II as I was with season I. I was hoping that aside from bouncing boobs and panty tail shots and stripped of their clothes antics, we would actually get a story line with some serious darkness and danger...makes for a better story when one has to swallow the boring ecchi shots of kids...too bad the Taisho's hot brother can't be stripped of his doggie clothes...I could sleep better at night just dreaming of his hotness and six-pac abs. <3<3<3
According to ANN...this second season consists on 12 episodes. Let's hope whoever opened this thread up corrects their information to reflect that fact.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13636
Sep 19, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2009
Avenir said:

Judging from that Pastillage won, I would say Adel beat Cinque, Eclair and Yukikaze and kept going.

Adel is so powerful, but since Pastillage has the fewest strong characters Adel kinda makes it even. I wonder if even d’Arquien can face Adel alone.
"To those who play with others feelings, I will not stand down!" - Cure Blossom, Heartcatch Precure!
Sep 20, 2012 3:54 AM

Sep 2011
I feel totally trolled that they skipped the whole Adel fight. I so wanted to see her in action. However the body switching was kinda fun. Guess Cinque had problems adjusting to the extra weight lol. It would also have been fun to see the bath scene in swapped bodies, as Yukki suggested, but that sadly never happened.
Sep 20, 2012 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
Next week for the final episode :(.

Season 3 plox, with some plot.
Sep 21, 2012 7:29 AM

Jan 2011
Yukikaze is still one of my most favourite chars in this show. Great ep though Cinque and Yuki returned back to their original bodies before bathing... T_T

MAL hasn't listed the final ep for this season but it seems like ep12 will be the final ep for S2... Hope there's gonna be a S3 >.<
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 23, 2012 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, although I'm surprised that there was no action. The body switching was nice to see though.
Next episode will be the final, MAL should update.
There was no real story this season, I hope there'll be a season 3 with a nice story or something.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 1, 2012 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
Finale closing in... :(
Oct 2, 2012 7:09 AM

Apr 2009
Lol, Adele turned the tide against both Galette and Biscotti once she participated. Nice to see her having a blast during the competition.

It seems not even other worlds are safe from mandatory beach episodes. Too bad we didn't get to know which side got first place in the end. I'll just assume Adele-sama led her nation to victory...

Of course, if there are age changing antics, there must also be body swapping hijinks. Well, yet another unforgettable memory for Shinku and pals. Probably the best summer of his life.

Wouldn't mind a season 3, and a bigger plot writing challenge would be if it's somehow set in the human world instead, with the Flonyard peeps as the visitors this time.
Oct 13, 2012 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
They are running out of budget, quite a few QUALITY shots. Other than that, the episode was nice, no green, but lots of Yukikaze, I'm pleased. 4/5.
Jun 16, 2013 3:27 AM

May 2013
Well this Episode was kinda Echi Hahaha But it was great i hope dogdays 3 will air soon
Sep 3, 2014 12:26 PM
Sep 2014
Anyone know the OST that is in the beginning of ep 11? like before the opening even, it came in season 1 and also in season 2 a lot during fights and stuff and I cant find it T.T
Sep 20, 2014 12:40 AM

Jun 2014
awww they skipped all the fighting! That was mean! What did their battle animator take a vacation this season or something?
Oh well! MORE CUTENESS. This show handles fanservice really well, i like that.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 18, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
He really couldn't have chosen a better person to swap with than Yukki :>
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM

May 2009
The show's back to its "happy shitposting" habit I see.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 29, 2012

100 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

50 by Dawizz »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 14, 2012

103 by Dawizz »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 9 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 1, 2012

38 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 17, 2023 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.