Forum Settings
Forums
Goong
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2012 9:34 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That's it?? So vague.
Nov 17, 2012 8:19 PM
Jan 2009
Yeah, I'm with you on that. It ended the same as any time they made up after a conflict. Not conclusive at all. I'm disappointed in the ending. At least an epilogue chapter would tie everything together nicely and be final-should show the end result of the couple after all the waiting. It seems like Park So Hee was told to just end it after it being so long, so it just ended abruptly.
Jan 28, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2009
I feel the same. :S
I liked this manhwa so much when it started, but at some point it got boring. Always the same happened: they started to like each other, then some conflict came, then divorce or break up and so on... And finally this ending...If this is the result, I do not feel the chapters after Yul left were really necessary, she just should end the story then.
But still, I liked this kind of art she made this manhwa - except at the stupid parts. ^_^
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Feb 4, 2013 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
I believe the downfall of this manhwa was its poor characters, repeated plot structure, and an extremely drawn out story which quickly became boring.

The beginning of the series was actually really cultivating. Although there are many stories of forced marriage between royalty, I quickly warmed up to this one. I saw huge potential and since there were so many chapters I was expecting a great plot with a lot of character development. Boy was I wrong. Around halfway through the story I noticed that I was very agitated and annoyed reading. I couldn't figure out why. I continued on. Eventually I figured out that I began to hate every single character. All the characters were whiny little bitches who had no spine. They ridiculously continued to make the same horribly stupid mistakes again and again. This would not be a problem if it was one or two characters, but it was the whole cast. I have to give props to Hyo-rin for becoming my most hated character that I've ever seen. Even with these horrible characters the series still had a chance to succeed. If there had been only 50 chapters the manhwa could have been great. Instead the plot dragged on repeating the same plot ideas over and over again to the point of me not even wanting to read anymore. As the story dragged on I began to hate the series more and more until I got to the conclusion, which I thought was horrible.

This manhwa was a huge disappointment and I honestly wish I had never wasted my time reading it. I would definitely not recommend it to any type of reader.

*Note: After cooling off I noticed how foolish my above post is. This manga isn't as bad as I say it is, but it is definitely not the best manga.
MastaJFeb 8, 2013 12:35 AM
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Mar 9, 2013 1:23 AM

Sep 2010
I agree, it was way too vague and after all of their history of breaking up/make up...how are we supposed to know that they FINALLY stay together? I am not a big fan of drama (which this had way too much of) but I kept reading because I figured I'd put up with so much already to the point that I hated all of the characters that I at least had to see the happy ending...hoping for them being married and her pregnant....but I get to feel like "that's it???"....grrrrr They spent so much time on the annoying parts of the story...but then give it a half-assed ending...I think everyone that makes it through without giving up at least deserves a decent ending.
jeni234Mar 9, 2013 7:20 AM
Mar 10, 2013 1:15 AM

Nov 2009
I am actually sort of disappointed, I mean obviously it implies they will get back together but I mean wtf?!?! That's it??? After all of that drama that is how you are going to end it? I really think they should have put a much better effort in to it's ending, rather than the last 10 or so pages they both get back together and then mention "some day we will get back together" ... What happened to Sul's plan? What is going to happen to her current boyfriend ... although pretty sure that she already goes farther with Shin in a matter of seconds than she has gone w/ her boyfriend of 10 months so ... you can kind of assume that is over ...

All in all it was a great manga with just a very very very unsatisfying ending that didn't do the series justice.
Nov 27, 2013 9:55 AM
Oct 2008
I really liked the earlier chapters of this manhwa, until the repeating plots just took the fun out of my reading. I read the first 120-ish chapters in days, while it took me weeks to finish the rest.
The ending was so rushed and unfinished that I had to check if there actually were more unmentioned chapters somewhere.
The characters though claimed to have changed or grown up, actually remained linear and predictable. In the end the only interesting character, that was left for me, was Sun and after implying he might be strange the mangaka didn't even bother any further mention.
For all I know, Shin probably won't give up the kingdom to his psycho brother and CK will die alone/unhappy. ><"
Aug 21, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2012
At the beginning, I loved this manhwa, the theme was promising, but after reading chapter 179, I confess I had the feeling "I've lost my time". The story was well written, but the author left the ending very vague. I might be wrong, but I think the author has left that way just to "simulate" life. I mean, in life you have some plans, you may have your expectations but it doesn't mean they will be accomplished : "some day, we will be able to cross it ..." ( or not, look at the ellipsis). I guess, she just gave a "punch of reality" in each reader.

"El Psy Congroo"
Jun 27, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
This series was fine although the last few chapters felt rushed and a bit of a turn off imo. Had some trouble reading through them but in overall quality of romance, I think it was satisfying. Nothing too great though. I'd rate this 6-7 at best.
Sep 14, 2022 3:27 AM
Sep 2022
It was just … so disappointed.. if it was like only a short not long , medium length manga it would’ve been great. The plot was dragged way to long and how come everyone else is happy but the main characters aren’t Fr?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goong Chapter 161 Discussion

czerah - Aug 27, 2012

1 by Jak »»
Jun 9, 2017 11:26 AM

» Spin-off/sequel webtoon for Goong?

nehnehneji - Jan 28, 2015

3 by ssundaeramyeon »»
May 27, 2016 6:17 AM

Poll: » Goong Chapter 1 Discussion

czerah - Aug 22, 2012

1 by Stark700 »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:56 PM

Poll: » Goong Chapter 80 Discussion

czerah - Aug 24, 2012

1 by thedarkoni »»
Oct 19, 2013 1:20 PM

Poll: » Goong Chapter 178 Discussion

czerah - Aug 27, 2012

1 by Pirating_Ninja »»
Mar 10, 2013 1:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.