Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2021 10:59 PM

Jun 2015
Best episode by far. Kinda wish the whole show just centered around Misuzu and Haruko, but eh, this was great and I'll take it.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Oct 8, 2021 8:30 AM

Feb 2014
A really touching episode that solidified Haruko and Misuzu's relationship. The part where she was giving her biological father her important stuff was really emotional, and then she knocked it all away to be back with her Mommy again... :')

Can't wait to see how this ends!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2020
I never really managed to get very invested in this show, but this episode had a completely different way of handling things that made me care so much more about what was going on.
I always liked Haruko but now I can say without doubt that she is my favorite character, she really touched me (and I'm glad the show acknowledged that she is young, I always wondered if she looked so young due to Kyoani and/or Key refusing to make their characters look old (after all I'm pretty sure that's the case with Sanae from Clannad)).
And oh suprise of the surprise : I actually shed a tear when Misuzu ran back to Haruko and called her mommy. I never thought the show could make me emotional but here it did. I'm so weak with these kind of things.

Also, even if I've never been super attached to her, it still hurts to see Misuzu deteriorating like that... Considering the foreshadowing as well as the single fact that this is Key, I'm really seeing the sad ending coming but I at least hope acknowledging Haruko as her mom will help her be as happy as she used to be (or at least tried to be) until whatever happens happens.

Now with all that said it's still not enough to redeem the whole show (not that I dislike it, I just have issues with the way things are handled), but really had to give them props for making an episode that I could get invested in. I hope the last episode will be as good.
Dec 14, 2021 10:24 PM

Jan 2017
A beautiful and emotional scene of Misuzu choosing Haruko over her biological dad is bogged down by very confusing and downright unexplained stuff such as "how tf is Kanna's curse related to her sudden memory loss" and "why tf would she chose Haruko when her only current memory of her is the 3 days as compared to her childhood memories with her dad"

also they would never explain the heck is going on with Sora@Ryuuya@Yukito aren't they
Dec 20, 2021 7:17 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i think

Mar 10, 2022 11:04 PM

May 2020
Scratching your head over those things they didn't bother explaining won't really get any of us anywhere, so just leave it at that. This episode did hit home, but honestly it's too late in the game now.
Jul 5, 2023 12:03 PM

Sep 2016
i've had some reservations about the show and the way it paces its story but i have no objection saying this is definitely one of the best episodes from this anime so far. as much as i wish the dynamic between the two of them had been worked on a little bit more for this to have a greater emotional impact, and as much as i wisb this episode was longer so there'd be time dedicated to just fleshing out misuzu's relationship with her mother BEFORE she loses her memory, i can't deny how well orchestrated this episode is. i do find my suspension of disbelief weakening at the idea that somehow going to the beach restored all of misuzu's memories -- it makes sense but it's just a little bit too out there for me -- however this episode did warm my heart .
DorkaveJul 5, 2023 12:07 PM
Jul 5, 2023 12:05 PM

Sep 2016
haydenluvsanime said:
Best episode by far. Kinda wish the whole show just centered around Misuzu and Haruko, but eh, this was great and I'll take it.
exactly!! i wasn't entirely sold on the romance between yukito and misuzu, even though that's the whole focus of the show. this however? i love it. i wish the whole show was like that
Oct 5, 2023 6:59 AM

Jan 2015
first episode made me quite emotional. Poor Misuzu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Animatronix - Mar 27, 2008

197 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Aug 20, 2008

62 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Nov 12, 2007

100 by KingYoshi »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yukia-Kontan - May 30, 2008

74 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 9, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.