Forum Settings
Forums

Which technological innovation would you like to see in the next few decades?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 18, 2012 11:49 AM
Dec 2011
Nerve Gear for VRMMORPG
Oct 18, 2012 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
Singateru said:
Nerve Gear for VRMMORPG

^ that or a holodeck. I'd no longer have any need for the real world.

Oct 18, 2012 4:54 PM

Oct 2009
sauteed_roaches said:
Man has already discovered cloning...and has done cloning sheep
If religious beliefs were put aside, science should have been doing human cloning nowadays...

I would rather had a cheap fully functional stem cells that could regrowth your vital organs, such as heart, kidney, lungs, blood cells, etc.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 18, 2012 5:02 PM

Mar 2008
Immortality.
But since that won't happen anytime soon, I'll go with Strong AI.
Oct 18, 2012 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Its predicted to be possible for near immortality,
but not for us, it will be for the new unborn decades later.
They can modify the gametes to eliminate the aging genes before fertilization.
Of course, other diseases and fatal causes after birth can still kill.

Its also possible now to modify some genes to convert hair cells to eggs and sperms, in mouses. That means, if applying to human is possible, and if you get a hair of your idol or anyone, you can have a baby with him/her...
Oct 18, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
the start of changing mar's to a life sustaining envirement, i doubt in our lifetime anyone could live on the big red but we need to work on leaving this rock we call earth cause we are running out of time and fast

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 18, 2012 5:14 PM

Oct 2009
bottle said:
Its predicted to be possible for near immortality,
but not for us, it will be for the new unborn decades later.
They can modify the gametes to eliminate the aging genes before fertilization.
Of course, other diseases and fatal causes after birth can still kill.

Its also possible now to modify some genes to convert hair cells to eggs and sperms, in mouses. That means, if applying to human is possible, and if you get a hair of your idol or anyone, you can have a baby with him/her...

But the point of having baby is the process of making it. lol jk.
That would causes lots of legal and social problems, imagine if 10 years from now there are thousands of Robert Pattinson sons and daughters.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 18, 2012 5:44 PM

May 2012
Immortality pills, they reverse your age back to 21, after you're 21 you stop aging, they make your body 3000x stronger, can't become ill, immune to diseases, you never go hungry but you can eat if you want.

I'm 17, but this would be nice to have.
Oct 18, 2012 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
Something along with:

LUL
Oct 18, 2012 5:53 PM

Jun 2011
An edible water bottle.
Oct 18, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2012
pufss said:
Immortality pills, they reverse your age back to 21, after you're 21 you stop aging, they make your body 3000x stronger, can't become ill, immune to diseases, you never go hungry but you can eat if you want.

GoryoOct 18, 2012 6:08 PM
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 18, 2012 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
self-reproducing peanut butter
Oct 18, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2010
Jaconator said:
An edible water bottle.
Probably already done, or can be done, can't guarantee how long it will last though.
Oct 18, 2012 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
The Singularity
Oct 18, 2012 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
Goryo said:
pufss said:
Immortality pills, they reverse your age back to 12, after you're 12 you stop aging, they make your body 3000x stronger, can't become ill, immune to diseases, you never go hungry but you can eat if you want. And then an angel comes from the future to prevent you from inventing it.

I think this makes it funnier, Boukusatsu tribute.
Oct 18, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
I'm really looking forward to some sort of augmented reality glasses that I can just walk around and interact with the world around me, play games, and watch videos on in HD. I honestly think, with SoC's getting as small and powerful as they are today, that this is something we could easily see in mass production in the next 10 years. Google's own project Glass is already looking really promising.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Glass
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oct 18, 2012 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
VRMMORPG.
real life sucks
Oct 18, 2012 7:10 PM

Mar 2012
- Anime style virtual reality
- The ability to transfer memory to this vr without needing a human body so we can live in this anime world for ever

That's all I desire
Oct 18, 2012 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
one-more-time said:
Something along with:

This. While anti-aging and mind stuff is really interesting, my honest answer would be something related to advanced VR or androids for sexual purposes. I couldn't turn something like that down, really.
Tissues not included.
Oct 18, 2012 8:47 PM

Aug 2008
Get us one of those Nerve Gear from Sword Art Online and let us play video games like that. :3

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Oct 19, 2012 12:04 AM
May 2007
Most stuff from Metal Gear Solid
Holographic television
Bad ass simulators
Iron man suit

Other bad ass shit
Oct 19, 2012 2:40 AM
May 2009
Oct 19, 2012 3:00 AM
Aug 2012
Eventhough this is not quite the topic a time machine would be everything but great. To keep it short lets just say there would be so much uncontrollable abuse it's not worth it.

For what I would really like to see in the next years.. Thats quite a tough question. I think what would benefit us the most would be a a new revolutionary way of converting engergy. Nuclear power is not really what we should use but it the cheapest so i hope for a cheaper method with less danger. Another one would be an electric car that doesn't take hours to charge and that lasts for long distance.
Of course this is only the selfish wish of me to live more convenient. For a less selfish one.. That is also difficult because let's say we cure aids.. That would probably be really expensive at first so only rich people would benefit from that and there a lot of poor people who won't be helped by this.. For cancer or any other disease that causes a lot of deaths I think the same way. Let's say I wish for a cheap way to cure cancer/aids/whatsoever. But then we would also have to think what would be the consequences of that.. That could lead to overpopulation.. You know what? Just forget what I am talking about I think I start talking trash so I should stop because no has ever read this anyway.
Oct 21, 2012 8:25 AM

Aug 2012
freaking robot suits!
Oct 21, 2012 8:26 AM
Jun 2012
something like SAO or Accel world would be great :)
Oct 21, 2012 8:50 AM

Jun 2010
Plun said:
Get us one of those Nerve Gear from Sword Art Online and let us play video games like that. :3

Oooh yes please. Some real fancy virtual technology like that would be amazing.
Oct 22, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
I wanna see some fucking flying battleships. I expect some giant hunks of metal that aren't planes, flying and floating through the sky with cannons and lasers and shit. That's all there is to it.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

"Ninety percent of everything is crap." -Theodore Sturgeon
Oct 23, 2012 7:40 AM

Jun 2012
Trapalicious said:
I kind of think that immortality is something I'd like us to never move towards. Because very likely only the rich would afford it, and given if it were ever possible, I'm sure most would jump on it. So then what happens with everyone else, you know?

On top of that, I'm not sure anyone is really important enough to the world to be granted such a thing.

EDIT: +10 for NHK avatar. I have no idea what exactly the 10 is, but whatever if is, you have more now.

I don't really think anyone would want to be immortal. Life is great and all, but if you couldn't die, life would get very very very boring after the first few hundred years.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 23, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2008
Laraso said:
Trapalicious said:
I kind of think that immortality is something I'd like us to never move towards. Because very likely only the rich would afford it, and given if it were ever possible, I'm sure most would jump on it. So then what happens with everyone else, you know?

On top of that, I'm not sure anyone is really important enough to the world to be granted such a thing.

EDIT: +10 for NHK avatar. I have no idea what exactly the 10 is, but whatever if is, you have more now.

I don't really think anyone would want to be immortal. Life is great and all, but if you couldn't die, life would get very very very boring after the first few hundred years.

True immortality isn't possible, but immortality from aging seems like it might be feasible...thus there would never be a case where someone "can't die." And I doubt any true scientist would ever want to die because life was "boring", I think that's more of a teenager mindset.
Oct 23, 2012 8:06 AM

Aug 2012
Sephiex said:
Laraso said:
Trapalicious said:

True immortality isn't possible, but immortality from aging seems like it might be feasible...thus there would never be a case where someone "can't die." And I doubt any true scientist would ever want to die because life was "boring", I think that's more of a teenager mindset.

I have a healthy amount of scientific inquiry and I'm an adult.

Immortality would suck balls.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 23, 2012 8:10 AM

Mar 2008
Goryo said:

I have a healthy amount of scientific inquiry and I'm an adult.

Immortality would suck balls.

Then apparently your scientific inquiry is small enough to be satisfied within one lifetime. Many others are not.
Oct 23, 2012 8:19 AM

May 2012
drinkbeer said:
something like SAO or Accel world would be great :)

This but with more Haremm..:)
Oct 23, 2012 9:15 AM

Oct 2012
I want real life mechs. I don't care if they're the size of buildings like in Big O or the highly moblie ones in Code Geass, I JUST WANT A MECH! If it could fly and lay waste to entire cities, that would be neat as well.

And before someone tells me that there are mechs in development, they're not good enough. I want the ones from my anime dreams. I want a game changer. Like those in Neo Genesis Evangelion or Full Metal Panic.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Oct 23, 2012 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
Duel gear like those in yugiohs
Oct 23, 2012 4:22 PM
Oct 2012
Artificial intelligence.
Nov 28, 2016 5:36 PM

Nov 2016
Oops, i triggered everyone, hopefully this gets buried again
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

14 by hypergoob »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

28 by Manhmm »»
13 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

23 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.